The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

The Dragon and the Fox Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Dragon and the Fox Part 2

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:25 pm
Miaka took a seat on some cushions near Sendai while Yukine and Sabreal sat in front of him. Sabreal nodded and held out his arm and let his blue flames role up and reveal the markings to the elder demon. “I feel rather stupid for not having noticed earlier. It’s not that the powers had felt strange....but the entire change has taken some getting use to.”

Inuyasha glared at his brother and rubbed his head and was ready to snap back at him when their father appeared. He let his hand go to his side and he thought back to the many times he had lost control of himself to his Yokai half. It filled him with a sense of regret and shame as more then one of those memories carried a weight of guilt for having harmed those he cared about. Namely kagome. He looked back up to his father and nodded. “I will be.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:02 pm
Asura shook her head as he stepped through the portal noticing as Artemis was quick to leave once she went through and she looked over at her brother, "trouble in paradise there little brother?" she asked with a small smirk chuckling a bit. "seems your girl is running off without you"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:09 pm
"As I could well imagine. I do not know much about your kind, but I could presume that switching from one type of internal magic, your holy and light magic, to the complete opposite, dark and fire, would definitely take an adjustment period"Sekai said as he walked up to Sabreal looking over his arm before he too began casting certain spells as Saberal's flames began to grow bright and bright though still did not burn him "Yukine's spell needs a bit of fine tuning in order to bring out your full potential....you may feel a couple of small tingles"he said as he continued casting spell after spell as the flames continued to grow more and more until they fully engulfed Sabreal's entire body much like the first time when Yukine cast her spell on him though now a cool darkness, Sabreal's demonic energy starting to form now that the spell was being completed to go along with his fire

"Good, because you'll need to be. I will be able to take you all to the barrier and help you open it along with with Sesshoumaru, however after that it's up to you to retrieve the fang and make it back to the barrier opening so we can get you all out of there."Toga stated looking down at his son before putting his hands on both of his shoulders "Hey, don't stress to hard about it Inuyasha, I know you'll be able to do this. I believe in you my son."

Akuma glared at his sister before sighing "I don't even have the energy to argue with you. Nor do I want to talk about it. Besides, what did you and Dad talk about? Isn't that the reason Lady Sayuri's so pissed off anyway was because he came to talk to you?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 pm
His physical appearance didn’t change save for the marks that the flame had been able to reveal became a not prominent and permanent feature. The pure white lines etching themselves into his flesh for all to see. His flames deepened in hue and could almost appear black in certain angles and the heat rolling from them was intense, not the effected the southern cats, but anyone else who was unlucky enough to be with in the vicinity of the room would suffer from the heat and possibly experience a terrible burn or two. “I....can feel it....as if I could hold the sun in my hands.....”

Inuyasha nodded hesitant, he didn’t want to let anyone down, but compared to everyone else in the palace, he was the weakest amount them. Even Sabreal, not that he’d say it to the angles face, was stronger then Inuyasha and he still hadn’t even tapped into his new found powers.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:07 pm
"Nothing to worry your head, I just had to have a heart to heart with him simply" she said simply waving him off as she brushed her hair from her face and yawned. "Hmm man...Im exhausted" she stated simply and raised her arms stretching. "till we are off again I'm taking a damn nap...those beds felt like I was sleeping on bricks" she began to make her way towards her own room. "have fun charming your girl....don't forget to tell Raizen about it, sure he'll LOVE to hear his precious Akuma is wanting to bed his daughter"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 pm
"More like a Midnight Sun, but exactly that"Sekai said as he finished his spellcasting as the flames bound themselves to his body before disappiating "There we go, that should fix her spell and make you feel as good as new"he said "Why don't you try giving your new abilities a whirl, shoot the biggest blast you possibly can at me, expend all the energy you can muster. Don't worry I'll be perfectly fine."he stated

"I can smell the worry on you Inuyasha"his father said with a frown "Perhaps over these next few days, we do some training on getting you to control your inner youkai....you only need to do it briefly...just long enough to pick up the sword.....I think you can handle it"

"Yeah yeah, dont you think you should get started on even trying to find someone to be your mate?"Akuma challenged back to his sister "Ya know as the Empress you got to carry on the bloodline at some point."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:43 pm
Sabreal looked hesitant till miaka spoke up. “Don’t worry, whatever harm you think you can cause him, he can do to you on a much larger scale. Think of this as....initiating you into the family.@ she said with a smirk, mainly aimed at her sister. Sabreal nodded stiffly before standing and backing up across the room. He focused on bringing his flames to his hands to form a flaming orb between his palms. He focused on the ord and the kind of impact he wanted it to have and from his thoughts a deep black center mass formed in the blue flames before he fhrew it at the lord of the south
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:50 pm
"Oh ho my what a powerful flame you possess"Sekai said as he finally opened his usually closed eyes as the flames neared him and stuck his body but as Sabreal went to react Yukine pulled his sleeve back and motioned towards where her father had been standing as they noticed the flames around him seemed to be acting differently as they seemed to be funneled around and as the smoke cleared it could be seen that Sekai was inhaling the flames as his stomach rose slightly before he swallowed them all with a soft burp "Ah excuse me"he said with closed eyes once more and a smile "Quite a potent fire you have there. Continue to refine your abilities and you will indeed be a force to reckon with my young angel"he stated with a soft chuckle
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 am
“What...how did...?” He asked and looked at his hands and then back to Sekai. “That was an incredible feeling!” He said suddenly ecstatic

“I....I’m honestly not sure.” He admitted, and he hated admitting something like this in front of his pompous brother. Sesshoumaru would never let it go. “But I’ve seen what my Yokai does to those I have cared about and still have in my life. This mission to collect the artifacts is important and I don’t want to screw it up....”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am
Sekai let out a chuckle "Sometimes it is necessary to just let lose and let all your power go from time to time. As long as you have someone on the other end that can handle it that is"he said as he walked up to Sabreal patting him on the back "And you have just that in entering this family. All of us are fire resistant to some extent or another"he said "It is our gift from Lord Sol, the man who is the embodiment of the Sun itself."he said "ANd he'll be watching over you as well now too. Make sure you take good care of my youngest daughter now"he said as his eyes opened once again focused on Sabreal "Or there will be more than hell to pay. If you think Yukine is a handful when she's upset I warn you to never cross onto my bad side"he said in a serious tone before smiling again as his eyes closed "Now who wants some tea?" "Oh I do papa!"Yukine grinned

"I understand your sentiment. ANd the struggles you have had before. That is why Sesshoumaru and I are here to help train you in order to get control long enough to focus and grab the sword. After that you can grab your Tessaiga and return to normal. But you can't pick it up unless you're in your daiyoukai state"their father said as Sesshoumaru nodded "We will help"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:57 pm
Miaka snorted a bit as she remembered a similar look on sesshoumarus face. A looked of wide eyes, loss of color but an air of awe and respect for the Southern lord. “I’ll have one as well....Sabreal?” She questioned and he agreed with a simple nod as he retook his seat. “Yes please....”He said and crossed his legs. “While father makes his wonderful tea, Levy don’t you and I practice a bit on some very basic fire spells.” Miaka said to try and ease the Angels mind

“Thank you.” He said and looked up to his older brother. “Means a lot.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Asura simply ignored her brothers comments, as if she had the time to try and find someone remotely enough to be worthy to give her an heir. Her mother was lucky and the man she married traveled with her from the beginning, for this 'princess' Asura only had her brother...at first it had crossed her mind to just more or less do it with her twin brother. It wasn't something demons much carried about if one was related to them or not, they were so mixed as it was with dragon, fox, human, war demon, really if they added a inu or a cat they would be all the races in there. However, Inuyasha was smitten with a human and as far as she knew there wasn't a male cat other than the old Southern Lord himself even available. That thought made her shudder as she shook her head, "damnit...why did I even think of that..." she said mostly to herself as she kept walking heading towards her room she just more or less wanted to be alone..or as alone as she could be now that Kurama was in her head too.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:34 am
Yukine laughed at Sabreal's expression "Yeah, everyone thinks my Dad is timid because he spends his days doing research and lounging about but really it's all just a ruse and under the surface he's still a powerful Daiyoukai. There's a reason that crazy wizard Yami served underneath my father after training him for all those years....and his tea is really good"she commented before nodding to her sister "Count me in. I want to see what other powers having this wand will grant me"she commented

Sesshoumaru nodded his head once again to his brother "Just make sure you're prepared. We will not be taking it easy on you. The journey will continue when we feel you have obtained sufficient enough control to do this. Besides, it seems you all are due for a bit of a reprieve. You've done well to retrieve two of the artifacts so quickly already."

It wasn't long before she ended up finding Raizen casually wandering the halls as he paused as they approached one another as he dug his finger into his ear before flicking away the wax "Why the long face brat? Your Daddy told me you had some issue with your power. Ya losin it on me? Do you need an ass whoppin to get you back into shape?"he asked with a devilish grin
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:33 am
“Let’s start with something small and pretty basic. When you start fire training, we start with already present physical flame.” She saidnand looked to a candle in the desk beside her. She reached out and plucked the flame from the wick as if it were a flowers from the field. “This is basic flame manipulation. This can be done with any flame and best to learn before you learn to conjure so that you can learn the feel of the flames. Feel how it moves.....make it grow or shrink.”
Miakas hands moved in fluid motion as the flame dance between her fingers like a snake, growing and shrinking. “Think of it as it’s own living creature. It needs air to live. It gives light and life and can easily destroy., respect it and it shall obey.” She said and held out the flames to Sabreal who took it, eager to learn

Inuyasha nodded, “what’s the best way to try and learn to control it? He asked them.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:10 am
Asura had her eyes closed as she was relying on just her hearing and her memories of how the halls were, she memorized every hall, every passageway in this palace that she could walk it blind folded. A time she did that for because she wanted to be like her father, thinking he just simply was blind till her mother explained just how exactly Wu saw the world around him. Though when she heard Raizen's voice, her eyes opened and she looked at him "The ass you should be beating is my brothers" she said, matching his grin. "Apparently he's asked your new daughter to be his mate..." she wanted to get off the subject of her abilities she still had to wrap her head around things.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm
"That's right. Fire is an especially temperamental element to control. It is strongly driven by the caster's emotional state, especially when conjuring fire."Yukine said as she watched Sabreal take the flame "Try to see if you can make it change shape, turn the flame into a ball, and then back into its original form again"she suggested as she conjured a small flame on the tip of her finger as it transformed into a flaming sphere before turning back into a regular flame once more

Raizen blinked before shrugging it off "So be it"he said offhandedly "Marry for politics or love, I don't care. All you have to be to win my approval is strong and the boy is that...if not too smart for his own good. As long as his fists remain heavy and I can fight him as much as I want."he said "Now for you"he said before holding out his hand and sending a large wave of energy here way even though they were still inside the palace walls "Quit moping around like some sad child and get back to fighting with passion!"he roared out still grinning
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:24 pm
“Alright.” He said and held his hands around the flame to mold it and miaka chuckled. “Not like that. With your thoughts or feelings.” She explained. “Part of those in mizens line, once we reach adult hood have to preform in a ritual to prove they are ready. We are engulfed in flames and must control it cast it back out. Often it takes on a form from our inner thoughts.” She explained.
Sabreal nodded as he Jhelum his hands open and let his mind form the orb at will. It soon took the shape of an orb and she smiled before the shape reverted into its original form
I’m
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm
Asura wasn't in the mood to put up with any of Raizen's crap, now that he stole her thunder with attempting to have her brother taunted by the war demon. She should have known better, as soon one of her tail soon reacted slamming the blast to the side causing the hall to shake and the stone to crack. "I"m in no mood today Raizen so back off" she said glancing back at him, "go train your daughter or beat in Akuma's head just leave me alone" she turned to start walking away again. It wasn't that she didn't want to fight....she was unsure if her abilities....would be the same
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 pm
"That's right. I remember when someone's fire burst into a big flaming dog to the shock and awe of no one because we already knew how she felt about a certain dog....not saying any names"Yukine teased her sister with a grin as she faced Sabreal "You did it! Wow that was fast....do you also have a natural affinity for magic?"she wondered

Sesshoumaru and his father exchanged a glance before Sesshoumaru spoke "We are going to fight you in that form until you learn to master it. It is time for you to learn to conquer that which is holding you back."he stated "You continue to be the weakest among us, though within you lies the strength of Tenzen. It is time you learn to tap into that power."

Raizen charged up another full sized ball of energy launching it at her once more "Last time I checked you weren't your mother. I don't take orders from children."he said as he began walking up towards her with a glint in his eye "Somethings got your panties in a bunch and I'm going to be the one to straighten you out."he stated "So you either fight back...or die."he said as his aura soon began spiking upwards very rapidly to the alarm of the others in the castle who could sense his energy
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:10 pm
Miaka gave her sister a dirty look before turning back to Sabreal. “Angels have an affinity for light magic. Our vessels at one point I believe were made of pure light before being given flesh form. NOw I think with what magic of fire I had before is helping.” He said then nudge at yukine with his shoulder, “plus I have a few good tutors.”

Inuyasha swallowed hard, but he knew it had to be done. “Alright....but only if there is a barrier around the training area.” He said firmly. “I won’t risk getting loose in that state of mind.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 pm
Asura turned again quickly her hand held up as she punched through the blast, it would split her skin and burn the flesh but she didn't seem to notice as she glared at him. "I'm sure you know the rules on fighting inside" she said, but a dark smirk slid over her lips as a dark glint formed in those eyes something he hadn't quiet seen before....he could almost sense Kurama's aura as she stood there. "but fine you wanna fight old man....I could use the distraction" she yelled as she soon shot forward, her nails suddenly becoming like black blades as shadows wrapped around her her anger, fear...everything welling up inside of her.....but there was something off about her. She was putting 'to much' into her strikes as if she doubted her abilities
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:52 pm
Yukine laughed softly shaking her head "I don't think I've been much of a tutor so far....I barely understand what exactly the spell I cast has even done to you"she pointed out "But you do seem to have a natural talent for this than I expected."she stated "I wonder if there are other types of magic besides light and fire that you would be talented with as well? Oh! Maybe we should do an affinity test!"

Sesshoumaru scoffed at his younger brother "Are you implying that we wouldn't be able to put you down should you get out of hand? You flatter yourself Inuyasha"he stated as his father shook his head "Now, now, it never hurts to err on the side of caution when it comes to these matters. We will have Lady Ryoko erect a barrier around the training grounds just to be safe."

"Rules?"Raizen scoffed "When have rules ever applied to me?"he retorted though raised an eyebrow at her energy and collided fists with hers as she launched forward. Though her energy was ripping at his skin, the old War Demon showed no signs of pain or backing down as he traded blows with her though noticed her fighting was off from how it usually was "Why are you trying so hard? You are overcompensating and pushing more energy into your attacks than necessary."he said as he casually deflected her blows "It's almost like you aren't even trying...yet trying too hard. What's going on in your head? Where's your training?"he questioned
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm
“Remind how you lost your arm the first time Sesshouamr.” Inuyasha said with a smirk.

“What is an affinity test?”
“It’s a test to see what kind of magic you can use.” Miaka explained. “Father do you happen to know if we have things to do an affinity test?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 pm
Asura would pause when Raizen called her out, she shifted gripping her hands together as her claws dug into her flesh cutting it. She should have known she couldn't fool the master of war himself...the one who taught her everything she even knew about fighting, blasting one away with a single hit she would close her eyes as he could sense it even more. "I don't know..." she stated finally admitting it, her father had already sensed it...but she never admitted it out right. "in those caves...getting that wand....I was...powerless.." it made her grit her teeth. "Power...strength...everything I've trained for...was...useless down there..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:49 pm
"You've realized you've not beaten me in a fight since then, even with one arm"Sesshoumaru said holding out his restored left arm "And now it's back, care to try it again, little brother?"he growled out as his father hit them both on top of the head "Now, now boys, save it for the actual training."he said wagging his finger "I'm sure there is a lot of animosity you two can't wait to get out, but let your blades do the talking, not your mouths."

"Ah I believe I do"Sekai said as he rose from his plush pillow as he began rummaging through his things before smiling "Ah, this will do for now, element paper"he said as held out small pieces of talisman sized paper with runes etched into the sides "Elemental paper is one of the simpler ways to determine your basic elements, sometimes it will take more than one if there are multiple elements you are talented in. All you have to do is hold one in each hand and channel your youki into it. If you are only strong in one element, than both papers will light up the same, if you are strong in multiple, than multiple elements will appear in each hand."he said as he held up two pieces of paper which instantly flashed bright red for fire, and brown for earth. Yukine also grabbed two papers in which one flashed red and icy blue "I'm not named Yukine for nothing"she laughed

"Ahh, I see, you've hit "the wall" huh?"Raizen said as he lowered his fists as he walked up to her "You've been so strong all your life, that when the time comes where your raw power doesn't have the same effect, you don't know what to do, and because of your doubt, your power shrinks into itself."he said as he sat down cross legged in his usual manner as his bushy white hair pooled around him "I remember the first time I hit the wall, the first time I was actually beaten in battle....I didn't know what to do with myself. I trained and trained and trained yet no matter how hard I pushed myself in training, it felt like I was getting weaker not stronger."he said as he closed his eyes briefly reflecting on the time "It was a real struggle to get my bearing after that."he said "Every day I just wanted to destroy something, hit harder, cause larger explosions...but nothing seemed to restore my confidence. Not until I realized something."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum