The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 17 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:36 am
Jineza smiled playfully as she pulled out a parcel from her sleeve and held it out for him, it was green silk with a silver snaked embroidered into the surface. “Best Thank the old cat for his fore thinking.” She said in a slight teasing tone.

Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 pm
His words hit deep, striking her like a blade over and over again as she coudln't think straight as she would grip her bag tightly, her heart racing but as she stood there listening the pain welling up in her chest. However, while the pain whirled inside of her the sky was turning dark as she looked at Gale tears starting to form in her eyes. "then kill him now Gale....if that is what you want to set yourself free of this.....better yet kill my father let Nazuki take his power....im sorry that im just a pathetic little girl who knows nothing of...anything outside of a normal life" a growl of thunder above. "or better yet just kill me....becuase...i can't take this anymore...." she whispered as a tear slid down her cheek thats when the rain began to fall.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 am
Orochinagi's eyes lit up in awe and surprise as he jumped up taking the coin purse "This is amazing! Thank you! I've always wanted to try all these different foods at the festival!"he stated as he headed towards a vendor

"Your father is the only thing like a father I've ever know amd I'm watching him fade away just like you are" Gale.snapped back coldly "My parents abandoned me and took me in and that man right there is the reason he's dying." He said point at Nazuki "So if you want to get angry at anyone than dont use me because it's taking everything in me not exorcise the possessed spirit out of Nazuki and fight Ebisu because it would hurt or kill the host body and it's not his fault and you wouldn't forgive me if I did. You aren't the only one whose trying to save everyone here hime-sama"he told her as his clothing was drenched in the rain "Just because it's hard doesn't make me the bad guy"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 pm
The rain continued to pour down, she wasn't sure what to say or even do as she would close her eyes feeling as if it was hard to even breath she then looked at Gale then she looked to Nazuki before she would turn as she kept walking but the rain almost seemed to pour harder, before she looked back at them just as the rain seemed to stop clearing up but she gripped her bag. "I never thought of you as a bad guy Gale....but if you want to...end this all....heres your chance after all the person you want is standing right next to you." she said softly before she started walking away leaving the two of them behind.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 04, 2019 10:32 pm
Jineza smiled and followed after him happily, glad to see him smile and having fun and enjoying the sound and smells and sights of the festival around them.....unaware of the dangers that watched them from a far. “This is the one that master spoke of?” His a gravely voice from a distance, keeping an eye on Jineza.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 05, 2019 4:50 am
Gale glanced over at Nazuki but before he could even make a move Nazuki had beaten him to the punch as around him dark chains came from the ground bringing the monk down to his knees as Gale gritted and pulled against them as hard as he could as Ebisu's voice could be heard coming from Nazuki "Foolish boy, the audacity you have to think you can beat a God of Fortune. Tenjin's smugness has warn off on everyone around him."he said as he slowly walked up towards Gale "You think you're the one protecting her from me, but in reality, she's the one protecting you...from me."he said raising his hand as a dagger appeared "But the moment you fall out of her graces, will be the moment your life ends"he said grinning wickedly

"Yes, that's the one. But I don't recognize the snake-boy with her. No matter, we have our orders." another voice replied "Let's do our best to not mess this one up...you know what happened last time..."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun May 05, 2019 9:53 pm
Koharu could feel the darkness making her pause as she stood there gripping her bag, she wanted just a normal life...to go to school, to grow up, to become what ever she wanted once she graduated college. She could hear Ebisu's voice as it made the hair on the back of her neck stand up, she bit her lip Nazuki was the only person who was at her side...to give her that normal piece in her life. She shifted as she closed her eyes, the sky slowly clearing before her eyes opened and they glowed as if lightning was building within them and she turned back though before Ebisu could do anything more with the dagger her hand gently pressed on it "that's enough" she said softly. Taking a deep breath as she stood there, the sky clearing more and her eyes sparkled some still glowing faintly "release gale now.." she said firmly.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri May 10, 2019 11:07 pm
“Yeah....last time.” He said and rubbed a scar in his face from their last failings. “Let’s go.”

“You seem to be enjoying yourself.” Jineza said with a smile as she bit into one of the honey covered Dango she had purchased. She had bought a few for the others as well as the medicine and tea for Tenjin and Gietsu.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 pm
"Yeah I know what you mean"the other said before slipping off quickly into the shadows as well

Orochinagi blushed slightly as he brought his sleeve up to cover his mouth "Yeah....well......I don't get to come here very often....since I'm not a Guardian or a Kami yet I can only come here when accompanied by one like you. Shrine Spirits only have access to the festivities outside the gate."he said as they walked before he suddenly froze as his snake-like eyes suddenly narrowed as he hissed as he turned sending out his sleeves to strike at one cloaked figure, wrapping around him like a python but missing the other as he came around to grab Jineza as from beneath the cloak blades could be seen instead of arms and legs and a fox-like face appeared as they wrapped around her "Don't move kid, or this gets bloody in front of everyone."he said as Orochinagi hissed again "You're both kamaitachi! What are Ebisu's evil shrine spirits doing here?"

Ebisu glared as she neared him but as her hand made contact with his, it began to smolder and burn before he jumped back from the both of them as the chains around Gale vanished and the monk doubled over gasping for breath "You bastard"he glared as Ebisu's smirk was still plastered on his face "No matter. My plans have been set in motion and the seal is weakening. It won't be long until what was started 16 years ago will come to it's magnum opus."

"I think I've heard all I've needed to hear for today"came a voice from behind them as Tenjin suddenly appeared with the Fox twins as he drew his fan from his kimono "Time for you to go back to the Spirit World where you belong. Greed has no place here."he stated as the two foxes suddenly took a leap off his shoulders before shrouding Ebisu in blue fire as a portal opened up beneath him as he was pulled down.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 3:58 pm
“Been following you for a bit now.....amazed it took you this long to sniff us out....” Said the one that orachinagi had caught. His hood falling down to reveal a lizard head with a scar over the left side of its face, going over a blinded eye. “You two.....should have known you two were Ebisu’s....”Jineza said though unable to move from the blades that were pressed against her. “What do you want?”

Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat May 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Koharu wasn't sure what was coming over her, as she felt a surge of power going through her and she looked over at Ebisu as he was moving back, she would move over to Gale helping him up as he coughed for air. She was at a loss of words, was this just his plan all along....what about Natsuki...what happened to him? "Wait....what did you do with Natzuki!!" she demanded till she would hear a familer voice. She turned looking over to see her father and the twins, and without much warning the twins attacked grabbing at Ebisu and began to pull him down through the portal. THey watched as Ebisu vanished and Koharu spoke "other than me being born and him attacking you...what...did he do 16 years ago?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm
"Oh that one's easy. You're coming with us. Lord Ebisu has a little surprise planned and you're a big part of it"the Kamaitachi snickered in his weasley voice

"Yeah, except I have your partner too, and I'll crush every bone in his body if you don't release her" Orochinagi hissed out as his sleeve began to constrict tighter around the one in his grasp.

"Ebisu has been manipulating everything around you...since you were born" Tenjin said with a sigh "This boy, you call him Nazuki, his entire existence was made to trick you into willingly giving Ebisu your abilities. He knows he can't defeat you and steal your power, that is your birthright from me, he just siphoned off what little he could steal after your birth." Tenjin told her "Ebisu created Nazuki in order to remain close to you. He even turned your grandparents against us, in order to have him be your only friend. That plan backfired when I finally reached you in your dreams and your grandparents were ready to ship you away."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm
“Yeah.....about that...” the lizard said as his tail swung up and cut away the extended sleeves, the had been curled around the handle of a knife and he leapt out of reach, brushing off the shredded fabric. “Too bad we can’t kill you....we need you to send a message to your master.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 am
Koharu would grip her arm as she stood there, so many different emotions were running through her...everything she knew seemed to be a lie, the very friendship that she had treasured....a lie from the start. Nazuki had always been there, had always been the one person she could turn to no matter what, even when her grandparents treated her poorly...but she had made due thinking that she'd be able to live on her own with Nazuki. That thought had helped her move on, thinking she could still have a life even if her childhood wasn't great but now...seeing that all fall apart because of the God Ebisu...she felt...hollow and it was clear by how she looked the pain she was feeling. She had tried to ignore it, tried to just think she could keep her happy life going her dream....but Gale was right. "I'm sorry..." she said softly as she would then look over towards Gale, "I'm really sorry...I should...i should have listened to you..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:39 pm
"Right."Gale said as he rubbed at his neck and wrists slightly from the bruising of the chains "Sorry about your friend."he told her back as he walked over picking up his staff off the ground "Where did you send him?"he asked Tenjin as the twins returned to resting on the Sky God's shoulders

Tenjin sighed as he placed his fan back into his kimono before facing the others again "To my former shrine. That palace is the Seat of the Gods and where whoever is the current Kami resides there. Since he doesn't have full control of my powers just yet, it'll take him a while to break out of the seal and leave his 'new palace', a side effect of trying to illegally steal the Kami's power." he explained to them before facing his daughter "You okay?"

Orochnagi narrowed his eyes as his sleeves retracted back to him "What message?"he asked as the fabric on his sleeves magically restored themselves, looking much like snake skin shedding off "Jineza are you able to get free? I don't want to hit you with my poison fangs..."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 pm
She tried to use her magic to escape her captors. But she couldn’t. She suddenly found herself unable to move.
“I....I can’t....I can’t move.” She said in confusion and concern. The lizard laughed again. “ that’s the message boy! He said and held up an orb and inside was a soul....rather a fragment of a soul. He smirked and gave it a squeeze and suddenly Jineza screamed in pain.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm
She wanted to say yes, so he wouldn't worry say anything really just to change the subject but she would just shake her head. "no..." she looked away from him, feeling some what appalled by her own actions. Everyone around her knew what had to be done, but she just refused to see what was in front of her, "I let..someone that powerful...into my life. I let them hurt Gale and the rest of my family all because I just wanted to be normal...to have something that resembled what humans have..." she turned to look at Tenjin. "whats worse is when all this is over...you wont even be around at least....not like this...everything I've ever wanted I cant have....I lost out on my childhood....I....barely have a teenage one...and with what happened...I doubt things will even change from there....then even if....this ends and Na....Ebisu is defeated....order is restored....I lose out on my family all together because you won't be in it....you won't remember...." she closed her eyes as she gripped her arms tightly. "moms going to become a full fledge god....Gale you'...you'll probably return to the monks.....Orochi will become a guardian again....and...your memories will be gone you'll go back to ruling as the Kami...while I just..." her voice was trembling showing just what Ebisu wanted to give her to seal her to him forever....she would be alone and now...with Nazuki gone...she felt alone and there was no silver lining for her. "im just to be forgotten...just like how it was suppose to be....i shouldn't have been born then none of this wold have happened..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:19 pm
"Jineza!" Orochinagi yelled out as he hissed baring his fangs "You won't get away with this. Tenjin is going to stop you and make Ebisu pay"he snapped at them "Just hang on Jineza...."he said gritting his teeth *I'm a guardian...I should be able to do something....but I can't do anything in this situation"he growled to himself "Just don't hurt her anymore"

"Well if there's one part of that statement that's wrong"Gale said as he walked up to stand beside her "I'm not going back to the monastery. My destiny is to protect you, so now that I'm here, I'm not going anywhere."he told her though didn't make eye contact. He was definitely torn in his feelings for her, having realized her relationship with Nazuki affected him more than he liked to admit "So if you end up alone, that means you cast me away."

"And my love, you'll never be forgotten."Tenjin said with a deep sigh as he came to rest his forehead against his daughters as a warm glow emitted between them where they contacted each other. "Orochi will become your guardian. Your Mother will become a god yes, but under your service. I will be reborn anew but I'll still be right here with you, even if I won't exactly remember you being my daughter."he told her "I was waiting to tell you this until the time was right, but it seems that time is now. I'm not going to be reborn into the new Kami......you will be the new Kami....at least until I'm old enough to reclaim my title that is. Jineza will be raising my baby body again until my powers resurface. You cannot technically kill a god....but you can make them reincarnate over and over again until they no longer have memories of even being divine. What humans call 'a god among men' actually does have some truth behind it"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:10 am
The lizard chuckled and released the pressure on the soul. “Can you guess what this is?” He said and held it up. “Or rather....whose this is?”
“My...my soul....” jineza said through gasps of air from pain.
“Bingo......a remnant of your human soul when you died here. Our master found it for just such an occasion.” He looked back to Orochinagi. “.tell your master to come to us....or we will have to what happens if we perhaps, kill the soul of a living being.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:09 pm
She would look slightly towards Gale even as he didn't make eye contact with her, not like she really should think other wise as she closed her eyes trying to calm herself till she would feel Tenjin's forehead pressing against hers. The warmth of the power they shared filled her as she opened her eyes to look up at her father, as he explained what was going to happen...nothing he could have said prepared her for what he actually stated next as she would almost jump back. "k...kami?" she said staring at him, then she looked over at Gale then back to her father, "I...I cannot be Kami i....I can't even handle having a family!" she said quickly, Even as she slightly panicked he continued to explain things and she soon raised her hand and pushed her fingers through her hair, "but...then....so once your...grown you...become kami then...but..." she looked rather confused, scared and well overwhelmed that much more than before.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Orochnagi gritted his teeth slightly thinking over what to do, after all he was still considered young by a Guardian's standard, usually having lived thousands of years at a shrine. "Just hang on Jineza!"he shouted out before he began sprinting back through the festival heading towards the portal to take him back to the real world "Tenjin will know what to do!"

"Then you get to go back to living whatever life you so choose my love. You can choose to stay in the Spirit World with your mother and I, or choose to stay in the human world and travel back and forth to see us, essentially a shinigami instead of a Kami. I know that is a lot of pressure to put onto you at such a young age, that is why I was trying to do everything to keep that from happening. Jineza even offered to handle all the duties of Kami so you are only ruler by title and she can handle the day to day dealings. Believe me we have tried to think of everything to prevent this from happening"Tenjin sighed shaking his head "It just all feels so inevitable as long as Ebisu is working his crooked plans"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 pm
Jinezas hands were bound behind her as precaution with an enchanted rope that would keep her from using any magic as they transported to Ebisus palace. Once there, she was forced to her knees at the throne. “There truly is no depth to how low you will go is there?” She asked, shooting a glare at the man sitting on the throne
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:09 pm
Koharu looked up at her father she was still startled that this was happening and she couldn't help but glance at Gale he was going to stay with her through all of this...no matter what happened if she had heard him right. Then she would turn her attention back to her father but she would speak "I...well Never wanted any of this to be honest...I just wanted a family and a friend or two..." she raised her hand to push some of her hair behind her ear. "But..seems the 'gods' had other plans" she was trying to be slightly funny with that considering it was 'gods' that had changed everything, "I'll do my best to be a Kami...and...make sure when your able to can...slid back into your role once again and maybe this time....can live happy with mom since she'll be a god too"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:58 pm
"Of course there isn't"Ebisu said smirking as he sat cross legged on his throne "You know if you want to blame someone, blame Tenjin. It was he whose magic left fragments of your former self behind....I just happened to swoop in and pick them all up and formed this nice little mini-soul in its place. Definitely not as powerful as a whole soul, but there was just enough in there to connect it back to your essence."he said "Honestly I had no intention of ever using it, but now that Nazuki's gig is up and they know our connection, I have to...speed up this power transfer process"he told her "So they come here, I kill Tenjin and the girl and release his sea, absorb both of their powers, and ruler over as Kami after the sky falls and demons from the underworld walk the surface once more."

Tenjin smiled at her "I would very much like that."he said as Gale looked over at them letting out a sigh "Well someone has to protect you fools from getting into trouble...whenever I'm not around, something happens to someone."he said just as Orochinagi appeared through the otherworld gate with tears streaming down his young face "Tenjin-sama! Tenjin-sama! It's E-Ebisu, h-he took Jineza back to his palace!"he shouted as the look on Tenjin's face dropped suddenly as Gale gripped his staff tighter "That bastard. He was distracting us while he went after Jineza as a hostage" the young monk glared
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:22 pm
She glared and lunged for him, “I’ll kill you before you get that chance!” She shouted, determination to rip through even with her hands bound. But the minion holding her soul fragment, squeezed it, causing her fall and writhe in pain, her cries echoing off the walls.
Sponsored content