The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

The World on the other Side - Page 22 Empty Re: The World on the other Side

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:59 am
"Ahh I was hoping to find Alibaba in here when I sensed that energy. It seems you are getting pretty good at controlling your magic after all."came the voice of King Keruan as he entered Alibaba's study with a soft smile on his face like usual "Well since I couldn't reach Alibaba, you would be the next person to relay the message to him. A second djinn's energy has been felt. Fishermen have been reporting rising sea levels and violent storms out a sea and reports of a large blue monster out in the middle of the oceans from time to time. That means the time is now for Alibaba to head out to at least capture the first djinn."he said as he handed a rolled up scroll piece of parchment to her "Make sure he reads over that."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:04 am
She paused some when she heard that familar voice of the king, her head turning to look at him and she stood there in shock. A second dijin has appeared?! They hadn't even dealt with the first one and already another had sprung up, this wasn't good as she soon moved up towards him. Taking the offered scroll she bowed her head, "Thank you milord...I will be sure to give him this message as soon as possible.." she stated as the books and pages seemed to slowly ease down onto the desk.

"I must ask....how...bad will it be if the dijins are not sealed?" Hanako asked as she looked up at him.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:28 am
"Well, the thing is, we don't know."Keruan said sighing as he plopped down onto the nearest chair clearly flustered and tired himself "You see, a long long time ago, Barcyl made his initial pact with the djinn, put them in their dungeons, and they erected the barrier and gave us their gem to maintain it. Though they warned us that Barcyl's magic alone was not enough to forever maintain their seals and that every thousand years or so, the seals would be broken and a new contract would have to be formed with whoever Barcyl's current Disciple was. Now this is rare because for the first time in history, we have overlapping Disciples. Alibaba's mother formed the current contracts with these djinn 1,000 years ago in her youth and now that seal is breaking. Usually the previous forger of the seal has been dead before the contract has expired but Iris was a young ruler and fortunately we had Alibaba while she was still in her youth. Her father was almost 5,000 years old and practically in his grave before he finally gave birth to her." Keruan said "With this being such a rare occasion, the djinn are now put in a strange position as well. To reforge their original contract for another 1,000 years with Iris, or make a new contract with Alibaba."he said "But you've seen the effects of what happens when a djinn is free to roam the earth outside of it's dungeon with it's power unsealed. Extreme heat. Rising tides and violent storms. Everlasting day and everlasting night. Earthquakes and volcano eruptions. Anything can happen as each element is unleashed"

"That's why Mother has been so calm about the return of the djinn. She knew about it all along and knew that Alibaba would be tested by each of them."Jango said as he transformed from his cat form which had been curled up beneath a wad of pillows sleeping unnoticed into his regular form puffing on his pipe now that he was up
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 am
She listened to the king as she nodded her head, it was a bit of a daunting task as she shifted, "but if Ali makes the current pacts then it will be alright wont it? He's fairly young himself and a 1000years will be almost nothing....it be good for one disciple to handle a few sealing tasks....since he has Jango and myself to aid him." she stated simply, till she heard Jangos voice.

Her head turned seeing him as she sighed, "speak of the devil and he will appear.." she muttered to herself mostly, "You know Jango you should sleep at least in mine or Ali's room not in here...I could have stepped on you while cleaning." she stated scolding him slightly before glancing back at the king. "As for the queen knowing...is it common knowledge to everyone about the dijins? or is it something that each disciple must discover for themselves?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:50 am
"The general public doesn't know about the djinn no."Keruan said "They are treated by most people as things of myth and prayer. But if they knew that they were actual physical deities that needed to be appeased or else they might inflict chaos upon our world would cause a widespread panic. Thus we leave that role to the Disciples and their magic."he explained to her "Excellent questions you're asking today. You are truly adapting to this world quite nicely...it's as though you were actually born from it."he said "Because you are right on another thing, Ali is fairly young, as such it takes a tremendous magical burden to not only seal a djinn but maintain that seal over 1,000 years. Alibaba is a still growing boy. If a djinn chooses to break both contract with Alibaba and Iris then they most be forcefully sealed into its vessel which is the worst case scenario that Iris has been preparing Alibaba for. Forcing a djinn into it's vessel is like forcing a large stone into a bottle. It will fit, after it has been chiseled down to size."

"Nobody was in here when I decided to come in here. I was looking at some books and then the sunlight started coming in through the window and I got warm and fell asleep"Jango said scratching the back of his head before listening to his step-father
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:41 pm
"Lazy cat..." she stated as she chuckled at him before glancing back at the King, with a small smile still on her lips as she would bow her head towards him in thanks to the compliment. "Well maybe I was just born in the wrong world." she stated with a small laugh, but would then nod her head. "I see...well I know Alibaba is going to have to do this some what on his own, but is there any way for either myself or Jango to help him? What if we used our own magic with the seal...I know it falls upon the disciples but...if others helped in the sealing it could become that much stronger....but then there's the alkalies heal that it could become that much weaker as well if all parties but one has weak magic and mana." she said with a sigh.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 pm
"Exactly. The seal is a high level magic that has only been passed down the Disciple lineage. Not even I as Fairy King know the incantation to produce the seal"Keruan said "So it's best left up to Alibaba and Iris. The best thing you can do is support Alibaba in his endeavor. You can channel your mana into him directly however, just not into the seal itself"Keruan said "Besides this is his first true test as the next Disciple. If he cannot make a deal with the djinn which is one of the primary jobs of the Disciple, then he isn't fit to rule the kingdom after Iris. At least not for another 1,000 years"he explained
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:13 pm
She rubbed her head slightly as she listened, a small headache was forming due to lack of sleep and pushing herself a bit hard the night before as she then glanced at the King. "I understand...I just wish there was more I could do...thats a lot of pressure to place on ones shoulders specially for one so young..." she stated simply, but if she could channel her magic to Ali while he performs the ritual then perhaps that could help him.

"I don't want to push to much onto him, I'm sure during the ritual if I am out of sync with him channeling my magic to him could disrupt it...at least..its a possibility..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:45 pm
"Who knows"Keruan said with a sigh "There are just so many possibilities that arise from this it's impossible to be able to tell what to do next or the best way to handle the situation. And I hate that it is my own son that has to take part in this. But that is the reason he was born. The reason his mother tried desperately to conceive a child with blue eyes."he said taking a deep breath as he stood up "Just please give the news to Alibaba. I need to go back to my study. There is still more work to be done in light of this new situation."he said inclining his head towards them before turning and leaving with a servant in tow behind him
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:59 pm
She held the parchment in her hand as she nodded her head watching him, before glancing to Jango as the door shut. "well it seems we have to work that much harder....Ali has a lot of pressure on him and his parents are basically scared to death that something well happen....so care to train some more today once we give Ali the message?" she asked with a smile as she pushed from the desk and towards the door.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:18 pm
"Yeah it seems like the best thing to do."Jango said frowning as he stretched out "A second djinn already... and to think I thought that Alibaba still had some time left to prepare himself before setting off on this journey. I suppose he is big enough now. Alibaba is going to live much longer and grow much slower than the rest of us"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:11 pm
"Even so lets just make sure that we do everything we can to help him." she stated tapping her chin though when he brought up the second dijinn "what sibling would take the element of water? more than likely we will have to go and find them and let them know....though for now lets go give this to Ali before we train."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:25 pm
"Water?....hm I actually don't know....you know....I actually don't know what all of our elements are."Jango said tapping his chin as he followed her out of the room and toward his mother's wing again much like the day before "Ask Alibaba when you see him, he's got all that crap memorized, as per his job to have such done"he stated with a laugh "That's above my paygrade."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:37 pm
She rolled her eyes at him "for his protector you sure don't know a lot." she stated teasing him as she chuckled, "I'm like his second mom though I rather think sister, but I still try and learn what he knows just on the off chance that I can lessen his load some." she said simply as she would turn towards him.

The two of them would head towards the Queen's wing and headed to the study, already she could feel the surge of power pulsing through the door, even as they entered the room the two of them stood to the side watching. Hanako's eyes watching Alibaba's movements as she smiled he seemed to be keeping up much better today.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:56 pm
"Eh, I just dont give two shits about my brothers and sisters except for Alibaba"Jango said "And sometimes Sheera, only because Ali likes her so much"he said before they entered the room to watch Alibaba

Alibaba was flying all over the room as a stream of fire chased him around tracking his every movement before he finally turned around holding out his hand as a ball of wind circled him as the fire grew bigger as it surrounded him inside before the direction of the flames began to swirl an opposite direction as Alibaba could be seen then twirling his hands above his head as the flames around him gathered as he threw the ball back at his mother before he quickly put his hands together "Spirit Chains!"he said as glowing blue chains shot up from the ground binding Iris just before the fireball collided with her causing a huge explosion of heat and energy to erupt around the magically enlarged interior of the room as Iris could be seen stepping through the flames dusting herself off "Good, you successfully used those chains. a djinn will have a much harder time breaking out of those chains than I because I am not a spirit beast like they are."she said before motioning "Your entourage is here to see you, take a break Alibaba"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:40 pm
Hanako would watch and was a bit in shock by it all but she smiled happily when she heard the praise he was given, she didn't want to clap but she did bow her head when Iris mentioned them. "Wonderful job Ali-sama." she said moving towards him, the scroll in her hand "your father wanted me to give this to you.." she said holding the scroll out to him. "also.....a second Dijinn is out....water."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm
Both Alibaba and the Queen paused with looks of shocks and horror on their face as they turned to face Hanako "What did you just say?"Iris said as Alibaba opened the scroll as she could clearly recognize her husbands handwriting as her face flushed just for a moment before she regained her composure "Alright, then there isn't anymore time to waste here playing games. The more djinn that are roaming free the more catastrophes can happen across the land."

Alibaba frowned giving his mother the scroll "Just when things were going so well tell. Looks like it's finally time to start planning this adventure!"he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 pm
Hanako almost was a bit startled when she saw both Ali and the Queen turn to her, she wondered if she was in trouble for just a moment when she had just been wanting to pass a message along. Though she would nod her head, "I thought that was going to be the case, its why I was training so hard the other night....shall Jango and I prepare what we would need for the journey?" she asked
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:42 pm
"Yes"Alibaba said nodding his head "We are going to prepare both the carriage and a letter. Even though the fire djinn is first, we need to let the Topaz Castle know that soon we are coming with the water djinn."Ali said as the Queen nodded actually impressed with her son and his friends on how well they were taking this daunting news "We are done for the day"she said before vanishing into thin air instantly as Alibaba blinked but shrugged "Wooo finally we get to leave the castle!"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:19 am
Hanako would shake her head at Ali as she stood there and would smile, "alright you go and get a few things settled that you need, I'll get what we would need to travel with and ask the servants help with preparing the carriage." she stated and glanced over at Jango then back to Ali. "I'm rather happy as well to leave, I've not been able to explore this world since coming to it."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 am
"Oh it's quite vast. And we are going to the Topaz Castle, that means we get to go to the beach!"Alibaba said happily "I love the ocean!"he commented

"Yeah but first we have to go to Java Mountain and take care of the fire djinn first"Jango commented as he transformed from his cat from now that his mother had vanished "I'll help you get ready Hanako. Alibaba you go do all the things around the Capitol that you need before we go. We won't be back for a while, the people deserve to know where their Disciple is going so there is no panic."he said as Alibaba nodded "That is correct, those will want to offer their prayers and blessings at the Church and give their offerings to Barcyl before I leave for a long time. Thank you for reminding me Jango."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:52 pm
Hanako would look over to Jango as she smiled a bit "well he is here to help keep you on your schedule as am I" she stated as she looked at him, "Jango if you can get the carriage set up I'll go to the servants and tell them what needs to be taken care of while we are gone...I'll also make sure that any clothing we nee will be packed as well."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:24 pm
"Right"Jango said with a nod as Alibaba headed off. Jango headed out of the room heading out to the stables to get the horses hitched up to the magical carriage that was going to transport them across the countryside

Alibaba made his way out of the castle down to the village square and to the Church where he was dressed in his priestly robes as he kneeled down to began saying a long magical prayer that was supposed to spread cheer and good fortune to all who felt it's power
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:11 pm
Hanako was soon outside helping Jango as she already had a few of the necessaries, one trunk was a few scrolls, books, etc that could help with the Dajins. Cloths of course a few others, and then supplies such as food, water, etc... "The servants already have their chores split up to take over the extra load without me here." she said glancing at him. "Do I need to get anything else?" she asked, since this was her first time helping with a trip like this she wasn't sure what all was needed.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 pm
"Nope"Jango said as he dropped off a large trunk and took his sack off his back laying it across one of the chairs "Just anything you would use on the day to day in the castle. This carriage is more like a moving fortress all designed to keep Alibaba safe and comfortable so it's not like the traveling will be rough, but it is a far distance we will be covering."Jango said "That's what we have to be prepared for."he said looking at her once over "I hope you are ready for what is to come, I hope we all are."he said "Whenever we are all set here we can head over to the Church to pick up Alibaba."he said "But I'd give him some time, many villagers are going to wanna see him before we go"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum