The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Beyond the Event Horizon - Page 3 Empty Re: Beyond the Event Horizon

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 am
"I want all hands on deck until we get contact with that ship"Admiral Storm barked out "I want every Comms team we have available working nonstop to get that connection reestablished."he told them as the other Admirals had returned to HQ "Sir we got your message, do we think that energy is some type of alien construct? Have we made hostile contact?"Admiral Striker asked with a concerned yet firm tone in his voice "If so the AIRWARs are more than prepared for anything they may come across and Eden has her fair share of defenses too."

It was a brief moment before the lights came whirring back on inside the cockpit as VIDA's voice chimed on "Ships capacitors drained to 28% upon contact with foreign object. Upon losing power of the Event Drives the ship was in free fall in the gravitational pull of the nearby large oceanic planet. Biosensors report no fatal injuries were sustained upon impact. Damage reports show significant damage to the aft and port hull and substantial damage to one of the Event Drive cores. We will be unable for space travel, let alone crossing through Black Holes until repairs are made. I do not have sufficient data in order to construct a plan of action as my sensors do not reach the sea floor from the surface, however my scanners indicate that the island we landed on seems to be remote and uninhabited. A commendable job managing to find it in the vast swath of ocean Captain."she reported

"Yeah, yeah save the flattery."Eluna said dusting herself off as she pressed a button as the windows surrounding the bridge opened as the warm sunshine and cool salty breeze came wafting through the ship "Alright, get ready to spread some orders around. Get Dr. Green unfrozen and tending to the injured. Get Cam and all of engineering and communications fixing those engines and hull and contact Earth to let them know what happened. And I want Strike Team to get ready for their first Recon assignment. As for now, unfreeze the people and allow them to start setting up here on the island as a temporary settlement...no telling how long until we're back up in the air so we might as well be resourceful with the time."she said as she herself unbuttoned her military jacket tying it around her waist leaving her in just a sports bra with a pistol holstered under both sides of her breasts "Welcome to Eden Island folks"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am
“Strike team fall in! Report systems and injuries.” Ezra said as she climbed out of her AIRWAR.

Saradean and her team were scrambling to get communications back up with Eden while simultaneously going through the footage and readings from the ship from before impact.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 pm
"Reporting in Ma'am"came Moses' voice as the hatch to the cockpit of the Iron Kong popped open as he popped his head off as he jumped out of his cockpit as his cybernetic EMD enhancements kicked him as he floated down to the ground gently "Iron Kong took a couple of dings from the landing so gonna need some mild repairs before I can fly again."he said "Oh and I'm good too, no injuries here."he stated holding up his hand "You alright? What happened to Commander Lyon"

"Here"he said as he floated down from the cockpit of Omega Black "I didn't get my helmet back on in time but thank god I dodged it when it came flying across the cockpit when we landed"he said "I wonder where we landed? We should try contacting Captain Storm, I dunno if you've realized, but our hangar door is stuck"he said pointing where the hangar doors were bent and twisted making it impossible for the larger AIRWARs like Iron Kong and Valkyrie Skies to make it outside

On the screen before them from the ships onboard cameras a black mass could be seen solidifying through the void of space rapidly expanding and tracing them as the ship manuevered quickly and skillfully through clusters and strands of the foreign entity "Leave it to Eluna to pilot like that"Admiral Storm said proudly of his daughter before suddenly the camera feed went dark as the ship was struck from beneath by a stray tentacle that had been creeping up causing the ship to plummet towards the nearest planet that was last seen by the camera "I want us to pulling every last bit of information we can from this footage and tracking what planet they may be on"Storm ordered to the others "Get me a status report as soon as its available."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 04, 2019 10:47 pm
“Yes I’m fine.” She said and took the help up. She removed her helmet and looked to her AIRWAR. “She seems in good shape. But once power is back up I’ll have the mech teams run diagnostics.” She said and looked to the other team members report in. Thankfully they were uninjured and the mechs were still viable. “Bridge this is vice Strike Commander. We seem to be stuck in the AIRWAR Hanger. Please respond.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 05, 2019 5:09 am
VIDA's voice chimed on first in response to Ezra's message "Greetings Commander Lee, orders from Captain Storm. We have crashed landed on a remote island in what appears to be a predominantly nautical planet. Crew members are beginning repairs and essential personnel are beginning to set up the temporary settlement until repairs are completed. Captain Storm has ordered Strike Team to run recon on the island and report back any sources of food or hostile activity that should be noted. Until bay doors are repaired, Captain Storm has granted Strike Team use of the land rovers and Skyhawks for this task."she reported as an elevator door rose revealing multiple sets of all-terrain land vehicles and jet pack body suits in order to explore everything with a bird's eye view
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri May 10, 2019 11:18 pm
“Alright then you heard her. Since omega and alpha can still get out, we will take them out. For recon, teams of two and communicate every hour. Make sure you have emergency kits and your side arms.”
She said and assigned the teams, her and commander as one team since they would be able to fly and keep up with each other. “Once your ready, sound off, we’ll report to Commander Storm then.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 1:50 pm
"Right"Moses said with a salute before hopping on his ATV and revving the engine "Oooooo listen to that purr. This thing is amazing"the techie pilot said as he looked at the other two in his unit as they headed off. Once they were far off from the rest of the ship he turned to the other two "Soooo is it just me, or do you think the Commanders tooootallly gonna have a thing for each other? You can sense that too right? Commander Lyon's all fun loving and goofy and kind of easy going and Vice Commander Lee's this straight edge, hard nose, bad ass commander that's supposed to report to him technically, and they're totally gonna butt heads and get busy, amiright? Especially right now, tropical beaches, out in the jungle, instinctual since of survival kicking in..."

Kai sneezed as he wiped his nose as he looked out the hatch doors "Ever get the feeling someone's talking about you?"he asked aloud before flying back up into the cockpit of his AIRWAR "They have the ground, we have the air"he said as he maneuvered his mecha carefully out of the broken doors before spreading the wings and hovering slightly with the cockpit still open "I think we should start off with a sweep of the entire surface to see if there are any other islands or signs of life we should be concerned about before returning and scanning through the jungle for the same, what do you think Ezra? and please call me Kai when we aren't in front of the others, we're both Commanders so we should be able to speak freely to one another without pulling rank"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 3:50 pm
“Careful she doesn’t hear you.” Sheria said with a chuckle as she climbed onto her own after she made sure her side arm was secure. “But yeah. I’d bet they hook up sometime in this mission.”

“Wouldn’t be too surprised...but I think that’s the least of our concerns.....what was that thing up there?” She asked as they managed to get out of the hanger.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm
"Bet you say? Care to take a little wager? I got a chocolate bar on it happening before we get the ship even 50% repaired" Moses said as they trekked over the ground "Ya know....there really doesnt seem to be much else on this side of the island...just beautiful beaches....and crystal blue water that hasnt been polluted by billions of people...and no cities or factories....it's...kinda nice, ya know?"

"You're guess is as good as mine" Kai said as they began to slowly take off as he activated his scanners "Whatever it was, it didnt like us, and we're lucky we made it out of there. Let's just hope it doesnt decide to follow us here too."he told her "I know we were trained to "expect the unexpected" but no one could have anticipated something like that"he commented
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 5:31 pm
“I’ll play the long game....i’ll Give it a month....I’ll wager your item of choice from the care package my mom sent with me.” She said. “Tanner how about you? You in?” She asked their other team mate, “I’ll play it in the middle and say a week. Winner gets my undying love and devotion.” He said with a laugh. “Nah , but for real...my desert rations for a month.”

Sheria chuckled and looked out over the view. “Yeah it really is.....do you think their is any life here? Aside from the sea life?”

“It seemed intelligent but random.....like it knew what it wanted but just went for everything.” She said as they flew over the wreck. “At least storm managed to hit land.....but this island isn’t very big...could have easily hit water.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 6:26 pm
"A whole month!? Oh you are so on!" Mitch said patting his big belly "Those puddings are as good as mine"he said before hearing her question "Ya know....Im gonna go out on a limb here and say no. At least not up here on the surface....I wonder why? Even on remote deserted islands on Earth there were some animals stirring around on land"he stated

"Well that's why they say she's the best pilot in the fleet" Kai said "Managed to hit a pindrop island in a vast swath of blue ocean as the engines failed...we really are lucky to be alive"he sighed "I dunno about you, but my scanners arent picking up anything on the surface at all. Nothing with a pulse anyway...but tons of activity under the water"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 7:45 pm
“Maybe we should take a closer look? These rides convert for water.” Tanner said as he looked out into the ocean.

“In an ocean planet that makes sense. What land animal there is if any, would remain near land.” She said as
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 9:46 pm
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"Mitch asked the group before the next moment he was already driving his vehicle out over the water "Woooooooohooooooooo"he yelled excitedly as they raced over the waves "This is awesome!"

"That is true, and there doesn't seem to be any land animals at all. All ocean. Do you think we should chance a dive under the waves?"Commander Lyon asked her as he lowered his AIRWAR down on the edge of another remote island as the waves seemed to spread beneath him "Enginneering did say these were all-terrain..land, sea, sky and space"he stated
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 pm
“Aw yeah!” Sheria cheered as she and Tanner races after Moses out onto the water. “This is awesome!” Tartan shouted as they raced each other and circled one another.

“I don’t see why not....from my reasons....and state of the intercoms, our team is having a blast on the water as well.” She said and smirked a bit.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 11:55 pm
"Yeah you guys know this is an open channel right? Ergo we can hear you all slacking off"Commander Lyon said with a laugh before he motioned to Commander Lee as his cockpit closed "Omega Black Falcon preparing to dive"he called out before the thrusters turned a warmer color as he tilted his yolk down as his AIRWAR began to descend into the cool blue water around them

"Let us know what you see down there Commanders"Mitch called back over the communicator "So far on this side nothing but sweet, sweet waves"he commented but was instantly met back with a "THIS IS AMAZING!" from Kai as his head was on a swivel. Around him was tons of exotic looking aquatic life. Some similar the creatures of the sea on Earth, others uniquely and vastly different from anything he had ever seen "There are so many different kind of creatures here, I was expecting to find like vast nothingness but that is not the case....I'm going to dive down a little deeper and see what I can find"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm
“Alpha blue Lion going in to dive. VIDA, go ahead and use Blues readings and recordings for the science teams later analysis.”
“Recording in progress.”
Her cockpit closed and Ezra drive her AIRWAR into the sea. The large blue lions eyes lit up with spot lights to navigate the ocean. Her eyes went wide with wonder at the sight of the creatures as they went forward. All of the sea life had varying bioluminescent features. Some with strobing lights, some in solid lines, some with one single color, others were surrounded in a multitude of colors. “This is incredible” She said softly. “There is so many....and it’s so clean. VIDA....what readings are there so far?”
“My long range scans had concluded that there is well over 750,000 specifies of sea life. There is no sign of pollution or negative environmental impact. However....”
“What?”
“A majority of the life is predatory, one of which my scans shows is roughly the same size of Alpha Blue.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 26, 2019 2:33 am
"Well that's not good"Kai said back over the headset "Let's do our best to steer clear from whatever that thing could be."he said as they continued searching around "No pollution huh...so this would be what would have happened to Earth if humans never existed on land"he commented "Makes sense that most life here is predatory, there's always got to be a bigger fish somewhere right?"he joked nervously as they continued searching through the ocean's depths

Meanwhile back on the surface, the rest of the strike team had returned back to the main ship and was reporting into Captain Storm
"Ma'am there doesn't appear to be any other form of life on this island. No animal or local natives to be concerned of per our initial recon mission."Moses said though was trying hard not to look down at Capt Storm's cleavage in her sports bra

"Excellent, then I'm leaving you all in charge of helping getting this temporary settlement up and running."Storm told them "Help out wherever you see fit. We're going to be here awhile so let's make the most of it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Admiral Storm! Admiral Storm! We've got a location!" one of the communication officers shouted from his station "I tried sending out a ping over the datacoms and triangulating the signal. There was a lot of static and interference but I finally got a return ping from the ship's long distance radar. According to the sub-report that was sent back with the ping, they seemed to have crashed on an aquatic planet but everyone seems fine. Attempting to reestablish contact with the communication systems now."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed May 29, 2019 11:40 pm
“Commander storm.” VIDA spoke over her coma. “Engineering has requested you on the Bridge. They have managed to repair the communications relay.”

————————

“Well of ever get sick of the rations on EDEN we have plenty of fish.” She said with a smirk as they continued to go through the ocean of this strange planet they found themselves on.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 pm
"Great"Captain Storm said as she hopped up dusting herself off before heading back inside the ship back up to the bridge where she was met with a static image of her father "Oh thank the stars you're alright"he said upon seeing his daughter letting out a sigh "When I heard the Eden had made contact and gone down...well.....anyway, status report Captain"he said clearing his throat

Eluna smirked slightly seeing her father getting so emotional before rendering a salute before continuing "Ships external hull has been damaged upon impact and we have no way currently of recharging our capacitors and fuel cells to get back up into the air. Right now I have Strike Team conducting recon on the surface and Dr. Green is in charge of tending to those who were injured upon impact. No casualties thus far to report sir"she said "I am proceeding with Emergency Plan Delta and establishing a temporary settlement on the planet until repairs to the ship are complete. This may end up being the first planet that gets colonized, so far all reports seem the planet might be suitable for us. Lots of fish in these oceans below, though we've yet to see if they are actually edible yet. Waiting for Commanders Lyon and Lee to deliver their nautical exploration reports."she told them getting a nod of approval from Admiral Storm "Seems like you have everything under control Captain Storm, well done. Keep us in contact, we will work on pinpointing your location and sending repair equipment and supplies as soon as we can. Now that we know the Event Drive technology is a success we should have no trouble sending unmanned cargo through deep space."he told her "You mission is a huge step forward for humanity. Continue to reach for the stars."he said before cutting the video feed as Eluna let out a sigh before heading off to see how Dr. Green was fairing in treating the injured as she soon appeared in the medical bay of the ship which had been opened up and moved partly onto the beach surrounding the ship "Yo, Jayden, can I get a status report?"she asked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah you aren't kidding about that"Kai laughed as they continued moving through the water before a blip appeared on his radar that seemed to be welling up from beneath them "Hey Ezra, you picking up something strange on your sonar too?"he asked not realizing how dark the water around them had gotten "Did we fly into a deep sea cavern or something? Even with my lights on full I can't get a visual on anything"he said as he began pressing a few buttons on the dashboard in front of him "Whatever is coming towards its, it's coming up fast."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 pm
Dr. Green or Jayden as many knew her as would move about quickly making sure that the medical bay had everything it needed. It had been moved out onto the larger surrounding area but the equipment had to be moved to a less sandy area so keeping that sort of thing out was the hassle as she grumbled about her equipment. Though hearing Eluna, the fiesty doctor turned "ya you can have one, all this damn sand is getting in the way of my equipment and then its getting into the patients I need a STERILE location!" she snapped pushing her glasses up her nose, as she fumed about this or that. One of her staff ran up to her and she snatched the report from the man's hand looking it over, "give him 30CCs and make sure those injuries stay CLEAN..." she snapped making the man yelp before darting back. "I need my medical bay fixed WAY before anything else is done...or we will have casualties...also while im cooped up here I can't even examine what sort of plant life is out there for medicines! Im in an UNKNOWN planet unable to even do that!! you know how frustrating that is!!"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:23 pm
“Yeah....it’s huge.....” she said and turned Alpha back just in time for a roaring mass with four pronged tusks ram into her and send them barreling end over end in the water. The four tusks had grabbed the lion bu the head and she was starring to a roaring face of glowing eyes and rows of sharp teeth. “Shit! Shit!shit!” She cursed as yellow and red warning lights flashed and her instruments were flashing messages of a coloration and damages to the AIRWAR as those tusks began to dig further in and started to squeeze on the lions head.

MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm
Eluna sweat dropped slightly holding up both of her hands "Woah, woah there take a deep breath, it'll be okay."she said as she listened to her going over everything "Well....I don't know about sterile....my hands are kind of tied here on that one...but I can get all available engineers to start focusing on getting Med-Bay back up to 100% efficiency for you."she said looking over some of the injured people "This could have ended up much worse though, we still don't know what attacked us....believe me I understand your frustration. Even most of our AIRWARS are stuck in the hangar since the doors are jammed. This isn't the most ideal of situations to be in....but it's our job to make the most of it that we can" the Captain said though let out a sigh "I just wished we could have landed somewhere a bit more....populated so that we could get some help getting the hell outta here."

"Shit, Ezra! Hang on!"Kai shouted into the comms before he himself did an evasive maneuver rolling out of the way as the huge beast sprung up on them "Dunno if lasers and missiles fire underwater.....oh I know!"he said as he slammed his fist down on his mech's special weapon as the beak opened and the large sonic screech cannon fired, pulsating through the water before slamming into the side of the beast, causing it to roar and shake violently in pain
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm
Jayden raised her hand to pinch the bridge of her nose, her glasses pushed up from that but she would soon speak "Worse..." she laughed slightly shaking her head, before putting her hands on her hips. "what kind of doctor do you think I am? I can bring a man back from the brink of death!" she said rather proudly of that fact, "even in these conditions I can still run my team and my bay at 300%....I just have to deal with...this damn sand!" she stated kicking it slightly, she hated the beach a breading ground of bacteria not to mention what humans brought with them to add to the 'unnatural' state of it all she shook her head. Taking another irritated breath Eluna had a point about the crash area though "if we could find a some what civilized population it would aid us...besides finding out about their medicines and various other aspects would prove interesting and good research.." even with lives on the line and the ship crashed Dr. Jayden Green had a knack when ever she had the chance would go crazy for discoveries was probably one of the only 'flaws' she had.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:33 pm
The creature lost its grip from the lions head and turned its pronged head to the falcon. It let out a roar and swam at it and head butted the AIRWAR, sending it into a near by rock wall. “Lyon!” She called back before arming her missles and fired at the serpent. “Mayday! Mayday! This is strike team vice commander, we are under attack!” She sent into the com link back to the team.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 pm
"Note to self, keep Dr. Green away from any and all beaches in the future."Eluna said with a laugh as she patted Jayden on the back "You are honestly the most impressive Doc I know...saved my countless times, that's why I wouldn't ask for anyone else on this trip."she said before nodding along in agreement "Despite your obsession for research, this time you may be onto something. I'd be nice to actually have assistance...at this rate who knows how long we are going to be here..."she said before the communicator in her ear began blaring as she brought up two fingers tapping her earpiece "Vice Commander, what's the situation?"she answered "Are you still underwater?" she asked as she looked over at Dr. Green "Is Commander Lyon still alive?"

"Affirmative"came Kai's voice as the sound of explosions could be heard through the receiver after some time as Kai worked to get his falcon free of the beast as he turned on the jets quickly as the explosions from the rock wall sent large boulders crashing down towards them as he darted and dodged between them heading towards Lee's damaged AIRWAR just as a large boulder was bearing to crash down onto it
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum