The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Crimson Petals upon the Wind - Page 20 Empty Re: Crimson Petals upon the Wind

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm
“Well I don’t think it’ll affect him the rest of his life, but it may take some time for the poison to fully work itself out of his system if we cannot find a proper cure.”Magi said before looking over at her, bending at the waist to her level as he looked at the gem “Hm......there is a potent magic lying dormant in these crystals.....are you a Ren?”he asked curiously as he raised his eyebrow tapping his staff on the ground again, silencing Sesshoumaru’s growls as he drifted off into a light sleep “Let’s let him rest up while we talk.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 pm
Sayuri raises a brow at him as he said he knew much about youkais burn she would nod her head. “Yes, Sayuri Ren when my family was killed I ran to the western lands where Taisho found me. Sincerely then I’ve been with his family and it wasn’t till recently did Sesshoumaru and i became mates and we came here to reclaim my home land.”

She figured he didn’t need to know just how a Ren survived but she explained it anyways. “This gem was my mother’s but I have yet been able to use it as she did.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 pm
"Well of course you can't silly child, that crystal has not been attuned to your aura."Magi said as he took two fingers as he gently plucked the crystal as it let out a pure ring around the room "It's getting there, but it still radiates the residual magic of its previous owner, that being your mother from what you are telling me."he said "And justly so. I did say there was a dormant energy. That is representative of you. You have not truly tapped into your potential to heal. Meaning you don't do it quite enough yet to open that second reserve of youki stored up inside of them. Most those descended from Lady Luna use crystals to contain and harness their magic. Like the Ren. The magic that comes from that crystal is the magic your mother left in it to train you in her healing arts. Over time as you grow stronger your own magic will begin to fill the crystal as well. In fact, I believe it already has begun."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm
Sayuri flinched as the man took the crystal from the necklace she wore it on, she did not care for him just taking what he wanted from her, but seeing the aura that seemed to form around it made her stand there in a bit of wonder. It was rather beautiful she could almost feel her mothers presence within it as she then looked back at him, "I've used a bit of it earlier when healing his injury....and only a few times before when I was younger" she stated looking at the crystal. "How do I train it more? is it possible that I can remove the poison from Sesshoumaru using it?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am
"Hmmm that could be possible one day yes"Magi said giving her the crystal back "However, you don't train crystal. You train yourself. The crystal is just a reflection of your inner power. So how do you train yourself you ask? Practice. The best way to grow magic is to use it daily. Even if it isn't healing magic per say, using magic expands your pool of energy ever so slightly. As your pool of mana reaches it's limit, the rest of it will begin filling up the crystal. Once that crystal is filled, I'm sure you'll have the healing capacity to remove the toxins completely from Lord Sesshoumaru. Whether that takes one month, or one year, or one century depends entirely on you. Sesshoumaru will live, that you do not have to worry about. He is young, and he is strong. But he wont be back to his original self until the poison is removed."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm
Sayuri glanced back over towards Sesshoumaru as he slept in the bed, she knew he would probably need as much rest as possible as she then looked at Magi as he explained how she could further her magic potential as she nodded. "very well, there is bound to be some magical studies that I can use....I am sure you can probably tell that there is more to these lands than just a ruined and burned past." she said simply, before turning to leave to allow him to follow. "We were going to notify Lord Inu No Taisho of it, but well you are a trusted advisor I would gladly take your opinion on these matters." Sayuri would lead him to her father's study letting the barrier 'down' for him to pass before then moving to the family portrait as she pushed it aside revealing the dark staircase behind it. "a vast network of tunnels, chambers, etc...exist beneath where the castle once stood we feel that they could easily connect all over the isle themselves....there's also these..." she gently ran her fingers against the wall as the dark ruins lit up the walls. "I'm sure your well aware of how my family honored Yami as a god."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:00 pm
"Most intriguing"Magi said as his own markings on his skin began lighting up as well "I am indeed aware of the Ren's connection with Yami. I am a Magician of Chaos after all. However this deep of a connection I was not aware of."he said as he peered into the darkness of the catacombs as he then held out his hand as gold dust blew from his lips swirling into a small golden bird which flew into the catacombs "It will map out the area of the mazes. In the mean time, did your father have a journal or tomb or grimoire? Most talented mages tend to keep the likes somewhere."he said before turning to her "Speaking of talented mages...you wish to grow your skill in the magics? Become my apprentice. Lady Izanami's magics pale in comparison to my own."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:16 pm
Sayuri watched him, she wanted him to assess this on his own and listen to his own words as she would look at his markings as they glowed faintly even in the darkness, chaos...a worthy word for this Magi. "I do not know much of it myself, I was but a pup when I was forced to leave but we've discovered many chambers one being a private study my father kept many items...im certain in there is this...grimoire or tomb you speak of." she said looking at him, however when he told her to be his apprentice she blinked a few times. "a....an apprentice..." she stated a bit startled, however as she thought over it...it made since without a proper teacher she had no real hope of learning anything not at the pace she needed. "If I do become your apprentice then will you also teach me about these..." she motioned to the runes. "i can read most of them, but I do not understand what they are for and if I wish to uncover the secrets of my family then I must learn about our connection to Yami as well."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:53 am
“Well that is only natural Princess. These runes are the sacred script of Yami himself. These runes give divine protection for those sealed behind its writings. If that is where your father’s study is, then he sealed it for good reason with something this powerful.”Magi said as he looked at her “But I will teach you all about them and much more of the arcane arts. Does that mean you will accept then? You have nothing but time while Prince Sesshoumaru is out of commission.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 pm
"well as you said...I have nothing but time" she said with a smile, she couldn't sit behind Sesshoumaru's shadow forever she was his wife...and future lady of the west so she needed to show the others that she was just as formidable as her mate. "Where do we begin Master?" she asked bowing her head towards him then stood back up with a smirk.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 pm
"Oh??? My,. You are quite the eager one. I hadn't had anything planned just yet but we can work with something."Magi said as he reached into his robes producing a small metal sphere that was heavy and dense and cool to the touch as he put it in her hands "This is a training ball. It has special reflexive magic properties. I want you to go take it somewhere and put it down and try to make it float only using your magic. To learn the power of the arcane your magics are still too weak. When you can make this stone float you will be ready for my teachings. Also a gift."he said as he reached into his robes again producing a thick book "All my wisdoms and spells and knowledge transcribed. It's enchanted so as it happens in my life it is automatically written down. I know what I do in my daily life so no point in me hanging onto it. As my apprentice, it is now yours until you have left my tutelage. Study it well."he said patting her on the shoulder "Now I'm going to go into your father's library and study some of his things left behind. After which I am going to follow my little birdie into the catacombs. I will be back to check on you and Prince Sesshoumaru before nightfall."he said before walking away
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm
Sayuri felt the weight of the ball in her hands, the cool stone felt rather nice against her skin as she tested its weight in hand. It weighed quite a bit and to lift it with magic would indeed be a feet as she nodded “simple but I’m sure the task is far harder than it sounds.” Easy was not something she ever did, there was no easy route in life, one that was made clear since she was a pup.

The tomb was another matter as she slid the orb into the curve of her arm while grasping the tomb in her free hand, the smell of magic tingling her noise among other things. Turning her head as he moved to the stairs she chuckled “seems you’ve come prepared either way ‘master’ do mind yourself I’m not sure how sturdy some of the halls are.” She states calmly before turning and leaving. She had much to work on as she soon stepped into a side room not far from her and Sesshounaru’s chambers. Setting the orb down she would sit before it and then turn to the tomb looking it over. “Meditation....simple enough..” she muttered.

Taking a calming breath she closed her eyes as she attempted to focus on the orb and lift it.

Sent from Topic'it App
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm
The stone flashed and glowed with the same color as her aura before it simply wobbled a bit and then didn't move again though remained glowing

"Not very easy is it?"came a mysterious voice sounding like Magi, but perhaps a younger version of him as the pages of the tomb began glowing before a tiny paper version of Magi appeared sitting on the edge of the tomb looking at her "Hiyo!"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am
The stone was not easy to move even as it rolled to the side, her hand reaching out to place it back in front of her. Though as she did the voice of magi made her turn just as the paper folded before her, a raised brow was all that he was meet with before speaking “interesting concept is this the true magi or more of a essence based one from the tomb?” Both were the same magi she knew.

“If it’s the one down in the catacombs I do hope your not lost already.” She chuckled a bit.

Sent from Topic'it App
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm
“Very astute, we are one and the same, yet different. I am the magic that enchants the journal to write his thoughts and explorations. Frrom his younger experiments to future endeavors, I jot it all downw and remember it. I will be your tutor when the physical body is busy. You may call me Mini-Magi, or Mini for short.”he said with a salute “Now, it seems we have an apprentice. Attempting to move the training ball hm? This exercise is all about condensing your magic to a single small point. That pressure is what raises the ball.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm
Sayuri shifted on her knees some listening to the 'little magi' and nodded, her attention going back to the orb before her. How long could she take to master this? How long did she even have before her magic would be needed, "very well....so...focus on a more.smaller point on the ball." she closed her eyes again imagining the ball in her mind, another deep breath made her body relax as she rolled her neck some. "sword play was easier..." she muttered softly.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:44 pm
"Mental alacrity is always the hardest thing to train."Mini said as he flipped through the pages in the book "Most magicians look at arcane arts in one of two ways. Magical or scientifically. If your mind things magically, you see elements, the earth in the stone, the air surrounding the ball. You manipulate these forces in order to move the ball. Control the earth in the ball, or control the air surrounding the ball to achieve the goal. If you think scientifically you think about the composition of the ball itself. Those who use a scientific approach to magic would change the density of the ball to make it float by making it weigh lighter than air. Or the material of the ball itself. Neither approach is right nor wrong, as long as it does the intended job."he explained "That is what it means to study the arcane. There can be six ways to summon a spirit, because the goal is to get the spirit summoned."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:15 pm
"So depending on how I see the world depends as well on my magic itself.." She said simply while still looking at the orb, she wasn't really one for the more scientific method, that was more of her husbands area as he was calculating and exact, seeing the world just as it was and nothing much more. You either were something or you just were not it was that simple, she usually always made things a bit more complicated, which at times she knew drove the youkai mad that his wife was so 'difficult'. A small smirk slid over her lips, thinking of how their childhoods how they butted heads, as she did she remembered playing with a ball her eyes closing. She could remember reaching out for it, Sesshoumaru across from her and she soon bat it back towards him.

As she had that memory in mind, the glass ball before her began to move at first it just 'shook' as if something was attempting to touch it. However, soon it glowed a bit more and then would soon roll away from her and paused then rolled back. A simple childhood memory bringing her back to how 'simple' things could be.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:16 pm
“My, what impressive progress. From a wiggle, to a full on roll.”Mini said clapping his handds “But being able to lift it into the air is an entirely different challenge. But your base level of magic is adequate enough to build upon currently so good job.”he said “I’m sure as you keep pushing power into it, your mana reserves will continue to grow. Then the real fun begins.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm
Looking at the small version of Magi she would then look at the ball, as it moved back and forth, she nodded "well then I guess the more I work at it the sooner it lifts in the air" she stated simply, as she looked back at the ball once again as she sighed heavily rolling her neck slightly. "so other than....doing this, are there other activities to enhance ones magic as well as their reservers....and don't say sex."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 pm
"Sex strengthens the body, the casing for magic, but does not directly grow ones magic itself. Magic comes from two things. Mana and Will. Mana is the physical essence of the energy you use. Different beings use it as different things. The monks use chi. Demons use youki. Sorcerers use mana. It is all the same source. However Will is something that is internal. It's only limiter is the expanse of your own mind. The reason so many wizards are into academia and books is because they need to expand their mind with as much knowledge as possible, thus increasing their willpower. Will is the ability to convert mana into spells and energy. You can know a spell or incantation, and have enough physical mana in your reserves to use it, but if you do not have the willpower to make forth into this world something from nothing, the pure essence of magic, then you will succeed in casting your spells. As is with this ball as well. You must will this ball to defy physical laws that it cannot do on its own through the conduit known as magic. That is the power you are learning to truly possess. That is the power of chaos."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 pm
"So long as I picture it and beleive its possible...then the magic will do as I will is what I'm hearing from you correct?" she asked, her attention returning to the ball yet again she had to will it to be or do what she desired but she at the same time needed to build her own reserves. She had trained her youkai as a pup along side Sesshoumaru, hers was no were near the level as his...then again she wasn't a born daiyoukai either. "The power of chaos also sounds rather daming" she turned her head to look at mini, "the runes that are carved into the very stones of the catacombs the other 'magi' is in....he stated that they were similar to the chaos you both use...was that power the same reason why my father fell? or one reason why we even saw Yami as our god as much as Lun?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 pm
"The power of chaos is not damning. The power of chaos is absolute. Through chaos comes all things. Would we have order, laws, civility in society, if not for chaos and anarchy?"Mini said "Chaos is as much the power to create as it is to destroy. It is an ultimate form of magic, one of the rawest forms of arcane artes you can attempt to learn. Magicians of Chaos are truly masters of spellcraft and through them all things may happen. Chaos is one of the magics Lord Yami wields. The other is darkness. Of the 4 Lords, Yami was known to create the descendants of who? Kurama's ancestor Ginzen the Cunning and Raizen himself was born onto this earth from the will of Yami's magic. Now who came from who? Ginzen was a silver and black fox created from the darkness of space, and the cool light of Luna's moon. Raizen was created from the chaos of fear, war and damnation and fueled with the energy of Sol's fiery hot sun. The power of darkness and chaos are maddening, even deadly, to those whose mind and body are not ready to possess such a tool. Your magic is pure, and your aura has a purifying nature to it, no doubt a gift from the Ren and Lady Luna. The chaos will not corrupt you as it has others. Presumably your father was affected by the maddening effect of the powers he was working with Lord Kurama and Lord Raizen to obtain from Lord Yami. The script written in the catacombs is evidence of this connection. As is your father's abilities with magic not typically wielded by most youkai. The ability to seal time off in a space to preserve it and seal it so that only others of the same blood may enter are advanced level arcane magics"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 pm
Hearing that her father may have been driven mad by the very magic that she was working with made her blood run cold as she sat there, drunk with power and maddened thoughts it was possible that that spiral could have left him vulnerable...but her mother didn't have to suffer along with him. She closed her eyes trying to think, calm herself what was done was done, nothing could be reversed by that but her attention perked when hearing about the spell that left her and Sesshoumaru confused as to how a space such as her father's study and certain parts of the palace were left untouched by time itself. "so then there is something that he was trying to protect within them right? something that could help us here on the isles?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:41 pm
The Mini-Magi shrugged his shoulders “Who knows? Only way to find out the thoughts of a dead man is to discover what it is he left behind exactly. If there was something he wanted to perserve or protect, it would be incased behind whatever his spells were trying to protect. What exactly that is....”Mini said before vanishing as the door opened as the real Magi stepped through “Is to be determined through search and research.”he said ‘Not all mysteries are solved in a day.”he said “Much like those catacombs I just explored, a vast expanse of infinite twists and turns.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum