The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Crimson Petals upon the Wind - Page 7 Empty Re: Crimson Petals upon the Wind

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:21 pm
"We never thought of the idea that it was Ren himself who caused it....or even Luna having grown angry but either way Sayuri knows something. She has to remember something or is refusing to say anything about it." Izanami stated with a heavy sigh, "either way we must figure it out...I do not like looking over my shoulder."

"Well Maybe next time your father goes on a trip you can go with him...your mother couldn't object to that" she said as she glanced back over to him as he was soon pulling his hioari off and she would turn again with a sigh "as for me bathing...I'll be fine its just dirt on my kimono can easily be patted off" she stated, "though I may skip lunch....I...have some studing I want to do before our usual routine starts."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:34 pm
"I do not believe we have anything to worry about looking over our shoulder"Taishou said "But you are right, the only person who has any sort of clue as to what happens is her, but we cannot force it out of her."he said as he eyed his wife "We do not need to know that badly despite our curiosity. There is no need to open a box that may not be able to be closed again."he told her "How is her gift developing anyway? I was gone for a while when I was battling Shishinki. I believed he knew of some connection, but he did not say."

"Skipping lunch isn't healthy, and it's worse to make it become a habit"Sesshoumaru said as he stripped himself down before wrapping a towel around his waist "Turn."he said as he crossed his arms over his chest in typical fashion "At least grab fruit or something while you study"he said as he began walking towards the connected bath as he slid into the water closing his eyes with just his nose above the water. She could tell that something was either bothering him or pressing his attention though he usually always still kept to himself until she made him speak
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 pm
"Then perhaps we should just directly ask the girl, I can be gentle about it if I must but those isles are her home plus they do provide a nice stratigic spot for us if we decide to make a port large enough to rival Kurama" she stated with a small smirk though at the mention of the girls gift the smirk slid from her lips. "its comes and goes she is able to conjour a gem now withoug inflicting pain upon herself but its very weak. There is little information on it so I do not know how to improve her...so I've been having her study medicinal plants and various other healing methods to see if anything resonates with her."

"Hai Hai, i know this Sesshoumaru you lecture me every time I skip lunch or even dinner." she stated with a sigh as she stood there, before turning at his command so he could wrap the towel around his waist. Though when he started for teh bath, her golden eyes opened some and she would soon follow him into the bath and waited till he was settled into the water before speaking "you know its easier to just tell me whats wrong than being a silent statue about it....I wont skip lunch if you tell me." she stated playfully almost bribing him with 'ill eat if you tell me'
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 pm
"If you can gently get it out of her then please do so, but do not damage her psyche any further than it has already been"Taishou said "You are right though, Kurama's fleet is quite admirable should there ever be a battle or seafare needed. Fully reclaiming the isles can become a priority once we know more about what happened to them."

Sesshoumaru let out a couple bubbles form his nose with his sigh before raising his head out of the water as he leaned against the side "I had that dream again about the strange sword calling out my name last night..and now Totosai my father's swordsmith is visiting the castle. Something about the visit though disturbs me greatly."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:04 pm
Izanami nodded "she is the rightful heir to those isles...by right she has the say of what is done with them...so we couldn't touch them even if we wished to." she stated tapping her chin, "unless she gave them to you or Sesshoumaru...but if mated he has entitlement to them."

She watched him and would soon move over slightly easing onto a stool, "He could simply need his sword looked after, he did have a serious battle not to long ago Sesshoumaru....as for your dream...I don't know much maybe your father does...your mother always goes on abut how your destined for a greatness...maybe this sword is part of that."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:15 pm
"And to think you thought she wouldn't have any political leverage"Taishou said as he shook his head "When she does marry Sesshoumaru then we will rightfully have acess to the isles, she may not even know it is her birth right. So I will inform her of this as well. I'm sure it'll solidify her mating to Sesshoumaru because it will allow her the resources to rebuild her home. Under their command."

Sesshoumaru made an indignant noise in his throat "It still bothers me. Something has felt off ever sense he came back from fighting Shishinki. I think he's going to have a new sword forged when I haven't gotten my first one yet. Why does my father need three blades? Sou'unga is ancient and the Tessaiga can not only kill 100 demons in a stroke, but absorb techniques from demons it has defeated.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:28 pm
"give it time I can think of other reasons to not wish her as my daughter" she stated quickly towards him as she stood there, "for now though I will continue to train her as i would any other 'servant' till she is mated to Sesshoumaru that is all she is...now...why did you bring that blacksmith here...you have two of the most powerful swords one being made from your own fang..so why another?"

"Perhaps he just believes he needs another, or this one is to be made for you Sesshoumaru. You could ask him" she stated as she watched him, before pushing herself up. "if you think to much on it your going to get lines in your forehead...right here" she stated tapping her own, but as she had brought her arm up her sleeve slid down revealing bandages and she soon winced as she pulled her arm down along with the sleeve as she gripped her shoulder slightly.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 pm
"Hpoefully one day you will care for her as much as you care for your own son"Taishou said then frowned at her question "The damned sword is malfunctioning. Every since I absorbed Shishinki's meido zangetsuha, Tessaiga has been randomly firing off the technique whenever the sword is activated...considering it is a technique that sends one straight to hell, I'd rather not take it lightly. I asked Totosai to forge another blade from the oversized Tessaiga that can contain the power of the meido zangetsuha properly."

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow seeing the bandages and her in pain "What happened to you? Did my mother push you too hard again during her training this morning? Is that why you are covered in dust?"he asked as he narrowed his eyes "Don't lie to me Sayuri"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:10 pm
She tilted her head some as she stood there thinking, "But wouldn't that also weaken the Tessaiga?" she asked as she looked at him, "it slays demons and steals their abilities if you take that from it...you could break it Taisho."

Sayuri would look at him as she stood there, "its nothing Sesshoumaru..." she stated but would look to the side when he told her not to lie. "it is my fault I pushed myself and fell unconscious...it has nothing to do with your mother....but...it is why my training ended early today"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:18 pm
"It wouldn't remove that ability from the Tessaiga. It would only remove the meido zangetsuha from it and put it into another blade. And I am not the one doing it, that is why I have summoned for Totosai. I trust no other person with a task of that caliber than the original maker of the sword"Taishou said "Perhaps the new sword may also have other abilities as well."

Sesshoumaru shook his head sighing "You are going to hurt yourself if you keep going to far."he said frowning "And why try to hide it from me?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:26 pm
"I didn't want you to worry, you always get upset anytime your mother seems to go overboard" She said looking at him as she stood there, "this one isn't so bad, I was the idiot your mother was actully going pretty easy on me today" she was of course lieing but she didn't want to start another argument, and if she was going to be at his side as his aid she needed to get stronger. "though it did give me a chance to practice more on my healing...I also set up a few 'vials' for you to see if you can guess which one has the poison or not"

"Perhaps, though this is interesting that your sword is having a 'will' of its own....didn't Totosai once tell you that the sword is a testament of your strength...you being unable to control the meido zangetsuha could be that test of the sword to you..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:43 pm
"I'll try to guess which one after my lunch then"Sesshoumaru said as he still eyed her for a moment before sighing and closing his eyes "Try to be more careful. I don't want you to get hurt anymore than a couple scratches and bruises"he said as he sunk down into the water again and closed his eyes acknowledging that he was done prodding and questioning her and accepted her responses

"Shishinki mentioned that the meido zangetsuha is still incomplete until it forms a full circle. Then it can be of any size and can send larger objects to hell including a full person. That will allow me to travel back and forth from the gates of hell. That also grants access to Lord Yami's tomb."Taishou said "I have gained a power that far supercedes anything I could have previously imagined"he said "I believe Totosai will have to change the current Tessaiga in order to master it."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:49 pm
Sayuri nodded her head watching him, before she would turn to leave she needed to at least get into some cleaner cloths before lunch or she knew Izanami would only get far more furious with her than today's 'failed' training lessons. She also wanted to make sure the vials were ready as she kept several of them in her room along with a small work station on the nights she couldn't sleep she worked on her medical training. Sayuri would change into a cleaner kimono pulling her hair to the side as she used a mirror to tie the obi humming softly as she did.

"You've gained a power that will now make others envy you far more as well Taisho....as well as turn our enemies attention fully towards you" She stated simply looking at Taisho, though at the mention of Yami's tomb she shifted. "best keep that part to yourself....that god would do anything to be free and use anyone to achieve it."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:57 pm
Sesshoumaru opened his eyes watching her leave as he then washed himself with his rose scented soaps as he soon got out and dried and dressed as he moved down the halls going to sit in the dining hall as he began eating though his mind was still deep in thought

"I agree. I will keep this power a secret. Like I said it is a dangerous power that I have been trying to deal with. Though even with it, I did not fully defeat Shishinki. He managed to run away from me, though it was an excellent opponent."Taishou said with a playful glint in his eye. The man loved the thrill of the fight and he never lost to anyone
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 pm
Sayuri wasn't long after Sesshoumaru as she would enter the dinning hall, as she slid into her place the servants already setting out the food for her to eat as she reached out grabbing the chopsticks though she wasn't using her injured arm, she just sat in silence knowing that soon his parents would be coming to join them.

Izanami chuckled at him as she would speak "Perhaps he will return and you can enjoy your fun once again...for now it is time to eat" she stated turning leaving the room, if anything the women was good at keeping a schedule' and it wasn't long till she was entering the dinning hall the same cold expression as she took her spot watching the two and noticing Sayuri eating with her other hand but kept it to herself knowing full well the cause of it, after all her claws had almost meet bone when she landed her attack.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 pm
"Mother"Sesshoumaru said acknowledging her as she came down though he continued eating. Sesshoumaru was getting to a point where he was on par if not stronger than his mother physically, though her experience and magics were still slightly superior to his own and so his training had shifted to his father and his Generals though he never fully forgave her for the past years of struggles and strife reflecting her same cold expression usually graced his face

"Good afternoon everyone"Taishou said as he came into the dining hall his hands on his stomach "This old dog is starving, let's eat!"he said sitting down as he quickly loaded up his plate and was about to take his first bite as he paused "Oh yes, while we are eating, Sesshoumaru and Sayuri, I need to have a serious adult conversation with the both of you since you coming of age and there are things going on in the background that need to be addressed."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm
Sayuri would look up when she saw Taisho and heard his voice as he began talking, though at the mention of things going in the background she would speak "do you wish us to meet you in your study after lunch then Lord Taisho?" She asked glancing towards Sesshoumaru and wondering just what they had in store for the two of them.

"I think it would be best to just discuss it now, we all have scheduals to keep" izanami said simply as she picked up her tea and took a drink, "what we will discuss involves your futures and just what sort of path we have worked hard to provide for the two of you."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:07 pm
"We are listening then.."Sesshoumaru said though couldn't help but be curious as to what his parents could possibly have wanted as his father began speaking as Taishou turned to Sayuri "Sayuri Ren...as one of the last if not the last Ren, the home of your people are the Mist Isles. As you well know the Isles are not officially governed by the West and as such without your father there to govern, the remainder of the isles that werent destroyed have fallen into chaos. We, as the rulers of the West can give you the resources to help rebuild your islands and take care of your people again, but not until the Isles are under western control. So instead of bringing more destruction and discord by taking the isles by force we have come up with a better idea. You and Sesshoumaru will marry. You are already taking care of him and I can think of no better person for the job, and then we can start working on restoring the isles back to their proper form."he said as he took a bite of his food

Sesshoumaru sat there for a long moment thinking about what his father had said as he closed his eyes as his forehead furrowed for a moment before his features relaxed and he opened his eyes "I accept."he said simply as he continued eating once again
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:53 pm
Sayuri sat there in silence as she listened to what was being said, she knew the isles were in disarray because of her family's fall but she hadn't been back since. But at the last part of her marring Sesshoumaru she froze, her golden eyes darting between his parents then back to him as he said he'd accept it. Granted she had known him for several years now but neither one is then had expressed any feelings towards the other, as far as she knew he didn't see her as anything other than his aid. "So....this would be all for political reasons then..?" She asked as she sat there.

"Child most demons only mate for such reasons, it was the same for myself and Taisho. Enjoying his company came later." She said simply but with a straight face. "Trust me I've looked for more sutible females to mate my son.....this is all Taishos idea. Your isles also are a good strategic point against other lands and offer resources we do not have here in the West."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm
"Indeed it is my idea"Taishou said "And while Izanami is correct, the fact that you and Sesshoumaru have known each other for years already is a small hope. Since you two get along so well already."he said as he looked over to Sesshoumaru nodding his head and looked back at her "So then, the choice is up to you if you are ready to begin restoration of the isles."he said "Izanami has already been training you to take her place as Lady of the West. You two are one of the last few dogs left in our world"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:53 pm
Sayuri didn't know what to say it was like all eyes were on her, she felt small almost like she was being controlled as she sat there. Granted if her parents had lived, things probably would have been different, she would have been in a similar position like this but...would her parents have forced her to wed another just for political reasons? Sayuri would then close her eyes as she would speak "Do I have time to think about it?" she asked.

Izanami almost stood up to slap the girl, how dare she say such a thing. Her eyes almost turned red as she would speak "You would dare ask such a thing? Sesshoumaru is far better than you deserve and you dare ask to think about it?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:59 pm
Sesshoumaru made a motion and held up his hand towards his mother as he turned to Sayuri "Do you see where my short temper comes from? If it is alright with you father, may we give her until dinner time to come up with an answer? You presented to her a lot of information, and while there may be one clear answer, she, as a potential future Lady of the West can be afforded at least a few hours to sort the ideas out in her head."he said

Taishou nodded his head as he at "Very well said Sesshoumaru, you have a good point. It is not as though starting paperwork now or in a few hours will make much difference. Take some time and think it over and tonight I will receive your answer Sayuri."he said just as Sesshoumaru placed his chopsticks down bowing his head and leaving the table, he himself wanting the opportunity to think over things once again
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm
Sayuri didn't even flinch at Izanami's reaction, this was her life that they were now discussing and she wasn't going to be pushed into a decision so quickly. Since coming here she had the freedom to leave at anytime, Taisho made that clear but she continued to push on wanting that to be her choice and no one else. When Sesshoumaru stood up to leave, she waited a few moments before bowing her head "I'll be sure to give you my answer before dinner..." she said as she turned leaving in the opposite direction of Sesshoumaru her mind whirling with ideas she didn't even know were to begin.

Izanami was fuming even after they left as she turned to Taisho, "You are going to give her time to think this over?! The choice is obvious!" she stated
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:16 pm
"If the choice is so obvious, then why does it matter if I give her time to think it over?"Taishou shot back at her knowing it'd probably piss her off more "Let her come into this decision on her own terms. Let her decide it is the best thing for her, her people and for Sesshoumaru."he said as he continued eating calmly "Like I said, what is a few hours difference?"

Sesshoumaru moved into his room as he closed his door behind him as he sat down cross legged on his bed as different ideas raced through his head *It would make the most sense to have Sayuri as my mate...I feel as though a part of me has always known my father's intentions, and now that he has overruled my mother I have accepted his better judgment. I am the only Prince and my mother wanted the option to shop me around between Princesses Miaka, Ryoko and Asuramaru but my father rather me be with a dog...I will accept his judgment*he thought to himself
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:27 pm
Sayuri leaned against the wall as she pressed her hand to her head some trying to think as she pushed her hair from her face, she didn't know what to choose. If she said no would she continue to live here? Would her home be ripped from her grasp before she had even a chance to return to it? She had seen the maps when studding as a child, and Taisho did not keep it a secret from her the state of her home was when they went searching for reasons why she was left to fend for herself. *I don't know what to choose....does he even care about me....or am I just another servant to him?* she asked herself her arms sliding around herself only for her to wince as she gripped her still wounded arm. *I cannot even fend myself from his own mother....what good would I do as his mate?*

Thought after thought raced through her mind, as she found herself in one of the garden courtyards, her back pressed against a tree as she stood there staring up through the leaves though all she saw was 'scenario' after 'scenario' of each thought she had, she was so lost within her thoughts she didn't even hear the wind rustling through the leaves.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum