The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 13 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:34 pm
The woman with the glowing sun looked over at Susanoo out of the corner of her eye and then back at the young girl before them "It would seem so. Whatever hair brained scheme big brother pulled seemed to have worked."she told the group before addressing the two mortals before them "So niece Koharu, I ask again. Why have you summoned us? We have nothing to do with what Tenjin has done."she stated
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:08 pm
Koharu would take a deep breath before speaking "I am not asking you to take responsibility or anything of the like on what my father has done....I'm here to ask you....to help me save him" she said as she stood there looking at the three of them. "He's your brother do you not care at all for that?" she knew it was a long shot after all they were gods...they probably could care less about what happened to the world beneath their feet but it was a long shot.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm
Susanoo stepped forward and stood in front of her. “If there is a way, by law of the gods, we are not able to help you in finding it. We have all been sworn to silence” she said and raise d her hand to show a glowing symbol that appeared on the back of it as she held it over her mouth.” She said sadly

Last edited by Laluna90 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am
“Save him? The man is a God, he cannot die.”Amaterasu stated “The only thing that will happen to him is that he will be reborn again as a child. And have to experience life anew. That is the curse he brought upon himself the moment he decided to transfer his divinity unto you. You were not supposed to have left the Spirit Realm. Your birth broke a sacred taboo, and this is his divine punishment. Tenjin will die, and be born again...what happens in between that time is anyone’s guess. The Long Night is coming. A day when you will see the Sun, Moon and stars no matter what time of day or night it is. That is when Tenjin’s energy will have been transferred unto you as a Sky Goddess.”the eldest of the three stated “We are not ones to intervene with fate. That is not our role.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:00 am
"I understand that he can't die...that he'll just be reborn but...doesn't he deserve to have a family of his own? Rules are sometimes broken for a reason so that things can grow, traditions don't stay the same they evolve with the times." She looked at them, begging as Tsukiyomi looked upon her niece then looked towards her sisters. "She has not been told it would seem." she said simply as she would look at the child. Koharu stood there unsure what they where saying but when Amaterasu spoke of her gaining her fathers divinity and becoming a sky goddess she paused. "wait...sky goddess? w...why would I become a god?" she asked quickly even glancing towards Gail wondering if he knew...did Nazuki know as well? what wasn't she being told. "whats the Long night?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 am
“When tenjin dies, his barrier will release a hoard of evil upon the earth. May even well destroy it. But when he, or his successor is born and claims the seat of Kami will it be restored.” Susanoo said, “when he is reborn, he will start life a new and with no memory of who he was before or those the knew him.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 pm
"That is to say if someone else does not steal the seat first. Ebisu, through his actions of the last decade and a half, has stripped your father of the title of Kami and has usurped even our succession to the throne. Tenjin, in his final act, bestowed his power and divine rights onto you. While Ebisu attempts to drain his powers, every day they are channeled into you, his true successor. When the Long Night comes, demons will fill the streets and chaos will rule supreme. It is how Susanoo explained. Tenjin will be reborn into the same temple, but he will have no recollection of his past life because all of his power will have been given to you. Until he is old enough to reclaim his power, either you or Ebisu must become Kami. If a Sky God sits on the throne, the world will be restored. But if one of our Mother's creations, such as Ebisu or a War God, were to claim the title of Kami, the world as you currently know it will be no more." Amaterasu told her "Our father Izanagi, the first Kami, set this system into place to keep that from happening. Should Tenjin die, then the throne and title would usually pass to myself, then Tsukiyomi, then Susanoo, and by the time that the last of us should die, the first will already be old enough to reclaim the title. Our mother Izanami, Queen of the Underworld, has our younger "siblings" Ebisu, Bishamonten, Binbou or the others who are also vying to upset the natural order. They are gods of fortune, poverty, greed and power."

"With your birth however, the natural order has already been disrupted. Gods dont have children, but by having a child, Tenjin has a legitimate heir to succeed his throne, by divine right, you would outrank even myself should you become Kami. All the more reason to not assist you in this matter. It is not natural. Customs are established for a reason. This is between you and Ebisu now. All we can do is watch from on high. You will be meeting all the Gods and Goddesses soon enough. The Gathering is approaching quickly. The time where all of us come together to celebrate, and promote monks and priestesses to Guardians, and Guardians to Lesser Gods. I do believe your friend Orochinagi and your mother Jineza is finally up for their trial this time. Let us hope they pass our judgment"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 am
Koharu stood there listening, so because her parents had fallen in love and risked the natural order of all things....her father was going to pay the price and lose all his memories. She wasn’t sure what to say as she closed her eyes looking ready to just break down, but when they said that he had passed his divinity to her and that the life Nazuki was taking was not that of a kami. She looked up at them “what if....I gave my divinity back.” She asked standing there.

“I’ll become a mortal...if we defeat Ebisu...gain the title of Kami...what if I gave it back to Tenjin and restore the balance!?” Koharu didn’t want her family to suffer..it was because of her....she was the taboo. Deep down she also knew that if she did do this, she would die in the process she wasn’t meant to be after all. “At the trial...to move those from guardians to lesser gods...can it be done then?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 am
"That's not how it works unfortunately." Amaterasu stated coldly "Divinity is not something freely passed back and forth."she stated "Perhaps the part you arent understanding is this is a process. Every day more of his energy will be passed onto you, and he creeps closer to reincarnation. The process wont be complete until after he dies. Besides, what good would it do to pass divine rights off to a baby with no memory while Ebisu will still have the claim to being Kami." She told her "Even after he is defeated, Tenjin will still be a child and have to "grow up" once again before he can reclaim his throne. There is nothing you can do to reverse what has already happened. Your father's blunder means he must pay the price. However the outcome of his decision to keep you alive, and the future of this world, will be determined by what happens between you and Ebisu"she told her before letting out a sigh "I truly pity you. A mortal girl shouldnt be weighed down with these decisions. Ebisu took advantage of your parents love and waged a war to strip him of everything..and the one thing he was willing to die for, he will no longer remember. Such a tragedy. And through no fault of your own, you are forced to deal with it"she said "But even in his rebirth, you will all still get to be called a family....no matter how fractured that may be"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm
“The best thing you could do for him is.....defeat Ebisu and make sure his sacrifice was not in vain.” Susanoo said and placed a hand on the girls shoulder. “I truly wish there was another way....” she then stepped back.

“Koharu!” Shouted Jineza voice as she came into the field. Dropping from her nimbus cloud. With her was Orichinagi as they landed on either side of Koharu. “Are you alright? We felt the holy energy back at the temple and.....” she trailed off and looked over to the three Gods who stood their watching and waiting
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm
Koharu looked almost defeated that nothing she would do would save her father, that her parents were going to forever be pulled apart. Looking up at her aunts Tsukiyomi looked at the girl “it is never an easy thing to swallow even as gods we must work within the balance.” She said just as Jineza and Orochinagi appeared.

The three godddess looked at them and Tsukiyomi spoke holding up her hand, “Everything is well young guardian, we will be taking our leave now....unless there is another question to be answered?” Koharu shook her head she couldn’t think of anything more to save her father or her family.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 pm
"We will be seeing you all soon at the Gathering. Tell our big brother we give him our warmest regards. And good luck. Your whole family is going to need it."Amaterasu said before kneeling down to pick Koharu's head up "One positive thing has come from all this. You have earned our vote, and our support. We were on the fence about whether to help you all out. But we can see you are a pure spirit who wishes nothing more than to see her family as whole. That is something I can respect, even if you've taken my spot for the throne. So look to the skies young goddess, and we shall guide you however we can."she said and gave her a kiss on the forehead as a warm rush of energy could he felt suddenly surging through her body briefly before Amaterasu stood again looking back at her sister's before raising her hand as the three of them vanished in a flash of bright light

"What did you both do?" Orochinagi asked once he shook off the shock of seeing the three Goddesses before him "You all managed to summon all three of them here at once...:he said before giving a sharp look at Gale "You let this happen didnt you!" as Gale let out a sigh "Well the cats out of the bag now....so to speak"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:10 pm
“Gale that was stupid and reckless!” Jineza snapped. “What if they hadn’t had the best intentions in mind!? What if they wanted to finish Koharu off because of what happened? And also to SUMMON three of the most powerful goddesses in the realms without an offering is dangerous and energy consuming. You both could have been killed.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 pm
Koharu looked up when she felt Amaterasu place her hand beneath her chin as she tried not to show she was crying but she nodded her head as she took a deep breath. "Thank you....Thank you for coming and at least hearing me out" she stated as she would give them a faint smile before they would vanish and she then looked over towards her mother. She raised her hand to push away any tears and she would then speak "dont...yell at him....this was my idea" she would step up looking at her.

"I....I wanted to meet them, they are family and...I wanted to ask them if they could save dad..." she looked at Jineza, "its my fault this is happening...so...I wanted to try and make things right..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 pm
"I was just following her orders, she is Kami-to-be right?" Gale said to Jineza as he let out a sigh "But something came out of this. Koharu understands what has to be done now. How all this happened and why we cant do a thing to save Tenjin. You guys never said he was going to forget all of us!" He snapped as well. He too was hurting as Tenjin was like a father figure to him "You all said that it was important for her to face Ebisu but we never got the full story....but I get why....it must be hard for you two to even talk about it to each other....and that Tenjin....doesn't have much time left."he said taking a deep breath as Orochinagi's sleeve came up to cover his face as he sighed "This is all true. We figured it would do more harm than good to let you both know the severity of the situation....and we didnt want to influence Koharu to pick a side....it's still her life...and her decision on what she wishes to do with it" Orochinagi stated "However it was still reckless of you to attempt to beseech Gods without a proper offering...especially those three...though you seemed to have won over at least two of them to some extent. I've never seen Amaterasu be....kind...before"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm
“We wanted to spare you.....he wanted to spare you.” Jineza said and cupped her daughters face and wiping away her tears. “And you are not to blame for ANY of this. Tenjin and I made our choices and we will pay for them. Unfortunately that has included you and for that I am so sorry.....but we do not regret living each other nor bringing you into this world.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Koharu would close her eyes feeling her mothers hands against her face, she took a deep breath and nodded as she looked up at her. "I just wanted us to be a family....this morning was...something I've always wanted and....you and dad seemed so happy that...when Gale told me about that song....I figured I could ask family..." she stated feeling still beaten down, as she took a deep breath to try and calm herself. "When he goes....ill be the new sky goddess....Nazu.....Ebisu won't be able to become kami and...ill do what I can to make you and Orochinagi guardians and a true deity...I promise..." she gave them a faint smile.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:07 am
Jineza smiled proudly at her, “I know dear. But I don’t want you to take the seat of Kami for me. But for you.”She said and hugged her, “let’s go home.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:23 am
Gale and Orochinagi nodded in agreement with Jineza. Though once they returned home, the group of them were met with a very angry sky god as dark clouds and thunder roared directly...and only, above the temple. Geordi was attempting to console him for his health but Tenjin stormed outside to meet them "Just what in the hell were you both thinking!?" He scolded "Summoning my sisters here, do you know how dangerous that could have been!" He snapped "Thank Kami....me, whatever, that you are all safe!"he sighed before going into a fit of deep coughs but waving off the old man and the twins who attempted to help steady him "Im fine dammit"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:38 am
Koharu would notice the clouds before everyone else, the energy levels that rippled in the sky made her look up but as they got closer thats when she heard her fathers voice. The anger that he felt, and she stood there before she moved up towards him "It was my idea....so dont blame Gale for this....I just wanted to try and get help." she stated watching as he coughed, knowing that nothing she could do would save him.

"They told us the truth.....that nothing we do will keep you from...forgetting us...and that when you do leave....I'll become the next sky goddess." she watched him, wondering what he would say or do and she then moved closer. "They gave us their blessing though....to help Mom and Orochinagi when the trials come..."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:20 am
“Think it was the first time I can recall  Amaterasu was looking at me without complete disdain. Having their blessing will be to your advantage, but it was still risky what you both did.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 am
As they spoke the clouds began to dissipate and scatter as Tenjin raised his eyebrows "Wait what? I can understand Susanoo and maybe even Tsukiyomi but Ammy gave you her blessing too? Is that this sudden energy I sense within you? Your power seems much more...stable, less unruly like before and you haven't even begun your training with Jineza yet."he said walking up to them "No matter, punishment must be given" he said as he swiftly drew his fan before knocking both her and Gale one time each on the head "There, divine punishment given" he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:13 pm
Feeling the smack in the head made her wince some but she couldn’t help but smile some, though before he could fully pull away Koharu moved forward. Her arms wrapped around his middle as she hugged him tightly, “i have an amazing family to thank....” she stated though deep down she wanted to make him promise he’d remember them...but she knew it wasn’t possible.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 pm
Jineza smiles sadly at the sight of father and daughter embracing....knowing it would be one of the last ones in this life time. “Come. It’s getting late and you still have training to begin.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:43 pm
Tenjin wiped a tear from his eye as he hugged her back "Im sorry you had to find out the truth that way...I just didnt know how to say it...but thank you Koharu"he said as he hugged her tightly for a moment before letting go "Jineza's right, you all should start training. The Gathering waits for no ome and while my sisters may be on your side...they just might be the only ones who are"he stated
Sponsored content