The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

One Crest to Rule them All - Page 2 Empty Re: One Crest to Rule them All

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 am
“Destiny is one thing, reality is another.” She said as she crossed her arms. “And as your Gaurdian, the reality is that I will not trust someone completely with your Safety other then myself and follow you where ever it is you choose to go.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:59 pm
"You've been saying that since I was a little kid. I'm not 2 anymore Solaris, I'm already 14 in a few more years I'll be old enough to start a family of my own and I'll be in charge of making my own decisions. You aren't allowed to baby me forever you know. You haven't even told me why I'm so important to you anyway. I'm not some kind of royalty but you always treat me like I'm some infant King or something."Zuri told her as he placed his hands on his hips "If you aren't going to trust someone else with my safety then when are you going to start trusting me to take care of myself?"he questioned looking up at her
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Evara would wait for the time to come as they stood in silence remaining out of sight and making sure that Zuri and Solaris where also out of the sight, once the sun and the moon hit the right spot the whole sky went dark and it was before the lanterns even turned on. The group moved boarding a set of boats as they would keep their heads down, the men that was helping them would speak softly "keep your heads down....once we get down the river more...you can sit up for now...stay down." the leader of the men stated, Evara nodded looking to the other two. "this river leads directly to the mage academy....and isn't checked as often as the other points are...once we get into the tree's we will be safe" she said, it was still dangerous because until they reached the bridge they where still in her sister's territory.

The group moved almost like a snail's pace they had to move slowly, trying to keep as low as a profile as possibly to avoid those scouting the area and the borderline. The time went by slow but it wasn't long before they would hear a tap on the boat, as a bridge could be seen coming up and they would pass under it and Evara sighed heavily they had crossed into her territory as she would look back towards the other two. "We've entered my territory...its the edge and my sister's men have been known to...rush in but we are safe for now..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm
Zuri let out a deep sigh of relief "Phew that's a relief. All that sneaking around is really tough to do." He said as he turned to face Evara "Its nice to be welcomed yo your terrority finally. Solaris and I have always been on the move for as long as I can remember. I dont think I've ever had a place to call home before now that I think about it. Solaris said the kingdom I was born in no longer exists"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:55 pm
She listened to him speak as she took a deep breath it would still take them some time to even get to the main city of the mage academy but as Zuri explained that his kingdom wasn't even in existence she glanced towards Solaris, the woman must have had her reasons to not tell the boy to much. "I would ask to see your crest Zuri, not because I want to see what rank you are at....but I feel as I have seen it before or at least have an idea of just who you are and just why Solaris here....wishes to keep you protected. If my suspicions are correct...then your life will change forever and the path that will be set before you one you probably never expected....are you prepared for that? Prepared to toss away the ambitions and dreams you once had?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:35 pm
Zuri looked at her intently before nodding his head "I'm ready for whatever may give a better life to the people. That's why I wanted to become a knight in the first place. Everywhere Solaris and I traveled, I've seen nothing but people hurting, people suffering. I wanted to become a Knight and either ally myself with a ruler or raise my crest's power to that of a Lord and stop the Queen myself. Solaris says it's a dangerous dream I have, and that under no circumstances should I flaunt off my crest to just anyone. She said it has untold power that my young body couldn't bear to control right now."he told her "But if I have to set aside my ideals to stop the Queen then so be it. I'll do whatever it takes, right Solaris?"he asked looking over at her with a smile "And you'll help me too?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:29 pm
Solaris eyed the woman and sighed, “smarter then you look Princess.” She said and looked to Ziri and nodded her head to let her see his crest. She even removed her from its hiding place and showed it to her. “Sure you know that this one means as well?”
It was a high ranking knights crest. A blood crest from the previous kings secret guards. “Means you should also know to what ends I will go to to fulfill my purpose.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:15 pm
Evara looked between the two of them, everything was going to change for them she glanced to Solaris and watched as she extended her hand and let her own crest appear before them. She knew of the guards many of them she had seen her sister have executed for their loyalty to the old king, their father had done the same when any of them had been found so seeing Solaris told her some survived and she was happy for that fact...that meant hope was still there. "I'm very aware of the oaths you keep and hold" she stated she knew apologizing to her would not bring back the dead, so she did not offer it.

She looked to Zuri but for now said nothing, it was of course not the right time to say anything till they reached the Mage Academy. A fortress stood before them as they neared it, using the canals to come and go even with her sister watching them she had been at this long enough to know that there where flaws even in that patrol. Stepping off the boat and into a hidden alcove they would walk up a long series of stairs only to enter into a large hall, the stairs they came up hidden beneath a statue of a great mage that had once served the First King. "I welcome you both to the Mage Academy, now that we are safe and out of reach of my sister's men....Zuri...let me see your crest" she said turning to the boy.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Zuri looked on in surprise, for it was the first time he had ever seen her crest or heard about any oath as well "Wait you're also a knight!? All this time I thought you were just someone who happened to know how to fight who was protecting me.....that makes so much sense now....but why is your crest so similar to mine? You were a knight in the kingdom we came from?"he asked before turning to Evara as she spoke to him as he nodded his head. His right eye glowed briefly for a moment before the light from his hand appeared. His crest was large, much larger than that of an ordinary knight, fashioned in the symbol of the old flag of Zulana, glittering like pure gold "I want to know now, what does this crest mean? I've been told by Solaris to hide it my entire life until we got to the Mage Academy and now here we are."he said lowering his hand as his crest faded

Mages who had been passing by had all stopped in complete awe feeling the magic and witnessing the crest of the former royal family as many came flocking into the room to get a closer look at what just happened
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:49 pm
When his crest appeared she knew now more than anything, as the mages turned watching in awe she would soon do something that would shock everyone, she would soon lower herself to her knee as she bowed before him. "You are who I thought you where....Rightful Heir and future King of Zulana" she stated her eyes closed, guards standing around even the other mages moved forward and Zuri would watch as each one...dropped to their knee to bow before him.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:11 pm
Solaris stepped up to him, “my oath is to protect the king of this land. The day the king died, I swore to protect his son. To protect you. I have cared and taught you to the best I can. Now here I know you can reach the potential you were meant for. Not only as a knight.....but also as king.” She said and put a hand on his shoulder. “My apologies for keeping this from you....but it was safer for you to now know till the time was right.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:17 pm
Zuri just stood there in disbelief not fully processing what was going on around him "King?...what? I....me?"he stuttered out looking between the two women then at the group of people who had gathered and were now kneeling before him as he took a slight step back "I wasn't prepared for all of this....I never expected to be some King....I just wanted to help give people a better life..."he said taking in a deep breath "But then that means.....my father was the one who was murdered....my father was King Zulana....the Legendary Hero....."he said as he looked down at his hand where his crest once glowed moments ago "I....I think I need to sit down for a minute and process all of this."he said putting his hand to his forehead "Suddenly I'm not feeling so good."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 pm
She let her hand fall from his shoulder, “if that is what you wish....I’ll be here when you are ready.” She said and snowed her head to him for a moment before stepping away and giving him his space.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 am
Evara would hear the fear in Zuri's voice, the uncertainty it wasn't an easy thing to accept she had grown up in the courts...watched as a king ruled and even her sister. Though it was all wrong she knew that the kingdom did not belong to her family so she would soon stand as Zuri looked around at those that where kneeling down towards him even as his crest faded. "I know it is not something you wanted, nor was it something that you thought would happen but you are." when he mentioned that her father murdered his she would sigh heavily, "That is correct....I do not ask for forgiveness, I wish to set things right and will accept any punishment as well" she said bowing her head towards him, a few who knew her whispered before one shouted. "Please do not punish the Lady Evara!! She has done so much for us!!...." "She's given us homes, jobs....freedom from beneath the false king!"

Evara kept her eyes closed, she had only done what she knew was right returning the territory stolen to the rightful owners but to keep it form her sister she had little choice but to keep it beneath her crest. When Zuri said he needed time to process it she would nod her head, "take the time you need milord...when you are ready....I will grant you my crest, though it only half of your kingdom....it is still yours"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Zuri didn't know what to say as he sat back for a moment letting everything process through his head "No, there isn't a need for punishment, my mission was never about vengeance though now I know what happened to my father..... I just want a better life for all the people in this Kingdom, whether or not I'm the one leading them"he commented to the group taking a big breath to steel himself once again "I just want you all to work together with me as we fight for a solution to end this age of Chaos. Monsters are attacking the cities, people are suffering and war is upon all 4 corners of our lands. We need to put an end to this. That is why my first action was to come to the Mage Academy to contract with a powerful mage in order to help turn the tides of battle."he said confidently "Is there a mage here that is willing to come with me on this dangerous journey?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Evara stood there thinking it over as she stood there, tapping her chin till an older man stepped up bowing his head. "milady...milord....I have one mage that might be the one your looking for" he stated. Evara turned to look towards the man, "High Mage Maximus..." she then looked to Zuri, "he helps train all the mages in this tower when they have pased their most basics of tests and move onto the advance courses. All mages before they are accepted are interviewed by him and their talents asset" she explained as Maximus bowed his head, "you flatter me milady. But yes I do know one....she is a bit rough around the edges still but her magic ability is great. I will have her summoned to my quarters tomorrow for now...you all have been on a great journey you should rest. I will also let the guard know to up the defenses the queen..." his voice strained with a bittnerness but trying to be respectful. "Has been on high alert since word of your pressence has appeared milady Evara.....it is possible she will try and come here." "If she does I will speak to her....she holds no power in this tower and loses her venom when you strip her of her fangs...but we will handle that another day...for now..." she looked to Zuri with a warm smile. "let us get you settled, Im' sure you both would enjoy a warm bed and hot food"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:23 am
As if on cue Zuri's stomach loudly growled and grumbled and he laughed scratching the back of his head "Well yeah you caught me there"he said before shaking his head quickly and bowing "Thank you Lady Evara, High Mage Maximus, for everything. I'm not quite sure what to do with this information being a prince, but my originial dream has not changed. I just wish to bring peace and prosperity to every citizen of this great nation and end the fear and struggle they face daily in this abject poverty"he stated as his crest warmly began to glow not just on him but around everyone in the room who could feel the purity and strength of its magic amplified in the mage's tower

Once they were off and settled at a table with food Zuri turned to his guardian and took a deep breath 'How could you not tell me I'm a prince!?"he said in a harsh whisper clearly blushing and flustered "And you decide to drop a bombshell like that...like this!? What's wrong with you woman!? Jeez, my life has been so confusing and shady and I finally understand why now...I'm a runaway prince to a lost kingdom that's been around since ancient times...and my father....was the legendary hero who was betrayed and killed by his council....."he said sighing looking down at his food "I remember hearing so many stories about the legendary hero when I was a kid and wanting to be just like him....I'm 13 now and I still want to be just like him...and he's my dead father...."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:14 am
Solaris leaned back in her chair, crossed one knee over the other and leaned her head into her hand. “As I explained before, I took an oath on your father’s deathbed that I would keep you safe any means. Keeping your true lineage secret, even from you, was in your best interest.” She said and eyes the princess. “”Those that would lay claim to your throne, if they knew you had survived or if a child claiming to be the son of the true king, would have been a Target for many.” She then turned back to the prince. “Not that it would have been a challenge for me.”

Last edited by Laluna90 on Sat May 04, 2019 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Evara couldn't help but smile slightly as she heard his stomach growl, she would lightly chuckle some "in time you'll know what must be done, till then you'll train here. I'll teach you of the histories, polities, etc...everything you'd need to run a kingdom. High Mage will teach you the matmatics of course...I was..never that good with numbers" she chuckled with a smile as she stood there. "for now enjoy tonight, rest, sleep, know you are safe and among allies. In the morning High Magus will introduce you to the mage we spoke of" she then looked over to Solaris bowing her head, before turning to walk away wanting to rest herself.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:21 am
"Oh man that's a lot...learning swordsmanship was already tough, now magic and math and politics my.heads gonna explode" Zuri told Solaris as he counted them off on his fingers "It's still a lot to take in and I don't like your secrets"he mumbled as they finished dinner and headed to bed "Though I'm excited to finally get mage! That was half our original journey was to obtain a mage contract under my crest"

As morning came Zuri was up early and dressed in his clothes that had been cleaned and tailored overnight "Wow these feel amazing...I guess my tunic was a bit beat up huh....and to present myself in front of a princess like that..."he said shaking his head
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm
As Zuri stepped out of his room wearing the fresh clothing, a younger women was walking by red hair twisted into a braid hanging over her shoulder and green eyes that were glued to a book in her hands. She didn't seem to noticed anything around her, as she stepped around Zuri with ease muttering faintly to herself as she flipped the page within the book. Though she soon paused as she blinked only to turn and look at him, "your the one Lady Evara returned with...." she said simply looking him over, "at least you clean up nicer than how you came in...." she would then turn continuing her walk.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 04, 2019 10:39 pm
Solaris has rose with the sun, she had disregarded her cloaca in favor of free movement as she trained in the courtyard. Her eyes flashed red in the sunlight as she swung her blade against the cold morning air. White hair flowed behind her as she twist and spin and swung against an invisible foe. Though when a silent servant came to get her for breakfast, she spun on her heel and the tip of the blade came to rest just before the tip of their nose. “One should announce themselves before entering a training circle.” She said and when the servant looked at their ground at their feet to protest a circle excistence, there was a circle of stones at their feet.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 05, 2019 5:02 am
Zuri blinked at the odd woman in front of him "Uhhh...thank you?"he responded before he began following after her "Hey wait up, I'm not too sure how to get down to breakfast in a big palace like this one...can you help me out here? And just who are you anyway? You seem like someone I should know...."he asked as he followed her down the halls

"Oh ho ho, that's most impressive"came another voice from behind the servant as a man had walked up wearing a full set of polished black armor "I am Manfree, Lady Evara's Black Knight. Your dance with a blade is quite a fascinating display. Not all servants of the darkness have such a grace paired with such skill and beauty."he stated aloud before looking at her sideways "You wouldn't happen to be the same dark servant that was Captain of the old King's Guard would you?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 am
“And if I so happen to be?” She asked as she dropped the blade from the servants nose, keeping an eye in the knight as the servant scuttled away.
“Would that knowledge bring you fear or peace? Or would you wish to test your blade against Said dark servant?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm
The girl continued to walk till she would hear him call out to her once again, she paused and glanced back at him. As he got closer he could tell she was dressed in the mage attire a simple robe with a few cords around the waist to also state what class and rank she held, "I do not see as to why you should know me" she said and kept walking but when he kept following she closed the tome in her hands, shaking her head but would just simply keep walking moving down the stairs through the large palace. Though as they rounded another corner they would soon come upon a set of large doors pulled open revealing the hall where others gathered to eat, "There are scrolls detailing the simple layouts of the academy, those who first come here to train as mages learn it before much anything else....if you go tot he library you'll find a few for study."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum