The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Kamisama: The Life of a God - Page 18 Empty Re: Kamisama: The Life of a God

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:05 pm
Koharu turned when she saw Orochinagi come out of the portal and yell out that her mother had been captured, "wait...moms been taken?" She asked in a panic, as she looked to Tenijin then to Gale, "How do we save her? dad you sent him back to your palace right? so shes gotta be there"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:51 pm
Ebisu laughed as he stood up pushing his hair back as Jineza fell to the ground writhing in pain "Foolish woman. Did you really think you'd be able to reach me?"he laughed as he walked down towards her "I'm going to rip that family you've built apart at the seams, and there is nothing you can do about it"he told her

Tenjin's frowned darkened as he nodded his head "That is indeed where I sent him and where he must be. However for me to enter the Kami's palace...I'm going to need permission from the other Gods at the Festival...I'm going to have to call an emergency hearing...."he said as he clenched his fists together "That damn Ebisu. Nothing but trickery abounds with him"he said tensely before sighing once more
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:55 pm
“But how did he manage to take her? Did he over when her with magic? Some spies of his own?” Feisty asked from he stood with the twins who looked on worrried for their master. The old cat went up to Prochinagi, “it’s alright my boy.....I’m sure you did what you could.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:01 pm
Koharu shifted before she would look at her father, "Let me hold it..." she stated as she took a deep breath, "I'm to be Kami till you can take it back, having to call the other gods it...its what I'd have to do right?" she struggled to try and keep herself calm, after all she ran into her aunt this way this was going to be summoning the others. "Ebisu wants you weak...so you need ot keep your strength as much as possible...I'm still learning but I know my abilities should be strong enough to do a summons."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 am
"They attacked us when we were walking through the market at the Festival. They said that they had a fragment of Jineza's soul--"Orochinagi stated as Tenjin paled slightly "No..."he said softly as he slapped his hand to his face "He didn't. That fucking bastard."he said gritting his teeth as then proceeded to storm back towards the shrine "When Jineza was giving birth and I had to make the decision to turn her into a Guardian, the process can leave trace essence of a person behind, especially coming from behind human...Ebisu somehow must have found a way to reconstruct Jineza's essence and since it's bound to her soul its affecting her spirit....the only way it would be fully effective is if the soul is in the area to which the essence was bound to...which was my old Palace where you were born and Ebisu is bound to." he said "I'll have to prepare if we are to go back there. Geitsu, ready a letter to my sisters. I'm going to need their help.....again"he sighed
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm
School would have to wait as they all quickly returned to the shrine, they needed to prepare to storm the palace. Koharu stood outside the main shrine so that her father could prepare and she was pacing some, pressing her hand through her hair as she muttered to herself. What could she even do, if they went to the palace Ebisu would be there...this had to be a trap...his plan and she bit her lip. "but we can't just leave mom there..." she said sighing. "ugh!! why can't I think of anything to do to help..."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:54 pm
“Ye...yes my lord.” The old cat said and ran off as fast as his old legs would take him. All the while while writing the letter, he silently prayed for his master and mistresses safety. The fates continuously seemed to throw something into their path when the path was already uneven and treacherous. Now with the impending festival and meeting of the gods....he worried for their daughter and how this would all effect her already when so much seemed to be placed on her young shoulders.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:24 pm
"Have faith in your mother. She's quite the tough person. She's going to be giving Ebisu hell the entire time. She is still a guardian after all"Tenjin said to Koharu "But there is something you can do to help. I'm going to need your help in summoning my sisters here again much like you did before."he said "You and Gale both are needed. If they agree to this, we are going to have to move the festival up and get approval from the other gods to make your mother a God now...that way any parts of her former soul are returned to her...if we can get Orochinagi to become a Guardian he should be able to handle Ebisu's henchmen...and if we can get them to acknowledge as my rightful heir as Kami, Ebisu's seal on the Golden Palace can be broken and we can freely enter in order to rescue Jineza....but that means that we have to convince a majority of the Gods at the festival to approve all three of those things....without the help and approval of my sisters there is no chance of the others following suit."Tenjin told them "I feel that is the only way to defeat Ebisu"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 pm
Koharu nodded her head at her father, he was right if they wanted any hope to defeat Ebisu for good...they needed help. "But will they accept me as...Kami?" she asked looking between him and Gale, she was only half god..considering her mother was human when she was born though she had her fathers abilities would they even see her as one. "My aunts seemed to make it...pretty clear they weren't going to help at all last time...then again I did...well on accident summon them.."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:03 am
“Your aunts, for lack of better term, can’t help you or visibly show your heir support.” Geitsu said as he came back with the letter. “They have to be unbiased as all gods do. To keep balance while also following a strict set of godly rules that were set by the first great Kami.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:30 am
"That's right. Our Father was a great man who set forth his Divine Code for us to follow after he became one with the Universe. That is part of the reason all of this happened. I broke one of the laws by falling in love with a mortal as Kami. Usually when lesser Gods do it, it's not as big of a problem, usually just a slap on the wrist but as Kami it is a sin as we are the ultimate beings. That's what gave Ebisu the opportunity to rally the other Gods to take me down as Kami at the last festival 15 years ago."Tenjin explained "So now it's time we make sure we put him away for God. I can appoint a new God or Goddess of Fortune and Luck to replace Ebisu whose corrupted the title with Greed and Envy"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm
"I still find it unfair that your father did that....I mean I get it...balance of power all of that...but...still didn't mean you and mom should have been punished for something like love" Koharu stated still feeling like it was still wrong, that they should be allowed at least something as basic as that. Though with how things were now, she wondered after all she was half kami and would take over when Ebisu was defeated till her father was able to take the throne once more. She would glance slightly towards Gale though before back at Tenjin, "As for summoning my...aunts....I think not being super upset this time would be better....but im sure Gale could say something to me to make me upset" she said teasing Gale a bit with a faint smile. Her best friend in the world was gone, she needed to learn to trust another and well Gale...was her best choice and at the moment only choice.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 pm
"Indeed"Tenjin said in response to Geitsu "There's no way my sisters can play favorites...all 3 of them can't agree to this before the Festival even begins or the other Gods are going to call favoritism and harshly vote against us....so the question is whose vote weighs the heaviest.....Amaterasu naturally as the Eldest of the three has a lot of power and sway...but her brash attitude and condescending nature also wins her the most enemies...Tsukiyomi may be a good choice, she's usually very aloof...no one really likes or dislikes her and she just tends to keep to her weird, softspoken self...then there's Susano'o but you kinda never really know what mood you're going to get with her....her attitude comes and goes like winds out at sea"he said "It'll be up to Koharu to choose what Aunt she wishes to try to persuade first."he said

Gale gave her a hard look before finally smiling at her "Yeah, you got that right. I'm here to bug you right until the very end"he commented as he dusted off his clothing before slinging his staff over his shoulder "Alright now can we get cleaned up and get some action going for getting Jineza back"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:44 pm
At Ebisus palace is the heavens, Jineza was sat beside the Throne, her hands bound in front of her and a collar and chain around her neck that connected to the floor. She was weak and tired and forced to sit there as she saw the greedy god sit in her loves rightful place. All while gods from across the world came the greet him and present their champions for the trials. She let her eyes drift to her soul that sat on the arm of the Throne on the opposite side of her before she let them fall to the floor.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm
As her eyes were downcast, Jineza tried to remember back to a simpler time in her life, when she was much younger, human and falling in love with Tenjin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A glittering shrine seemed to radiate prosperous energy across the land. For centuries, a family of powerful monks and shrine maidens offered up praise to the mighty Sky God Tenjin. Ruler over the heavens, Tenjin was known as having omnipotent power and wisdom that was unmatched by no other god or goddess. Directly descended from the progenitor God and Goddess, Izanagi and Izanami, creators of the universe and the afterlife, Tenjin had ruled over the heavens for millennia with a compassionate and kind rule, always willing to hear out his fellow gods and always answering the prayers and pleas of mortals. Through the years however, one shrine maiden had constantly had his attention. When she was but a child, she displayed an impressive attunement to the spiritual realm, far greater than he had ever seen. She was able to actually make physical contact with him without the need for him to possess her body, a power very rare for mortals to possess in the current times. Tenjin had remained within the shrine throughout the years and watched her grow from a young child, into a powerful miko capable of warding off powerful evil spirits and performing rituals with power not possessed by regular mortals. He knew that she was special and as such has begun sharing his teachings and wisdoms with her during their private moments of meditation and study together.

"Jineza"Tenjin said one day as she entered the room carrying tea "What is it that you seek out of life. I know you are honor bound to serve me and the shrine, but what is it in life that you wish to find to fulfill you?"he questioned as he casually fanned himself off as he lazily floated around the room
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 pm
She stopped in process of setting out his tea for a brief moment. “I’m perfectly happy and content here My Lord. Serving you and remaining by your side.” She said as she sat across from him and offering him a bright smile.

But in her heart she knew that wasn’t all. Yes it was true that she was happy to be serve and be near. But she wanted more. She secretly loved Tenjin and wished to tell him how she truly felt, but she feared his rejection. Feared ruining the friendship they had built. She feared that as Kami he would punish her for a human and god to love one another was a crime in the eyes of gods.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:51 pm
"Yes, yes I knew you would give me some mundane answer like that. That's almost like you are obligated to do so. But I want to know the truth."Tenjin said as he returned to his seated position once again at the table "Do you ever have the same dreams that other mortals have? To have a family? Raise little ones? Grow old with a special someone? You know it's not illegal for you to fall and love and marry. I'm sure there are plenty of monks that would love to make you a wife...and get busyyyy"he said with a wink and a nudging elbow in her direction

Though in his heart, he felt like he knew the answer to these, and yet did not want to confirm it. He had a strong connection to the woman before him, and while love affairs between lesser gods and humans were frowned upon, to love the Kami or any of the High Gods, the brothers and sisters of the Kami himself, were egregious crimes, punishable by banishment, and death. "Yet whenevr I bring over a monk, you always seem to show no interest. What gives? It can't just be your devotion to your duties."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:09 am
“Why is it so hard to believe that I am truly happy as I am?” She asked “and please, never say ‘get busyyy’ like that ever again.” She said and riled her eyes but she couldn’t help but smile. She always enjoyed his humor and light hearted nature. “If your asking if I have ever had thoughts or desires for those things.....yes. Who doesn’t? But as I
Said, I am happy here.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 am
"Because you're also a mortal, and I have peered into the hearts of many a mortal and most of them usually want the same thing. Men want riches, power, women, status. Women want security, comfort, fulfillment, love and satisfaction. So I figured, even though you are a mortal, you must still want some of those things"he said as he rolled his eyes back at her while laughing and sipping his tea before fanning his tongue "Mann that's hot"he said as he listened to her continue

"See! I knew you would want those things too! So then if you want those things, why have you not made yourself available to receive them? I am an all powerful God you know, I can grant you any wish your heart so desires. Your parents were loyal servants, and you have followed admirably in their footsteps since their retirement. But you aren't a little girl anymore Jineza, you're a woman now, and you have the right to make the decision for your life's happiness. There will always be another generation of onmyoji and miko, but you only have one life to live.....unless of course you get selected at the festival to ascend from Miko to Shrine Guardian in which case you'll be able to live forever."

"No way to does she become a guardian before me!"came a voice as a young white snake came slithering into the room before transforming into a young boy with long sleeves and stark white hair "You know that I am your most loyal servant Lord Tenjin!" "Yes, yes Orochinagi, while you are still yet young, you have shown that you are quite a devoted spirit yourself. You and the twins do quite a good job at warding off the evil spirits that dare try to venture into my palace."he said reaching out to pat the boy on the head "Though you still have much to learn in what it means to be a true Guardian, that will come in time my young one."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 am
“I’m afraid what I wish for you could not give me my lord.” She said softly, hoping he didn’t hear as she stood. “No I’m afraid that our little serpent is right.” She said with out looking at them, “I have chores I should finish....please call upon me if there is anything else you might need.” She said and tried to quickly excuse herself.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am
Tenjin raised an eyebrow at her sudden change in demeanor as he reached over giving Orochinagi and noogie "See look what you did, you upset Jineza"he grunted as the little snake squirmed to get free "No, I didn't! Let. Me. Go!" He shouted as the fox twins appeared just as Jineza opened the door to leave

"Jineza-hime!"they both chimed always calling her 'princess' as usual "We have a gift!" "It's a small child!" "He's in a basket!" "He was left on the steps to the shrine!" They said one after another finishing the others sentence as Tenjin and Orochinagi both stopped wrestling to look up "What?" They both repeated blinking as Tenjin stood up "Someone left a child here? Does this look like an orphanage?"he said before looking down at the young snake and childlike Fox spirits "ahhh nevermind let's go check it out"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:54 am
Jineza dropped her wooden try and rushed to the basket where the child lay sleeping. “Oh you poor thing. Who could just leave you here like this?” She said as she gently scooped the baby out of the basket, a not falling back into the basket as she held the bay in her arms. “A letter seems to be left with him.” Said the old cat sprite Geitsu. He was more of a caretaker then a guardian and he preferred it that way. “My lord.” He said and held out the letter to Tenjin.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:02 am
Tenjin took the note as he cleared his voice to read it "Please watch over and raise this child. He exhibits supernatural abilities and we do not know what to do with him. We fear he may be a demon in disguise"it said as Tenjin raised an eyebrow as his blue eyes flashed gold for a moment as he looked over the boy letting out a low whistle

"Wow, in terms of spiritual power, this boy is definitely on par with some of the monks and priestesses at the temples.....a human born outside of one of these families comes around once in a generation......perhaps....this is the child of prophecy...the one who is supposed to ascend to the heavens and banish evil....not like their is any evil to banish with me around"he laughed proudly thumping his chest "I dont sense any inlkings of demonic blood within him...he is a kindred spirit....with a wind affinity to boost"he said as his eyes returned back to blue "Now what to name you young one?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:07 am
“He looked like a Taku to me.” Said Geitsu, “no....to sweet looking for that...” Jineza said as she gently brushed the boys face. “Wind....Gale seems fitting.” She said and looked up to Tenjin, “what do you think my lord?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 am
"Gale hm? Gale.....it has a nice ring to it actually. Gale....alright, from this day forward my tiny infant friend your name shall be Gale and you will be staying with us."he smiled "Alright everyone, it seems we're going to be much busier around here with another mouth to feed. Let's make sure we are all doing our best in raising the little one"he said with a laugh as Gale opened his soft green eyes to look up at Jineza reaching up and taking her hand with his small fingers as he sucked on one of her knuckles
Sponsored content