The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Beyond the Event Horizon - Page 6 Empty Re: Beyond the Event Horizon

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:15 am
Jayden glanced over at the captain again, her eyes drifting from the screen before her and she shifted. It would be interesting to become apart of the strike team, the AIRWARs were a great asset in cases like this. Though as she was about to say something, something flashed across her monitor and she turned to look back. Typing a few things in, even though she was a doctor she had some great skills in the tech department, hacking into things was just a simple task for her "wait....what is...this...." she stated as a few turned noticing she was focusing away from the dome, the monitors were picking something up as she began to enhance the image forcing the camera to turn were she wanted it to go and soon she paused. "thats....." her eyes widening. "Captain.." she turned to look towards her, "I think I found what creatures we are dealing with...." she said as she tapped a button and an image appeared up on all screens, showing a creature it was humanoid in appearance but its body was different "their aquatic...on earth we'd call them merfolk"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:23 pm
Kai paused lowering his arms slightly as the creature appeared as Kai was mesmerized with the multicolored tendrils he possessed as he took a step closer "State your name and why you are rummaging around in our mechs..."he demanded as he helped Ezra back up onto her feet "Again, any sudden move and I will fire upon you."

Eluna blinked as she stepped closer to the monitor as she brought her hand up to her chin "Interesting.....what exactly are they though...they are similar to merfolk...yet their anatomy isn't exactly the same as those found on earth that much is obvious...."she stated tapping her chin "Alright, I've decided, I want to know what's going on in that dome. How fast can we prepare the watercraft for launch? The AIRWAR hangar door is broken but the other vechicles in the other hangars should be okay to launch after some minor repairs. I want those done ASAP.....I'm going to go to this city myself."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:15 pm
The alien fish person titled his head to one side not understanding at first before a look of realization crossed the black eyes. He oriented his mouth and began speaking in a language neither could understand. When he realized neither could understand him, he lifted his hand and began fiddling with a cuff on his arm. “Hey, what are you doing?” Ezra called wondering if it was a weapon. ’hey....you.....doing....what....
Are...’
her words repeated as they came back through the device and the alien smirked at her and her face of confusion. Soon he was done messing with it, “he...hello? Is this working?” Said a the creature. “Can you understand me?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 pm
Jayden looked at Eluna and would speak "we have a lot of work to do if we are going to get anywhere near that dome..." she warned the captain as she stood up, "we can't just barge in there, if we attempt to show we are hostile we will be in great trouble here Eluna!" she said turning to her, and pushing up her glasses. She sighed before shaking her head, then she hit another button "hey you pieces of shit..." Eluna could hear one of Jayden's staff members charm in, "what is it doctor....and can you not..." "I'll call you what I want till you fix what you broke, anyways...I need a whole med kid and medicines prepared that we won't miss or can make more later....god help you if you break anything" she said turning off the intercom then looked at Eluna. "I'm getting some 'gifts' ready hopefully they'll accept it just the basics...any diseases we naturally can cure they might not"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Kai's jaw pratically hit the sand as the creature before him started talking before he eventually shook off his shock and nodded his head "Hello...I can understand you now."he said "I am Commander Lyon of the Milky Way Galactic Alliance, this is my partner Vice Commander Lee. Those are our mechs, and who and what exactly are you and what business do you have touching our machines?"he questioned as he lowered his arms as the dark pulsating energy dissipated

"That's brilliant!"Eluna said clapping her hands together "That way we can foster a relationship and show we come in peace...as cliche as that sounds. God I could just kiss you sometimes, this is why I'm glad to have you here on this mission."she said "Alright, I'll get engineering to finish fixing up those watercraft ASAP. How soon do you think your team will have those supplies ready by?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 pm
“Apologies. I meant no disrespect,...my name is Meelo Galgunai. I’m an engineer and as for what I am, my people and I are known as Siphtion. We are the only intelligent species on this planet....well...were. I’m afraid we do not know of this alliance, my people have kept to them selves and that may be what has put us in such a predicament.”
“What predica?”
“We are held captive by the same beast that attacked you. The great Leviathans roam these watersc eating anything they can find.....they have been especially interested in us for some time now...I saw your great beats fight it off and I had to see if they were injured...imagine my surprise and excitement when I discovered they were machines!”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 pm
"Shouldn't take long if they know I hate waiting" Jayden stated looking at her, "and if you kiss me....you may regret that captain I don't swing that way" she stated and would then step away from the controls. Moving to leave the deck, "Get things ready and I'll have what I need ready as well and wheeled down....lets see what sort of exciting creatures we're going to meet.....all those great tests just waiting ot happen.." she said her eyes glossing over with the thoughts of what she could get to do soon as she headed down the hall muttering about this test or another.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 pm
"Oh....is that what that beast is called.....a Leviathan....well at least some words are universal."Kai said and shook his head "I'm sorry that I raised a weapon towards you. I thought you were attempting to steal our AIRWARs....that's what these mechanical beasts you are referring to are called...and while they aren't injured per say, their power cores are shut down and in need of some recharging before they are operational again. Our ship was attacked by some weird space tendrils that drained our power and caused us to have to do a crash landing on your planet. My partner and I were doing some scouting and exploring when we got separated from the rest of the ship's crew and attacked by that Leviathan which caused us to be stranded here."he explained "You wouldn't happen to have a battery charger or be an engineer would you? No clue how long we are going to be stranded out here until the AIRWARs regain enough of a charge on their own to radio for help" he pointed out "Just how long have your people been on this planet...and how long have those things been attacking?"

"Do you swing anyway? I can't remember the last time I saw you with a man, woman or otherwise"Eluna teased as she pulled up a screen on the monitor that flashed before Kuki picked up "Good evening Captain"she stated with a salute "How can I help you?" "Tell Cam I want those watercraft ready to go by first thing in the morning. I don't care if you have to work all night, I want them fortified and armed and ready for exploration."she commanded as Kuki nodded "Yes, Ma'am!"she said as the screen clicked off as she looked over at Cam "Well our workload just doubled..."she sighed as she began typing at her computer once more
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm
“I am an engineer! I build many great things for my people.” He said and held up his hand. “This brace is one of them! It gives me ability to communicate with you.” He said, “amount other things of course....but more on that later.” He said with a chuckle. “And do not worry. Your are in a strange place and we’re nearly killed by the planets less than friendly inhabitants. I would be cautious too.” He said and turned back to the AIRWARs. “I can do what I can to help. It may take some time seeing as our two technologies are different, but if it means we may have a way to stop the leviathan, it will be worth it!” He said and smiled brightly for a moment before it dimmed.
“We have been here since the time of the great Precursors. They gave us the ability to learn and create. We lived here happily for many a millennia, but the attacks from the leviathans have only been happening for the last few years and only seem to get worse.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:39 pm
"I understand that.....well, to be honest, I'll gladly accept your help....not like we'd be getting out of here anytime soon without it. So if you can fix our AIRWARs, we'll take down those beasts."Kai said nodding his head "Precursors? What exactly is that....is that what your people are descended from?"he asked curiously before sitting on the ground crossing his legs "Hm...that's strange....you've been in these waters for thousands of years, and I'm assuming those Leviathans have too, highly doubt there were just suddenly dumped here...so I wonder what it could be that's suddenly causing them to want to attack you....maybe their original source of food is gone? Or something is disturbing their territory? Have your people done any kind of strange creation building or anything like that recently? Anything out of the usual that might have disrupted their natural way of life?"he questioned
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:01 pm
“Nothing that I have noticed personally...but our Theila might.” He said as he thought about and turned back to also. “The precursors are the great makers of the universe! Do your kind not know of them?”He asked
“Depending who on earth your speak to will depend your answer.” Ezra confesses. “But what is a Thelia?”
“The Thelia is our leader. They will want to meet you and your metal beasts.” He said as he climbed back inside the lion.
“If he gets the communications working we need to contact the captain and reach out the the Alliance and let them know we found life here....not only life but an advance race.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm
Kai looked over at Ezra and nodded his head "Agreed, Eluna is gonna lose her shit when she finds out about this. She's always been fascinated in alien theology"he whispered back over to her before turning back to their new accquantiance "Alright, well we would be honored meet your Thelia, Meelo.....do you actually think you'll be able to get our AIRWARs up and running again. I'd also love for you to meet our Captain, she'd definitely be interested in learning more about your people and these Precursors that you speak of."he told Meelo "You're really saving us here, we thought we were going to be stranded. Our main ship crashed and since we have no power we have no way of trying to reach out and communicate with them."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 pm
“Captain? Is that like a Thelia?” He asked as he began looking through the ships and working with what he could to try and fix it. “I will do my best....but I’ll need some tools from my home....”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:06 pm
"Yeah....I guess in this situation she would be like our Thelia. We traveled here from an entirely different galaxy and since she's the highest ranked....I guess that would make her our leader..."Kai said not really realizing that before shuddering at the thought of Eluna running an entire civilization "What a scary idea...."he whispered to Ezra before nodding at Meelo "Okay well......you know where to find us....can't exactly....go anywhere"he said as he noticed the sun was beginning to peek up over the horizon out on the sea "And would you look at that sunrise...."he commented as he motioned out "Can't believe the night's already gone. What an eventful day yesterday was."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:52 pm
“Yeah....crosses the galaxy. Managed to evade a killer energy sucking space cloud and got stranded on an entire oceanic planet with killer leviathans. Yup. Mark that up for a good first voyage out.” Ezra said with a smirk as she crossed her arms.
Meelo chuckled. “I like you...your race is funny.” He said as he multicolored tendrils thrummed with light. “The leviathan sleeps in the early hours of the day....I’ll be right back and maybe with some help. I’ll even let the Thelia know if your kinds ship...I imagine it is not far from here...there are only so many islands on this planet. He will want to go to meet your thelia.” He said as he sipped the longest of his tendrils in the water, using it to feel for vibrations to make sure the largest of the creatures had gone away. Once satisfied he waved goodbye and vanished into the water.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:13 pm
"Ya know, when you put it that way...."Kai said letting out a deep sigh as he let his body hang after Ezra's words before he nodded to Meelo "Thank you new friend, we really do appreciate it"he said before turning back to Ezra "Oh crap, speaking of space clouds, we should have asked if they knew anything about that....I doubt it, it doesn't seem like they are a space faring race considering they are aquatic, but maybe they might be able to point us in the right direction...my biggest fear is that we get the ship fixed, only to end up losing energy again once we get out of the atmosphere and crashing right back here."he said as he stretched some "Alright, time to go fishing for some breakfast, after all of last nights activities, I'm starving."he said and as if on cue his stomach let out a large rumble "Make that ravenous."he chuckled scratching the back of his head as the sun had creeped over the horizon now illuminating Ezra's body as he couldn't help himself from staring at her a bit *We actually slept together, score!*he thought to himself *She's so hot...* though he cleared his throat "Right, fishing"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm
“With which rod?” She teased with a flirtatious smirk she turned and went to father things to make a fire and scavenge for anything like fruits of water.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 pm
"Ooooh that's a good one, you're good."Kai laughed "I didn't think you had it in you to crack jokes Commander Lee"he shot back grabbing his makeshift fishing rod as he moved down to the shore casting it out "So, just a theory here, do you think these Precursors are the ones who are also responsible for that energy draining cloud that's floating around the planet? That's still me biggest concern is how the hell do we get off the planet once our ship is fixed....unless we just punch it straight into hyperdrive and aim for the next nearest planet...."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:33 pm
“Too early to tell. Once we meet up with more of Meelos people we can get a better grasp of who and what the Precursors are.” She said. “And hey, I can tell jokes and have fun...just not.....a lot of time to do so.” She said with a slight huff.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 pm
"Oh my, Ezra Lee, is that a pout I see there?" Kai teased flirtatiously as he watched her cheeks turn red "I got to admit that is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in our galaxy and the next"he told her "And I can say that because I've been there"he laughed "I hope I continue to see this side of you once we're reunited with the others"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:28 am
She cast a playful glare at him and went back to her collecting of sticks for a fire. “Maybe....but don’t forget we have to remain professional and not show preferential treatment.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 am
"Yeah, I know I know, but I mean really, the only person above me in rank is Eluna and the only below me is you, so I really don't feel the need to pull rank around the ship"he admitted "I trust our strike team, they're a good group of pilots, I dont feel like I need to be an uptight commander around them unlike when I was in some other units. Us getting stranded out here definitely makes me realize that this time, it's just us. There is no switching units or getting assigned to another battalion, us 5 AIRWAR pilots are all we got on this strike team in an entirely different galaxy far far from home. If we dont have the absolute most trust in each other, we wont make it back home alive"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:32 am
“I do trust all of you.” She said. “Just have a difficult time loosening up and not being such a pain and perfectionist.” She said as she finished her scavenge for wood and fruit, not there was much vegetation on their small island. She sat down and began to build to build the fire.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:43 am
"Well don't get me wrong, those are definitely qualities that we are going to need to keep this team running smoothly. All Im saying is it's okay to let your hair down and live a little on the wild side once we're back on the ship. I've seen a side of you now I don't soon plan on forgetting"he said with a smile over at her "Sorry you're stuck with the same old Kai but I am who I am and I never change for no one"he laughed
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:25 pm
“Well....no one else I’d rather be stuck with at the moment.” She said and smiled softly as she thought about loosening up a little.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum