The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

The World on the other Side - Page 8 Empty Re: The World on the other Side

Sun May 01, 2016 10:09 pm
"Well of course, his magic protects us all even to this day. Remember how I told you that each palace has a gem it represents? Well with those gems together, it gives off a protective ward fending us off from the creatures in the shadowlands just outside our nation. Should any of the gems ever go missing, our kingdom would be thrown into chaos and turmoil."Alibaba said "It is the duty of the Disciple to ensure that never happens"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 pm
"Really? th...thats kinda scary Ali.." she said a bit startled to hear about that, though she was sure that those gems were well guarded and not just anyone was allowed to get to them. "Though lets focus on one thing at a time, you said magical training yes?" she asked as she would shut the book she had been reading.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon May 02, 2016 12:30 am
"No, that comes after dinner, after your body is fed again, but first comes physical training with Jango, you must strengthen the body to stregthen the mind"Alibaba said smiling standing up "I suggest we get outside for this one, this should be fun to watch"he said grinning
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 am
Hanako sighed some as she looked at the two of them, "Your going to kill me..." she muttered mostly to herself, but setting the books aside she would follow them out towards the grounds that they would use for training purposes. A rather large field with various different things for training, even what looked like an obstacle course, in one section.

"Why do I feel like I just signed up for bootcamp but I'm not in the army..." she said glancing around, not even sure what to start with or what Jango had in mind. "Did I mentioned I've never fought in my life....ever?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon May 02, 2016 1:35 pm
"Good, then I won't have to break you from any bad habits"Jango said jumping up as he transformed into his regular form his arms crossed "Don't worry, Alibaba trains during this time as well too, he'll be helping you out, the best way to learn is to teach."he said as he puffed his pipe as the smoke then transformed into two floating blades behind him that swirled and danced around hand free

Alibaba nodded holding out his hands as twin swords appeared in his hands "Jango's biggest strengths comes from his mastery of illusions...and fire. He uses a four sword technique, but two of the swords he never touches at any given time"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon May 02, 2016 4:43 pm
She would watch the swords appear in their hands as the other two floated around Jango and she blinked a few times, though for now she would soon reach down as she grab hold of the knife though as she pulled it free, she remembered what Ali had said that the blade would take shape of what fit the user, as she did the blade twisted before a long staff appeared and then a curved blade at the end and she blinked "the...hell....why is it a scythe?" She stated in shock
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon May 02, 2016 11:45 pm
"Man....you must have some dark stuff in your soul"Alibaba commented looking at her scythe "It takes the form of whatever weapon naturally will feel most comfortable to the user, but a scythe? That's the first...."he commented before rushing forward swinging his swords at Jango whose two outer swords crossed in front of him blocking him from Alibaba while he still kept his eyes closed puffing his pipe
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am
"Im...I'm not dark!" she stated quickly as she stood there, the scythe was rather light in her arms and she would grip it unsure what to do as she watched Alibaba suddenly attack. However, Jango looked like he was bored and she bit her lip "um...how do I attack with this thing?" she asked in between the clashes of their attacks.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue May 03, 2016 5:40 pm
"You swing it!" Alibaba said simply and happily as Jango deflected his attack making Ali stumble backwards as Jango sighed "It's not that simple Ali she doesn't fight. So with a scythe, your blade is on the interior portion of the curve, so you want to swing in wide arcs towards your opponent in order to either pierce them with the tip, or slice them with the blade" Jango explained
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 6:27 pm
She almost wanted to stick her tongue out at Ali, she knew she had to swing it but she didn't know just where or how to as she looked towards Jango as he finally began to explain. She listened then looked up at the blade "so...like this.." she would soon move the blade in a slow motion just to demonstrate as she swung the blade in a large arch, though she was holding it like a baseball bat as it nearly flew from her fingers. "Woops!" she stated catching it before it got to far from her grasp.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 pm
"You have to find the center of balance. The point where it feels like a natural extension of your own arm. That is the pivot point in which you will derive the power and accuracy for your swing"Jango said as he walked over to her as he stood behind her grabbing her arms and gently guided her form, his body molded against hers to show her the proper technique "Make sense now?"he asked
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed May 04, 2016 7:15 pm
She looked at him as she straightened up after swinging it, though when he came up behind her she blinked a few times and tried not to blush slightly but nodded as he moved her hands to position better on the staff. "alright I think that makes sense..." she stated before she tested out a swing, this time as she was still a bit off balance but she didn't almost throw it this time.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed May 04, 2016 11:02 pm
"That's a solid first step, just keep practicing that"Jango said as Alibaba then rushed towards him again sending out a large wave of water as Jango puffed on his pipe as a wall of fire rose from around his feet dousing it "You'll have to attack harder than that Alibaba"he said shaking his head
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu May 05, 2016 11:11 am
Hanako would jump when Alibaba suddenly attacked and she watched the flames jump from around Jango, but she took a deep breath startled by it all. "Mind not doing that around me!" she snapped and would then move to a more.....vacant area and began to practice a few swings making sure her posture was good and her arms where Jango had instructed her to use. "never thought I'd be swinging a scythe.." she muttered to herself.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 08, 2016 8:10 pm
"Well yeah"Alibaba said as he relentlessly attacked his brother over and over again "How else can you protect me if you aren't fighting seriously? To fight seriously, you must learn to use your weapon"he said slicing at Jango again as two of his swords crossed in front of him blocking it once more.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun May 08, 2016 8:31 pm
She shoo her head some watching the two of them fighting, though she would take a deep breath she needed to learn how to fight to protect Ali...so that way Jango didn't have to do it either as she would close her eyes gripping her weapon and focused. It was apart of her as a magical weapon, it changed to what would work for her the most. Taking another deep breath she would start to practice a few more swings though as she did she gripped the staff a bit tighter as a strange energy for a moment seemed to surge from her causing the blade on the scythe to glow with strange runes. As she suddenly swung, a blast was sent from it carving through the ground and towards them as she blinked "oh crap...guys watch out!" she yelled startled that she did that.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm
Alibaba turned his head and held out his hand as an energy dome surrounded he and his brother as her attack sliced around it as it faded "Wow, that was pretty powerful stuff you got there"Alibaba said curiously "Can you do that again?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun May 08, 2016 9:49 pm
She stood there looking at him a bit then to her weapon "i...I don't know I mean I can try..." she stated as she stood there then looked to Jango "I did it without thought so....im not sure if it wil work this time." she gripped the staff of her scythe and took a deep a breath. As she did the runes would appear again this time, they where ancient ones if either one of them could read them she would then raise the staff again as she swung again as another blast was thrown from the blade slicing up the ground.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon May 09, 2016 9:14 am
Alibaba held out his hand again as the attack actually broke his shield upon impact this time making him gasp in surprise "Wow! That attack seems to get stronger the more you use it!"he said shaking his hand

Jango nodded "Good, we have a new ability that we can play with"he said letting out a puff of smoke walking over towards her "We just have to get you into fighting form"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon May 09, 2016 8:58 pm
She looked up at them as Jango walked over and she nodded some, "I suppose, though I really am not sure how I am even doing it...." she stated as the runes faded on the blade, she watched them then would tilt her head some she might be doing some research tonight. "and Ali I really dont want to keep using you as target practice so if im going to use that attack again your not to be the target ok?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon May 09, 2016 9:35 pm
"Why not? It's strong, but it's nothing I can't handle as long as I'm watching it"Alibaba said simply "It's also good to practice strong defense, not just overwhelming offense, Jango taught me that" he stated as Jango nodded his agreement,"Very good Ali"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue May 10, 2016 11:15 am
"I still rather not attack you Ali, im your assistant not your body guard like Jango" she said with a sigh as she stood there, "besides..I really dont want to fight unless I have to...and thats only to protect you Ali"

Though looking at Jango she would shift some, "so what else should I practice with this? the closest thing to a weapon I've ever gotten close to is archery...but that was because of school."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed May 11, 2016 1:46 pm
"Well....then try throwing it"Jango said and brushed off the crazy look he got in response as he grabbed one of his swords "My sword is a straight line, and still when thrown, forms a circle"he said as he launched his sword at Ali as he ducked and the sword flew past him and stuck in the ground behind him as Alibaba stuck out his tongue at his brother "You scythe is already circular, that means you can get a faster rotation and inflict some serious damage, and then simply use your magic to pull it back to you"Jango said holding out his hand as his sword flew out of the ground towards him as Alibaba jumped over it without even looking, apparently already used to that trick from his brother
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed May 11, 2016 3:23 pm
Hanako watched him and as how Ali easily dodged without so much as worried about it, "Ali I want' you to move out of the way I have no idea what is going to happen when i do this." she stated towards him, as she really didn't want to even use Ali as a target. She moved a bit away from Jango as well still not sure what would happen.

Gripping the scythe she looked at its circular blade, then glanced to make sure Jango and Ali were not going to be int he way. "alright....here goes..." she said as she raised the scythe as she ahd done before just practicing swings, and as she did the Ali and Jango would notice those strange runes once again showing up. Though a red aura seemed to even lightly outline her body as she would suddenly throw it the scythe almost launched from her hands like a cannon slicing through the dummies before hitting the ground creating a rather large crater as it sent a back lash wave making them all slightly slid back. "Th...the hell did I just do?1" she said in shock as she was standing there a bit scared now to even summon it back towards her.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed May 11, 2016 6:02 pm
"It looks like you blew a big hole in the ground"Alibaba said obviously as he looked at the ground "So it does get stronger the more you use it..but that quickly is impressive."he said as Jango nodded his agreement "I agree, that is quite impressive."Jango said "Those runes...I've never seen something like that before, that isn't a language we've used in the last couple hundred years that's for certain."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum