The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Magic Mayhem - Page 14 Empty Re: Magic Mayhem

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm
"Yeah, I hope we definitely have more exciting times like these"Akihiko said as he plopped down as well "It'd been growing dull just sitting around not doing anything except going on jobs, though I'm sad so many people lost their lives."he said "How are you holding up by the way with all of this?"he asked now that they were alone
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:37 pm
"It's strange.....I guess I've always known they were all dead ever since Azurtis first told me about the attack and when she found me. But being in that place....seeing what happened. Seeing who they were.....made them real. It hurts but I can't cry.....is something wrong with me?" She asked
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:57 pm
"Nah"Akihiko said calmly as he kicked his feet up leaning back with his eyes closed "You can't really cry over something that was never there. You learned some sad facts, but that's it. You cried over Azurtis vanishing for months. Because she was there and those are memories you have together. Your parents may be your parents but that's all they are. Azurtis...Kenji and Cali, that's your family."he said as he opened his eyes looking at her "You'd be devastated if anything happened to them. That's sounds pretty normal to me. I don't know nothing about my parents but even if I did, you guys are all I really care about, even if they were alive."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 am
She smiled softly and leaned over against him, curling her feet up on the couch as she leaned again him, resting her head on his shoulder. "I'd cry if something happened to you too Aki." She said softly and light yawn escaped her. "We may argue or disagree or even fight sometimes...but your family too. You are very important to me Akihiko..." She said as sleep started to take hold of her. Much like it had for Chichi who was laid out in laylas lap lightly snoring.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:56 am
"Yeah, you too"Aki said as Nekka slept on the cushion next to him as Aki let out a yawn himself dozing off

Kenji soon came out of his bedroom grabbing a drink before Cali got home and smiled seeing them all on the couch "I remember when you all were small enough to carry back to your bedrooms"he said as he snapped as a blanket appeared on them grabbing his bottle of sake "Good night guys"he whispered going back into his room closing the door once more
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:04 am
Calista walked through the front door not too long after the two dragon slayers dozed off and smiled when she notices them. Quietly shedding off her coat and shoes she made her way upstairs to her and Kenjis room with a pair of forks and some wrapped up leftovers from the guild. "Saw those two downstairs. Quite the day huh?" She said and lightly chuckled. "Mister Oliver went right to bed himself after he ate. Though he said that no matter what he would find a way to pay us back for all his help."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm
"Him being able to tell Layla about her future is more than enough payment for me"Kenji said. He wasn't laying in bed like he said he was going to, but he was sitting at his desk as he grabbed the bottle pouring a drink for the both of them "And it was quite an eventful day, if I wasn't writing down these notes I would have probably been asleep by the time you got here too."he said with a chuckle as he pulled her over into his lap "Everything okay at the guild?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:40 pm
"Yes. I haven't said anything to anyone else about what's happened. Best to keep it to ourselves till tomorrow at least." She said as she kicked off her shoes and walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Do you think Layla will want to go back there someday? Rebuild her kingdom?" She said and made a face. "That's so strange to say."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 pm
"I don't know"Kenji said as he picked up his glass taking a deep drink from it "I do know that if she decides to, that's her choice and we will support her in every way possible. But I don't think that'll happen until they are truly grown up and our age. It takes a lot to run a guild, imagine running an entire kingdom"he said with a laugh "I do know that until that time, we as guardians have to keep her safe from whatever these forces are that fucked her kingdom over in the first place"Kenji sighed finally able to let out some of his frustrations of his equally long day "Just who exactly are these people, and why now? We had enjoyed such peaceful silence across the Kingdom for so many years now"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:57 pm
"Whose to say? There are bad people out there but perhaps coming forward now mean that they we close to whatever it is they have planned." She said and shuddered."I'm afraid we might be seeing what that is soon."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:16 pm
"Unfortunately I'm afraid you are right"he said sighing again and taking another drink "Can I eat? I dont remember the last time I had a bite and I used up a lot of magic today"he said as his stomach then let out a loud rumble as he laughed "My stomach agrees"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:33 pm
"Yes love." She chuckled and laid the food put on his desk. "Sorry if it's random. It's what was left." There was some mixed fruit, potatoes and chicken, stir fried vegetables and his favorite dessert. "Thought you would like the pick-me-up."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:06 am
"Absolutely!"Kenji said happily as his eyes lit up as he began scarfing down food "I didn't eat breakfast this morning either since I left early, so I've just been drinking steadily all day"he laughed between bites "Do you need anything before we go to bed?"he asked looking over at her
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:04 pm
"No." She said as she sipped the drink he gave her and sat on their bed. "Making sure your taken care of is fine with me." She said and smiled.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:18 pm
"Oh I'll be just fine"Kenji said with a smile as he finished up the left over food and put his pen down "I suppose I should be spending some time with my wife after such a long day like today"he said with a chuckle as he moved over to the bed kissing the top of her head as he stripped down and climbed in "Let's get some rest, something tells me tomorrow is going to be just as hectic as today was"he said with a smile
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:32 pm
Calista took one last sip and changed for bed and turned out the light before climbing in beside him. "Goodnight Kenji. Sleepwell." she saiud with a kiss to his lips before snuggling inclose to him.

THe next day layla woke with a soft yawn and sighed as she sat up and stretched. She she opened her eyes she came to the realization that she had fallen asleep in the sitting room. A soft snore made her turn to her left to find Aki there beside her. she couldnt help the blush that washed over her cheeks. Nor the soft smile that played on her lips. Layla had known for sometime that her feelings toward Akihiko were more then brotherly affection. THough the day before had made her made her realize that time wasnt always going to be on herside and who knew what could would happen or when thier new enemy would strike again. She summed up some courage and leaned in again him again, barely brushing her lips over his when she heard Calistas door open and her coming down stairs. She pulled away so fast ,and hopefully with out waking Akihiko, that poor Chichi was sent falling from her lap. "Hey!" The little pink cat cried out. "Whats the big idea-Chi?" She wined sleepily.
Layal groaned. If he wasnt awake, he was now. "Sorry Chichi." she said and scooped her up. "good morning Layla." Calista said as she came over, gave her a good morning peck on the side of her head and went to the kitchen. "Sleep well?"
"Uh..ye...eah..."
Calista looked back at her. "Layla? everything okay?"
"FIne!" She blurtted out and her face was a near perfect shade to her red hair. Had Cali seen? Did she know? Would she tell Aki?! "I gotta go!" she said and sprinted for the door, grabbing her shoes and hurridly putting them on. "What about breakfast?" Cali asked, concerned and confused at Laylas behavior. "I'll get some at the guild bye!" She said and ran out the door with chichi in tow.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:53 pm
Aki was still snoring until he felt Layla suddenly move and sprint off the couch and out the door as he woke up scratching his head sniffing "Breakfast?"he questioned as he stood up yawning "Where'd Layla and Chichi go?"he asked noticing Nekka still sleeping on the couch as he yawned again stretching "Did I miss something?"

"Not that I know of"Kenji said as he made his way down the stairs "Good morning everyone"he said smiling as Aki waved tiredly sitting down at the breakfast table
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:14 pm
"Morning." Calista said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as she passed. "Laylas acting strangly this morning. She nearly leaped off the couch and ran out the door as soon I stepped into the room." she said as she began to get breakfast made.

"THat was so stupid! Why did I act like that?" Layla said out loud, chastising herself. "They probably think I'm crazy or something." She said and Chichi yawned from Laylas shoulder. "Crazy crazy-chi" She said.
"Not helping Chichi." Laylka said with a sigh.
"Chichi cant be helpful until Chichi eats-chi." She said and in unison their two stomach groaned in demand of their morning meal. "SOrry about that Chichi. As soon as we get to the guild I''' get us some breakfast. Okay?"
"Okay-Chi"
Once they reached the guild, which was surprisingly busy that morning, layla made her way up to the counter and ordered breakfast for them. As she sat down, a voice came up from behind.
"Good morning Layla." She turned and gaped. Oliver stood their in clean clothes, clean shaved save for a mustache that he decided to keep, hair cut to a more manage and tied back and his scar and right eye were wrapped up. "Wow. Almost couldnt recognize you. You look very handsome Oliver."
"Kind words Miss. Bot as young as I once was and the clothes fit oddly." He said as he sat down beside her. "Oh im sure once youve put on a bit of weight they will fit fine. You were just managing to scrap by when we met."
"Yes....I had managed to keep myself well fed for sometime but in the last year, the sudden winter that hit the valley wiped out someof what i had and i had no time to prepare for the long cold months." He said with a sigh.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:15 pm
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:23 pm
"Hmmm....strange"Aki said though his fingers went up to touch his lips slightly as he got a small smile on his face before passing out again at the kitchen table until the food was done...like usual as Kenji shook his head "We have such an interesting household"he said with a laugh

"So this morning we decided to help Mr. Oliver out a little bit"came the voice of Quan-Li as he walked up ordering his usual tea whenever he was in the guild "Good morning Little Rock and Chichi"he smiled happily "I hope you all slept well yesterday after such a long day"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:31 pm
"Yes...Thank you-Chi" Chichi said and smiled at him from her place on the counter top. "Sorry about Yesterday Quan-li. I know you and sonia were only trying to protect me." She said as Sonia came to join them. "All is forgiven little one." She said and put a hand on the girls head. "So where is my little Aki? If your here, he and Nekka surely are not too far." She said with a chuckle as she took her coffee from the server on the outher side of the counter who also placed a bowl of mixed fruit and a fish on a plate for the dragon slayer and little cat. Oliver ordered simple toast with Jam and tea. "Are you sure you dont want anything else Oliver? You dont have to worry if its about money.."
"Oh no miss...its not that and Miss Calista explained that to me last night. No its just that I am already use to meager helpings. Miss calista and I agreed that I should start small less i make myself sick."
"Wise choice." Sonia said and looked to layla who had yet to answer her question about Akihiko.
"So?" She probed and layla forced herself not to blush thinking about the mornings ealier events. "Still at home...I wanted to come in ahead of everyone else to check on Olivr."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:36 pm
"Didn't the guildmaster give specific orders for you two to not be separated for the time being?"Quan-Li asked shaking his head with a small laugh "Always the stubborn children it seems."he said "I'm sure he'll be right along then, Calista cooks fast, and Aki eats it before it's done cooking anyway"he laughed and almost as if on cue Aki came bursting through the guild doors with his ever high energy self "Training day!!"he yelled excitedly as sparks crackled around him

"Well, we know what he's charged up about today"Quan-Li chuckled as he sipped his tea "You asked for this one Sonia"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:14 pm
"Oh I'm sure he will give my spirits a good warm up." She said and stepped forward. "Morning Aki. you look excited this morning...considering the master told you not to part from Layla." She said in a teasing tone as the master and Calista walked in. "Oh he knows....its layla who should not have running out of the house in a pnic this morning who should have known better." Calista said and gave Layla a lookas she went around the counter. "I know this is going to be hard Layla but you are a target to this guild and you need to be careful." She chastised.
"I know...sorry."
"Just please be careful....What would Azurtis say if she came looking for you and something had happend?" her tone was teasing but she just shook her head with a smile. "We all care about you....just as much, if not a little more, then we do all members of the guild."

"Shes right Kid." Sonia said. "Besides, a Princess whould know better then to run off without her bodyguard."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:53 pm
"I'm sure she won't make the same mistake again correct?"Kenji said with a smile back at them as he rounded the corner stepping into his office for a few moments

Akihiko smiled proudly thumping his chest "You can count on me"he said before pausing as a disturbing presence was felt as the guild doors opened up and a tall man with long dark hair much like Kenji's walked through, but where Kenji had violet eyes, this man's was a steely gray as he dropped his large bag with a loud thud as Kenji came back around the corner a frown etched deep into his usually smiling face "Iroh....so you got my message after all then? I figured when you didn't show up yesterday with the others that you were going to ignore me."he said calmly

"Ignore you? Now why would I ever do such a thing like that baby brother? Anything for the family guild you know, "Guildmaster" Kenji"Iroh said with a cheeky smirk "Besides I've been away a long time, it's nice to see how things are again."

"Iroh Yamamoto was named after their grandfather, and he too is a passionate man, but in all the wrong ways"Quan-Li informed the group "Iroh was considered a prodigy at learning the Yamamoto clans Iron Make magic, even taking it a step further into his impenetrable Steel Make Magic. However that was completely overshadowed with Kenji's birth and the awakening of the lost magic of his grandmother that Master Craven so desperately wanted to develop within him and it put the two brothers at odd ever since. Prodigy vs. Prophecy"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:00 pm
Layla turned to face this strange man who looked like an older version of their Guildmaster, save for the eyes. "Been some time Iroh." Sonia said coldly. Normally to everyone else she was warm and kind and often a flirt. But to this man, she was as cold as Mt. Hakube.
"The tension in here is quite palpable. I think i will return to my room and....continue tending to my books" Oliver said and excused himself.
calista moved to stand beside her husband. "Welcome back Iroh." she said calmly. Trying to be friendly in this strange and heavy situation.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum