The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

The Balance of Life - Page 5 Empty Re: The Balance of Life

Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:16 pm
"Keep your head, Lord Okuma, acting brashly will only lead to failure. It is best we act with cool heads and formulate a plan." Said a calm and calculating voice of Lady Asai, Leader of the Western Wolf Clans of the Mountains. "If we take this fight to this fight to the Imperial Lands, we will come face to face with Legions of Imperial soldiers...But if we cause a well-placed distraction, far away from the Imperial City, forcing him to send his armies away, we can then lay siege to him and his Palace with no line of defense. He will be caught off guard and with no one to aide him."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:07 pm
Willow walked silently beside Karyu listening to his words as he gave her his thoughts on matters, the allies with the beast clans was a stretch for sure. It wasn't easy nor did some deem it wise, but they needed it for survival it had been at the time the only link to live another day though the actions and tactics learned from those had helped them lead to this one..."I do not know who could be the traitor or the one that wishes to see lives lost...but if I can do anything to help you...please tell me what I must do. The beast lords I know only wished to use my people for some reason or another, between my grandmother and my other court officals we've done what we've could to keep them from armor and weapon supplies..as we are to wed...use what ever connections i have to get you the answers you need...I do not wish for anymore blood shed...our people have suffered enough.."

"You have the perfect distraction mer days away.." Came a sultry voice as a woman would step into the room, her hair flowing around her Karmen the prince's consort would smirk, "you have the royal wedding, what better place to attack. Yes there will be guards but they'll be so focused on the dragons they won't notice anything else. so much attention on one thing leaves openings.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm
"I must admit, I am surprised how agreeable you are to work with"Karyu said looking over at her out of the corner of his eyes "I'm starting to wonder if the rumors were misleading."he stated as they walked "I was told that you were stubborn to a fault and unwilling to compromise with our people like those who came before you. I am pleasantly surprised that they were all false."he said "Your ability to compromise is making this union a smooth process. There is still much to do and learn about one another, but originally I thought I was going to have to use force to get you to see my vision."he said

"Ah so it is happening then?"the voice of the first man said as he removed his hood revealing long red hair with a crown of feathers surrounding it. This was Jidan the Red Crane, a Spirit Beast the the ability to predict the future and control the emotions of those around him "It seems my divinations were correct once again. If this union succeeds it spells trouble for the rest of our kind. Dragons will continue reigning supreme for another millennia and with the Crimson in charge instead of the Azure, only chaos and destruction will spread across the land. We must kill the the Crimson Dragon. Karyu must fall. However his power has grown too vast for merely one or two Demon Lords or Spirit Beasts to handle, hence our joining together for this united cause"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm
“Then what of the Azure Dragon? Let her live, a dragon will still reign.” Asia said. “As long as one dragon lives, they are a threat.” She said and looked back to Karmen. “I still do not see what you gain out of this. We plan to kill the man whom you was wore loyalty and your body to. What do you plan to achieve?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:16 pm
Willow paused listening to him, yes she had been agreeable to his terms...to his wants but she would speak "If you had brought something to me that I didn't find agreeable milord...I would have told you." she turned to look at him, her eyes on his. "I am here to end a war, there's been enough blood shed enough death, there are more orphans than whole families...One doesn't make me do anything I do not wish, so your spies...your words you've heard of me are indeed true but again you have not brought anything before me that I did not already seek myself." she wasn't sure were this...side of her was coming from, when she was around him she felt a rage a searing fire that seemed to spure her into action far more than she had felt.

Karmen would look at the beast, true she loved no desired the prince but he had his eyes on some other wench. "There are plenty other good males that can take his place, what I achieve is none of your concern. The dragons are our priority, after all why should we serve beasts that we haven't even seen their true forms in decades, rumors have it that the azure cannot even communicate with the ancient beast and the rage of the crimson builds each day growing more out of control...cut the supply of his 'wine' and you'll have a true monster worth slaying"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:23 am
"Well then, I am glad it seemed that fate has shined its blessing upon this union"Karyu said as they headed through the Embassy "Tomorrow morning we shall be leaving the coast and returning to the main palace to await the rest of the wedding preparations before our union. I recommend you finish up any further business you may have here at the port. As you saw from our tour earlier, all of the merchants are welcoming your people with open arms and coin purses"he said as he looked at the flashing sapphire pendant that now flashed between her breasts, his promise of a dutiful marriage to her. "I will be finishing up letters to the province lords letting them know of our successful arrangement."he told her. He too wasn't so sure where this calm rational came from whenever he was in her presence. He didn't feel upset, and the bloodlust was a bay, though he could tell her vision seemed to be consuming his thoughts more and more by the minute

Jidan tilted his head slightly hearing her speak "What was that you said? His wine? That has been the source of this new found clarity of mind from the Crimson?"he asked "The Dragons have been at war with one another for millennia....and it is simply some wine that has managed to break the eternal conflict?"he said incredulously "That can be used to our advantage....if we rid him of this wine and bring back his madness and bloodlust....and provoke him into a war.....we can ambush and kill him and the Azure. And Karmen, the King's consort placed as the new figurehead of her people, the Beast Lords will finally be able to rule the land justly and with prosperity for all, not just those blessed dragons"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:36 am
“That May just work.” Asai said though she remained stoic and calculating. “His wines come from the southern most part of the continent, shouldn’t be hard to cut it off from there. That would just leave his wine cellars.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 pm
"you didn't think it was odd that he seemed so easily over the rage that consumed his father and ancestors? He drinks it relgiously and if he doesnt well...I'm sure you can guess what happens." though Karmen rather liked him that way, wild and rough but she kept that part to herself. Hearing that she'd be Empress though made her smirk, her head turning to Asai as she nodded. "your correct but not just any southern part...strictly the Azure dragon territory...the bitch plans on growing the vines here...keeping that from happening and then as Lord Jidan just said cutting off the supply which would force him to monitor his own storage of it...im sure will easily drive a nice wedge before tearing everything apart. He'll blame the Azure, she'll blame him, the union will fall apart and we very may well won't have to lift a finger as they kill one another..."

Willow nodded and would sigh some "I haven't been far from the seas since I was young, it will be different not seeing or smelling the salt air when we head to your palace..." she said giving him a small faint smile trying to push back the burning sensation within her. "but I have heard stories that its stunning, reds and golds like a sea of jewels I've heard..." her hand slightly going to the one that was around her neck, the cool surface helped calm her.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:52 pm
"What? That wasn't part of the deal, I want to kill him myself"Okuma thundered "Do whatever shady tactics you wish, but I will take him down head on once his supplies have been drained and he is fully enraged. I will deal to him the killing blow I never got the chance to give that old dragon before he up and got himself killed."

"I understand you have a continued grudge against the Crimson, most of you do. But let us continue to work together until this plan comes to fruition. This may be one of the few opportunities to take them down so we cannot waste it." Jidan said

"That is right, my father was an....exuberant man to say the least."Karyu said with a faint chuckle "There are golden embroidered tapestries that line the palace walls with the Crimson Dragon's coat of arms emboldened on it."he stated shaking his head "Though I suppose they are quite breath taking when you first lay eyes upon them. Everyone gets a little stunned."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:45 pm
"What choice do we have but to ally with one another?" Asai said visibly irritated by now with the tactics and attitudes of those around her, "The first step to this Plan of our will have to be the source...the Vineyards where the fruit of his wine is grown." She said and looked at the map that had been laid out for this meeting, "If memory serves, it's here in the rolling hills. I suggest a small faction infiltrate it using the nearby mining shafts as their way in and out of the area. we can make it look like a member of the Azure clan was the culprit of setting it ablaze and they failed to make it look like an accident."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:35 pm
Karmen would almost roll her eyes at the antics of the beast lord, vile creatures she really didn't want to do anything with them however...to rid herself of the Azure dragons...to be empress herself well she would do what she had to. "You'll get the blood that is owed to you, we all will but going in now would just be your death and not his." she said simply, though the idea about burning the source of the vineyards and then blaming the Azure clan she smirked. "I'll see if I can gather more information...as well as pin it on the correct Azure beast...someone I feel close to the princess maybe...turn Karyu's anger towards her slowly he'll question the alliance...she'll be to scared to act with his anger flaring." she said nodding her head.

Willow chuckled a bit at Karyu "well with the way you state it it almost sounds rather dull." she said warmly towards him, "though if you feel its to much...perhaps we could start incorporating my clans colors as well. The people should start seeing our house colors together, in just a short matter of time we will be united so it would be perhaps best that way? I'll also ask to start getting the vines planted in a private garden so you can have fresh stock right at home...I actually have one that I've nurtured myself i...was going to give it to you on our wedding night but...I thought it would be a good gift....but not sure now..since you've given me this.." her fingers traced the gem around her neck he had given her. "im sure its a pale gift to this..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:10 pm
"That is not a bad idea. We need the rage of the Crimson to consume him, blind him like his father."Jidan said "Once that happens, it will be easy to take control of the kingdom. Let us all adjourn our meeting before this location get discovered as well. Karmen I'll be relying on you for that information, my spies will be in touch"he said with a nod of his head as he put his hood back on

"Red and blue hm.....so together.....purple....that shall be the color of our new alliance and the True Dragonkin. Our heir shall bear the purple and gold banner of our people."Karyu said with a nod of his head before hearing her continue on about the fruit "I think that would be a wonderful gift. This allegiance wouldn't have happened had I not stumbled across the cooling qualities of your dragonfruit. If you didn't give me the same effect as those fruit, I don't think we would be as successful as we are so far. I will treasure your gift with my life"he said as he reached out gently taking her hand in his, the contact instantly sending sparks down each of their bodies as he gently kissed the back of her fingers as his eyes began to take on an alluring, hypnotizing effect "A gift given to me by my wife is an honor"he said as he was slowly pulling her in closer as his eyes never broke contact with hers as he ran the back of his hand gently across her cheek as he leaned in just as the door burst open and Vorkea and Selene reentered after the General's bath as Karyu blushed slightly as they pulled away from each other as he cleared his throat "So purple and gold banners it is then"he stated eyeing Vorkea angrily at the knowing smirk on the older man's face
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:26 pm
“My men will be ready to carry out the deed once everything is place.” Asia said as she too lifted her hood and nodded to both of them before vanishing into the night.

Selene looked up to the Princess for a moment before lower her gaze after she quickly glance to the Emperor. “Apologies, your Majesties... we didn’t mean to interrupt you.“
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:11 am
Karmen would nod her head as she looked at the other lords, "you know where to have them find me." she said with a smirk, everything was coming together...she would become empress and those 'dragons' specially that wench would be gone and she would have what ever...whom ever she desired. Grabbing her own hood she slid it over her hair, stepping out into the night and back towards her 'royal' highness.

Willow thought about the color choices "that would look regal, after all purple is said to have been a royal color choice in other kingdoms." she said with a nod, moving along the halls though as the discusion went back to the vines for the wine. "It is a rather interesting quality that it has and I am...glad that it helps you..." though her voice trailed off as his hand reached out grabbing hers, a shiver rippled through her at the sudden direct contact. A burning warmth rippled through her and she looked up at him, "I wasn't aware that...being with me...Milord was also calming...you.." she whispered just as his fingers brushed against her cheek. Her heart starting to throb in her chest more so as he leaned forward till the doors suddenly burst open.

Vorkea voice booming out "you'll rather enjoy the palace...." though his voice trailed as he looked over at his King and the Princess, a smirk on his lips oh he knew exactly what was about to happen as he noticed Karyu's cheeks even a shade rosier. "I'm sure the young lord was just going on about the palace and got a bit passionate about it." he said but oh he knew. Willow would take a step back quickly, as she cleared her throat "it is..alright Selene I was simply telling Lord Karyu of the wedding gift I wished to give him...He was simply telling me how honored he was to have such a gift"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 am
"Indeed that is true"Karyu said while still glaring at Vorkea feeling an incessant amount of rage suddenly building inside him having been removed from Willow's calming aura as he stepped aside "Excuse me"he said to Willow remembering that he had frightened with his earlier fireball and fear of fire "You all might want to cover your ears"he said as he waited until they were good until he proceeded to let out a thunderous roar as his eyes flashed all around though no flame came from his mouth and after a few moments the shaking building died down and Karyu sighed leaning against the wall "I can promise you that my actual castle doesn't shake, this embassy is poorly built for a Crimson establishment."he said then looked at Vorkea "You knew I was in here, you should have made your presence known Vorkea"he snapped at his General though keep taking glances over at Willow still unable to take his ruby gaze off of her "See to it that we are not interrupted again."he stated

"I am very much looking forward to the day we wed Princess Willow."Karyu said now that he was calm again letting his rage out "And I think your gift is the perfect choice for someone who deals with a curse as severe as I do."he said with an almost sad look in his eye for just a moment before it was gone. Though it was revealing to her that he viewed his constant state of rage as a curse where other Crimson before him looked to it as a sign of strength and power.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:20 am
Selene looked up to Vorkea. “Starting toe believe your offer to show me around was a ruse to taught his majesty.” She said with a smirk and a raised brow
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 pm
Willow would look over at Karyu the rage that was building she was worried, she had only heard of the horrible side of it all from his fmaily...their rage would destroy cities and lives yet here he was...doing what he could to contain it. Though as he steppd away feeling the building shake she would close her eyes taking a deep breath to keep herself calm, he wasn't his father...he was going to be her husband in just a few days time. Though as Karyu turned on Vorkea the old soldier would just chuckle "why Milord you wound me so...you act as if I know the boy that I helped raise" he said with a grin but he would nod his head of course to his order "Of course milord...I will be sure to knock" he glanced at Selene then with a smirk "keeps him on his toes.." he whispered to the young lady.

Willow couldn't help but laugh a bit watching how the General and the young prince were interacting it was rather darling when Karyu returned and would bring up how he saw his rage as a curse she would shift some before she would take a deep breath and stepped towards him. Her hand reaching out slowly gently taking his as she brought his hand to her chest as she placed both hands over his, "we all have our strengths....our weakness but it takes a truly strong person to admit they need help....and as your wife...well future...wife...I...I want to do my part to help you Karyu...." she said stating his name her blue eyes moving up to his crimson colored ones.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:35 pm
Karyu glared at Vorkea again "I heard that"he snapped at the older man before he felt another spark race down his body as she grabbed his hand bringing it to her chest and felt her hands squeeze his before he closed his eyes briefly letting a half smirk cross his lips "To think that I would be freely accepting someone else's help, I never thought I would see the day"he said though squeezed her hand in return "Alright, I will accept your help, and together we shall usher in a new era of prosperity for all the land to rejoice"he said "I never thought you to be one so bold, this new side of you, intrigues me"he said before realizing they still had an audience "Is there a reason you two are still here?"he questioned still obviously annoyed his walk through the embassy with her was being interrupted, if only he were closer to his chambers, he would have captured the princess and finally been able to calm the urge that had been growing within him from the moment they had first shared a touch that sit his body aflame *What has this woman done to me?*he asked himself though couldn't take his eyes off of her
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:39 pm
Selene chuckled softly at Vorkea taunts before turning back to their leaders. Her mirth dimmed subtly, not wanting anyone to notice. Her princess....her eventual Queen...and friend....she derseved so much more then to be saddled as the wife of a murdering tyrant. That’s was opinion at least. She felt the tingling of a vision coming on....brief glimpses of Red and Blue dragons flying over the kingdom filled her vision before she forced it away. Gripping her hands together tightly as she breathed through the pain of forcing her vision to subside. Only willow knew.....she only wanted Willow to know. She saw only once before what one with her ability had been subjected to and would rather die before she was met with the same fate.
“Shall I retrieve the gift for you?” She asked
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 pm
Vorkea would just smirk some as he stood there but of course he would bow his head towards his lord "of course milord we where just leaving" he stated simply glancing at Selene "i'm sure the prince can wait to see his gift...we should allow them...some more time together lords know they won't have a moment to breath in the coming days." he said gently reaching out to grab Selene's shoulder but would notce her eyes glossing over.

Willow noticing it as well soon moved over to her dearest friend, as she would speak softly "we can talk about it later...." she said hoping she would only hear it then shook her head at her question about getting the gift. "no General Vorkea is right a few more days can't hurt to wait...besides i want it to get a bit more used to the weather here" she said happily to Selene.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:57 pm
Karyu raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything as his hand returned to his side as Willow moved over to Selene "That's right, tomorrow we shall return to the castle which is a bit more inland, but up in the mountains so it is cool and well protected."he explained "A caravan of merchants has already set off this morning for the imperial city and soon after they set up, your people will be moving in as well. Everything is as according to plan."he said with a nod before noticing both people were looking at Selene "Is she alright?"he questioned not recognizing that glassy eyed look
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 pm
She cleared her throat and nodded, “yes my lady.” She said as her eyes began to clear, but not before a vision played again of a man in black striking down the princess....the problem with the vision was....it was happening with in seconds. As her sight cleared she gasped “assassin.”
As the word left her lips, a man shrouded in black emerged from behind a pillar and charged at Willow with a dagger. “FOR THE EMPIRE!”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:53 pm
Willow would shake her head as she looked over at Karyu "it is nothing to fret about...its just the weather difference we are used to much...colder climets" she said as she looked at her friend, hoping that would help though when she heard Selene speak 'assassin' Willow couldn't help but turn slowly just as the man clad in black rushed out. A blade held out its purpose to plunge into her chest as she gasped in shock her blue eyes suddenly flashing becoming slits matching that of a serpent not human. The air becoming suddenly cold but before anything more could happen Vorkea stepped forward pushing both women back as he slammed his fist into the mans face while reaching out grabbing hold of his wrist and twisting the man was flipped before then slammed to the floor, the knife clutched in Vorkea's hand blood dripping to the floor but he didn't care as his voice bellowed out "Guards!!!" suddenly men clad in crimson armor of reds and golds rushed out. "You allowed an Assassin in!" the general barked out rage filling his voice but he knew all to well Karyu would be worse. "I want you ALL to sweep this fucking CITY and drag this man to the gallows! An attack on the royal line is death."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:02 am
"Don't bother I'll do it myself"Karyu seethed as he walked up to Vorkea grabbing the man by the throat and dragging him onto the open balcony as he bellowed out his fury "Let this be a demonstration for those who oppose me!"he roared as he then threw the man high into the sky as his eyes burned red as a funnel of fire came erupting out of his mouth as the man could be heard screaming before eerie silence rang out as nothing but ashes remained by the time Karyu quelled his flame. "Vorkea personally see to it that whatever accomplices this man has are rooted out and destroyed before returning to the palace. I want these men eradicated." he growled out furiously as his anger boiled over "Our plans have changed, Willow and I will leave tonight, under the cover of darkness. If they are already in my Embassy then they may know our plans to leave tomorrow morning."he stated before turning to Willow "Are you alright?"he asked, his breathing still labored from the chore of remaining as calm as he currently was
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:48 am
Selene turned to Vorkea and pulled the decorative sash off her dress and moved to his side. “You stopped the blade with your hand.....lucky this isn’t deep.” She said and quickly wrapped it around his palm to stem the bleeding before looking to Willow. “Princess are you hurt?” She asked worriedly
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum