The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 15 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 am
"Plus its a good reminder that even when he wont be able to help, we are guardians of Kami. Jineza, myself, Orochinagi, we are all sworn guardians of our kami. We give gudiance and advice as well as our allegiance and protection. We wont let you stumble and fall. Not for as long as you're his child"Gale told Koharu looking down at her "Never forget you have a whole team to support you"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:46 pm
She knew they had a point though it was still a hard thing to swallow that instead of it being her best friend draining her father of his very life....it was her. Every day she grew stronger and he was one day closer to forgetting them. A soft sigh left her lips, it hurt and all she wanted to do was just close her eyes and pretend like all of this was just a horrible dream and she would wake up back in her grandfather's house staring at the same ceiling and just going about her every day life. Even as Gale spoke how they all where there to help her, it still didn't settle the rock in her stomach as she then looked back at them.

"Alright...so whats the next step?" she asked all she could do...was take each day as a blessing...that she had it with her family.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 pm
"Well you keep practicing how to harness that feeling and channeling it into your magic."Gale said "You've got natural talent, but the technique is unrefined. Once you master how to freely summon your elements then we will get on how to actually slay demons and fighting other people."he stated "So for now just keep going until you run out of energy....actually do gods run out of energy?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am
"Thats a good question....not really sure...I mean gods are...endless right?" she asked still not exatcly sure what or how she was going to control all this energy but it was just one way to do it. She sighed shaking her head, before she would nod her head "we still have much to do as you said...so lets do this" she smiled. Several hours would go by as Koharu had various different drills more or less 'beaten' into her by both her mother and Gale. She was taught how to reach deep to gain the energy she needed to envoke different abilities it wasn't easy and soon as the sun set Koharu stumbled to her hands and feet breathing heavily, sweat dripping from her chin as she gasped though gods had endless energy it seemed she didn't. And she just spent the last few hours being drilled by a monk "how....how did you survive this as a kid Gale? t....this is insaine!" Koharu stated between gasps.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 am
"Well when you hit rock bottom and God cradles you in his arms, you got nowhere to go but up" Gale said shaking his head "I give it to you though, you're still conscious. I would have already been pushing past my limit by this point" he told her "You're definitely supposed to inherit Kami's strength alright"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 pm
“I think that’s a good spot to end for today.” Jineza said and stood, giving her tea cup back to Gietsu who had brought it to her while she observed, and called out, from the side lines. “And gods do tire. They are immortal and quite powerful, but that amount of power comes at a cost. To channel it, you exert a lot of energy.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 pm
Koharu body felt heavy as she felt her muscles straining to just even hold herself up, though she slowly pushed herself back to her feet her hair hanging over her shoulder as strands stuck to her face. "Rock bottom huh....well I'd say I havn't fallen that far yet unless for some reason or another I lose all of you then...I'd probably lose it"

Koharu would then look back towards her mother as she was rather glad that the training had ended, she felt numb. "Well thats me right now....Tired" she said laughing a bit, "im going to go take a nice hot bath before my legs decide they dont want to work anymore"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am
"Yeah go for it. You did a good job" Gale said as he walked over grabbing his gourd taking a deep drink "I'm gonna go take a long walk, I got some reflecting to do"he said waving his hand behind to them as he walked off
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:29 am
‘Reflect hmm?’ Thought to herself and looked to Geordi who silently understood and followed after the young monk. Sometimes reflecting needed a kind war to bend.
“Come. I know a wonderful herbal remedy to help with tired muscles that should have you feeling better soon.” Jineza said and smiled at Koharu as they made their way back to the house.

Geitsu caught up with Gale and smiled up at him, “what’s troubling you young master? You seem at odds.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:10 pm
Koharu would take her help with a smile "Thanks...I could really use any and all of that" she laughed slightly and moved forward with her mothers help. "Was training...this hard for you? Though..I'm not sure if you had to train like a monk when you did this."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 pm
Gale stopped walking as he looked down at the small, old man and sighed "I'm just confused about everything. All of this is just....different. and I need to have faith in Koharu...even if she chooses to do something I dont agree with...and her connection to Nazuki...despite everything Ebisu is going to tear this place...her family apart....it bothers me."he said
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:24 am
“Yes and no. I was in training longer then you were since I was left here as a baby. But I didn’t begin the more physical part of my training till I was older. Before that it was more meditation and prayer.”

“And none of this has anything to do with your prophecy does it?” The old spirit asked with a knowing look.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:15 pm
"I see...so things where different for you..." she stated and would shift, Jineza was like Gale left at the temple this was their whole life...it's what they knew and what they cared most dear for. She would shake those thoughts from her head, this was her home now...she was born into it even if her grandparent's didn' want her involved two people who had once been so devoted to the shrine...watched their adopted child fall for what was suppose to be taboo and then pay the price for it. "So what sort of herbal tea do you have in mind?" Koharu asked trying to not let her emotions show and for now focus only on the moment not the past.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 pm
Gale made a face "Dont play dumb with me you damn old man"he grumbled "You know this has to do about the prophecy...it's supposed to be everything...I just didnt expect her to be so....I dont know the word Im looking for.."he sighed shaking his head
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:38 pm
“It’s not a typical tea for drinking. It’s an herbal remedy to soak in. Hear I’ll show you.” She said once they reached the bathhouse. There was already a warm bath drawn with steam still rising from it, a tray with an assortment of jars with a mortar and pestle and a note from Tenjin and geitsu. ‘Thought these would come in handy.’

She smiled and shook her head and had Koharu day down and she showed he the ingredients and portions she used with a promise to right it down for her all later. “You did well today. I’m very proud of you.@ she said softly. “But you got upset when I mentioned my being left here. Don’t think I didn’t notice...” she said and looked up at Koharu briefly. “Don’t be sad. If anything I could say it was one of the only two kindness my parents could have done for me. I was able to grow and live your father, have you. The other kindness was that they took you in and kept you safe till you were ready. I don’t approve of their cold behavior toward you, but they gave you a place to live and fed you, kept you safe. For that I am grateful.” She said as she crushed the herbs together. “Though yes. I was angry for them abandoning me. Angry that they were selfish in a way. Sad that they had no issue with leaving me here. Isn’t want me or that to keep from being punished too greatly, they left me here to pay their debt.” She finished with a sigh and looked up to Koharu. “I never wanted you to feel that way. That you were just left behind. I wanted you to be raised here with all the love you were due. Maybe I thought it was easier if you thought we died. You wouldn’t grow up as sad as I did.”

— — —

“That she’s unexpected? Unpredictable?” He asked and eyes the monk carefully, “perfect? Pretty?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 pm
Koharu would undress herself before she would ease herself into the water with a deep breath, the hot water felt nice on her skin and she turned to watch as her mother grindded the herbs up creating the powder. Though as she watched her mother she soon was looking up slightly as she brought up her parents, she shifted some but would speak "We wont know....considering I'm here with you guys now" she gave her a warm smile. "as for that remedy it does smell pretty good."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am
"Shut up, shut up"Gale said scratching his jead "I definitely wouldnt say perfect that's for sure. She's definitely unpredictable, that's what's scary. I've only been following her around for like two days and it's already crazy shit going on all around us. Is this what I have to expect going forward? This is not gonna be an easy job"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm
“Those worth doing never are my boy.” He said and floated up to meet his gaze eye to eye. “This path you face is bumpy and hard and have unknown dangers around the bends......it’s may not be easy, won’t be fun.....but it’s how you handle those challenges that will form your future and shape who you were meant to be.” He said and gently tapped the monk on the forehead sigh his cane.

“Yes...the aroma I find is very relaxing.” She said and scooped up some of the water and pours the powder into the container, gave is swirl and then poured it into the bath. The aroma began to fill the bath house and the water took on a cloudy color.”
“There you are. Now just soak for a while and relax.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 am
Koharu would sigh heavily as she felt the soothing herbs wrapping aorund her once it entered the water, the smell alone was enough to make her want ot just melt into it as she smiled. "mm this feels nice..." she stated as she laid there enjoying it, feeling her muscles losening and no longer pulsing in pain. Her eyes opened slowly as she looked up at the ceiling watching the steam hitting against the wood. She then looked back towards her and would speak "YOu know you could join me....I could even let you brush my hair" she stated with a small smile towards her.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm
Gale's hands went to cover the bump that formed on his head as he glared at Gietsu "Ow, yeah I get that old man" he said letting out a sigh looking back towards the temple "I just hope I can live up to my destiny and keep her safe until the time comes....my work is definitely cut out for me with this one...but why Tenjin's daughter? Why couldnt it be some other Gods?"he questioned with another sigh
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm
“Because no other gods would handle you.” He said and chuckled and went back to stand beside the young monk.

“Sure.” She said and smiled softly before undressing and slipped into the water. After also tying her hair into a bun over her head. “You have such lovely hair.” She said and grabbed a brush from near by
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 pm
She closed her eyes feeling the brush running through her hair, it was nice to feel that as she sighed heavily before she glanced back towards her with a small smile. "I'm fairly sure its cause of you, or the oils that I use" she teased some as she sat there. "When I was little I always had this thing with two Disney princess's Ariel and Pocahontas....how their hair just seemed to flow and look so soft so..Kinda wanted to have hair like them" she laughed a bit. "silly right?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:47 am
"Now that's just mean" Gale snapped back at him before sighing again in defeat "You're right though. I couldn't have asked to be saved by a better kami though. I wouldn't be the fearless warrior I am today qithout him and his teachings and lessons"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:43 pm
“I’d say endearing.” She said with a light chuckle. “And that is say your hair is the closest thing to that softness.” She said as she gently ran the brush through her hair.

“Truth hurt my young friend.” He said as they ventured the path. “You were such a troublemaome youth as well....practically had to chase you down the halls to get you to those lessons.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 am
She smiled a bit glancing back at her, feeling her fingers and the hair running through her hair. "Well both dealt with wind and water...so me being a sky goddess guess it works out right?" she stated. Looking back at the water as she felt the herbs still relaxing her sore body. "sometimes I think this is all a dream....and I'll wake up back to how things where....not that I'm saying my old life wasn't bad....but here....its like I can breath and with you all here....its home."
Sponsored content