The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe) Empty A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe)

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:43 pm
The thick smoke filled the air as the sounds of screams filled ones ears, flames burned and nipped at the very ground and flesh of all those that laid upon the once lush green fields. Horses scurried about as their riders fell, while flames fell from the sky after dark shadows cast themselves over it....one rider a blaze in flames yelled out in furry as he watched two figures standing before a great red beast....where suddenly washed in fire...their screams echoing loudly their cries of agony and pain filling the air and as the man ran forward the air turned thick and black leaving screams behind....

A young girl sat up quickly in a hospital bed, gasping as sweat ran down her face...gasping for air as she raised a shaking hand. "that....that dream again...." she stated pushing some of her hair from her face. Revealing burned flesh, before the blond locks fell over her shoulder once again covering her bandages that ran down her left side. Her name was Arianna or Ari as many called her or well her doctors and best friend...she was in the burn victims unit of the hospital having survived a horrible fire that had over taken her home thanks to a bad storm and downed power lines. She shook her head with a heavy sigh only to hear the door open and turned some thinking she would see a doctor but instead....it was her closest friend. "Hey Kailey...." she smiled warmly.

"What brings you here today? checking out my reports again?" she teased her friend, watching as she reached out to grab at the clip that hung off the bed. "you know the doctors are still offering to give you that scholarship....this is a private practice...so those jerks from the university have no pull here." Though she knew her friend had a troubled past, due to some jerk with a 'powerful' money wise father the ruling of the boy's assault on her friend had been turned the other way....leaving her friend not only scarred but with trust issues of practically anyone but mainly men. "You know you also don't need to keep checking in on me....the doctors say I'm healing great and that I'm lucky only half of my body was burned...."

She was trying to stay positive but since then any fire alarm or hint of smoke in the air terrified her...she constantly kept the sound of rain falling in the small radio she had and preferred things more on the 'cold' side than hot. Her doctors understood it was due to the trauma...but it couldn't explain the strange dreams of battles with men dressed in strange armor and speaking in a strange language that no one had even heard before. Though she did do what Kailey suggested and would write or draw what she dreamed about, though any words that she wrote down where again in that strange language but Arianna could read it just fine no one else could. "So um...you hear to kidnap me?" she asked with a small smile towards her friend.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe) Empty Re: A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:13 pm
“You could say that.” She said and day at the foot of the hospital bed. She looked tired and drained. In her hand was a steaming cup of coffee that looked like she'd been sipping off it slowly that morning so far. ”or maybe just take up all your time as always....but let me know if you went me to go or anything....”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe) Empty Re: A Ripple through Fire and Water (Tolkien Universe)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:21 pm
Arianna would shake her head as she looked at her, with a faint smile as she would then look over at the crutches she used and soon she reached out grabbing one of them to press beneath her good arm as she looked at her. "Want to go walk around a bit? I bet that coffee will taste better with a donuts" she said warmly moving towards the door, "as for wanting you to go away...I enjoy your company to much to ask that, Hell the nurses even have that spar cot for you when we fall asleep on the bed together."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:13 am
”strange enough, only place I don’t have nightmares at anymore.” She said with a sigh. ”are you sure you do t me get you a wheel chair ?” She asked as they began their walk out of the room
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:08 pm
Arianna would pat her shoulder "I'll be fine, besides if I need one we are in a hospital...not like it be hard to find" she stated with a smal smile as she would move with her out of the room. "as for your nightmares....you and me both its like....the only place to get...a good nights rest is in those god forsakin beds....man can they be anymore uncomfotable?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum