The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Beyond the Event Horizon - Page 2 Empty Re: Beyond the Event Horizon

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Doctor Green would start to wake up as she laid there, when she woke up she blinked she had thought all was programmed correctly but when she heard VIDA's voice she sat up within her pod and pulled her mask off with a faint sigh. Of course it would be the kid that was not a fan of the stasis programming, though she would look over to her clothing she had sitting out. "Start the process to ready the body for waking up, if he remains in stasis under this...stress he could do more harm to his body." she said as she would pull on her clothing, sliding on the overly large lab coat that hung off her arms, and she began to head down towards where the Commander was. Once there she saw a few people attempting to force open the pod and she spoke "stop!" she snapped moving to the controls, "removing the body from stasis manual is a delicate process....do you wish to kill him?!"

Her normal stuttering self was gone specially when it came to her projects and patients, "VIDA begin the process to ready the body outside of stasis....see if the body registers it can wake up on its own."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 am
Ezra got there shortly after the Doctor had. She made it to the other side of the pod where controls were and began to follow the manual instructions to open the pod door and wake the Commander carefully. “Got it....his vitals seem to be steadying.”

At Flaeet headquarters, Sara revived a message from the ships AI. “Seems to already be an issue. Commander Lyons pod seems to malfuntionedzl she reported to the Admiral
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:08 pm
It was a few brief moments before Kai opened his eyes pulling his mask off as everyone was standing above him "What just happened? I felt like I was stuck in a bad dream for forever"he said shuddering as he thought about it for a moment "What kinda drugs you give me Doc!?"he stated attempting to stand but losing his balance catching himself

"Their first little hiccup of adversity, let's see how they respond. Leave it to Kai and his fear of medicine, doctors and needles to cause some sort of trouble for Vice Commander Lee and Dr. Green. Earth's two best combat medic and doctor, I'm sure he'll live" he laughed
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:58 pm
The doctor stood there with a heavy sigh as she would soon put her hands on her hips, "if I had known that you...you where going to be so fickle I would have set you in my own pod with easier access...." she stated shaking her head, "I gave you the standard treatment...but it would seem your own f-....-fears set in motion a hiccup I did not expect...honestly...a pilot afraid of medicine..." she huffed puffing out her cheeks as if he had insulted her very existence for all that.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm
"Yeah whatever!"Kai snapped back sitting up "I grew up an orphan after my parents died...and then got taken in as a ward of the state...my whole life has been nothing but doctors and laboratories and tests and injections and more tests and more doctors."he said pushing his way past the crowd of people around his pod as he went to put on his flight suit "So excuse me for not being the most thrilled about having to be put in basically what amounts to a medically induced coma for the third, fourth and who knows how many times in my life this will continue to happen."he said as he finished getting dressed "If I'm not mistaken Captain Storm wants us on the navigation deck, so let's not keep her waiting."he said, though seemed different. His usually cheery and aloof demeanor was gone, replaced by a much more serious and somber one as he reflected on memories of his past as he headed out of the room

Mitch blinked looking at the group "Uhhh what just happened here? Did we already trigger something with the Commander?"he asked looking around at the other pilots and Doc with him "I never would have guessed that about his past...kind of...messed up if you think about it, military running all those experiments on a small kid like that?"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:24 pm
“So it seems.” Ezra said with a sigh. “Don’t be hard on yourself Doc. You can only do so much for a patient who’s not willing to let you help.” She said and put a hand on her shoulder before turning to the other pilots and other staff. “Back to post, all of you. Shows over.” She said and looked to the doctor. “Commander storm wanted us on the observation deck. Care to join me?”
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Dr. Green glared after the commander just cause he had a bad past didn't mean her methods where bad....yes he had a bad time in the past but that didn't mean it was her fault he got all tangled up in a nightmare. She even purposly gave him medication to help him stay calm and sleep easily, she had more than a half million patients with fear of doctors and yet...he was the one that crawled under her skin the most. As he stormed out, the Doctor stuck her tongue out at him after all she was rather young probably a year younger than the commander. Turning her head to Ezra she sighed, "he's a big baby" she said quickly crossing her arms, her cheeks still puffed out like some angry hamster with glasses.

She would follow her though to go and see commander Storm, grumbling the whole time about rude people.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:36 pm
As they got to the Navigation Deck they were hit with the same awe inspiring visions of the ship passing through the black hole as Commander Lyon looked at Captain Storm unable to find the words to explain what he was seeing

"It's amazing right?"Captain Storm said as she looked back over her shoulder "It's almost mesmerizing how it all just passes us by. But this is where the mission begins. We are getting ready to come out of hyperspace and emerge on the other side of the black hole into the Andromeda galaxy, from there, it'll be time to wake up the entire colony and begin looking for our first hospitable planet. The ship will need some time to recharge after awakening all the pods and housing units, so Strike Team it's important you find us a planet that we can land and refuel without being attacked or subjected to harsh elements. We have limited data on the Andromeda system so it's up to you all to be the visuals for the ship and scout around." Eluna said to them "Once the ship has landed the builders will be deployed to start terraforming for the colonies life support systems. This is where it all begins for human life outside the Milky Way."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:16 pm
Ezra looked on in awe before looking to Kai who stood ahead of her and she wondered if they would be able to get along to at least be able to find a planet to call home.
“Commander Lyon. What are your orders? Do we get a head start on the prep of the AIRWARS?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm
Lyon continued staring out into space for another brief moment taking in the scene around them before a smile finally cracked his lips again as he turned back to face her, his piercing emerald eyes suddenly glowing with renewed passion and vigor "You bet your ass, Vice"he said to her balling his fist excitedly "Capt. Storm is right, this is our chance to make our first mark on this galaxy, so we should do it right. I want all Strike Team pilots down to the AIRWAR hangar to begin prepping for initial launch. As soon as we come out of hyperspace and pick our mark, we deploy right away. We haven't had much opportunity to practice our flight patterns and combat tactics so this'll be a good chance to get a feel for each other as a team."he told his pilots "Plus I'm sure our mechs have missed us, it's been awhile since they've been in lock up to get ready for this mission."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:34 am
She nodded and then tapped her communicator, “attention all Strike team members. Proceed to the AIRWAR Hangar. Report for initial preparations and await Launch Orders.” She turned to the Commander again, “orders sent, Commander Lyon. Commander Storm, look forward to flying for you.” She saluted the Commander and turned to the door to go down to the Hangar
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Captain Storm nodded her head to Ezra as she headed out before looking over to Kai "Well Lyon, getting going, We'll be exiting hyperspace before you know it."she commented as he looked at her before following Erza out heading down towards the AIRWAR hangar "So Commander Lee, are you excited to finally get back in the cockpit? I feel like we've been grounded for years waiting to get this bird off the ground."he stated as they walked "And it seems we have a quality team, everyone seemed to have top flying marks and impressive service records. I'm hoping us learning to fly together as a unit isn't too much of a challenge."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 pm
“I’m excited to fly again. Especially in places no one has flown in before.” She said and turned to him as they began to walk side by side. “But scores arnt everything. It’s the ultra drive and perseverance in the cockpit.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am
"That's very true. If you have mastered the link to your AIRWAR I feel like anything is capable" Commander Lyon said "Sometimes I feel like BF is alive. When we are flying together its almost like I can hear the machine talking to me and we react in sync...sorry if I sound like a crazy person, but there's just something magical about piloting one of these things ya know?" He said as he glanced over at her taking in her looks and figure

He had heard a lot about her from the others in his former squadron, a hard nosed beauty who could slice you open and stitch you back shut with both her tongue and medical knowledge but being her commanding officer felt like an entirely new challenge Kai had never felt and it was only just beginning
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:41 pm
“Well it’s not crazy. You know your ship inside and out. You feel it’s movements and it follows you.” She said as they made it to the hanger where their crew was doing their final checks. “Launch in T-minus minutes team.” She shouted and was returned in a chorus of “Yes Ma’am!”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:04 pm
As they finished their last preparations VIDA's AI sprang to life "Lt. Tristan Daniels and Valkyrie Skies cleared for takeoff"she spoke as the humanoid Mecha's eyes flashed to life and began its final power up after being in deep stasis for the long journey "Lt. Sheria Johnson and Dancers June cleared for takeoff" as the wolf mecha's eyes also flashed as the systems whirled to life once again "Lt. Mitch Moses and Iron Kong cleared for takeoff" as the Iron Kong's heavy artillery cannons came on line as the eyes lit up

"Well it looks like all that's left is us"Commander Lyon said as he looked over at Lee once again "Time to get some practice in. Let's work on building some great team chemistry and flying in formation"he said just as VIDA's voice chimed again "Vice Commander Erza Lee and Alpha Blue ready for takeoff"she said as Alpha's eyes lit up as all the weaponry circuits became active once more "Commander Kai Lyon and Omega Black ready for takeoff. Strike Team has been cleared for launch. Prepare for launch sequence."she said as the others quickly made their way into their combat suits, a form fitting bodysuit designed to enhance the users Event Drive systems and form a symbiotic biolink between pilot and machine, and into the cockpits of their robots as they were all slowly dropped from their platforms into the bottom of the ship before being fired out like a cannon into space just as the ship was leaving Hyperspace entering the Andromeda galaxy

Kai grinned like a madman feeling the rush of the launch before throwing his control stick forward just as they were shot from the ship as his mech's giant wings spread out wide as he took off before pulling upwards "Alright Strike Team, lets take this nice and easy, form up on my wings "Alpha Blue and Dancers June on the flanks with Valkyrie and Kong covering the rear"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:47 pm
“Yes sir.” Was the response from the team. Alpha blue took the right and Dancers June took the left.
The space around them was only and star filled. Nebulas and Star dust of various colors and vibrancy surround them all. “This is amazing.....” said Sheria. “This is enexplored space by humans.....we are the first to see it.....”
“Then let’s make it count.” Ezra added as she looked around the controls to make sure everything was in order. “First orders , Commander?”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Struck by the serene moment as well Kai paused for a moment before shaking his head snapping to "Right, I think the first thing to do is make sure all systems are functional including the weaponry. Stay in formation so no one crosses the line of fire and fire at will as you cycle through all your systems. I was told by Cam that they've made some additional upgrades compared to the Milky Way based models"he told them he said as he was pressing various buttons in the cockpit before blinking "Screech cannon? That's new...."he said before pressing the button as the Falcon opened it's beak before letting out a sonic blast with a high pitched frequency that echoed out into the space in front of them before colliding with a small asteroid and completely obliterating it on impact "holy shit! That's what that does!? That's amazing! You guys have to try out these new features."

"Alright, if you say so Commander"Mitch said with a wide grin "Iron Kong firing Plasma Cannons!"he said slamming his fist down on the large glowing panel in front of him before the two cannons on the Kong's back lit up on the end with a pink light that fused together before firing a large blast that was met with an equally large explosion on impact causing the space around them to reverberate with the shock wave of the explosion as Mitch let out a low whistle "Talk about some firepower!"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm
“Let’s go! Valkyrie Skies shock blast!” The humanoids mesh moved in waving its giant weapon forward and a beam of electric plasma energy shot forward and collided with other asteroid in the belt that they were using for target practice. The energy then spread out and webbed into the surrounding asteroids, setting off a chain reaction. “Woohoo goo! Did you see that! That was epic!” The young man cheerd into his coms, clearly excited.

“My turn! Wolfs paw! The large wolf mech swung its paws forward and three arching lights from each paw shot forward, slicing through the asteroids like a hot knife through butter. “Not too shabby. “
Ezra shhook her head but shouldn’t help but smirk. “Alpha Roar?” She presses the consol and the Lions mouth opened and a blast of blue energy shot forward as one beam before suddenly splitting up and  hitting fulfilled targets in one go. “Woah! The range on that was insane!”
“Tone it down Daniels.  Though impressive. These are weapons and not toys. “

Last edited by Laluna90 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:35 am
The irony of her statement is that Kai was looking on just as impressed as Daniels before he cleared his throar before coming back onto the communicator "Right, what Cmd. Lee said, we gotta stay focused and treat these very seriously"he said though himself was still stunned "Alrighty then, with that out the way, we should put our thrusters to the speed test, see how fast these babies can really go" he commented "Try to stay together as best as possible. I know Iron Kong and Valkyrie Skies are a bit slower than Omega Black and Alpha Blue"
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:08 pm
“Eden this Cmd. Lee. Strike team is going to run basic maneuvers. The cons have long range so call us back I saw of emergencies.”
“Copy That Strike Commander. Safe flight.” Said a coms technician.
“Strike team line up. We go on three.”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:21 pm
*Isn't that supposed to be my line?* Kai thought to himself hearing Erza on the communicator though didn't question it as the others formed up on his wings "Alright then team on my wings again, we are looking for just straight line acceleration. I want you all to hit max on the thrusters, this'll be the last run before we call it in for the day and let Engineering run their specs on our test flights."he commented as the others formed up on the wings once again

However, before the final call could be intiated, the first signs of trouble struck. Out of dark space, a large molten mass of energy began streaking across the area around them and the Eden "Evasive Manuevers!"Kai shouted out as the team broke formation as they flew around a large band of energy that seemed to incinerate anything it came into contact with "Head back towards the Eden!"he shouted into the communicator

The Eden itself was also defensively flying as this dark band of energy continued winding and occupying the space they were currently in before striking the side of the ship, instantly draining it of a large portion of its energy cells "We've been hit, Strike Team return to Center, we're going to have to make an emergency landing!"Captain Storm said as her image popped up on their dashboards "I don't know what this stuff is but don't let it touch your AIRWARs, Eden's already lost half its power from first contact."she warned as she noticed a blue planet with various island formations appearing on her monitor "We're going to use the jump drives to land on the nearest planet"she called out "Everyone on ship, prepare for crash landing"she said as the warning alarms began glaring and people began heading back to their stasis pods
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:47 pm
“What the hell is this thing!?” Sheria shouted as she piloted the wolf back to the Eden. Tendrils forming and reaching out from the center mass. Each mech dipped and dodged the limbs. “Focus on getting back to the ship!” Lee shouted to the crew as the bay doors started to open for the crew.

Back on earth alerts and emergency alarms were going off, “admiral! There is an emegency! The Eden seems to be suddenly under attack!”
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:10 pm
"I dunno, but I get a bad feeling about it"Commander Lyon said as he piloted his ship back with the others. Once they were all back and safely aboard he advised them to stay in their cockpits instead of trying to reach the stasis pods "This is a much safer option, Eluna's going to start putting on those fancy flying maneuvers"he said as their AIRWARs reached the platforms and docked once again with the ship "Strike Team all docked and Hangar Bay doors closed."

"Alright, everybody hang on!" Captain Storm said as she suddenly disengaged the ship's autopilot completely assuming control as she hit the accelerators as she winded and zipped through the dark tendrils of energy making a beeline for their ship before hitting the hyperthrusters as the ship suddenly sped off through space before getting pulled into the gravitational pull of the planet nearest them as she began to pull back on the yolk as the ship started its hot descent onto the watery planet below "Prepare for impact!"she shout out over the ships com as soon the ship crashed landed into the shallow waters near the shore of an island on the planet as Eluna slowly picked herself up off the ground, everything that wasn't strapped down had gone flying and had a rough landing indeed "VIDA, status report"she ordered as she touched her forehead feeling a small trickle of blood but was unbothered by it

Meanwhile back on Earth, Admiral Storm sat up in his chair "Under attack? By whom? Have they had alien contact already?"he asked standing up now as the screen before him was blank "Get me communications with that ship NOW"he barked out as Com Officers and Engineers alike frantically moved around Mission Command attempting to reestablish contact with the Eden
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:56 pm
"Reports from from the Bridge say a strange entity or energy form appeared and that long tendrils reached out to the Eden and AIRWARS and that once the ship made contact with this Beirut, the ship lost halfback. Power. Reports also say they found a planet to make an emegency landing.” The solder said. But....contact has yet to be achieved. The other admirals are gathering as well”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum