The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 4 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 pm
“Tenjin, Tenjin”the twins chanted as he ran in circles around the room happily playing as the man being mentioned soon appeared in the doorway with his guardians in tow as he smiled “Well well, it seems your room is coming along nicely. Feeling all moved in and cozy?”he asked as the twins ran to his legs, one hugging each one as he smiled reaching down petting their heads “I kept hearing my name? Is there something you needed?”
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm
“Master.” Geitsu Said and bowed to them. “I hope we have done well in helping the young lady feel at home.” The old Cat said as he stood straight and walked toward him. Jineza stepped in and looked about the room. “Not very much here is there?” She said and picked up and put down a few of Koharus little knickknacks
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:42 pm
"No, everythings fine...I was just showing them one of my favorite stuffed animals that my mother gave me...it happens to have your name on it." She said with a smile as she held up the stuffed animal fox that she had. "Its kinda beat up but...its the last thing I have of her, I can barely recall her voice now days or what she looks like" she chuckled a bit, but when Jineza picked up a few of her knickknacks she shifted. "my...grandfather didn't beleive in spoiling me, and told me to earn everything I wanted...so thats what I did..most of this is gifts from friends over the years....oh...that reminds me I need to call my friend tell him where I'm at if anything at leats let his mom know....do you have a phone here?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:41 pm
"Hmm what a coincidence"Tenjin said as he eyed the fox with a somewhat familiar face, as if looking at a past memory before nodding his head "Of course we do."he said reaching into his kimono and pulling out a cell phone tossing it to her "I forget your grandparents don't believe in spoiling you, but they could have at least gotten you a cell phone."Tenjin said shaking his head "Go ahead and call whoever you want. This is your shrine now, you make the rules."he said still smiling "Whenever you are done, you can come find me later, I'm going to go rest now."he said "And again, welcome home."he said giving her a small bow with his head before turning and moving past his guardians who still stood in the doorway
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm
“This requires a special feast.” Giestu Said, “shall I prepare a special favorite of yours Mistress?” He asked her and smiled.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 pm
Koharu would take the phone and nod her head as she looked at him, "um...alright thank you..." she stated as she watched him leave, then looked over towards Giestu "oh well...I don't really have a favorite, cook anything you want im sure it be delicous" she stated. "I'll be right back...I need to call Nazuki"

Stepping from the room she would go and find a more quiet place as she opened the phone looking at it and then began to dial Nazuki's number. Putting it to her ear she stood there waiting till someone picked up "Nazuki....hey its Koharu...I wanted to let you know I well moved tonight...ya i know kinda short notice...anyways I live at that old shrine..the one we thought was abandoned as kids....I'll meet you at the coffee shop before school now, you always wanted to try out their muffins anyways so it works out great right?" she laughed nervously hoping Nazuki wasn't mad at her,a fter all he was her only friend.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:34 am
Orochinagi looked over at Jineza as his long sleeves came up to cover his face again "Oh Jineza, are you upset you aren't going to be Master's pet anymore? Must be hard losing so much favor after being his favorite for over 500 years."he said with a slight hiss in his voice as he spoke "I will admit though, Master chose a looker, the girl's pretty. She will develop into a fine woman for him. With the proper guidance Jineza. Remember, all of our lively hoods are counting on you. You know how empty-headed and in the clouds the Master can be even when he's not sick. You are primarily her guardian now. It's the only reason I slithered back to this stupid place in the first place."

Nazuki blinked a couple of times before laughing "No way that's awesome! I didn't even know that place was for sale, you must have got it on a killer deal. I'm a little upset you didn't ask me to help you move, but yeah meeting up at the coffee shop sounds great!" he said happily "I do have a question for you....when you got this phone, did you have the company change your name? I didn't have this number saved in my phone of course but the contact showed up as "Kami" Did you change your name to God because you live at a shrine now, because that'd be a good joke."he said laughing
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 pm
Jineza glared atbthe snake. “Hold your tongue if you know what’s good for you.” She snapped. “I owe him and that is all. What ever fantasies you have, keep them to yourself.” She said and fully turned to him, “just do as your told till the gathering and when that is done you can slither back into your hole as per usual.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am
Her eye twitched hearing the name Kami, he would pull that sort of stunt as she shook her head “no it’s in the last name of the landlord I’m using his phone...he’s nice and it’s letting me live here so long as I keep up the place so...kind of a nice deal....I’ll have to get a cell phone now too since I don’t live with grandpa...maybe we can do that this week on our day off? You know more about cell phones than I do.” She states as she laughed some.

Sent from Topic'it App
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm
“Oh Jineza, still ever the frisky kitten aren’t you?”Nagi hissed out “You more than owe him. And the rest of us. We haven’t been successful in any of our past attempts. You better get this right Jineza. Or I will strike you down myself and reclaim the top guardian spot.”he stated

“Yeah no problem at all.”Nazuki said “We can get you something that is easy enough for you to work. “Let’s meet up at the coffee shop on monday. I gotta get down to kendo practice now, so I’ll talk to you soon okay? Ja ne”he said said hanging up the phone
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm
“Trust me, you can try and fail as you have before.” She said and started to the pass him, “But once I surpass at the Gathering, I will finally leave this place and you can have the ‘top’ spot all you want. Enjoy it knowing that you could never beat me.” She said and d and left the room.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:17 pm
Koharu smiled a bit as she nodded "thanks Nazkui, don't beat to many of our classmates up" she chuckled as she hung up looking at the cell phone then at the shrine itself. It was strange that this was her home and that she was making so much changes here. However, at the same time she sensed that there was something else "I might just be tired..its not like anything dangerous happens at shrines...and I doubt I'd be ask to do a cleansing or anything like that since I'm not a priestess..." she was now mumbling to herself while walking around looking at her new home and all that it offered. "I wonder if there a normal bath or if its a bath house...god I hope its normal...with regular running water...modern conveniences are so nice..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 pm
"Indeed they are"came the hissing soft voice of Orochinagi as he came down the hall behind her, having walked off after laughing at the laude comments Jineza made *Surpass me and become a God first? Jineza has such dreams of grandeur its pathetic. She will always be the Master's pet, just like this new one* he thought to himself "Do not worry though, everything here is modernized, except for maybe the sacred hot springs the Master privately uses."he said through his sleeve looking over at her sideways "But do not be foolish enough to think nothing dangerous happens at shrines. There is a reason Jineza and I are called guardians you know? Ao and Han are also guardians too when the Master decides to use them the right way instead of shrinking them down to little playthings. We have had a peace placed on us for the last few generations but that magic has run out and demons,oni and spirits alike will be able to set foot on the shrine grounds once again. You came at just the right time."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:26 pm
Koharu turned hearing someone speak, and the hissing voice made her realize who it was as her eyes landed on the strange Orochinagi. The man that seemed to sneer at everything he looked at, she shifted a bit on her feet as she looked at him "well I don't need a sacred hot spring, a normal bath would be fine by me...could you maybe show me were they are?" she asked, perhaps spending just a bit of time with him he'd losen up? Though as he began to explain about just why 'he' was here at the shrine she understood things were far from the normal life she had lead, "just...just what sort of things are going to be happening now? Why now of all times does it have to happen...I mean aren't I just suppose to bring the shrine back to help Tenjin get him back to his normal self again? I'm just some human girl I really don't know what to do here..so any clues would be nice...I promise I won't be a burden I can pull my weight..."

Though deep down she just wanted to run back home, or at least to the one place she felt like things would be fine. That'd be with Nazuki, his family was nice and let her stay as often as she wanted no questions asked, and he was just there for her...even now she knew he was happy she had found a place to live away from her grandfather. *Why can't I just have a normal life...* she wondered as she looked at Orochinagi who was hiding behind his sleeve as she waited for his answer.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:42 pm
“Stupid serpent. One day I will make him chock on that slithering, lying tongue.” She fumed as she made her way through the halls, small scorched marks following behind her. “I will defeat them...just you wait...I’ll fight them all and then I will.....i willl....oh who am I kidding.” She sighed as she finally reached her own room. “I’m going to be trapped here forever.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:19 pm
“What kind of things are going to happen?”Orochinagi asked as he looked at her “Do you not know the history of your last name? And the connection to this particular shrine?”he asked “Perhaps I’ve said too much already. That may be a discussion for you to have with the Master.”he said as he lead her down the hall to where the bathrooms were “If anyone is going to be a burden around here, it’ll be the Master. You’ll understand in due time.”he said

“Trapped hm?”came a familiar voice as Tenjin appeared behind her with a small gust of wind “Is that how you feel Jineza? Is it time for me to finally free you?”he said curiously “I’m pretty sure you were the one who came here with the ambitions to become Kami. If you wanted to leave my services you could just say so. It’ll suck but I can deal with only have Orochinagi as a guardian”he said leaning against her doorway
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Koharu followed him as he lead her to the bath house, she then turned her head to look at him “my grandfather didn’t tell me much so no I don’t know anything if that tells you anything.” It wasn’t like she never wanted to know but it’s was like it pained him to talk about his own family and more importantly her mother. “If Tenjin is the one to ask I’ll find him then...unless you know then please tel me.”
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:27 pm
“I don’t mean it liked that, you know that.” She said and sighed. “I’m just frustrated. I’m failing this shrine and I’m failing you. You are getting sicker....I cannot help but feel to blame for this and I want to die you proud....it’s just I’m feeling trapped by all of that....not you. Never you.” She said and looked at him over her shoulder.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:06 pm
Orochinagi blinked as he lowered his sleeve finally revealing a cute fangy smile "Wait, you really don't know?"he said in slight surprise "This all happened a little less than 20 years ago. Tenjin was known as the most powerful god. The entire sky was his domain. And his shrine was prosperous and the country flourished. However he committed the ultimate taboo. He fell in love with his maiden and together they had a child. The other gods were deceived and decided it best for the mother and child to be killed. However before they were killed Tenjin sacrificed his throne andd much of his magic and managed to save them both but at a steep price. Now he slowly whittles away as the country suffers under the blessings of the new Kami, a greedy god who wants everything to himself no matter what it takes for him to attain it."Orochinagi said "Since that happened, the shrine has been abandoned, but the sacrifice made also ensured us an everlasting peace until the rightful owner of this shrine, which is actually the Seat of Power traditionally held by the current Kami, returns. By divine right, being but a baby, the child of Tenjin has done no wrong as thus retains all titles and birthrights bestowed upon them as does the rightful legitimate succession to the Seat. But now that peace has come to an end."he said looking over at her "Still not putting it together huh? You grew up without a mother and a father right? Strange things always happening around you right? A shrine magically falls in your lap....headed by Tenjin...making some sense now?"

"It's never going to be your fault Jineza. We both knew what could potenitally happen we agreed to do what we did. And now things are finally going to be changing around here. And the Gathering is coming. Now that she's here, and once we explain things to her, we can finally start working towards our goal."Tenjin said with a sigh as he rubbed his eyes "I never meant for it to end up like this when I tried to save you both you know...I'm still really sorry about it. Everytime I think about it...."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 pm
Koharu looked at him as he only seemed to smile and laugh, when he asked she shook her head "no...I really don't whats going on?" she asked, though deep down she was worried to even find out to start but when he began to speak, it was as if she should see the very story he was telling play out before her. Though when he spoke about her never having a mother or father, she gripped her hand tightly and looked to the side some....what he was saying couldn't make since she wasn't the daughter of a god...and her mother wasn't a powerful priestess...it couldn't be, as she looked back at Orochinagi. However, everything he said made since and she shook her head...those strange times things happened, her grandfather always so stern with her when ever something 'happened' he shunned her away from the world as if she was dangerous....she then looked back at him "your....your joking with me aren't you....this...this is just you teasing me cause I'm new to this....like Nazuki does sometimes...."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm
“No Tenjin....we both knew what we were doing. And you sacrificed so much.” She stepped up to him and reached out to him, placing her hand in his. “You did what you could for us....She is alive....She is safe and that’s what matters.” She said
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 pm
Orochinagi’s eyes sharpened and narrowed slightly “what name did you just say?”he said before shaking his head “Nevermind, it’s been a common name since Nazuki became the Kami. Nazuki was the god who betrayed Tenjin. He’s a young god of fortune and his greed caused him to covet the throne.”he said “Anyway, this isn’t a prank. There’s more to it. But I think I’ll let Daddy finish telling you that one”he said as he transformed into a large anaconda and slithered off.

Tenjin smiled saddly “I don’t view it as a sacrifice. I was just doing my duty as a father.”he said as he held her hand “She looks just like you did when you were mortal. It pains me that I cannot follow her outside this shrine. I could not watch her grow up. All I could do was send you or the twins to keep me informed. It’s been hard on all of us. That’s why I’m hoping this year is the year you get chosen at the Gathering and all our problems are solved. But that damn Nazuki is going to catch onto what we are doing sooner or later. Ao and Han have already reported to me that he’s had contact with her.”
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:19 pm
Jineza tensed at his name, “if he touches her I’ll....” she stopped and took a deep breath. “I’ll double the wards on the shrine and someone needs to be with her at the school....just in case.” She said.
“But tenjin....should we tell her?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:31 pm
"Daddy?" She was still a bit confused, there was no way that her father was alive...he died long before she was born at least that's what she was told even Nazuki found the article on her parents death, her mother having died from an illness and her father had just..disappeared they only found a few traces of him and from that the police decided that he was a homicide but without a body..there was just no way to prove it. Koharu would then jump when he turned into a large snake and slithered off making her shiver, her head turning back towards the shrine this was becoming to much and she still had the cell phone from earlier. Biting her lip, she opened it it wasn't to late in the day only about 7...she dialed Nazuki's number again and waited for his voice, "Hey...um..I know your busy at kendo but..." she wondered if she should even tell him, she was scared and confused with so much going on but he was just a human he wouldn't understand, nor would he even believe her what was happening. Oni, spirits, shrines, gods.., her parents...all of this was to much that the longer she stood there the phone against her ear, is when her sobs broke as she dropped to her knees "I'm scared....Nazuki...."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm
Nazuki’s smile twisted upwards into a grin as he listened to Koharu though his voice faked surprise and concern “Koharu? What’s wrong? Why are you scared? You know you can talk to me, is something going on at the shrine? Do you need me to head down there?”

“From the moment she stepped foot through the door, I’ve gone back and forth about that question 1000 times.”Tenjin said before nodding his head ‘I think we should tell her. If we are going to have any success at the Gathering she needs to be completely aware and accepting of her lineage in order to embrace her new position and the magical gifts that come with it.”he said “I just hope she takes the news okay...it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow that’s for sure.”
Sponsored content