The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 9 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 am
"He's the Kami" she stated as she shifted there looking at her hands, picking her nails slightly. "Nazuki....defeated him in a sense only because of me...I was born between two beings that shouldn't have gotten together and the result basically is almost an apocalyptic situation...." she stated trying not to sound to dramatic but deep down she really was scared about it all, even if she was trying to put on a face. "So they...kinda told me about it" she said with a small laugh as she looked at him.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 am
"Okay cool, you got the gist of it. But there's one important thing. The reason for the apocalyptic situation. Tenjin was the son of the original Kami that created it all. Tenjin was sent to rule over man, and his big blue barrier is what keeps out the demons in the other world from ours. Im sure recentpy you've noticed more and more little demons here and there. That all started once Tenjin's strength started declining. The sky falling is a name given for the day the barrier rips and demons truly flood our world. That is Ebisu's true goal. He is a god that floats between the Heavens and the underworld. He wants to hold dominion over all creation. That is his greed." Gale explained to her "So Im here to protect you, while you and Ebisu gain the Kami's powers and he is reborn"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm
She listened to him nodding her head every so often, she knew Tenjin was the son to the original kami and was more or less the sky god. Though she had no idea that he was also keeping a barrier around them to protect the world from the demons. She shuddered some remembering the one that had almost gotten her, but as he finished she would speak. “I wasn’t born in this world did they tell you that?” She asked as she turned her head “so how am I any different? What exactly can I do to even help them? Let alone keep the only person who iv known and trusted from destroying it all.....You all see an evil side to him....but....I know a side you all don’t about Nazuki....he really is kind and he cares about me....”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm
Gale nodded his head "I completely understand where you're coming from. Personally I dont know the guy so I have no biases against him, but I know what my job is, and I know what kind of energy I sense and it makes me uncomfortable. But I think you should ask yourself, is he just close to you because you have the other half of the power he is trying to steal from your father? Tenjin told me in his letter that you're gonna learn from Jineza and he's gonna pass everything along to you that he can so that when the sky falls and Nazuki takes control we can we can restore the barrier and return things to normal. At least thats what his "grand master super secret plan" was anyway in his letter" he said pulling out a scroll from his school jacket and handing it to her where Tenjins goofy kanji and pictures could be seen all over the place "While its really childish, the serious nature of the message is coded in there. Typical Tenjin fashion."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 pm
Koharu would sit there when he said that, she couldn't help but almost feel completely crushed that she was just....a tool as she would look at the scroll but she could see her 'fathers' rather cooky nature. Slowly she would stand up grabbing her bag "Thank you....for the little bit of information" she stated softly. "I have some activities to do before going home....."

Before he could say anything to her she left the classroom trying hard not to start crying, it hurt just like before when she was being told all of this at once and all she could do was call out to Nazuki...but now she just had a huge knot in her throat keeping even sobs from escaping as she held onto her bag tightly. She understood all of this was really important, that the fall of Tenjin would be devastating to the world, and everything that lived within it...that if Nazuki really was just here to create chaos and sow greed and misfortune....he'd succeed by making her betray the people that called her family....even if she had no real ties towards them but blood...."am I just a tool..." she whispered to herself as she kept walking. Though as she did the sky above the school started to get dark as if something was calling to it and the sound of thunder could almost be heard rolling in following the path she walked.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:52 pm
Keeping his distance but tailing her was Gale, as it was his job to keep her safe. Though as the sky darkened he couldnt help but get a slight chill *Is this her doing?*he thought to himself

Tenjin looked up from his tea and cookies as the sky had grown dark over a portion of the city as he opened his eyes "I didnt call for any rain today... Has she begun to awaken her powers? Or is Ebisu plotting again? Well whatever it is I'm sure Gale can handle it'he said taking a sip of his tea "I hope"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 am
Jineza looked up from her work and went to the courtyard to find Tenjin after spotting the cloud. “Should I go make sure she is alright?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm
Koharu would only continue walking her mind racing with different thoughts all centered on what was happening, her parents, her best friend....the fate of the world...herself...it was all just overwhelming that as the more she thought about it the darker the sky became and soon the wind was picking up. A few people where moving to the windows looking out at the sky at the strangeness of the storm, after all the weather called for a simple rather sunny day with mild winds not....a full blown storm.

As she kept walking through the halls heading towards the library, "I just.....I shouldn't...." she whispered softly muttering to herself. "I'm just me...." the faint sound of thunder growing louder as even a few streaks of lightning could be seen rippling through the dark clouds.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm
"Hmmm Gale and Orochinagi are both with her......"Tenjin started before pausing "Yeah, perhaps you should go snd supervise them...it is their first time together...and their first time away from the shrine....Im hoping they arent the reason this is suddenly happening" he fretted

Gale decided to stop hiding as he then called out "Koharu" as he ran to catch up to her panting slightly "Hey, I dont think our convo ended on the right foot based on what you did."he said pointing up at the now darkened sky above their head "The news said it was supposed to be warm and sunny, like your mood
"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:19 pm
She nodded and conjured her nimbus and flew off while Gietsu stood watching her leave. “I heard her speaking to you earlier Master. Forgive an old fool for listening in.” He started as he turned to Tenjin. “But....how are you? Other then physically I mean.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 pm
Koharu would turn to look back at Gale as he spoke, she wasn't even sure what he was talking about till he told her to look up. The sky was almost black and she blinked a few times, as she then looked back at him. HIs question struck her off guard and she bit her lip some, not wanting to answer that yes their conversation had struck a raw nerve. She bit her lip and then turned to look back at him "No...I suppose not...just...this is a lot to take in..." she whispered the sky still darkening and she shook her head.

"I don't understand much what is going on, gods.....this...battle.....Nazuki....I..." she looked up at the sky as he said her mood had caused this weather, "How did I even cause this?....why me to even start with..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 pm
Tenjin gave Gietsu a sad smile "You're a wise old coot ya know that? You always could see through anything. I'm fine I just...I don't know. I am the Sky God. I am Tenjin, I represent the Sky and the Heavens. I am older than my sister Amaterasu the Divine Sungoddess, older than my brothers Tsukiyomi the Moon and Susanoo the Sea and Storms. Older than Gods of war, fortune, luck, you name it. After my father Izanagi in Heaven and my mother Izanami in Hell I am the only thing that protects the denizens of the spirit and demon worlds from terrorizing the planet. Yet I have lived an existence as vast and vapid as the sky itself...and just as empty. Century after century of feeling nothing...and then, just once, when I finally began to fill that emptiness....well it was determined that it just wasn't meant to be. So my duty prevails after all as Kami....being a god...can be quite a meaningless existence." He said looking over at him "And I'm afraid I've put an immense amount of pressure on a daughter I hardly even get a chance to know. Every day she grows stronger I get a step closer to my inevitable rebirth...and there's no telling if I'm going to remember any of this when I die. I have lived for millions of years since the last time I was reborn and we lost the dinosaurs...and Im going to lose my memories of every single moment of that time, but most importantly my family. I'll be reborn right back to you all, right here in this shrine...and I may not remember a single one of you...including my own daughter..." he said as a tear slide diwn his eye finally "It is a painful thought to bear"

"Ya know, I was just a kid when I was at the shrine ladt but I want to tell you something. I think you're a victim in all this as much as anyone else."Gale said blushing a bit scratching the back of his head "Well its just, I dont think its fair ya know? Like you didnt ask to be born into the life you were, you were just an innocent baby and they were ready to condemn your parents...just because they loved each other. It made me only devout myself to the Sky Monastery and the priests and monks there. Your parents were so in love with each other back then and this shrine flourished with life and blessings and prosperity. And they loved you so much...they loved us both...Tenjin knew that other gods would try to betray him and he sent me away from my safety though he wont admit it. And that's why I think he wants to get closer to you too. But it also comes with this destiny because of the uniqueness of your birth. I mean he is kinda dying and everything and would probably like to know his daughter with the time he has left--"he said and paused "I think, before getting upset over his silly scribbles and coded messages, you should have a face to face chat with your parents."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:06 pm
“Koharu.” Jineza called, landing beside her daughter and gale. “Is everything alright?” She asked with a concerned expression

Gietsu didn’t know what to say. The fact that his mistress had not only lost her life and her humanity, but she would lose her lover and father her child was sad enough...but his master would lose his memory of their time together. Forget the child they had together....it was too upsetting to truly comprehend. His ears folded back and he placed a comforting paw in Tenjins arm. “Is there truly no other way to stop all of this?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm
She was doing everything she could not to just start shaking, or feeling the rush of tears on the brink of escaping. Her skin tingled with the change in the weather but she was just doing what she could to calm herself down. As Gale spoke she could hear the 'truth' in his words, she was as much as a victim but she couldn't continue to play as one....so much was at stake. When he said that Tenjin would want to know her she would go to say something but when she heard Jineza she turned some looking towards her mother and would nod, "oh um yes....I..just had a lot to think on you know exams and everything..." she said raising her hand to brush her hair from her face, the wind starting to some what calm down and she looked at Gale giving him the look of 'don't say anything....'

"I...Gale was just going to help me clear my head since...the skys suppose to be well not this.." she laughed nervously, "right Gale?....any pointers?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:38 am
"Huh..oh right" Gale said scratching the back of his head "Deep breathing and happy thoughts are the way to a peaceful life" he said quoting an old proverb on a scroll at the monastery making everyone laugh "I'm sure you'll pass those "exams" though, there isn't a test you cant handle" he said giving her a thumbs up and a wink behind Jineza's back "I'm gonna get back to the shrine, Jinny you can walk her back right? I havent been home since I was a brat in diapers, I wanna take in the city" he said as he began walking
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 am
“You seem to forget I hate being called Jinny.” She said more playful then serious and sighed. “Well I’m glad you’re alright. I saw the storm clouds and thought you were in trouble.” She said as the sky’s had cleared. “You sure you’re alright?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 pm
Koharu would nod her head as she looked towards her mother, "I'm fine I promise....I wouldn't mind though....to um...spend a bit more time with you and....dad....outside of the training and all that." she stated as she raised her hand to brush her hair from her face. "since...that's what families do.."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:04 pm
“Oh.” Jineza Said, feeling touched. “I’m....I’m flattered Koharu. I thought....maybe with everything as it was...you would want little to do with us.” She said as other students began to pool out of the school. Jineza’s appearance transformed to that of a human version of her self. Her fire red hair turned to a softer version of it self and her cat ears gave way to human ones and her elaborate Kimono was replaced with a plain white spring dress and pink cardigan. The dress was adorned with with tiny cats and paw prints and was completed with a pair of plain black flats. “Were you ready to go? We can go somewhere if you would like before we went back to the shrine...”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 pm
Koharu would smile some "I would like that...i mean I always kinda wanted to do a mother daughter thing.....and as a kid I always dreamed of going to one of those father daughter dances..." she stated shifting some looking up at her, "its the normal thing right?" she couldn't help but laugh a bit and brushed her hair from her face just as the other students started to come out and then she nodded. "ya...though we should probably leave the normal way...other wise the others will think its weird."

The two ladies would leave the school without the other students thinking anything different, and it wasn't long before Koharu showed her mother the way to the local market. "I know its not the mall or anything....but its not to far from the shrine, and the cloths here are super cute and cheep maybe you can find something for dad?" she teased with a small laugh.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:46 am
“Oh no. This is great. I was never good for things like the mall or anything like that. Even when I was in school, I didn’t go to many functions or gatherings at the mall or things like that.” She saidand they walked into the market. “Never really like crowds. I liked going to a place that was quite to read. “ she said and looked around the stalls and shops. “What about you? What kind of things do you like doing?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm
"well.....I enjoy going to the arcades with Nazuki.....he loved it it was always funny to watch him lose a game though he'd get so mad." she laughed with a smile glancing back at her mother with a warmer smile. "and I like doing these sorts of things, markets like this aren't as popular so there's not a lot of people plus the food....I love to cook. Grandpa always had me cook dnner for him when I had time, maybe I can....cook for you and dad some day?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:46 pm
“Is like that.” She said and smiled warmly. “Your grandparents......did they treat you well?” She asked
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 pm
She looked back at her as she would nod "Ya....they were really sweet....well grandpa was always ready to be the good parent..." she stated laughing a bit, "grandma at times could be really stern....but she died when I was 10 so grandpa was the main one there for me..." she turned to look back at her, "she went peaceful though so you don't have to worry about her having suffered or anything...."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm
“....I see.” She said softly. “...not intending to sound cruel....but I honestly never gave them much thought after having been abandoned at the shrine. I couldn’t miss something I never had....or at least that’s what I always told myself. But the more Tenjin ....did for me, when I discovered I was pregnant with you.....I suddenly began wondering about them.....I wanted them to at least know about you.... if I hadn’t gotten the chance till after you were born and had to leave you with them....” she sighed and turned back to Koharu. “Sorry....didn’t mean to sound so depressing....”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:24 am
Koharu shook her head, "no its ok....i mean this is what families do...at least I think." she stated with a small laugh before reaching out and taking her hand gently. "for now lets just walk, sometimes its nice to just window shop...and maybe we can find something to take back to the others that they'd like...since dad doesn't get out much we should bring a bit of the world to him you know?"

The two continued to walk around the shops, looking over each place and finding different things to laugh about or even talk. Koharu was soon even putting on outfits that Jinzea picked out "Ok...at least I know you have taste....those miko outfits made me worry there mom" she laughed as she spun in a bright yellow sun dress. "what you think?...to...kiddish?...think Nazuki would like it?" she asked forgetting for a moment who Nazuki really was and some what revealing....Koharu's secret...she liked Nazuki far more than just as a friend.
Sponsored content