The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 19 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:24 am
Jineza smiled brightly as her heart melted a tiny bit. “Sent you the perfect little one?” She said as she looked down at the baby before sudden realization dawned on her. “Oh but we don’t have anything he needs. A crib, bottles, diapers, formula, clothes...”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:30 am
Tenjin blinked as well hearing that "That....is quite true......well looks like it's time for us to take a shopping trip to the Spirit Realm"he said clapping his hands together as the twins cheered floating around the room tossing their arms up "The spirit realm, the spirit realm!"they chanted as Tenjin laughed "Yes I know it's been a while since our last trip there. I'm pretty sure the last time we went was at the last festival 15 years ago when you were just a little girl huh Jineza...it's not too often mortals are allowed passage into the realm, but this is definitely one of those exceptional times."he told the group "Let's go!"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:42 am
“A nice family outing. How wonderful.” The old Cat said with a smile to Orochinagi before summoning a nimbus cloud to sit and float on as he followed after Jineza and Tenjin. “Will they have things suitable for him?” She asked, “I don’t doubt they will. Clothing for him most definitely. And if he has string spiritual energy, the food we can find for him there will be better then the mortal food. At least till he is older.” Geitsu offered as he started to prepare a pipe
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:58 am
"Indeed, at the markets there will be all kinds of good for us to procure."Tenjin nodded "Gods and spirits alike are fascinated by mortal creations and inventions and LOVE the food mortals produce. Many times when the spirits of vendors and merchants pass one, they never actually make it to the afterlife, they end up stopping in the markets and picking up in the afterlife right were they left off in the real one"he chuckled "And Gods and Goddesses like to make hobbies out of collecting mortal artifacts, so I'm sure we'll be able to find everything we need for the little guy here"he said as Tenjin snapped his fan shut as a portal opened before them "No need to cross through the Spirit Forest when I got all the magic in the universe right here"he said grinning waving his fan around "Not that I'm abusing my power or anything"he chuckled
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 am
“Oh not at all.” She said and chuckled as they all stepped through. “Normally I would chastise you....but we need things in a hurry so I will let it slide for now.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:00 pm
"Oh well aren't you the most benevolent one"Tenjin said with a dramatic bow and laugh as the portal closed behind them leaving them in the middle of the Plaza that was just outside the Palace that Tenjin usually resided in when staying in the Spirit World "We are still a few years off from the next Festival, so it shouldn't be as busy around here as it usually is during that time."he said "So let's do some shopping!"he said happily smiling
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 pm
“I try.” She said with a chuckle before they entered the market. “I guess first things first is bottles and formula.” She said and let tenjin lead the way. Many in the market bowed to tenjin as they passed and eager to praise him.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:54 pm
"Bottles and formula hm.....oh! I know, let's visit old lady Yaga! I'm sure that old witch is bound to have a bunch of stuff that we can use."he said as he began walking through the plaza waving and smiling as those who bowed and praised him "Yes, yes many blessings and good fortunes to you all as well"he said as he smiled and waved blowing everyone kisses. Tenjin was always the lively character and both the mortal and spirit realms have been prosperous during the his second lifespan. During his first, the planet was much younger, an age ruled by giant reptilian and sea life. But during a disagreement with his younger sister Amaterasu, the Goddess managed to kill her brother in a fit of rage. That death caused was the first time that the sky had ever fallen. Meteors and other celestial bodies came crashing to the earth now that the barrier the Sky God had kept erect for millennia was no longer in place and decimated the planet. Upon his rebirth, the High Gods, Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susano'o decided that they would never allow for such a thing to happen again, and returned Tenjin to the position of Kami, who had then begun to usher in the age of Mankind during his growth and youth. Now 200,000 years later, Tenjin was fully grown once again, and the world was prosperous with wealth and technology abound in this modern age of man.

As they reached the shop Tenjin slid the door open "Oh Baba Yaga!"he called out as a tiny old witch riding a floating crystal ball came floating out from the back "Ah Lord Tenjin, what an honor to have you visiting the shop, and it seems you brought the whole shrine with you this time. Some sort of special occasion?"she pondered
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 pm
“Yes Miss Baba Yaga.” Jineza said and approached her, kneeling sownloa enough to show her Gale. “This baby was left on the shrines doorsteps and has incredible spiritual power even for one so small. We hope to find thing later we may need to care for him.” She said as the baby looked up at old woman with big eyes full of curiosity.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm
"Oh my, this child does have an impressive amount of energy. That's not something you see very often"she commented as she looked at the boy "I definitely have things that a human baby would need. Right this way"she said as she floated towards the back of her shop on her crystal ball as they could see a wide assortment of different items taken from the mortal realm "I like to be considered a one stop shop if you will"she said
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 pm
“This will be super helpful. Thank you.” She said and smile brightly. “We need quite a bit and this will make so much easier. Geitsu, can I borrow a nimbus?”
“Yes of course mistress.” He said and conjured another nimbus cloud. When it came to her, she gently placed Gale in the floating cloud where he lay comfortably while she began to look through the items for what they would need
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:50 pm
"Does the maternal instinct just come naturally or...."Tenjin said aloud as he observed their interaction as the child floated peacefully on the cloud as she shopped "I've never seen you interact with a baby before...yet this all look so natural....you'd be a fine mother you know"he told her
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:59 pm
“Well some of the families who come into the shrine
Often pray for health and wellness for their children. Some mother I heard talking about day care options....so I volunteered my time.” She said and blushed a bit. “I’m only one or twice a week but I’ve learned a lot.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:02 pm
"Really!?"Tenjin said surprised "I had absolutely no knowledge of this"he said "Well look at you spreading your wings and learning new skills."he said with a laugh "Maybe this baby is the perfect opportunity to practice raising a kid before you have your own. I mean if it ever goes bad we can always just send him to one of the monasteries to be trained as a monk. But I think with a child this powerful he will benefit from being trained by a just as powerful preistess such as yourself."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 pm
“Thank you for your kind words.” She said, “ but as I mentioned before, I don’t intend to meet anyone or start a family. I am happy at the shrine.” She said as she found the bottles
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:18 pm
"Mhmmm you say that now. But I'm not so sure. I can sense a lot of love in your future you know. It's definitely going to find you one of these days even if you say you aren't searching for it"he said as he picked out a couple of blankets and toys "As for a crib...I'm sure I can make one of those once we get back...how hard could it be?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 pm
“Have you actually ever built anything before?@ she asked as she skipped over his comments about ‘love’ and it coming one day. She highly doubted it, she could not love anyone else.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 pm
"Uhhh.....no"he said sweatdropping "But I am an all powerful and omnipotent god, surely putting together some furniture should be a fickle matter for one such as myself"he said fanning himself as he continued walking around the shop "I can do it"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:52 pm
“Alright if you say so.” She said with a smirk. “How about a wager? If you am an build it with out any help and with out magic, I will tell you deep dark secret. If you can’t then you have tell me one of your secrets. Deal?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 pm
"Oh-ho?"Tenjin said with a mischevious look in his eyes "Fine, you have yourself a deal. No help, no magic, mortal tools only."he said nodding his head in agreement "I can't wait to hear what this secret is going to be."he said with a grin
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:51 pm
“Funny. I was about to say the same.” She said and chuckled as they began to walk forward and collecting all that they needed. “I think that’s all we need for now. A few outfits, washable diapers are more cost effective, bottles, formula, a few toys.....I think we’re good.” She said and looked to Baba Yaga, “do you think we need anything else?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:26 pm
Baba looked over at them tapping her chin "Hmmm things a human child needs to survive? I think you've just about covered all of it"she said "Ah, this may help"she stated as she took out her wand waving it through the air before a soft, fluffy blanket appeared floating down landing on top of Gale as the child cooed happily before stuffing a corner of the blanket into his mouth "There you go. I'll just add all these items to your tab Lord Tenjin" as the god offhandedly waved the thought away "Yes, yes do what you must"he said dismissively as he turned to Jineza and Gale "Well then, that settles everything? Care to do more shopping or should we head back now?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:33 pm
“We can continue to look around. Haven’t had an outing in a while.” She said with a smile and playfully poked at his belly, “and you certainly could use the exercise.” She teased. The twins laughed and Geitsu smirked and Orichinagi covered his mouth to mouth to hide the smile and fact that he like her joke.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:46 pm
"Well that's just rude, maybe if you weren't always offering up sweets at my shrine, I wouldn't be this portly"Tenjin countered with a laugh as they began walking through the streets of the plaza, enjoying all the foods and wares that they passed by, getting showered in gifts for both Tenjin and the new babe

"You know, it'll be nice to have a monk around too."Tenjin commented "Onmyoji and mikos like yourself are said to be able to obtain grand spiritual energy through dedicated prayer and devout practice. You have already reached a level of energy that rivals a Shrine Guardian like little Orochinagi and old Geitsu. Who knows a few more years of practice and you may be promoted to a Guardian yourself and ascend your human mortality and live forever at the shrine with us. Though it is very rare for a miko or monk to actually get chosen at the Festival"he commented "Then of course Guardians become Demi Gods which serve here at the Divine Palace to take care of my day-to-day affairs while I am out. And then those Demi Gods eventually become true Gods one day. And all Gods hope to one day become Kami, Chief of Spirits and Master of the Universe, which is me"he said grinning "And I don't plan on giving that title up anytime soon. My father was Kami for suuuuuch a long time, I plan to surpass his legacy"he chided happily as they walked
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:37 pm
“Hmm....a guardian wouldn’t be too bad, can’t picture myself as a goddess though.” She said and chuckled. “Who knows....it’s not other then the flurry few human friends I have made and the shrine itself, I don’t have much to loose in the human world.”
Jineza was not much older then Gale when she had been left to the shrine. Her parents abandoned their places and child their with out much thought or trouble. It hurt a small bit, by jineza didn’t care. Her trud family were those with her presently, even the grumpy snake who pronounced loudly that he would be a better and stronger guardian, even greater god before Jineza ever could.”
Sponsored content