The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 16 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 am
"Yeah well what csn I say, I was a gifted child." Gale said remembering his childhood "That's when the shrine was really alive. All kinds of spirits passed in and out of that place daily. And so many people used to come and pray. It's a shame people forget their blessings"he stated with a sigh
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:55 am
“It’s more then that I think. With his Holy energy drifting away....people feel the change. Spirits are fearful of punishment coming upon them should they venture near, though it isn’t true. And other gods....are you probably saw with the sisters, feel betrayed by Tenjin. Their leader having broke one of their great laws that he and his father held up for eons.”Geitsu said with a sigh. “Do Not mistake my words saying that the sisters or other gods may not care for him and what he is going through and will mourn his passing, but wounds like that only time can heal. Only time can rebuild trust. But only action can change minds.”

“You are home now Koharu. I promise that there will never be a day here where you won’t be loved and cared for.” She said lovingly.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 pm
Koharu would smile as she looked back at her mother just as she finished brushing out her hair "You too mom....after all we have to make sure dad has a place full of love..." she said, they coudn't stop her father from lossing his memories...but she wasn't going to let him lose the feeling of family.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:32 am
"Time huh?"Gale repeated as he frowned thinking on Geitsu's words "Yeah I guess you hae a point....I know what Tenjin did was taboo, but is it really so bad. Gods sleep with mortals all the time. I'm sure that Koharu isn't the first demigod to be born....just one from someone in such a high position of power.....It's almost not fair to either of them...and it's almost impossible to change a God's mind about something once it's made up....I just feel...bad."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm
“I know you do. We all do.” he said sadly as they stopped walking. ”but we have to do our best to make sure that we train Koharu well for the trail's. That Jineza and Orichinagi are ready for their tasks.”

“Agreed.” She said as she finished brushing her daughters hair, twisted into a bun and pinned into place on Koharus head to keep it from getting wet.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 pm
Koharu would smile some as she would admire her mothers handy work "wow, I could never get a bun like this....my hair always falls" she said laughing as she looked back at her. "guess I have a lot to learn and not just shrine maiden" she stated happily towards her mother. Though the two would continue to chat for a bit till it was time for KOharu to get out of the bath as she stretched out her arms and bid her mother goodnight as she still had a busy day of school work ahead of her.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 am
The following day, after having sent both Gale and Koharu off to school, Jineza was going to venture off to the spirit realm to gather a few things they would need for the Trials. “Oh and mistress! Please, if you wouldn’t mind, that special tea from Zeniba? She always makes the best blend.” Geitsu asked with a smile. “Of course old friend.” She said and looked to Tenjin and the twins. “I’ll bring a treat home for you two but only if you behave....oh gods Im really becoming a mother...” she said and rubbed her face but chuckled all the same. She looked to Tenjin, “is there anything you would like Tenjin?” She asked
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:15 pm
"Just your safe voyage and return. You know the Spirit Realm can be quite temperamental sometimes" Tenjin said with a smile "And some extra of Zeniba's tea while you're at it" he said "Perhaps you should take Orochinagi with you, just to be on the safe side"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:55 pm
”arr you sure you want both of us gone?” she asked and looked to the Snake. ”care to join me?” she asked
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:04 am
"Oh I don't mind. Plus I think it's good for Nagi to get out of the shrine from time to time. I'll be fine on my own for a few hours" Tenjin said as he looked over to Orochinagi who nodded "Fine, fine, I'll go too" he stated as he walked over to Jineza

"Well yesterday was an eventful day wasnt it" Gale said over to Koharu as they headed to school "I'm still exhausted if you ask me. So much work to be done still"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:39 pm
Koharu would chuckle slightly as she looked at him "Tired already Gale? Its barely morning" she stated with a small laugh, as she pushed some of her hair from her face. "And ya...yesterday was...interesting but much was improved and we have a better understanding at what has to happe....." she paused as she saw Nazuki waiting for them as she would bit her lip slightly. "Morning..." she wondered if she could still be who she was with him....knowing that he was there to end her father's life.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 pm
Jineza nodded, “we’ll be back soon.” She said and turned to leave. The nearest entrance to the spirit realm was in the forest near where the Shrine rested so they didn’t have to travel too terribly far to get there or risk being seen by humans in their true forms.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:01 am
Gale was going to respond to her before he looked up seeing Nazuki as he grunted "Ebisu"he stated as Nazuki smiled at them both walking over "Well good morning to both of you. Long night? You both look quite tired" he stated as he looked at Koharu "You seem....different...everything alright?"he asked curiously

"You know I havent been to the spirit world in quite a long time" Orochinagi said somewhat excited, a change from his usually icy demeanor "I wonder if there will be any celebrations or festivals going on while we are there. You know time passes differently there than in the real world"he commented "We could stay for a while"

Last edited by MusicMajorKT on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:37 pm
Koharu nodded her head "Oh ya just fine....as you said it was a bit of a long night...." she said softly as she looked at him, this was the boy she always knew...not the god that wanted to kill her father. She gave him a smile as she would then reach out gently patting Nazuki's shoulder and he could feel a change....in power with her "did you study? Your notes came in handy for me so I hope I didn't leave you hanging for class" she asked
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am
”Why Orichinagi, if I didn't know any better I would say you were trying to get me alone,” she said and brought out her fan and waved it a bit and gave a teasingly flirtatious look with a playful giggle. ”teasing aside....it might fun...”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:24 pm
"Oh yeah don't worry about it, I'm all ready to go"Nazuki said with a smile as Gale simply grunted and continued walking "We're going to be late if we don't keep moving."he said over his shoulder letting the two of them walk together "Well after everything that's happened I guess thats your way of warming up to the idea"Nazuki said scratching the back of his head

Orochinagi gave a small hiss "As if Jineza, I just thought that it'd be fun to...spend some time here you know."he stated "Besides, Tenjin would kill me if I ever tried to hit on you so get your mind out of the gutter."he said shifting his gaze
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Koharu would sigh some at Gale "coming from the man that dislikes classes....you sure don't like to be late" she teased as she walked with him and then looked to Nazuki. "ya its...a bit of an adjustment but...I can handle it I've been through worse" she laughed, "remember those girls in middle school? they where true evil"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 pm
Jineza chuckled. “Just teasing.” She saId with a smile. “And I don’t see why not. Koharu has Gale with her and her strength is....impressive. Tenjin has the twins and Geitsu. I’m sure we have plenty of time to enjoy the realm. What could go wrong?” She asked playfully as they continued deeper into the forest
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:36 am
"Oh yeah I remember that, definitely wasn't a good time"Nazuki laughed as Gale simply scoffed and headed even further ahead of them as Nazuki sighed "I suppose this situation is kind of hard to digest for anyone really...Im surprised your holding together so well despite what happened..."he said looking at her

"Here? A lot"Orochinagi said shrugging as they continued walking as soon the forest grew dark around them as the lights from countless spirits soon began to set the forest aglow with their warm flames "All these lost souls stuck in purgatory...do you ever think they'll all pass into the Spirit Realm someday?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:31 pm
"Thanks....though I have family to support me and...of course you Nazuki" she said as she smiled at him, "I mean come on your my best friend and you've always been there for me....I hope that can continue you know? In a few years we will be heading to college any plans for the future for you?" Koharu glanced ahead towards Gale as he kept walking ahead, "what about you Gale? plan on anything other than living at the shrine forever?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 am
“i truly hope so, I pray for that every night.....they just need time I think. Time to come to terms with their passing. Time to find the path.” She said as she held out her palm to a floating orb that came to rest there for a moment before floating on its way. She turned to him with a rather somber smile, come...the entrance is close.”She said and turned back to their path.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:47 am
"Oh I dunno"Nazuki said with a shrug as he put his hands behind his head "I like taking things day by day. I haven't even really given much thought to which university to apply to or preparing for the entrance exams"he said panicking slightly "I should really start applying myself huh?"he sighed

"You mean if we all survive the sky falling on us?"Gale said shooting her a glance "Than I plan on stopping being a monk. My destiny is to protect the Child of Prophecy with my very life. I don't see much of a future after that, if we even make it that far in the first place."he commented. Despite her words, he just couldn't shake the impending sense of urgency. The man who was supposed to be the biggest threat to her safety is currently walking beside her having idyllic conversations about the future when at present the situation was grim "I don't have the same amount of optimism you both seem to have."

Orochinagi frowned listening to her words but nodded nonetheless and continued moving forward with her until soon they came to stand in front of a large gate protecting what looked like a shrine city "Wow....even though it's been a while, this place never ceases to amaze me"he said as he pulled his hand out of his sleeve placing it on the door as a glyph with Tenjin's kanji for Sky appeared before the gates parted to give them access to the Spirit World "We finally made it, crossing through purgatory is always a surreal experience"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:30 pm
Koharu wasn't sure what to say at Gale's words, in that moment he was right did they have a future? Was she slipping back into the mindset that she was just some ordinary girl with a simple life ahead of her...when in reality she was the daughter to a god who was and will die only to be reborn with no memory of her or anyone around them. The three of them walked but her pace slowed down, letting both Nazuki and Gale pass her and as they did her very emotions oculd be felt the once sunny day was turning cold and cloudy as she stood there speaking softly, "What future do you even see Gale...." her voice sounding hallow as her eyes were hidden by her hair but a faint tear could be seen sliding down her cheek. "What future do you even want Nazuki...." her head lifted up as she loked at them both. "why can't we just return to a normal life?" she asked her emotiones starting to show more as the wind and chill picked up. She wanted a normal life, she wanted her father not to lose his memories....she wanted her mother to be able to life and love who she wanted....
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:00 am
“Yes. Sometimes I can still find it hard to imagine how a spirit can get lost there but the fog is thick and the paths are in clear....and if the spirit has any doubts or regrets to cloud its judgment....it becomes clear why....just so sad to see so many lost souls.” Jineza said as she looked back to the fog ridden forest lay behind them. The dim light of souls peeking fairly from the fog bank as the floated admits the trees. She gave a silent prayer before turning and entering the city
First to hit their sense were the smells of the Market place that floated on the wind. The second was the sound of chatter and laughter around them as they walked into the spirit realm. Around them were buildings and booths of all sorts. Selling from weapons to spices. Brothels to restaurants.
Around them were airports from all sizes and shapes and colors, all guests of the spirits worlds marketplace for the time being.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:04 am
"Normal life?"Gale questioned blinking as he looked at her "The only person here whose had a normal life for the first 16 years is you."he told her "I've been a monk in a monastery since I was like 6 and your friend Nazuki over there has the God of Greed trapped inside his human body...actually he isn't even really trapped as revealed earlier its the same guy just sealed by your Dad's fading magic so he's been able to pretend to play mortal for a decade and a half while waiting for the old man to reincarnate in which case his full power will finally return to him and signal a doomsday apocalypse...so I don't really know what a normal life is...or what future I see...when any minute I'm just waiting for the event I've literally spent the last decade and most of my life training for....to protect you when all this starts to go down."he said to her bluntly as Nazuki just stood there with his eyes cast down to the ground knowing Gale was right but unable to object and disagree

Orochinagi's head was almost on a swivel as he took in the sights of the spirit world. It had been ages since the last time he was here and while much had changed there was a constant sense of familiarity that seemed to warm his usually cold demeanor though whenver Jineza glanced in his direction he pretened to act uninterested and nonchalant as they made their way through the market before his stomach started growling and he pulled on her sleeve "I...uh....don't have any spirit money....."he whispered embarrassed
Sponsored content