The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

The World on the other Side - Page 12 Empty Re: The World on the other Side

Tue May 31, 2016 6:59 pm
"You're just jealous because I gave you assignments to do aren't you?"Alibaba said with a sneering grin "Yes I will learn japanese on top of the ten thousand other things I have to do, but in the meantime both of our magics will be used for translation"he smiled "And you should keep reading, you may be a natural talent for magic but you have a long way to go up that curve."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm
"Hai hai Alibaba-sama" she said fully in Japanese as she smirked at him, and she chuckled a bit "If I really wanted to, I could make you learn the traditional style over the modern." though for now she would just go back to reading, a warm smile on her lips as she sat there enjoying this. It was almost like back at home with her little brother next to her, as she did she started to hum softly and reached out finding some paper and quill as she started to write herself some notes, finding it rather easy after all her grandmother taught her to write both with a brush and an ink...ink drawings where her favorite.

"Ali...you think sometime we can get some larger pieces of parchment and ink? I used to love doing ink drawings, maybe even some water colors...the landscapes here are beautiful and I'd love to try and draw them out."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 pm
"Of course, I would love to see your work, but you don't have to go get them, just make them larger yourself." Alibaba said as he raised his hand as a piece of parchment floated up "Earth is usually considered large, expansive. So taking your Earth mana and manipulating it through the paper causes..."he said as the parchment suddenly grew in size into a large wholesome piece "Growth. Titan is actually my preferred fighting style, but Jango wants me to learn variety. Titan fighting is the use of using earth and fairy magic to grow to expandable sizes with the strength to match and punish those to defy Barcyl, shall I give you a demonstration?"he asked as his arm suddenly shot across the room and grew almost 5 times in strength,size and muscle before shrinking back down to it's regular size at his side grinning
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue May 31, 2016 11:29 pm
She watched him with shock as both the paper grew and when he showed her his arm, she just blinked in shock. Then spoke "t...that...what in the world!" was all she could say as his arm she still couldn't wrap her head around it, as she then would go back to reading. "I...I'm going to go back to reading" she stated as she still couldn't believe what she had seen.

The two of them would continue to study for several hours, and she would soon stretch out her arms with a small yawn then would then feel her stomach growl slightly as she sat back. "I just realized we didn't get any lunch today."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 am
"I've been waiting for you to say something, dinner is ready for us at a moments notice"he said snapping his fingers as the doors open and the wait staff came in with trays of food lining them up down one of the empty tables before quickly departing as Alibaba grins "They know that once I'm in here I'll need to eat at some point, so they wait until I call..I didn't used to"he laughed "I would spend days in here"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 am
She would turn her head when the doors opened and she watched as the servants stepped in carrying the trays of food, the smell alone made her stomach growl as she then glanced over to him. "Somehow that does not shock me at all that you'd spend days in here." She stated and then pushed herself to her feet, "the food smells great!" She said with a grin then paused "what about Jango has he eaten? Should we see if he'd like to join us?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:51 am
"No, I told you after dinner Jango likes to go off on his own schedule, I'm sure he's already eaten, but he conferences with his clone to make sure things are still running smoothly at the Opal Palace while he is gone."Alibaba said as they sat down to eat as he removed all the lids to the trays with one movement of his hand
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:35 am
"I know this Ali, but I still didn't want to leave him out its one thing to be busy its another to feel left out of something. I just wanted to make sure that he knew he could come here if he wanted." she said watching as the lids on the food all came off, the smell alone made her shiver as she smiled. "This looks amazing, I've never seen any of these foods before...or well...some look like things I've eaten but...this is just amazing" she stated as she moved to one of the bowls noticing the chicken like figure. Though she paused then looked over at him, "um...do you happen to have any chopsticks?" she asked
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:25 pm
"The Japanese eat with these two then?"Alibaba asked as two sets of chopsticks came floating over from the side of the table as he held them out to her "You have to not worry about Jango. Trust me, true to his nature he does whatever he wants. I believe if he wanted to break the seal and enter this room of his own volition he's strong enough to do it whether he believes it or not. But Jango is an enigma you'll see. Doesn't say much, always looks troubled, and always thinking three steps ahead. That's why he's my favorite brother and why I am okay with him being my guardian and following me around. He even chose a cat to use as his primary illusion because they are silent and pensive much like he is, and he usually never leaves that form unless we are training...sometimes not even then." he commented as he began filling his bowl with food
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:40 pm
She nodded "yes we do" she stated taking the chop sticks from him as she smirked, "a few cultures still do, Chinese, Korean, its mostly an Asian cultures that do it but I know some other cultures and countries pick up on it as they enjoy eating that way." she said as she grabbed a bowl and began to fill it, as she listened to him about Jango she would still speak. "I understand that, but I do enjoy his company feline or not plus he's family to me now too since I'm also your guardian in a way"

She looked over at him with a smile, "Family should always eat together, even if not related by blood but connected by a bond stronger than that. At least that is how I have always saw meals with those I care about
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:00 pm
'I like that philosophy a lot"Alibaba affirmed nodding his head "If that is how you feel, then Jango will be joining us for dinner from now on. Jango."he said sharply as invisible waves seemed to radiate from his voice through the air as he opened the door as Jango was sitting there with his tail curled around him puffing his pipe "What do you want Alibaba I'm taking care of something."he said cooly as he walked into the room as the door closed behind him

"Hanako has requested your presence during dinner time. She believes that families should eat together and she considers you her family, and I like that so you will join us."Alibaba said as Jango raised an eyebrow "You like eating with family? Is that why you take dinners in here instead of with your parents in the grand hall?"he asked as Ali flustered "That's different! That's always so political"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 pm
Hanako would give a faint smile at him as she chuckled though when she saw the door open and Jango sitting there she would move over. "you can sit by me Jango if you like" she stated warmly then listened to the two as she couldn't help but laugh. "This is why I like eating with family...these moments" she stated as she looked to Ali, "and don't worry about your parents, food is best enjoyed surrounded by those you care about...that and good times like this." she said before she would soon clap her hands together "thank you for the food" she said bowing towards it, before picking the bowl back up to eat.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:31 pm
Ali began digging into his food hungrily having used up so much energy today as Jango moved over laying down beside Hanako puffing on his pipe as he closed his eyes "Now that Hanako is here and you have a guardian, I'll need to stop by the Opal palace sometime before your trip to Japan, I'll need to renew my prayer before we go." he said as Alibaba nodded "That won't be a problem, you can always return to your home, I told you that I don't need you here all the time"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:41 pm
Hanako held the bowl in her hand as she gathered the food with her chopsticks, taking a bite and enjoying the taste as she smiled. "Man this food is awesome" she said as she then looked at Jango, a small smirk formed as she reached forward grabbing a bit of what she thought was fish and held the bite out to Jango. "Come on, you gotta eat too its super delicious" she stated.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:44 pm
"I already ate"Jango said as he opened an eye looking up at her "I told you I was in the middle of business before I was summoned. After training with Ali I go straight to the kitchen to eat, I don't do my magical studies in between like he does."

"Yeah Jango's all business"Alibaba laughed taking another bite of his food "No play for jango"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:55 pm
She chuckled some as she sat there shaking her head "well your missing out on a great meal, I was even going to offer to feed you but I suppose Jango doesn't want that attention." She teased as she looked at Ali before returning to her own meal. This was nice it was warm feeling with the two of them here with her, her eyes closed and she listened to the two brothers. "So what sort of business were you doing Jango?" She asked looking once more at the cat.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:12 pm
"That's private"Jango said "The Opal Palace is the Law Enforcement Force of the Kingdom. We are in charge of. training any and all knights from whatever farmer, bandit, schoolboy, whoever decides they want to dedicate themselves to Barcyl and the Kingdom."Jango said "And trust me, you'll be eating the same sorts of rich foods every day, it'll get old very quickly"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:17 pm
"Then maybe I'll just have to cook for you" she said quickly as she looked at him and reached down to scratch behind his ear some, after all he was in a cat form might as well and see if he had cat like tendencies. "As for the business that's fine that it's private I just wanted to ask cause it's customary to ask one bow their day was, since i have been with Ali all day I know how his went but you left so I wanted to hear yours went well."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:23 pm
Jango tilted his head towards her as she scratched behind his ear "Ah I see, the Japanese and their politeness. My day was fine. Did you enjoy your first magic lesson with Alibaba?"he asked "Hopefully he didn't do anything too reckless starting off, I warned him"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:17 pm
She would smirk some as she continued to scratch him gently, moving her fingers slowly to his chin as she could tell he was enjoying it, "Yes we just started off with identifying the different manas...though currently the only ones I can truly see are the light and dark mana's and I'll be starting some meditations that way I can learn to handle the energies and not let them go over board."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:28 am
"Wait you can mostly see light and dark?"Jango asked as Alibaba nodded "Yes isnt it the most perculiar thing. I think it means something significant..but what exactly that is I'm not too sure"he said as Jango nodded "You just seem to be more and more impressive...are you sure you arent from here and somehow ended up in Japan? You have more power than everyone in the Royal Family except for probably Mother, myself and Alibaba"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:18 am
She sat there wondering that herself for a moment before shaking her head, "No im positive that I was born in Japan, I never even could dream up a world like this." she stated though with her parents gone along with her brother, it was unknown now just what she could remember and what she knew. "besides even if it were true...there's no way that I am stronger than any of you let alone anyone of your family..." she stated as she would soon reach out to take another bite of food.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:34 am
"No one else in our family except the people Jango named a moment a go can perform magic without the help of a djinn."Alibaba said "When we gave you Venus, we expected your use of magic to be connected to her own as the channel was established between you. However that was for naught because you have magic of your own, clearly since you are not holding your dagger and doing magic and the strength of your magic is strong. You amplified your scythe's magic enough with your own to break one of my level 3 barriers"

"Alibaba likes to put his magic ability use in "levels" to help us understand the difficulty, or strength of a spell."Jango explained to Hanako "Supposedly no one has ever seen him perform anything past a level 5. A level 7 technique could destroy an entire army, a level 9 the continent. Luckily he says he doesn't know any magic strong enough to end the world or cause an apocolypse, what he calls level 10"he explained as his tail wrapped around her arm while she scratched him "Keep that up and you might earn yourself a permanent position"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:46 am
As she ate she listened to them explain all of this, though she would soon set her food down and lookeda t Jango as she soon couldn't help herself as she picked him up and would smirk. "Well I don't mind, just be prepared that I'll treat you like a house cat" she stated as she scratched his neck slowly. "I can even start putting little bows on you and get you fat with nothing but tuna" of course she was teasing him, but he did offer the 'position'

Though she looked back at Ali as she would speak, "As for my abilities, I really am a bit shocked by it all after all magic is all but not there in my world...if it is at all its disproven by science and other things. If I am as powerful as you both are saying, then I'll work hard to make sure that it doesn't get out of control. I'm here for Ali, I'm not looking to be a queen or anything else but to stay at Ali's side like I promised" she said as she would then manage to get Jango onto his back and started to scratch his chest and stomach. "Think you should stay as a cat Jango...suites you better" she chuckled, "your so adorable!"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:01 am
"Don't abuse the privilege, the first signs of bows or any funny business and the illusion drops. It's simply easier to not deal with people as a cat. Claws intimidate."he commented as he stretched out beneath her hand

"Just know you're still rubbing a grown man's chest and stomach"Alibaba said 'Let's just hope my other siblings take their learning of this information as optimistic as you have shall he."he said taking a deep drink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum