The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

The World on the other Side - Page 31 Empty Re: The World on the other Side

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:22 am
Hanako listened to him as she would soon sit down some, all this in the form of a cat while he explained the difficulties being a royal truly was. She knew the life of a royal was no easy thing, after all even in Japan or at least the world she came from those of the royal blood line lived far different lives than she could ever imagine. However, at his words about being a cat she would chuckle some, "Jango...you can't keep becoming a cat just because you personally don't like how things are going...I've been apart of your family for a year now, and yes your world is vastly different from my own...magic and new species just to name a few things that differ....but the politics isn't that much different from my world. Everyone has a piece they have on a giant chess board...each move causes and effect that makes the other pieces have to think about their next step. Some only can move one space at a time while others multiple all just depends."

She leaned back against the chair with her eyes closed, "my world had myths and legends about creatures like elves, fairies, etc.. perhaps in the ancient past our worlds used to be connected sharing the same realm together but then they were split up because of some political game...some piece moved one way causing the rift between our worlds. It's similar in the case of the elves and the fairies...a piece was played that neither can go back on...but we have a chance to change all that to make this world the way Alibaba dreams it could be...I want to make that happen for him...even if I'm just a pawn in the game...even if I am to be killed by the kings hand because of the magic I can use....but if I can help Alibaba see to the world he desires then I'll be fine with that.....if I can stay with you for as long as I can either as your wife or just as a friend...I'll be happy to know that I played a part in making this world were everyone can live..." Hanako knew that peace was not something that would remain forever, that was a fools dream...peace was fake there was always going to be a war some place, a disagreement between two groups...a darkness that lay beneath the surface waiting to emerge.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 pm
‘You really are a dreamer aren’t you?”Jango said as he laughed slightly listening to her “those are some decent goals to have, and you are already doing quite a good job being there for Alibaba.”he said “I suppose everyone has moves to make, but unlike your world, the magic we are dealing with can be devestating. If this is a chess board, it’s important to make sure every move you make has been carefully thought over. Because it’s like playing chess against multiple opponents.”he said “One thing I will say you are wrong though....I can always be a cat.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:37 pm
"well if we have a family you can't turn into a cat..." she stated as she would tap his nose some with a small chuckle, "not all problems are solved with being a cat, but...it does make it easier to take a bath with you" she would reach out snagging him easily as she grinned. "Ali, Jango and I are going to take a bath he still smells like blood"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:35 pm
"Mhmm"Ali said dismissively waving his hand back at them as Jango flailed and then sighed "Fine fine...you're probably right anyway. That was such a rough battle. I know it's a djinn's choice whether or not to get into another contract with the Disciple...but man I really hope we don't have to fight every single one of these things. I don't think I'd make it if you can't fully use your powers. Maybe we should keep the help of Sheera with us full time while we are doing this?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm
She would smile a bit at him carrying him towards the baths as she would run her fingers against his head, "true, we can probably ask her assistance" she said simply as she looked at him, leaning down to kiss the top of his head. "now come on, you need a bath it will help with your injuries too."

She carried him into the bathroom and soon was having a nice hot bath being run for him, adding even some bubbles as she leaned over the tub testing the water her hair hanging over her shoulder as she sighed. "this hair is getting so long..." she muttered to herself.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am
"I really don't want to though. Like I said, we don't exactly get along. But anything to help Alibaba out."Jango said as he transformed back into himself as he eased down into the tub wincing slightly "Oooo yeah, definitely helps, and hurts."he said before finally relaxing in the hot water "I don't think the long hair is a bad thing though, it suits you."he commented as he reached up taking off his eyepatch for the first time in her presence as she finally saw the long deep scar across his closed eye "don't let it freak you out."he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:50 pm
Looking at him she would chuckle as he winched and 'hissed' out in pain as the water soothed over his muscles and the injuries he had sustained as she smiled a bit more, till he brought up her hair. She was about to say something till he pulled his eye patch off and she blinked, she really hadn't seen his eye patch off all this time and she shifted a bit before speaking "what happened?" she asked not wanting to push if he didn't want her to know. "or we could go back to talking about my hair....you said you cut Alibaba's hair so...perhaps you could touch mine up sometime..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:07 pm
"Sure I can give you a touch up. Those split ends could use it."Jango teased before shaking his head "No I don't mind. Remember when I told you Keruan saved my life, and that was the day I became his apprentice. Keruan was still the Captain of the Guard and I was on my way to visit my grandfather in the mountains when the carriage was attacked by some bandits wielding enchanted weapons they had bought from some traveling merchant. The ambush killed everyone except Keruan and I. But he was also the metal djinn wielder and he got all of them but the leader who snuck up behind me and took my while he was busy. He didn't realize I could use magic, though it was weak back then and when I burned his hand he stabbed me in the eye just before Keruan rushed in and killed him. He tried to do what he could with his fairy magics but he's not that type. That day, after seeing his strength, and my own weakness, we trained together. Until my father died and he became the next King.."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm
"hey! your the cause of most of them!" she stated with a small pout as she sighed and sat back as she brushed some of her hair back and she then looked back up as he explained his story, Keruan the king was rather powerful but it would seem even another had managed to get past him but it cost Jango his eye. "He sounds like he was quiet the general back then, but it still cost you your eye...and I don't really see that it it was your own weakness more so in he sense that there was just someone who was a bit stronger...its kinda like what happened when the gate opened. Caught off guard, unaware of what was out there and we paid the price for it...." she moved up as she leaned against the tub and smiled at him, "we learn from the past so we don't repeat it....and you became much stronger for it, and I might add gave you quiet a 'dashing' look" she teased with a smile.

She would then push back, as she gathered up some of the soaps as well as some herbal ointments for his injuries. "if you can lean forward I'll get the injuries on your back....this will sting" she held up the rags. "and don't say 'licking your wounds as a cat works better' cause it doesn't....its gross"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 am
“Well you’re just no fun.”Jango said as he sat forward wincing slightly again as she began rubbing on his back “And it was my own weakness. I was a few years older than Ali is now. And I could use my fire magic...and my illusions. I was just petrified until I finally summoned the courage to burn the dude. I almost cost Keruan his life too. That’s why I swore to never be helpless and defenseless again. It fuels my multi sword technique. I can attack and defend at all times. The ultimate sword and shield.”he said “I worked tirelessly to perfect the form. It’s an ancient elven style but fairies have a form of it too and Keruan helped me master both”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 pm
She chuckled some at him as she would put the ointment on, making sure each wound was well cleaned before she would put the healing solutions on, she looked at him over his shoulder while her fingers worked against his skin and she then gently moved his hair aside as she picked up a sponge and squeezed water on one of the wounds. "well either way, what ever weakness or past that got me to meet you...I'm happy for" she said smiling looking at him again. "you and Ali both helped me become stronger, I never thought I could wield magic let alone live rather happily traveling around in an unknown land...its enjoyable I owe you both my life and the happiness in it"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 pm
"You know...now that I think about it. Out of all the humans that came over to our side, and all of our people who died fighting on your side and were taken, you are the only one to be successful. I mean you got put into the royal family, that's a pretty lucky break. But the luckiest thing of all was you having magic. So far, even after a year of being open, no other reports of humans having access to magic have been brought up besides yours." Jango stated "What if the gate only opened to finally send you back onto this side so your magic could awaken?"he said looking back at her "What if here was where you were supposed to be all along?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 pm
Hanako stared at him, what he was saying was almost out of a movie script of sorts. Her head shook “wait....what your saying makes it sound like that the gate opened only for me to come here....like me being from Japan was not suppose to happen....I mean listen to what your saying Jango...if I was suppose to be from this side of the gate, then where my parents not my parents?” She asked.

Then what if her magic, she had that connection to the dark arts far easier than most and with it being banned and if used meant death..”it’s....” She was at a loss for words as she stared at him all sorts of questions now began to fill her head. “What about my connection to the dark Magic’s.....if I’m really suppose to have been on this side of the gate...wouldn’t then I’d be a key for....” She didn’t want to say it as she could almost fell the Kings sword against her throat and his warning echoing in her ears.

Sent from Topic'it App
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am
“I’m not a scholar....but it’s possible.”Jango said with a shrug “you said that Keruan mentioned Norunde the wizard? What if you were supposed to be born on this side but because of Barcyl’s magic you ended up in Japan in order to thwart whatever plan Norunde had, but then the cycle of the gate opened again and it sent you back here, putting his plan into action.....I mean.....it’s not outside of the realm of possibility. Or what if he planned for you to be born in Japan all along. Say he has knowledge of the Gate the rest of us don’t......there are a lot of possibilities out there.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:04 pm
"but if Norunde did plan this...and I am apart of it without my knowing wouldn't...wouldn't it be bad to keep me around then Jango? What if Norunde uses me and I end up hurting you and Ali..." she stated now worried, she didn't want to be the reason they got hurt, the reason that all that had been worked for was in shambles. "i....i just want to be able to live with you both...."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:33 pm
"Hey, hey relax. There is no saying that is actually what is going on here."Jango said "I'm just picking at straws looking for answers just like the rest of us. And even if it was part of his plan, it's too late because it already happened. And you already told me about the darkness you are still seeing and the King knows about it. We won't let him kill you, but if it turns out that it is the Dark Wizard then we will look for ways to stop his plan without you getting executed by the kingdom."he said sternly "It's as simple as that."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 pm
She shifted a bit staring at him over his shoulder before taking a deep breath, "your right...sorry..." she was over thinking everything, if she was just a pawn in that evil wizards game then he would have used her already. Nothing had happened and the darkness she saw and 'used' hadn't gotten wild on her, she would look back up at him and then leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Thank you Jango....now lets finish cleaning these wounds." she stated as he would feel her press the herb soaked rag against one of the deeper cuts, and it would sting rather bad. "this ones deep...i may have to stitch this one"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 pm
Jango grunted lightly as he leaned against the edge of the tub as she worked on him “Man I hate needles, just don’t let me see you do it. How’d you learn how to stitch?”he asked curiously “Were you a nurse or something before?”he asked curiously as he looked back at her wincing again “Man that hurts.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 am
“No but I did learn a few tricks from my father when I was little.” She states as she saw him flinch as she cleaned out the wound, making sure no puss or anything else would be inside. “I guess you could say he took survival skills to heart he wanted to make sure that if I was on my own or stuck on a road by myself I at least know how to take care of myself. Stitching was easy, I namely used it on clothing or tents but same principle applies for this.”

As she was talking she had found the first aid kit or at least one she made that had the essentials, finding the needle she would form a small flame heating the end up while reading the thread. “Back home we could numb the area I can get you some wine to at least take the edge off.”

Sent from Topic'it App
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 am
"Nah just go for it, this isn't the first time I've been stitched up."Jango said as he sighed "I guess today is story day, It's only fitting I guess considering we are going to be together."he said as he laid his tub on the edge as he snapped his fingers as his pipe appeared as he lit it using his finger taking a deep puff "Besides, aint just tobacco I smoke out of here."he said taking another drag "But as I was saying"he said wincing as he was pricked by her again "My training under Keruan to replace him as Captain of the Knights....was brutal. But it was the exact same training every Captain has to endure. At the end of it all, each Captai-select has to survive a malicious onslaught by the previous captain while delivering a precious object from one town to another over the course of three days. It's like a Rite of passage. Well let's just say I'm lucky I barely survived. Keruan is a tough dude. Especially with the Metal Djinn. Venus has some abilities you've yet to even tap into yet."he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 pm
"Well its good isn't? As you said we are going to get married at some point...and besides I've lived with you guys for a whole year and you've never asked." she said simply as she would work on closing his wound. His back flexing each time, as she gently pressed her hand against his back "don't move to much on me...I'd like to do this in as few stitches as I can". She let him distract himself with telling his story on his training with the king, the trial sounded almost impossible though it did at least explain some of his own skills as to how he was able to stay standing even after a massive beating. Though when he brought up Venus she looked at him, "Ali said her changing into a scythe was something the king had happen several times as well...she changes into what ever weapon I need at the time, but what other abilities can a Dijinn do exactly?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm
"The djinn can do a lot actually. So I remember when I was little, when my mother renewed her contacts with djinn that are now expiring and we had all the vessels here in the palace. The djinn not only are strong enough to control the natural weather phenomena in the immediate area when they are released, but they become a second partner on the battlefield. Those who are strong enough can actually fully summon their djinn to fight beside them. But what I mean by djinn can do a lot, for example is take Venus again. She is the metal djinn, so she can become any weapon....but do you think that's all she can become? I've seen her turn into a wagon, a bridge, a cage and a fortress before when I was a kid. She morphs into anything that could possibly be made out of metal. Mars is the fire djinn, but there is more than just pure flame, light, heat, lava, smoke, ashes all fall under his domain. Neptune is the ice djinn we are going to next and she has water, lightning, ice, snow and most of the weather elements under her control. It really kinda depends on the strength of whose using it."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:28 pm
"I see...that does sound really impressive..." She stated rather stunned to learn that about Venus, she probably needed to talk to the women more often just ask her about things, it probably help her in the long run and also maybe help Ali and Jango as well if she knew just what she was doing. "though...Venus's isn't like the other Dijins...after all Ali just gave her ot me, there was no contract needed to be formed like with you and the fire dijnn"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 pm
“You’re right. Venus is different. Only because she’s fiercely loyal to the Disciple. The metal djinn is supposed to be the bane to the other elemental djinn. Metal strong enough to withstand fire, water, sky and earth. That is why traditionally the metal djinn is given to the Disciples main guardian not only to protect the Disciple from others, but to protect the Disciple from the other djinn as well.”

“Because Venus was Barcyl’s wife. When Barcyl created the djinn and the first contracts before he drove Norunde out and used the djinn to create the barrier, Venus gave her life in the only Eternal Contract ever formed. While each new generation of Disciple must form their own contracts with the djinn, Venus’s contract will never expire as long as a new Disciple is born during the life of the previous one.”Alibaba stated from outside the bathroom door “Just wanted to let you know we are stopping for the night. Gotta let the magic recharge.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Hanako turned when she heard Ali's voice and she smiled a bit, realizing they had been in the bathroom this whole time as she nodded looking back at Jango. "I finished stiching you up, relax till the soreness goes away" she smiled and pushed herself up, opening the door as she looked at Ali. "once he's done you should take a bath to Ali, then off to bed" since they had already eaten their dinner. "As for Venus it would explain quiet a bit, she is rather motherly....once we get to your sisters I may train with her while you guys handle the water dijin not sure how much help I'll be....I should practice a bit more on controlling the black magic I have first before a real fight"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum