The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Crimson Petals upon the Wind - Page 11 Empty Re: Crimson Petals upon the Wind

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:14 pm
Sayuri would nod her head still feeling uneasy, she hadn't been back since the night her parents were killed and she could barely recall how she even escaped....she would close her eyes as her mind raced with thought after thought, wondering just how the isles would be now after all this time. Though she would soon slid from the bed and looked back over at him "Sesshoumaru...there is one thing I do need to warn you about the isles...I'm sure your father already knows or at least has an idea...but..." she bit her lip thinking how to word it. "There's an ancient magic upon them, put there before my family called them its home...its the reason it has its name...the reason why...you nor anyone could ever conquer it....I'm sure because of what happened to my parents...the reason why the isles are in chaos...is because the magic senses danger and has started to shift the land in order to protect itself and those who live upon it..."

She had a feeling this information was more or less 'important' that she should have said something long ago, but she couldn't. "I never said anything till now...because as the last of my family to protect the isles and her people...i couldn't reveal what has kept so many at bay...but since..your my mate..that changed and thus I was free to tell you...but your parents and anyone else cannot know....as I am of your house....you are now of mine....and its a secret that we take to the grave."

Izanami would move to sit beside him as she would grab her own glass of tea, "I don't remember you being that testy...then again he is more like me than he is you." she said simply as she took a sip of her tea, though as she sat there she would set her cup down. "Should we warn them about the dangers on that Isle? you hid the fact you came back rather...beat up"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 pm
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow listening to her "I did not know that the Mist Isles were enchanted in such a way. "he said looking at her "No one else wlll know the secrect and it will die with me."he said was he watched her noticing her serious demeanor now as he leaned against the wall listening to her

"He is definitely your child."Taishou said taking a sip of his tea "I will tell him when I give him his gift. Totosai's apprentice forged a blade from one of the demons Sesshoumaru has killed and Totosai has given it to him. It will be a good first sword for Sesshoumaru to destroy."he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 pm
"I don't remember everything my parents told me...I barely understood half of what they said as a child." she stated softly as she would glance towards him, then towards the now open window. "I just know, the an ancient magic lays over those isles for a reason...either to guard a secret or something else....it also be best to enter the isles by sea and not air...its probably the reason why when your father came back from investigating it he was rather beat up...at least he looked like he was when I saw him sneaking in one night after we were suppose to go to bed...." Sayuri as she spoke had moved over to were she had her clothing and pulled out a simple kimono one that could take traveling as she started to undress her back was to him, letting her nightgown slip to the floor before she slid on her other kimono and began to tighten the obi around her waist using the mirror as best she could to tie it correctly.

Izanami nodded her head as she listened for the sound of the two young youkais before speaking again "it be fitting to see what he can accomplish on his own....and if he can tame the isles...their resources and strategic advantage would greatly benift us...not to mention what ever is hidden away on those isles..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:22 pm
Sesshoumaru watched her get dressed as he thought over what she was saying tapping his chin "I will keep it in mind then. It seems we will have to prove that we are there to help and not harm it. I suspect something is troubling it. My father was probably viewed as a threat. We will not be as such"he said as he headed towards the door to get breakfast

"I believe he will encounter other Lord's forces when he is there. Though it was the Ren's everyone has vested an interest in the island. Sesshoumaru will be able to uncover the mystery of what is going on around his mate's lands."Taishou said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:26 pm
"or so we can hope....I've always had a feeling that girl knew more than she told us...when ever talking about the isles even just simply stating their location she only ever gave a vague explanation." Izanami stated as she would soon take a sip of her tea, her ears picking up the sound of footsteps. "Seems our young pups are here."

Sayuri would turn her head looking at Sesshoumaru as he left, she wouldn't be much longer as she soon was moving after him and gave him a faint smile before they entered, she could see Izanami and Taisho both in their spots already drinking their morning tea, though Taisho's had a bit more sugar in it as she would speak "good morning, seems your sweet tooth has come back rather strongly this morning milord" she stated warmly towards her now 'father'
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 pm
"I have a very busy day ahead of me, as do the both of you and I could use the refreshing energy boost"Taishou said as the two of them sat down "Izanami has informed me that she has informed you both that you will be traveling. As such I have brought you both a gift."he said giving a sharp whistle as servants began bringing in their food as well as his gifts "For you Sayuri, I have sealed powerful magic into one of my enchanted pearls and but it in this necklace much like Izanami wears. Let its powers aid you in assisting Sesshoumaru."he said as the servant moved to place the necklace around her neck

"For you Sesshoumaru, a blade named Tokijin. I know you have dreams of a different blade, but his apprentice forged this blade for you to bear to mark your journies as prince. Also I am giving you the staff of Two-Heads as well to give to your ward Jaken so you never get lost."he said as Sesshoumaru bowed taking the blade looking it over once before tucking it at his side
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:44 pm
She would look at the pearl as she would bow her head towards him as she pulled her hair to the side, so that the servant could put it around her neck. "Thank you milord..." she stated with a smile, not sure what she would use it or if its something she would want to use. She then looked over towards Sesshoumaru as he got his first sword.

Izanami would lean back slightly watching the two of them, "we expect you both to use what you've learned over the years in ruling the isles, the pearl that you now have Sayuri is also imbued with a bit of my own magic...it will serve as a link to us directly as we've learned that not all messages can pass through the mist so this can be used to reach us."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:24 am
"This will be your plot of land and your first conquest Sesshoumaru. Do us all proud and bring the west honor."Taishou said to his son as he began eating as Sesshoumaru nodded as he at as well. Soon after breakfast was over Jaken entered the dining hall bowing his head "Lord Sesshoumaru, the preparations are complete, we may leave whenever you are ready"he said bowing
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:00 pm
Sayuri would eat in silence as she thought about her home, wondering just how far it had fallen into chaos and who had caused the death of her parents. When they finished eating and Jaken entered she glanced to the smaller creature before pushing herself up, "I'm going to go see A-Un" she stated leaving her mate to talk to the imp while.

She could see the carriage and the dragon standing there waiting, its two heads twisting back towards her as she smiled. Sayuri raised one had as she strokes one of the heads snout and chuckled "you going to take good care of us?" She asked playfully remembering when Sesshoumaru got the dragon as a gift, she peeked behind her before pulling out a bit of raw meat from her sleeve "this will have to be my last treat for now....so share." She stated giving both heads a snack even though she shouldn't. "I hope everything goes well..." she said the last part more to herself even as one head began to nuzzle her noticing how uneasy she looked.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm
It wasn't too much longer before Jaken and Sesshoumaru made their way outside with Taishou and Izanami in tow as Taishou smiled at his son "Well, if you two are all ready, then you may be away. The servants have loaded your carriage with the essentials and once we receive word the caravan of supplies will head towards towards the sea to set sail to the Isles as well."he said "You two have fun now, I know the path to the isles wont take you that long to get there but enjoy it while you can."he said

Sesshoumaru nodded to his father without saying a word as he turned glancing over at Sayuri before making his way inside the carriage as Jaken climbed outside to the front taking the reins of the flying dragon "Come Lady Sayuri we must make haste"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:44 pm
Izanami would stand there her arms slightly crossed as she would soon speak "Do not allow personal feelings get in the way, you'll do nothing but burden yourself and Sesshoumaru" she left it there and turned to leave, she didn't need to wave them off. Sayuri nodded her head watching Izanami till she heard Jaken speak and she moved to climb into the carriage letting the door shut behind her as she glanced over to Sesshoumaru with a faint smile.

She moved to sit beside him and spoke "guess its just you and me for now" she said warmly as she gently laid her cheek against his shoulder some.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:12 am
"And the imp"Sesshoumaru said with a sigh as he put his arm around her as he opened the side window of the carriage "Proceed Jaken."he said before snapping it closed as Jaken pulled on the reins sharply as the dragon took off rising high into the the sky pulling the carriage along as they headed towards the port that would take them to the Mist Isles as Sesshoumaru closed his eyes deep in thought as she rested against him

Taishou smiled proudly as he watched the carriage take off until it was nothing but a small speck in the sky "Good luck my boy. There may be quite a few changes by the time you come back to the West."he said as he turned around watching Izanami head inside before he turned walking in behind her
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:00 pm
Izanami glanced back behind her towards Taisho as he was coming towards her after watching them leave, "we still have our own schedules to keep Taisho, my scouts have also returned from Raizen's territory....perhaps you can battle that war demon again soon" she stated knowing he'd be some what excited to battle against the war demon.

Sayuri would remain silent as she felt the carriage move through the sky, the sound of Jaken calling to A-Un as he ordered it along, she would only sigh some as she soon opened her eyes to glance at Sesshoumaru. Her hand sliding up to gently trace over one of the marks on his cheek to slightly snap him out of his mind, "what are you thinking so hard over? or have you already completed a years worth of tasks in your head?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:16 pm
Taishou's head cocked curiously to the side as she said that "Oh?"he asked as he headed to his study with her as he took a seat behind his desk "If your scouts have something interesting about Raizen-sama I would like to hear it. As much as I do not like him, I still respect his authority as Lord of the East."he said

Sesshoumaru's eyes snapped open as he looked down at her "Sorry. I am merely curious about what we may find once we reach the isles. They have been left unattened to for many years now. Who knows what we may run into there."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:20 pm
"I'm sure it hasn't changed much" Sayuri stated as she would give him a faint smile, "Some areas are more than likely hidden with an enchantment...i have a feeling that's were most of the villagers and those that lived in the palace went to hide...." her mind drifted back to some of the maps her father used to show her of 'safe' locations.

"If the palace is still standing..even in ruins I could probably find some of the maps father showed me...that would help us locate the safer locations and also set up a good starting trade village between the isles and the west"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:47 pm
Sesshoumaru nodded his head as he listened to her "So the first thing we will need to do is secure the palace again. My father warned me that many beasts from the sea have invaded the shores now that no one has been inhabitating the cities to keep them at bay. That will be my job while you go inside and search the palace for anything you can salvage. I will send Jaken back with those maps and then we can go about locating the villagers and reintroducing them to the West."Sesshoumaru told her as the carriage flew on "Once I am done killing any youkai outside the palace I will join you inside and help you search."

Taishou sat back as he listened to the scouts information regarding what had transpired in the isles as he stroked his chin for a minute thinking deeply "I had reason to suspect Lord Raizen could be behind something like this though he is not smart enough to clean up his own tracks...that is some thing I would expect from Lord Kurama or Lord Sekai...Emperor Yuan can be just as bloodthirsty as Raizen can be so I don't expect him to clean up his mess either though he is a capable fire wielder....there seems to have been some conspiracy to have Tao Ren killed and as his brother blood I will get to the bottom of it."the dog general spoke as he crossed his fingers in front of him as he leaned forward against his desk "Depending on how my letter is received on Sesshoumaru mating Sayuri and the West annexing the Mist, I may have to call a tribunal at the Emperor's palace should any lord show dissent."he told his wife "That way I can see Raizen and Kurama face to face. Sekai is an old friend and Rei Yuan is honorable to a fault. I have little reason to suspect any foul play from them."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:55 pm
"That should be easy enough, depending on how much of it remains..." she stated as she would lean back against the wall of the carrige some. "I barely remember any of it...just bits and pieces of my memory that I can recall." she said simply as she closed her eyes. "but if I'm right...father's study should still have remained...he always sealed it with some sort of magic...so I'm hoping it survived all these years untouched..."

Izanami would look over the letter herself as she sat there before speaking, "The Yuan's as bloodthirsty as they maybe have a bit of a brain unlike Raizen....though if we are suspecting anyone in the deaths of the Rens I'd say it is either the Kurama's or Raizen...those isles have been their greatest desire in trying to take the west...specially when no one but the Ren's knew about what hid on it."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:14 pm
"Well we are nearing the port"Sesshoumaru said as he could feel the carriage beginnging to get lower and lower in the sky "We will be there in a few hours and our journey begins"he said as he looked down at the new blade by his side feeling it's demonic pulse slightly as Sesshoumaru raised his eyebrow *Does this sword think it's aura is greater than my own?*he thought to himself but let it go as he looked at Sayuri "I have faith that you will find exactly what it is we are going to need to get this done."he said calmly as he looked her in the eye

"I hold Kurama and Raizen suspect and will be investigating this matter privately for now. Should I come up with some hard evdience I will approach the Emperor over these charges."Taishou said "He is supposed to be the peacekeeper between the 4 clans after all and we pledge our allegiance to him in return for the promises of peace and prosperity. The Ren are of our blood, if any lord is responsible it is an act of treason and I will personally hold them and the Emperor accountable to their actions."he said with a fiery look in his eyes as he sat back in his chair "The Ren may have abandoned our clan but they did not deserve to die"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:36 pm
Sayuri would smile towards him, as she would raise her hand to gently run it against his cheek. "Thank you...I want my homeland to be safe and prosperus as it was once...so that one day others can live freely as I have since coming to your family and to the west". She just hoped she wasn't to late..and that who or what that destroyed her home...did not already cause more damage than she could repair.

"Tao...was a good youkai, about the only ones I ever actually liked out of the others. He left for a reason and it could have very well been what killed him. But you are right he didn't deserve to die...specially now that his daughter is of our family almost seems fitting that we get some justice for them...to a point.." Izanami stated as she set the letter down back on his desk. "I could go for a drink..." she soon was waving her hand as next thing the door opened as a servant brought in some saki for them. "now that the children are gone, I do not have to babysit."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:47 pm
It wasn't long before the carriage had landed on the topside of a ship as Sesshoumaru opened the carriage door as the ship set off towards the isles as he got out of the carriage looking out at the sea as they ferried over to the isle as he then finally looked down at the sword at his side once again as he drew the blade as a dark red aura seemed to pulse around it in Sesshoumaru's hand "This sword as been trying to fight with me this entire flight."he said as Sesshoumaru's pure white aura began to pulse around him and subjugate the demonic blade under his will until the red aura too now pulsed white as Sesshoumaru slashed the blade through the air as a large crescent shaped energy blade flew from the tip across the water for a long distance before disappearing as Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow at the power of the blade

"Which means you can return to being a spoiled lazy puppy yourself."Taishou said shaking his head as he drank with her "You know Izanami, it's about time I took on a second wife now that Sesshoumaru is grown. There has been dissent with the humans in the West recently and as you know I share the same non-violent attitudes towards humans as the Dragon Emperor. So I was thinking of finding a pretty human woman to play with, one of the nobles daughters that will unite our ties and hopefully set the prime example for the other lands on how to live amongst the humans since they have no offical land to call their own any more."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:58 pm
Izanami would glance over at him, "do what you will Taisho, I havn't stopped you yet and if a human plaything will keep you entertained then by all means do so....I've been wanting to get my own home set up in the skies as is..." she said simply as she took another drink of her saki. She never cared for his love of humans but she never stopped him from it either, she raised her son to be a true daiyoukai that was her desire. "There is one lord though...I hear has only a daughter that is quiet the 'eye' if that interests you Taisho..."

Sayuri would step from the carriage as she took in the smell and sight of the sea that she had crossed so long ago, though when seeing the display of energy she looked to Sesshoumaru. "I didn't like that sword when your father gave it to you...still don't like it now...its energy makes my blood cold." she said as she crossed her arms some, the black pearl that she was given still around her neck seemed to pulse some as well...but with a more..protective aura than one of destruction.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 pm
"I knew that castle idea was going to come back up again"Taishou said as he sighed shaking his head "If you have someone that you deem would be a good fit for this family then arrange a meeting and I will find the girl"he said taking a drink as well

Sesshoumaru looked from the blade to her then back to the blade "This blade has a bloodlust that I have not seen before in a sword. The demon this is made from must have been quite the savage youkai. But it is under my control now, hopefully it will serve it's purpose"he said as he tucked the blade at his side once more as he crossed his arms looking out over the sea again
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:46 pm
"You have to like her enough Taisho" she said as she took a drink before she would soon reach into her sleeve as she pulled out a scroll and tossed it onto his desk. "but there is information that you need, her name is Izayoi, there is also a list of other women." Izanami was rather good at keeping an eye on all the lords of the west, ensuring none of them attempted to cause a cival war and meeting with them over the centuries.

Sayuri watched him slid the blade into his belt, but she would just turn her attention back to the sea feeling the ship already rocking as it moved and parted the water to take them to the isles. 'I'm coming home....' she whispered to herself, her hand gripping her arm tightly. 'I will not leave till I find out what happened' she told herself, and gave her family a proper resting place.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:01 pm
"You are a crafty, crafty woman. Does anyone else know about this list?"Taishou asked he looked over all the names that were written down shaking his head "One would think you were a spy in a past life"he said as he found Izayoi's name "Oh? Her family is the most prominent of the humans in the west as well...hm..."

It wasnt much longer until the ship pulled into port on the magical isle as Sesshoumaru and Sayuri made their way off the ship "It's a straight path to the castle from here, but be on guard, there is a fair chance I may be attacked along the way"he said as he looked over at her from the corner of his eye "Are you ready?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:06 pm
"When I get bored what do you expect me to do? Human lives are fleeting and they die off so quickly, I took it upon myself to at least catalog their simple existince so we know who is who and we are not allowing some...imposter into power." She stated simply, she could be rather devious as she would soon speak. "besides...you enjoy it when I'm....as you say....naughty" she grinned.

Sayuri stepped off the chip and onto the land she left so long ago, though she would look towards him some as she nodded. "We can make it to palace in a few hours this way, though we can make it quicker if we flew but that would bring attention to us....besides..." she glanced away, looking around. "this was a port when I was a child....if there are others still here, they are in one of the enchanted villages and are possibly watching us now...."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum