The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

The New Dawn - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Dawn

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 am
“You missing the ring doesn’t surprise me. and it anything with boobs in front of you and the world could end and you couldn’t be bothered.” She said with a laugh
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 am
"That is very true"Gin said with a laugh at Yazuma before turning to face Kaguya "Oh no, I wouldnt want to dare taint the lips of a Taisho with my unworthy blood" he laughed ordering another round for the table "But since we are changing subjects, did you guys hear about what's been going on? People have been reported going missing, getting taken in broad daylight even. Some people are saying there's an illegal slave market or traffickers who have been going around abducting humans and demons alike and selling them on the black market. The police nor the Hunters have any clue or leads as to whats going on. They are trying to keep it on the hush to not cause a public panic but the media is starting to pick up and run stories off all the wild rumors and gossips since they cant get any official answers as to what is going on." Gin told them as his drink came "So I'd definitely be careful if I was you. Those with known powers are seemingly becoming primary targets....and suspects as the investigation goes on...I may have scanned the mind of a cop or two and a few reporters on my way to school this morning." He said innocently
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 am
Kaguya would look at Gin a bit as he explained what was going on and she would tilt her head some thinking, "so almost like they are being spirited away...somethings gotta be luring them into a place to get taken, other wise there's no way that it could just happen in broad daylight. That being said....some youkai's do have abilities that could transport someone from one place to another, so its not even unlikely that it could happen even as we are sitting here for one of us to just disappear..." she said simply, when it came to magic history or even types of youkai Kaguya seemed to take interest in that, probably due to her own history as well as abilities. Tapping her finger on the table she would then look at Gin, "you think that Sesshoumaru would give us this task? I mean we are....new hunters and we haven't even been tested out to see what we can handle."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am
“I don’t see why he would give us this as a first task, honestly.” Yazuma said, “just seems too important you know? And if he did it would be a hell of a way to cutting our teeth as Hunters.” She finished. “But I think I heard about this. One of the first people to go missing was a human girl who actually attended the university with us. I think her name was.....Shuri?” She said after thinking it over a moment, “yeah, Shuri. She went missing between classes. Teachers thought she was just cutting class that day. But according to friends and family, they said being at the university meant a lot to her and that she took her education seriously to just cut class.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm
"Is that the talk behind Shuri's disappearance? I knew she wasnt in class but I didnt think the two of them were connected"Gin said tapping his chin "Well regardless I dont think Sesshoumaru would task us with anything this serious until we have proven ourselves first. You know this wouldnt be a bad way to start. Perhaps we can ask around campus and find out any more leads. The students and teachers might be more willing to cough up any information they know to familiar faces like ours as opposed to hardened life long Hunters" he commented "I think its worth a shot, and it gets our feet wet in our new job. We can call it...Operation Shuri"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:53 pm
"Right...Shuri's been missing..." Kaguya stated as she continued to think, tapping her finger on the table and would then look at her two friends. "As for asking questions, we don't want to push to hard on this if the police and the hunters are trying to keep panic from setting in then us asking questions could get in the way..I think we should try and gather our own information and then maybe also check out the locations where they think the victims disappeared from. It probably wouldn't hurt to even compile each victim on their traits to see just what is being targeted because if its just abilities then hell me now being a Taisho plus also an Onigumo I could disappear tomorrow" she laughed
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:31 pm
“Don’t joke like that.” Yazuma said and nudged her. “Anyway, if it was an abilities thing, why take humans? I get that some humans have a trace amounts of demon energy or lineage. Any magic or inhuman ability is rare.” She said and finished her beer. “What surprises me about the whole thing is that if these people are taken in broad daylight in public places.....where are the witnesses? Did not a single person see or hear anything?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:12 am
"Well like I said, some are sold off into sexual slavery. Dont need magic to get raped" Gin commented "And it seems those with abilities may be sold off for other purposes. As far as witnesses no one has come forward. Either out of not seeing it, fear or being bought off for their silence. If no one has seen the abductions though, it must mean that the people doing this are tracking their victims and waiting for moments when they are truly alone before striking." He said putting his hand to his chin "I agree with you both, we should investigate this without trying to cause any ripples or raise any suspicions. If they are tracking their victims the minute they realize someone is onto them, they are likely to lie low unti the heat cools off and we would lose any lead we had"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:16 am
Kaguya reached out grabbing a handfull of fries as she took a deep breath thinking, "we shouldn't even be putting our nose into this guys....I'm sure Sesshoumaru already has a group of hunters on this whole thing after all its happening in his territory unless he's the one doing it" she stated simply popping a fry into her mouth, chewing it slowly. "So other than all that....Gin what do you have planned that you want to do" knowing her friend had already had something all together.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:53 am
Gin frowned looking over at Kaguya before abruptly standing up "Actually I have some things to do. So I'll catch you guys later" he said as he turned and walked out of the bar without another word. His sense of honor was too much to just stand by idly while his friends and classmates were just taken. "Kaguya may not take this seriously, but I have a job now and I'm going to do it"he said to himself as he looked down at the badge that was in his hand and squeezed it slightly as he headed off going back towards the campus
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:35 pm
“I think he’s upset.”Yazuma said softly. She sighed and looked at her watch. “It’s getting late and we need to be packed up and at house tomorrow.” She said. “But I also have an errand to run.....will you be alright heading back by yourself?” She asked
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 pm
Kaguya watched Gin storm off and she sighed, she knew she probably struck a nerve with him after all he had always wanted to be a Hunter since she knew him...her on the other hand she just wanted to be able to do what she wanted outside of her families reach and 'eyes'. Glancing over at Yazuma she nodded as she finished her last drink and soon spoke "Ill be fine...Ill call Gin in the morning to make sure he's ok....I'm the one hes upset about." she sighed before paying her part of the bill. "have a good night Yazuma" she smiled.

Kaguya would walk out the door with a sigh as she looked up before turning to head back home pulling her cellphone out so she could at least send a text to Gin...maybe once she sobered up she would hear him out on these disappearances.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am
Gin had made his way back to the campus and had packed up the small amount of belongings he owned to get ready for the move. Afterwards however, he took the liberty to do some digging with some of the students that were still out and about on campus. It seemed that the last time Shuri was heard from, she told her friends she needd to use the bathroom and grab something from her locker across campus from their location, but near her next class. She never made it to class, and upon prying her locker open with telekinesis he saw that the textbook for that class was still in there, which meant that she was abducted while crossing campus, or in the bathroom as he sat down on a bench to think “It’d be too bold to take her as she crossed campus, with all the cameras and students and faculty someone would be bound to notice her....which means she must have been taken when she entered the Girl’s bathroom...the likely place she was alone and no one would notice....the classrooms here all face east and after crossing the field, you’d be at the edge of campus....plus there are no cameras on the field either so it’d be the perfect spot to make a dash and get away.....”he said tapping his chin “But how....how to take someone across a field in broad daylight without drawing suspicion....unless.....unless she was hypnotized or put under a spell to make her obey...in that case it wouldn’t be unusual for two students walking across campus to leave....which means the people involved in this are Western City students...or at least pretending to be!”he stated jumping up quickly with this new revelation “I’ve got to tell somebody”
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 am
Yazuma thankfully found a bank that was open and deposited the funds that were given to her and gave the cashier instructions to forward all of it to another account outside the city. The doe eyed human looked at her in astonishment and nodded. He did as he was asked and whatever curiosity he had to who was receiving the money was quenched when he looked at the name of the account had the same surname as Yazuma. “Everything is transferring. It should be in the account by tomorrow morning. Was there anything else I could help you with?”
“Yeah. Close out the rest of my account. I’d like to open a different that’s no longer connected to that one.” She said and once that was done she led the bank and pulled out her cell phone and selected the contact “hitsugaiya.”
After a few rings a voice answered, “what is it?”
“Paid in full....lose my number.”
“How the hell did you manage that? Put yourself out there like the little skank that we know you are?”
“None of you concern any longer. Never call me. Don’t come for me. My life is mine now.”
“Is this anyway to treat family?”
Yazuma flinched and gripped the phone tighter. “You don’t get to tell me how families treat each other. You don’t get to tell me anything ever again.” She said and hung up. She looked to one side and spotted the river across the street. She ventured over and stopped at the edge and looked at the phone as the screen lit up with “hitsugaiya calling” she sighed and recalled back and threw the phone into the river. Once she saw the light fade into the dark water she took a deep breath before turning and heading home.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Kaguya sighed some as she headed back towards the dorm, she wasn't even sure what she should do...after all she knew both her friends could use the job as well as the money it was a pretty decent deal for them...but she also knew it was all because she agreed. If she backed out would sesshoumaru take away what he had given them, she never pried into her friends lives they'd share when they wanted to or if they didn't she wasn't going to be bothered by the unknown. "Dammit..." she cursed as she raised her hand pushing her hair from her face revealing her gold eye for a moment before letting her hand drop.

"I should at least find Gin..." she would pull out her cellphone to pull up Gin's number, she wasn't far from the campus as she noticed some students wearing the crest of the academy. They almost seemed out of place but they also seemed familiar as if she had seen them before, though for now she would ignore it as she kept walking. A tsk sound came from her when she heard Gin's voicemail "dammit gin...." she cursed as he had sent her straight to that, once the message stopped she would speak "Hey Gin its kaguya....look I want to apologies for my actions....I know being a hunter is important to you I just don't want us to get carried....Hey!" she yelled out as she was caught off guard.

The three students she had noticed had been waiting as one looked down at their phone, acting as if they where just texting or looking something up. Instead on the phone was a picture of her, the one looked up nodding slightly as she was unaware she had become a target. As she passed them one had grabbed her wrist as she had passed, "dude let....go!" she was still being recorded on Gin's voicemail as she kept struggling before one of them snuck up behind and held something in his hand before pressing it against the back of her neck. She let out a yell before her phone dropped to the ground with a thud as she soon fell unconscious and the three 'students' smirked as they dragged her off leaving the interaction...recorded.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 am
Gin slipped himself out of the girl's bathroom window looking out onto the field "I see.....so it's likely that they just passed the girl through the window and made their way out from here...."he said dusting himself off "Okay, let me see what Kaguya wanted...she has a knack for calling at the wrong time, those girls almost heard my phone go off"he said having a brief flashback to ducking into a stall when he heard two girls enter the bathroom while he was investigating as he let out a sigh pulling up his voicemail. He listened before clasping his hand over his mouth in shock "Kaguya!" He yelled out as he reached down around his wrist unclasping his bracelet. As he did as huge wave of psychic energy was released from him seeming to spread out around campus as he quickly called tried calling Yazuma and getting no response before shaking his head "Psychic hello" he said putting his fingers to his temple *Yazuma, can you hear me?* Gin said over his telepathic connection *Kaguya has been abducted, meet me at the school as fast as you can* he told her before sending out another psychic wave over the campus "She was here....not that long ago, probably looking for me to apologize...damn it"he said before his wave pinged her dropped cellphone as he rushed towards it picking it up "Who could have gotten to her....was it the same people who abducted Shuri?"he said balling his fist around the phone "Please be alright Kaguya"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:12 am
Yazuma froze when she felt Gins energy, “fun this distance could harm you what were you thinking?” She snapped before her told her what happened to Kaguya. With out another word or removing her coat, she let her wings rip through the fabric and she took to the sky and flew as fast as she could to the school, cursing herself for tossing her phone at the moment she had.
She could see Gin from the the air and dove down to land. “Gin! Any sign of her?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm
As the two would rush to where her cellphone had been left, they would notice that it looked really normal nothing out of the ordinary. She had been taken off a main road and also not far from the school grounds in between where they had just gotten drinks and the dorms meaning she was on her way there when she was snagged. Was this a case of the random kidnapping that had been happening? It was hard to tell at this point.

Kaguya would fell something soft beneath her as she laid in a fairly dim room, the faint sound of cars going by told her she wasn't far from a road and as she began to sit up a familiar scent started to hit her nose. She knew it rather well, as she raised her hand rubbing the back of her neck "the hell...." she winced slightly and as her eyes began to focus she looked around she was in an office of some sort, though the longer she sat there the more pissed she got. "Uncle Naraku!!" she yelled knowing full well where she was now as she started to stand up moving towards the door and pulling on it but finding it locked, "dammit....fucking old man....Uncle Naraku open up this door and let me out!!" She was at her family's main house it also served as the main location for her families business in the next town over, a place she thought she had left when she moved to the dorms at the academy.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Gin waved her down as he recuffed his bracelet as his power returned back inside of him as he rubbed his head slightly from the massive headache "I heard what you said, but I only released my power because this is an emergency. And why did you break your phone, the only time your phone is off is when you lose your temper and break it. Anywho, no sign of her. But I have her phone...which is the only clue because in all the other kidnappings, the perps made sure not to leave any traces or clues behind. So I feel like this is slightly different in a way....but we cant go to the police, it hasnt been 24 hours since she's gone missing and technially as Hunters we have more authority and jurisdiction than the police so we are on our own. Any idea if someone wanted to take her? This complicates things with her being a Taisho now"he stated

"You still have that same foul mouth as ever"came a voice from behind her as in the dark corner was a man sitting down in a white baboon pelt and mask before he laughed removing it "Sorry old habits die hard. But since I knew you wouldnt respond to my messages I had to bring you here myself. My agents tell me they saw you going to the Taisho Manor...what business do you have with those dogs?" He asked curiously as the lights turned on to reveal they were sitting in his office room "You know the Onigumo family has no association with the Taishos. They are our enemies for a reason, or have you already forgotten that little fact?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am
“My phone is not important right now.” She snapped as she looked around for any kind of trace of their friend. “We only
Just found out about her being a taisho. The only ones that know are us, Sesshoumaru, his assistant Ferra, Principal Jakken and maybe her family.” She said. “So if that were the motive, we have a narrow suspect list.”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 am
She turned hearing that chilling voice, if there was something she was afraid of it would be him...her uncle and the head of the family. She stood there as he removed that damn pelt and mask of his, she hated monkeys because of him as well...more so baboons. “Maybe....I didn’t want to talk to you or the family Uncle...why do you think I left?!” She snapped out trying to still herself and not become the frightened child she had been, though when he brought up the Taishos she bit the inside of her cheek, of course he would find out about that.

“Why does it matter? You seem fine with the fact I’m attending their academy. That I live in their city and associate with them. So why now because I get called to the manor does it matter?” Kaguya states quickly shaking her head as she brushed her hair from her face, her gold eye glowing a open sore on the family that taisho blood had mixed with them. “Hell maybe he offered me a job so I can finally get away from this hell of a family! He’s a lot nicer than you have been!” She looked back at him “and he doesn’t make me feel ashamed for my eye!”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 am
Gin frowned tapping his chin thinking "Well...that does complicate things.....do.....do you think we should go tell Mr. Taisho what happened...you know his family has been targeted for years...if someone was spying on his estate and noticed us coming or going....that could easily make her a target of a kidnapping or worse..."he said aloud "What do you think Yazuma?"

Nakaru chuckled darkly from his throat as he listened to her "Degrees of separation, Kaguya" he said simply "Attending their school, living in their city, those are all things that a normal person would do. Even in the old days, I lived in the Western territory myself. However, there is a difference in being there, and directly associating with them. You've crossed that line."he stated "But perhaps this is a blessing as well. I know very much about the job he offered you, Hunter. All Hunters are required to he registered in the City's public records and what a surprise it was to see your name in the registry."he commented "Perhaps Kagura's blunder will finally pay off 500 years later. You want a way out of this family Kaguya Onigumo I will give it to you. You will be my spy, and learn of Sesshoumaru Taisho's secrets. I want to take him out of his business and his territory....permanently. You'll work as his Hunter, and learn all you can about him on the inside. Once I have enough information to formulate my plan, you'll be free to go, you, and that cursed gold eye."he stated coldly "Be warned, you think Sesshoumaru is nice....you'll be in for a rude awakening"he said as the door behind her suddenly opened "Go. We will be in touch. And if you dont want to be dragged here again, I suggest you answer my phone calls
"He said laughing darkly again as he faded back into the shadows of his office as the lights went out
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 am
“I don’t know. He was very adiment to have her join in his family......”she said and crossed her arms, “I shouldn’t have left her alone.....I could have waited....”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 pm
Kaguya dug her nails into her palms, her heart racing as she looked upon the man that terrified her, though he seemed to relish in the delight that she was now employed by the very man he hated. She bit her lip and would open her lips but he seemed to stop her that it was her fault at the line she crossed, she glared unable to go against him as she turn d to the door “just don’t hurt my friends this is between you and me.” She stayed leaving the room.

She mad she left the building she soon slammed her fist against the wall as she cursed, caring little as she had cut her hand and blood sneered against the stone. “Damnit....damnit...” she cursed out tears starting to form, she couldn’t escape him no matter what and now she was pulled back into the very clutches she wanted to escape. She shook her head as she started walking but stopped when she saw a bag hanging on a hook her name on it. Grabbing it she opened it seeing a new phone with a message that said ‘answer when I call’ she cursed but took the bag and just started walking.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm
"Wait a second, I can hear her thoughts again...or well her cursing" Gin said as he unhooked his bracelet once more as the same psychic pulse radiated out around the city as he put his hand to his temple once more *Kaguya, Kaguya, can you hear me? Are you alright? We found your cell phone on campus and worried something might have happened to you*he told her *Yazuma and I are still on campus, do you need us to come and get you? Whats your location?* he asked fighting through the ear splitting headache of releasing his full power twice in a row *We can be there in an instant*
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum