The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

One Crest to Rule them All Empty One Crest to Rule them All

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Harmony, Order, Mayhem, Chaos. The world was in disarray. Powerful demons collectively known as Reavers terrorized the citizens and ravaged the countryside. Feudal lords and powerful clergy members from the Church of the Light traveled the countryside helping out where they could, slaying demons and healing the people but despite their best efforts the strength of the demons continued to grow in power and their leader Lucius reigned over the darkness.

The mages of the realm collectively banned together and formed the Supreme Crest. An ancient magic said to bestow godly gifts of power for the one worthy enough to wield the crest. The Mage Academy, the governing body responsible for the training of mages, sought out the strongest warrior of the time and endowed him with the powers and magics from the Supreme Crest. This legendary hero, known as Zulana, went forth to drive back the darkness and in his epic showdown, managed to render Lucius defeated and unconscious, sealed in an eternal slumber.

While the Reavers of the night work diligently to restore their former master and awaken him from his slumber, peace had befallen the kingdom. The Legendary Hero was made King and ruled his newly united kingdom with a gentle and peaceful hand. However a gentle touch breeds contempt of a 'weak' King who did not want to eradicate the Reavers while they recouped their losses. A King who had no respect for the 'nuances' of war. The Legendary King of Zulana was betrayed in a coup by his trusted advisers and the royal family of Zulana was thought to be lost forever. Before the King died however, he took the Supreme Crest and shattered its power so it would not fall into the wrong hands. Any hero who manages to defeat the Reavers and absorb their darkness core, or defeat other heroes and obtain their crests, or have loyalty pledged to you, may strengthen their crests in hopes of one day obtaining the Supreme Crest once more. In his passing, the royal crest of Zulana shattered, however a much smaller version suddenly vanished, appearing in the right eye of a small boy who had just been picked up by his caretaker and covered in a blanket as she moved at demonic speed carrying him away from the castle just as those were under the sworn loyalty of King Zulana felt what had just happened to their King.

After the leader of the council, Jonan, the second King of Zulana, passed away in his old age, the former nation of Zulana was divide betwixt his two daughters and their powerful Crests. The two sides are often at war with one another, as one of the daughters has the support of the Church of the Light. The other side has the support of the Zulana loyalists who wish to see their nation states returned to the former glory that was the Kingdom of Zulana.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

One Crest to Rule them All Empty Re: One Crest to Rule them All

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:15 pm
“....and then after the High Priest announces you are recognized as the one true heir to the Throne and crowns you, the guards and guest shall cry out “long live the queen....you’ll address the people and then we retire to the grand ballroom for the celebration feast.” Said a man with slicked back black hair and pointed shin as he stood at the base of a black throne where a weoman sat with red painted lips and peach colored hair. Her dress was a deep red that faded to black toward the bottom. She also wore a circlet of gold and gold rings  and a gold chain that lead to her crest. Something she always kept with her.
“How are the coronation preparations otherwise?” She said as she tapped her nails against the arm rest of the throne.
“Well your highness.....I also received vouchers from lords Fenahue, bellemoore and Jersai pledging their loyalty to you. That brings your total to 13 powerful loyalists.”
“And my sister?”
“....no word yet my queen.”
“How disappointing.......continue the hunt, spread out farther.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm
The said daughter of the second King of Julana for years had done what she could to calm the kingdom, but with her sister's firm hand and control over the church...she watched as her fathers beloved nation...their ancestor's people turning on one another. She had spent her youth learning the church's teachings, perfecting her own crest and attempting to do what seh could to see the kingdom united once more...but her sister took her steps in longer strides, showing to the kingdoms it took a strong front...power and control to do what was best with her already at that point having 3 where her sister had none to power her own crest. The two continued to struggle with one another though the weaker sister was shoved aside, the kingdom did not want peace...they wanted power it seemed.

A similar flash of peach colored hair trickled with strands of gold moved quickly through a forest, a black cloak wrapped around her figure but the flash of an rather elegant looking dress wrapped around her form would tell many she wasn't normally the type to wonder through the forest. Hot on her trail a group of men would call out "Find her! the queen demands her 'sisters' return!". She was breathing heavily as she would soon duck behind a fallen tree, her hand going over her mouth to quiet her heavy breathing....she had just only escaped them hours ago...she couldn't return not yet....not till she could return peace to her land and find the knights of Julana once again.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm
The hunting parties fanned out wide and far across the territory as they searched for two people. The new Queen's sister was definitely the primary target of their interests. With her out of the picture the Mage Academy would have no choice to align themselves with her and the loyalists would give up their resistance and quit searching for the true heir to the royal family said to be long dead following the death of his father the first King. "Find the other one! Don't let her return to Zulana or the Queen will never forgive us."one man shouted out into the woods

Not far off, a young boy walked with a woman who was older than him, but appeared to be young and beautiful herself. However both walked with hooded cloaks on, concealing the duel blades worn on each side by the boy "I told you we shouldn't have taken the short cut through the woods. This place is teeming with State dogs....we'll be lucky to get out of here without getting caught"he snapped at the woman next to him "Some guardian"he sighed shaking his head "You lead me into more danger than protect me from most times."he pointed out as they walked
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:31 pm
“Maybe have to face the state dogs you’d learn a thing a two in how to defend your self. Maybe wouldn’t complain as much.” Said the woman. Here hair was white and here eyes were a deep unatural red color. She walked along side him with her arms crossed under her bust. Suddenly a young woman with peach colored hair fell onto the path in front of them from out of the underbrush. “Look. .....here is one now.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm
Her dress had gotten stuck beneath the brush but as she pushed through she stumbled, her hair falling into her face and she would raise her hand pushing them back. The gown she wore was a soft white, a pale comparison to her sisters dark red outfits, she was breathing heavily looking almost a bit frantic as she would push herself up only to hear footsteps. She turned quickly and paused when she saw the women and young man, she stood up noticing their own cloaks "your not from the capital..." she said almost with a questioning tone.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:57 pm
"You're not from the Captial either...."The boy said as he turned around to the sound of heavy footsteps as a group of men emerged from the thicket after pursuing the girl

"Well if it aint our lucky day. Two girls and a pretty boy"one of the men said as the others grunted in contention at the idea "Clearly ya arent from around here, so lets have a look under those cloaks"he said

"I don't know who think you are, but that type of behevaior will not be allowed. I dont know who this woman is, but for a group of men to want to harm her is unacceptable"he said as he drew both of his swords "As a Ronin I have no choice but to defend this maiden's homor"he said pointing the blades as the men "Prepare yourselves"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am
“Think you can handle this one on your own? Or do you need your Gaurdian?” The woman teased as she gestured the girl out of the way.
“You taken us lightly there girly?”
“I take all men lightly. Well most....easpecially sniveling state dogs who can’t seem to catch one simple girl.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 pm
The golden peach haired women shifted, looking at the other woman and the boy standing with her, however what caught her off guard was the group of men emerging out from the forest. She quickly moved out of their reach, she didn't need them grabbing her now not after she got this far she just needed to get to the academy....even her sister couldn't interfere with them queen or not...

She gripped her cloak tighter around her, knowing her clothing would give her away and the crest she had as well on her chest..would also give it away even if it was only half of it. When the boy suddenly drew his sword in her defense she wanted to almost call him stupid these where trained knights a mere farm boy couldn't do anything. Though the women with him didn't seem to agitated or even worried, a ronin was a dangerous thing to encounter after all...no one knew who's side they where on. However, now was not the time to draw swords as she quickly held out her hand towards the two "No don't fight them!" she stated quickly glancing at the men just laughing. "We are simple travelers....and have broken no laws so...let us use the road without incident" she had always been a good talker but that sometimes proved ineffective.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm
"I don't need a guardian to protect me from lowly men who attack innocent women and travelers."the young man said as the older men around him laughed drawing their weapons "Ya see, this is Count Marmont's  roads. So in order to continue on, you'll just have to pay our toll."one of the men said "You can use the road...but there's gonna be an incident."he said as the boy shook his head "As a ronin, I cannot tolerate that sort of behavior."

The young man's hood flew down as he dashed forward as short blue hair became uncovered. As he rushed in there seemed to be a red glint in his eye that temporarily seemed to shock the first man as he froze in mid swing as the boy quickly drove his swords upward cutting the man and knocking him down "So whose next?"he asked as the others growled beginning to move in closer "Let's kill this brat."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:46 pm
Hearing who's road this was she almost cursed, of course she'd be wondering on that counts lands and she had to think quick. if a toll is what they wanted she had coin on her, she could easily give that to them but she had a feeling it wasn't the toll they wanted. "I have money....I'll pay your fee" she said quickly, hoping to end this but that didn't seem the case as the boy would soon make his move. "w...wait you idiot!" but she paused that red glint made her freeze just as the other man would drop him to the ground. If that is what she thought it was she knew she could not let this boy fall, she needed to help them but even if she stepped in the way she knew it would do nothing for either one of them. She looked to the boy and would speak "I do hope you have a better plan than just swinging your sword....you'll be a wanted man for this as well.....I know Count Marmont....he is not friendly to any who go against his authority..and killing one of his men....well earns you a one trick ride to execution in his book"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:15 pm
The woman with the Ronin shot forward in a blur and with placed and Stratocaster blows, two men went down in a series of cries and blood. “Your foot work still needs work Zuri. I know you can move faster then that.” The woman teased. But her smile fell as she turned to the girl, “how do you know Marmont?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:45 pm
Zuri narrowed his eyes at his teacher as they turned to look at the rest of the men who began backing up before turning and fleeing quickly ",The Count will hear of this!" They yelled back.

The young man who was identified as Zuri scoffed and sheathed his two blades once again "Pathetic."he said before turning to the girl "No silly count who rules by fear is any threat to me. I may be young, but I'm still a Knight's rank on my crest"he said proudly "But why were the Count's men chasing you in the first place?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:28 pm
She watched as the men left, but it wouldn't be the last they saw of them specially not around here....she needed to get to her own territory where she was some what safe even though getting to it required going through others lands who where not friendly. When the female ronin asked how she knew the lord, she would look back towards them as the boy seemed to puff out his chest in pride. "Do not be proud in this moment, your rank in crest or not does not do you well in a territory that will have your head on a spike before you can blink." She seemed to know this well as she turned if she didn't make it to the meetup point by nightfall..she would have no way home, but she would pause that boy...she would have to look him over more.

"As for how I know Lord Marmont....lets say he used to be an ally....before he allied himself with someone I am against." She stated looking at them both, "If you want to know more....and perhaps even proper training to use that crest well. You both can come with me to my own land....however...we have to cross through my enemies lines to get to it...." she couldn't reveal who she was just yet...not if she didn't want more people after considering her sister had a nice bounty on her head.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 am
The woman narrowed her eyes at the girl. “What is your name girl?” He asked coldly.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:46 pm
The peach haired colored women turned to look back at the female Ronin, she didn't want to say anything but she would speak calmly. "You can either follow me or not, either way you two have a bounty now on your head same as I do" she glanced towards the boy, looking him over before glancing back at the women. "If you want to keep him alive, I might be your only chance in this kingdom."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:03 pm
Zuri frowned looking the woman over "Well, it's better than just staying in this area. Ever since the new Queen came into power and the country split, there's been nowhere that's been safe for us. We have hundreds of bounties now at this point"he said before holding his hand out "Follow you or not, can't continue on with someone in a group if we don't know their name"he said

"I'm Zuri, and this is Solaris my guardian. I'm...not too sure where we come from actually...I've been wandering around since I was little. But Solaris told me my father was a legendary hero and I plan to follow in his footsteps and unite the people once again."he told her "I hope you're on the same side I'm on. I get the sense that you're an important person."he said "Especially if you can help me improve my crest"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:59 pm
As he held his hand out she was rather unsure but she would raise hers gently grasping his, "You know who I am by name only....my sister you know better..." she said as she pulled her hand back. "My name is Evara, second in line to the throne.....my sister is the new queen" she could see them both tense up a bit. "I'm more wanted than you two combined, because I'm the only one trying to stop her from destroying this kingdom more...."

In truth she didn't want to be queen at all, she knew her position of power thus making her own crest rather powerful by being a member of the royal family. She also had 'half' the kingdom as well though her sister had managed to surround them mostly but without her surrendering she couldn't fully take over though the main land that her sister wanted was where the Mage Academy was. It was a good line of defense because without the mage academy her sister and her 'lords' could not have mages so it was their only defense and their only means of survival. "I'm heading for the Mage Academy, its the only place of safety for any who are against my sister, because without the mages....she has little power but...shes got the entry points heavily guarded and....getting out was hard enough....returning is near impossible but I have a group of men loyal that are waiting....but they only have till sundown before I told them to leave without me. SO we must move if we are to get to safety"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:58 am
Zuri looked in complete shock as she revealed who she was to them "Evara!? As in THE P-princess Evara?" He said blushing heavily "The Heavens must be smiling on me. You are exactly who I wanted to meet! As a ronin, I have no Lord of my own, and with only a court rank of Knight, I cannot have land to myself. That is why I had decided to head to the Mage Academy and contract a mage before pledging my crest and services to you. I have heard that you are a stalwart to the evil Queen's schemes and I wish to be of your aid."he said as he kneeled down before her "I wish to pledge my crest and my loyalty to you Princess Evara"he said "Allow me to prove my worth as a knight. If we do not make it to your companions by nightfall allow me to escort you safely to the Mage Academy"he proposed to her "I believe you are the one person who can stop all of this chaos before it gets worse"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:42 pm
Solaris glared deadly at the woman for she knew her charges safety was directly in danger of just being in the woman vicinity. But....zuri seemed fine.....seemed wanting to help her and suddenly pledging his loyalty to her. Perhaps it could work in restoring the true kingdom back to its former glory.. She steeled her gaze and knelt beside him. “If this idoit swears that so shall I. My crest is your to command.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Evara stood there watching the two of them drop to their knees, she couldn't take their crests to her own....hers was the cause of all this and she would soon step up to the two of them, placing her hands on their shoulders. "please rise...my crest does not deserve to be strengthen...there is one that does....but we speak at another time." She said as she stood there, "now we must move...and quickly" she said as she looked towards the sun, noticing its position. "we are running out of time...."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:52 pm
Zuri glared at Solaris poking her in the side with his elbow before nodding his head at Evara "Right, let's hurry"he said lowering his hand. He was just about to show Evara his crest if she would have taken it there, not realizing the unique interest there would be if one was to see exactly what his crest held.

The three pulled their cloaks and hoods on once again and continued long the path. Along the poor, impoverished town, whispers began to rise as the three walked "The people in these lands are suffering. Count Marmont is taxing the people to death literally. We have to do something about this now, the people here didn't ask for this."Zuri said in whispered tones to the group as his blue eyes curiously scanned the passerbys as they walked
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:38 pm
“The count is believed to be using those funds to feed into an army. If not to feed himself, the pig.” Solaris said. As they kept to the path. “I don’t think the queen needs it, could he be planning something I wonder...” she said and tapped her chin in thought
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:15 pm
They would move quickly noticing the village she would feel her heart ache however but she would keep her feelings down, she learned long ago that if she attempted to fix every issue as she saw them....it only caused more harm.She glanced towards Solaris and then to Zuri "we cannot aid them now, if we try we only slow ourselves down...one day we will do what we can to right the wrongs...but that takes resources we do not have" she said simply, patting the young knight on the shoulder.

They would keep moving, but as they got near a spot within the village near the river they would soon see a man standing there looking out. A lantern in his hand and soon Evara would hold her hand up, making Zuri and Solaris pause "wait here..." she whispered, moving forward heading towards the man. He turned towards her, as they seemed to exchange words before she turned waving at them to come forward. "quickly....we have to wait till the sun disappears and before the moon rises...its a tricky window" she explained.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm
"I don't know, but I still do not trust the count."Zuri told the two of them frowning deeply as he stood by with Solaris as Evara went off to talk to her friend "You know Solaris, I truly do have a good feeling about this. Besides she said she was headed to the mage academy, and I wanted to contract a mage anyway, I feel like it was destiny that we should meet the Queen's sister."he told her as he could see Evara returning and listened to her instructions and moved forward to her nodding his head "Alright, whenever you are ready we will be right behind you. Lead the way."he said drawing his cloak in closer around him
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum