The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

The Dragon and the Fox Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dragon and the Fox Part 2

Sun May 28, 2017 10:29 pm
Asura would shrug some she wasn't that tired as she walked with them, "rest doesn't sound horrible, plus it gives us time to get an idea on what the next step should be." she stated glancing some what at her brother, wondering if he should continue to hold onto that orb...she didn't want him to have another reaction to it and startle the others.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:11 am
As the group made it back to the monastery, an early dinner of warm stew and bread made by the monks was being served to them all as the troop took their seats to relax and eat

"So it looks like you guys returned with more than just a rune."Yukine pointed out "That's quite a bit of obsidian you have in those bags, planning on using that dragon glass for something?"she asked curiously while she began eating
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 am
"My old man says the glass can make quite the powerful weapons, have any in mind you would like to use?" Inuyasha asked

-at the palace-

"My lord and lady, I just received a missive from Yukine. The hey had successfully recovered the first of lord Yamis Runes." Miaka said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:28 pm
Asura would shift some as she glanced at the others, "possibly haven't decided yet exatcly what sort of weapon I even want. Akuma and I have always borrowed weapons, at least for me then again when it comes to hand to hand I even beat grandpa Raizen" she stated with a rather proud smile. "beaten the war demon himself..."

Ayame glanced over to Miaka as she would sigh heavily as she nodded, "They should be on their way back then. However....lets keep this to ourselves for now the less others know we are looking for them...the better off we should be."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 am
"Only because he's getting really old"Akuma teased as they ate their food "I think personally I want a spear to use. My grandfather Uryu Yuan was a master of a a spear instead of the sword and I think I want try to do that as well."

"Looking for what exactly?"came a booming voice as Raizen walked into the room hands folded behiind his head "Running some kind of secret we should know about Empress?"he asked seeing Miaka and Sesshoumaru in the room as well as he raised his eyebrow "and where is the monk?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:22 pm
Miaka nodded to her before they all turned to the Oni. "Just a missive from the front lines.nothing that needed to really be shared with the rest of the council." Miaka said and glanced at Sesshoumaru.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 pm
Asura would roll her eyes, “old or not you still can’t land a direct hit on him so what’s that say about you?” she stated quickly back at him, she wasn’t sure what to do for a weapon she had always done hand to hand…her mother didn’t even use a true weapon but a large fan that seemed to act similar to a blade if anything. What sort of weapon would she wield in battle? After all it would be her namesake after…the item that is passed down generations…she was lost in thought as she sat there going over her training lessons from over the years.

Ayame glanced over towards Raizen, her ears twitched somewhat but she would speak calmly after Miaka “as Lady Miaka said milord…what can we assist you with?” she asked as the oni rarely came around unless he wanted something, well unless it was to be with his beloved grandchildren then he had no reason other than to train the twins.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 pm
"I don't fight the same way you do"Akuma said simply brushing off her attempt at an insult "A better way to look at it, with all his overwhelming power, HE hasn't been able to land a hit on me either."he stated before chatting with the others as they finished their meals as time passed "Tomorrow we will head back through the looking glass to the castle and turn in the rune we found, and Totosai can start forging our weapons"

"I just got a report from Yusuke. The angel's intel is solid, they are mounting a fortress on the other side of Raizen's Chasm in a valley that is outside the range of the barrier you put up. It seems they are pulling out all the stops in fortifying their troops, though it doesn't seem like they are mounting a siege or assault, however they have also erected a holy barrier around themselves as well. We believe it will be expanded at some point to push against yours and slowly cause you to put more power into keeping it sound, and drain you further to make sure you do not participate in the upcoming battles. This is truly going to rely on the strength of our armies, not our Queen, to beat these bastards."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm
"No one doubts the strength of the armies, but our Queens support is a great asset and also greatly appreciated." She added, "was their anything else that was mentioned besides their fortress? We can contact Ryoma and see what he and his spy forces can tell us. Perhaps any strategic weakness."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 pm
"So they are attempting to remove me from battle fearing what I can do" Ayame said as she would chuckle and tapped her fingers along the desk some. "a shame really my children are a bit scarier than I can be...just make sure that Akuma isn't far from Asura encase she losses control" she stated as that was her one fear...that her daughter would go on a rampage and the only being able to stop her was her brother.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 am
"Let us stay focused on the task at hand"Sesshoumaru said interrupting them all "Send word to Yusuke to supply us with any more informationhe can and to pass it along to Ryoma directly and let his stealth forces run recon. Whatever their inital goal may be, they are effectively achieving it because you cannot go out to the battlefield Empress."he said

"The dog has a point."Raizen said as he crossed his arms "These damned fairies certainly do know how to wage a proper war. This is getting all the more exciting. Once we have a break with all this council shenanigans I plan on going out to the chasm myself and letting them get a taste of my fists personally"he said with a wicked grin "Yusuke can hold his own but he's just a kid hardly off his mother's tit. I'm tired of sitting around stuffy chambers listening to pompous strategies"he said drawing a crossed looked from Sesshoumaru "And tell that Monk of yours I'd like a word with him when I have a chance. He tends to forget he's still my grandson after all."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:15 am
Miaka remained silent till after the Oni had left. She sighed, "From thrive my imperdenance, but the man is intolerable on occasion." She said, "I worrybhisnbrashnessnwill be trouble for us."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 pm
"Raizen mean's well, he is just not a man of politics" Ayame said as she would look at the maps, listening and trying to judge the course of action. The enemy was making sure she couldn't come out in battle, they feared her but she would tap her finger against the table. They had more than one trick up their sleeves, as she then would look at Sesshoumaru and Maika. "The half angel....she is of Raizen's blood...what if we unsealed her and promised to save the girls mother.....with the twins, your sister Miaka and her....their powers would not only double my own but possibly triple.....it would rip apart lucifers armies all we must do is unseal the angels abilities on the girl" she said simply.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 am
"They are already doing an important mission from Lord Yami and the Dragon Sage" Sesshoumaru said "And while they may be succeeding, there are far more variables to consider. They are not trained to fight in battles such as this, their overwhelming power may spell trouble for our own armies as much as theres should Yukine, Asura or this angel lose control of their powers, which we have all seem them do on at least one occassion each. Unsealing this girls power does not necessarily mean she will willingly do as we command, and if we fail to deliver on the promise of freeing her mother, surely she would turn on us as well. Her loyalty would have to be proven because currently it is thinly veiled amd there is no guarantee that on a battlefield she won't once again side with the angels should the continue to further use her mother as leverage against her and us." Sesshoumaru said "As your Commander, I am advising you that is a risky road to take Empress. Allow them to continue doing Yami's bidding for now"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 pm
"I'm afraid I have to agree with Sesshoumaru in this Your Majesty. Having seen your to children in the arena for only a moment, I already know that they were a force to be reckoned with. As for the Angel, though I can see her powers as an asset, could easily become our undoing." She said and looked down at her hands, "and I would trust my sister with my life, and I have and she has my complete trut....but the splitting of Mizen on the day have her birth has left her magic.....unstable."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:04 pm
Ayame almost wanted to scoff they both sounded like her husband but she would only nod her head, "let us then just monitor the situation...see if we can gain the loyalty of that angel girl" she said simply and would soon move to sit down a faint glimpse that she was under pressure with holding the barrier up before it quickly faded. "if that is all that needs to be discussed I believe I will retire for now."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:00 pm
Sesshoumaru nodded his head "Enjoy your rest" he said as he turned making his way out of the chamber with Miaka only to come into contact with the small troop that left to go hunt runes.

"Hey Sis, we found the first rune!" Yukine said to Miaka as she smiled " Well the twins did, we actually got some training in with the monks, it was really helpful"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:34 pm
"You have all done well. You do us all proud. Especially you your Majeties. For those so young your power is something to never be underestimated." She said and looked to the Angel Sabreil who audibly scoffed. "Not that it will mean anything. Artemis almost lost control. The children BARELY made it out with their lives, let alone the time. The half breed did nothing and the cat....." he said and looked to the younger catdemon, ".....her incesent chatterbis nearly intolerable."
"Forgive us for not accommodating our enemy." Miaka said with a sneer before looking to Artemis, "truly Artemis your cooperation is invaluable and greatly appreciated."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 pm
"if losing control means getting by the abilities that Lucifer himself sealed then by all means Sabriel I'l loss control every time" Artemis stated firmly, she had no love for the angels let alone demons. No one accepted her but her mother, who she only got to see if she completed a mission sometimes covered in blood and her mother would almost cry seeing her child reduce to just a weapon that lucifer could control. "since we are back, and we are before the general of the armies.." she looked at Sesshoumaru, her eyes locked on the golden ones not backing down. "May i have leave to retire to my chambers and remove the grime of the road milord?"

Asura blinked and she almost bit her cheek to keep from laughing, "wow....did we hit your head Artemis...never heard you call another demon such." She stated snickering a bit, "let alone Sesshoumaru or hell our grandfather" since it was known that Artemis was Raizen child though how much that was true was unknown really at the moment.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 am
Sesshoumaru looked amongst the group of them but before he could speak a black shadow snaked by him grabbing the gem that Akuma held as Yami's figure formed as he grinned "I knew that old dragon was responsible for sealing a part of my blade. Those damn humans always meddling in my affairs."he said as he snapped his fingers as a shadowy serpent appeared from the ground as he reached into the snakes mouth pulling out a blade with the handle wrapped in cloth "Kusanagi shall return once again."he said as the rune from the gem seemed to jump from the rock and onto the hilt of the sword as he glowed, burning its glyph before vanishing "Once I have my sword again I'll be able to split open the sky and drag Lucifer down to our domain, where I will then kill him and absorb him back into myself once again."he said tossing the gem back to Akuma "I've never been fond of jade myself. Now hurry up and go find the other runes"he commented knowing about the magical properties that neckless held before he turned and walked off once again

"Well that was.....different....he seems really anxious to get all these runes"Yukine said, her glare at Sabreal having been interrupted as she stood beside her sister

Sesshoumaru regained his composure looking back at the group "You are all dismissed, Dragon Sage Wu is attempting to discover a clue on the whereabouts of the next rune. When we have more information be prepared to head out on your next journey."he said to the group before looking over at Miaka "I do not think the others are aware of Yami's true motives for reclaiming his sword, but the end justifies the means in this case. It is the only way to reach Lucifer himself."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 pm
Miaka eyed her sister who looked to her for a split second during Yamis quick reclaiming of the Rune and thought to back to the night the Twins found it.

* FLASHBACK*
Yukine had carefully and quietly eased her way across the the shared sleeping space to the Twins who slept peacefully after a well earned victory. Having used magic to keep from making a sound or being noticed, she carefully picked up the gem and vanished.
She appeared outside her sisters room. Miaka hadn't yet fallen asleep, waiting for her sister to arrive. After having found the first rune, Yukine had contacted her in secret. She felt her Yukine presence and made to decline out of bed. She had stopped for a moment and looked to her sleeping mate. She sighed sadly and leaned over and kissed his forehead, casting a spell for him to not wake when she left the room. "I'm sorry my love....but this has to be done....for he will try to end us when this over. I hope you can forgive me for this."
She stood and wrapped a robe around her and stepped out of her room to meet Yukine. "Well done Yukine." She said and her sister gave her the Rune. "Miaka....I don't like this...."
"I know sweet one but this must be done. Yami will go back upon his word...I can feel it. Surely so can Mizen."
"Yes....a bit, but....what will father think? The Empress or...Sesshoumaru?"
"Something that will have to wait till later, let us meet Lord sol now and get this back to the Twins before it is too late." she said and they both teleported from then hall and to the Pagida in the main Garden where Sol stood smoking a pipe and looking up into the night sky. "Beautiful isn't it?" He asked with out turning away from his view of the moon.  "Luna's nights ....her moon and her stars....though lovely, cannot match her own..."
"Yes my lord....but..."
"The Rune....yes I know. I felt it's foulness the moment Yukine arrived." He turned to them. "You both take such a greatbrisk in doing this with me. I am greatful."
"It is an honor to serve you Lord Sol. As it was for our ancestors and incarnations before us."  Miaka said and stepped up to him and presented the Rune to him. He sighed. "Let us bedtime with it." He said and held out his hands to it. He conjured a flame in his palms the glowed white and his eyes glowed a similar light. "I beseech the holy light in my own name. Let this spell be passed and brought forth upon my command." He said and the lights began to form fines points and go into the Rune itself that gave a soft glow as Sols magic merged into the Rune as a hidden spell.
"There....it is fine." He sighed as the flames vanished and his eyes went back to their normal Blue. "Again ...I thank for this." he said and took the tune from Miaka and gave it to Yukine." Return this to how you found it and worry no further Young Yukine."
Yukine nodded and looked to her sister before vanishing. "Lord sol....when this betrayal occurred.....protect Yukine for me....please."
Solnturned to Miaka and met her eyes. "I promise."
"She smiled and teleported back to her bed and curled up next to her Mate and dispelled his sleep.

* END FLASHBACK

"Come." Miaka said. "Let's get you all rested and fed."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am
Artemis would glance at Asura and would speak, "those who have at least given me a bit of trust earn at least that much respect." Asura would smirk a bit and glanced at Sesshoumaru some, at least they were getting some where with at least one Angel even if the other one was more or less just a backstabber that was probably going to report everything back to Lucifer if possible, specially with what was happening with Yami. Why they didn't just lock the man up he was more of a nuisance than anything, but it wasn't her call it was her parents or at least the acting general Sesshoumaru. "well since we gotta wait for the old man to tell us about the next one....I got some business with totosai" she stated with a toothy grin and would turn "Akuma you coming?" she called to her twin.

Elsewhere in the castle, Luna walked the halls as she would spot Yami a glint in his eyes that she knew well "when this is over....will you leave peacefully or will you bring darkness to the world?" she asked her black hair blowing around her as her pale blue eyes staired at her own creator.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 pm
Akuma nodded his head towards his sister "Yeah I'm coming"he said adjusting the bag of dragon glass on his back "Well I'll catch you guys later"he said waving to the rest of the group before heading off with his sister to summon the sword master Totosai who promptly appeared at the palace getting a request from the Empress, though it was just the twins "You said this was an emergency from the Empress!"the old man snapped and sighed "But I suppose you are still royalty, what is it that you need?"he asked

As Yukine headed off with Miaka she tugged on her sister's robes having her fall back behind Sesshoumaru "You don't think anyone suspects anything do you? We are doing the right thing right? Yami-sama seems very preoccupied with his sword..."

"Haven't decided yet"Yami said loftily as he looked back over his shoulder at Luna before facing her "Guess it depends on how good of a job these mortals do. My primary concern is absorbing Lucifer again. What happens after that is anyone's guess at this point"he stated "What is it that you want from me my Moonlight? Has the Sunshine I provided for you finally lost his luster? And why must you both care so much about these mortal beings? Plus I was trapped for millennia....I'm rather enjoying my new found freedom, no thanks to you two."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:59 pm
Miaka looked at her sister and shook her head. "No. I don't think they do. But don't worry, I promise that you won't be effected should they discover what's happened." She promised and smiled softly at her.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm
Asura would smirk some as she looked at the older youkai, "oh come off it old man, its not like you hate coming here....besides Lord Taisho is around here some where I'm sure you two can drink yourselves stupid later" she said simply with a wave of her hand, then glanced at her brother. "anyways, we got a proposition....we need weapons...only you can forge from this" she would then move over to her brother helping him open the large satchel of dragon glass they had managed to gather. "think you can create something from this?"

Luna stood there watching him, even as her nickname slid from his lips she still didn't falter before speaking "we had little choice considering what you where trying to do Yami...this world belongs to our children I will not see it destroyed we are gods of creation destruction is not something we should wish of....im not asking for things to be how they were a millina ago I only seek that we all can once again live in peace as the family we once were"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum