The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Crimson Petals upon the Wind - Page 12 Empty Re: Crimson Petals upon the Wind

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:26 am
"You and your power ties"Taishou said with a laugh as he sat back in his chair "That is true, human lives are fleeting, but the strength from this alliance will have lasting effect long after her life is over."he said as he sat back in his chair "I will raise this castle into the sky, and in its place I will erect Sesshoumaru's castle. When he returns from his years away at the Mist Isles he will replace me as ruler of the West and preside in a new palace while his childhood home drifts the skies."he said with a smile "I will need to get a message out to Lord Sekai. I'm going to need magics of his quality to achieve that."

"For now, let them watch."Sesshoumaru said as he began walking forward with her taking the path towards the castle. He could see where trees and land had been broken and burnt all around as his skin couldn't help but tingle from all the magical energy he could sense around him as he soon came to a stop in a clearing as his hand slowly came to the hilt his sword "Stay behind me."he said as a large gilled snake like beast came slithering out from a groove of trees with red eyes glistening "A basilisk hm..."Sesshoumaru said softly "Do not look into its eyes Sayuri."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:52 am
"Power rules Taisho, without strength, without a powerful person to follow humans, youkai, oni alike would be constently in battle to find who was worthy to rule them. After all the west was like that even in your father's time but with guidence of Luna and her favor to the inu clans...we've prospered and have brought this land to heal." She would lean back taking another drink of her saki, "as for rising this palace its about time...being far from those that should not even be given the time is what I desire...besides it also provides a rather insightful look upon the land...what better way to help our son than for us to watch where he cannot...as for magic...Sekai is the best choice for that...."

Sayuri would glance to him but nodded as she moved forward, after all he was right on that they had to push on and deal with what ever creatures came at them. Though when she heard his words about staying behind him she would turn her attention to the land around them, but a basilisk was not what she was expecting to encounter. "Their kind shouldn't even have gotten to these isles!..." she stated in alarm but would soon let her eyes shut after all she would do no one good...petrified.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 am
"Then we are in agreement"Taishou said with a sigh as he leaned back as well "We will sit on high and watch Sesshoumaru as he rules the West in his own fashion. You are right, without powerful youkai to lead, chaos would ensue. I have the utmost faith in our son to be a powerful example of a leader."Taishou said with a smile "I'll give Sekai a message then. It has been a while since he has traveled this way. Not since his wife died giving birth to his second daughter. I'm sure he will be eager for a brief change of scenary and familiar faces. We've been childhood friends..Kurama too though he was a bit older than us, before I even met you. Back before the warring times to split the lands we actually had a nice childhood running and playing and training together in our early days. I feel for his lose as if losing one of my own mate. I would know no end to the pain if I lost my Ice Princess"he said as he caressed the side of her face with a smile "When I invite him here, please be kind to the fluffy cat okay? He's gone through a lot."

"The villagers you spoke of must be hidden more inland then. If this swam through the sea without being attacked then the must have abandoned the shoreline long ago. We will have to reach the castle if we want to learn any answers."Sesshoumaru said as he drew his blade as the large serpent hissed at Sesshoumaru as the silver haired blur shot forward as he sliced down sharply as a large blade of energy shot towards the snake splitting it in half as he jumped up slicing again as the snakes head split in two as Sesshoumaru landed sheathing his blade as large pieces of snake fell behind him to the ground "Let's go, that should send a clear message to any other creature watching us that I am not to be toyed with."he said as his aura pulsed once over the entire isles as he released his aura, his presence to the world of his energy and spirit as many youkai could feel it's overwhelming pressure even from distance as his Father's keenly attuned senses picked up the momentary energy as his tail flicked though he said nothing of it but a mere smirk in the corner of his lips as Sesshoumaru began walking down the path towards the castle once more
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:24 pm
Izanami would shake her head slightly at him, "I'll be kind to the man only because I respect him as a warrior, the distaste I have for felines will remain but for him and for you...I can let it ease" she stated as she smirked at him. "I should send Sesshoumaru and Sayuri away more often...your far more tender when they are gone" she teased him with a grin, as she would then nip playfully at his fingers her golden eyes seemed to glow faintly.

Sayuri moved quickly after him as they headed towards the castle, her heart beating faster he was right the villagers had to have fled this far if the creature had not been sent back to the seas. Her heart was pounding in her ears at this point, the urgency to see what her home had become like...to figure out what happened to her people...it pushed her forward as she trailed behind Sesshoumaru keeping her attention on the world around herself. Though the two continued to move further inland till Sayuri paused, she knew this path, though the trees were chared and the land looked like nothing could grow upon it again she could remember the fields that flowed around here. "I remember this....this used to be fields of farm land..." she stated her voice almost shaking as her eyes saw both the past and the present.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:03 pm
Taishou laughed at her comment as he leaned back in his chair "It's because I don't have to be a father again, so I can go back to being the man before I had to protect a family."he said with a chuckle as he he refilled his glass "Thank you for honoring my request"he said as said "I'll go summon for Sekai after this, you know the man can teleport so your castle in the sky will be coming soon my dear"

Sesshoumaru's face held a frown as he stared at the now burnt fields though did notice a few freshly broken vines in the area as well though did not comment as he laid a hand on Sayuri's shoulder "I am sorry, but we will restore them to their former glory soon enough"he said "How much further until we reach the castle?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 pm
Sayuri would jump as she seemed to snap out of her daze, she turned to look up at Sesshoumaru and would nod her head. "It's not that much farther, just over that hill..." she said looking back at the path they were on, heart broken to see all this destruction but she would turn with him to head in the direction she pointed. As they neared the top of the hill, a 'waste' land seemed to welcome them chaired remains of buildings, even those of animals, humans and demons alike. Sayuri closed her eyes tightly, where her home once stood was nothing but burnt timber and broken glass no longer the castle that stood proudly. "I knew it would be bad..but I wasn't prepared for all this..."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:44 pm
"My father said everything was set on fire and destroyed in the fight against your father. I have heard of destruction like this. That turns entire fields to blackened ashes in a manner such as this. Let us head down to the castle....I still feel a presence that is watching us from afar."Sesshoumaru said as he guided her slowly down the path

"You were right Youko, that strong presence that we felt heading this way did show itself. It looks like two dogs have returned home just like Lord Raizen predicted."the shorter of the two youkai perched up on a cliff far off said as the third eye in the middle of his forehead closed as he wrapped his headband around it again "We should make our way down to welcome our guests."

'Now, now Hiei, we mustn't forget that it was my brother Kurama who said that Lord Taishou would make a play to reclaim the islands once the girl escaped the first time."Youko Kurama said as he crossed his arms watching "But I agree, it is time we test this young daiyoukai for ourselves."he said as they both suddenly vanished
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 pm
Sayuri would nod her head slightly as they kept walking towards the castle, she took a deep breath to calm herself down and to not overreact. She knew such was expected from the reports Taisho had given them, but it still took a bit out of her to see everything like this. They would get closer to the castles grounds, till they stood were the gates once stood the stone archway remained with half a door still barely clinging to it. "Father's study was in the east wing of the castle....it looks like that is were most of it still stands." she stated motioning to the chaired stone runes still some what resembling a building.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 pm
"Go on ahead of me"Sesshoumaru said as he tapped her on the hip "If you run into any trouble you know what to do."he said noticing the black pearl on her necklace glisten as well for just a moment in the light as he felt reassured "Let me know if you find anything. I'm going to make sure the area is safe."he said watching her head off inside as Sesshoumaru turned just as the two men appeared before him as he glared "You've been watching my since I've arrived here. I have felt your eyes upon me. You I know of."he said as his golden gaze met Youko's "You are the younger brother of Lord Kurama. The planet user Youko. You."he said as he looked at Hiei next "I do not know, but I assume you are responsible for the fire damage to this place. You smell of fire and ice."

"My,my how perspective of you. A friend of yours Kurama?"Hiei asked as he sneered at Sesshoumaru his hands in his pockets as Kurama sighed "Well not exactly a friend but we do know of each other. That is Sesshoumaru, the crown prince of the West. His father is the one your Lord Raizen doesn't like."Kurama said

"Good, so then Lord Raizen wouldn't mind if I brought his head the head of his foe's son."Hiei said as he then rushed forward drawing his sword as Kurama reached out "Hiei wait! He's also Luna's vessel!."he called out as Sesshoumaru reacted quickly drawing Tokijin and slamming it hard against Hiei's blade stopping the fire demon dead in his tracks much to his surprise as Kurama continued "If you thought the battle against the other Inu was tough expect a worse fight from this one. Sesshoumaru was born a daiyoukai. We'll have to fight to not only kill him, but survive as well."he said as Sesshoumaru's eyes then flashed red as he released off a wave of energy pushing the both of them back a couple feet as he twirled his sword before pointing it directly at them "You two are responsible for the death of Tao Ren? As Prince of the Western Lands, this Sesshoumaru will avenge his death."he said before charging forward quickly
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:28 am
Sayuri smirked at him, "kill it so that way you don't get the fun?" she teased him as she smiled warmly before stepping ahead, passing through the old gate and moving into the fallen castle. She moved quickly knowing that they coudln't stay there for long, more so she knew she couldn't feeling the weight of the floors giving with each movment she she was quick. "I'm actully glad for once the training Izanami gave me." she chuckled, using the wind to help carry her over the ground with each step.

However, she soon paused sensing Sesshoumaru's aura and she turned looking back the way she came "Sesshoumaru....who are you fighting?" she stated moving to find a window but paused, she had to find her father's study first...he could hold his own. Sayuri kept moving till she soon came to the east wing, she glanced around but just before she entered she paused. She raised her hand, reaching out and she would smile "Mother's barrier....it preserved this place..."

Pulling her hand back, she would bite down on her thumb allowing a bit of blood to run down into her palm. "With this...I provide proof I am a Ren" she stated pressing her bloody palm to the barrier, it pulsed for a moment before it allowed an opening for her to slip pass before shutting behind her. Her mother had been a rather powerful magic user, healing was the strongest within her but were she lacked in fighting strength...she made up for in controlling and wielding magic.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 pm
An explosion erupted outside from where Sesshoumaru had sent another arc of powerful energy towards Hiei and Kurama who countered with a wall of bamboo followed by sending the pikes set on fire flying at the Inu who dodged swiftly as he and Hiei collided swords once again in a fierce clash as the shorter fire demon was having a hard time keeping up with the Prince as Youko finally saw an opening as his rose whip came flying towards Sesshoumaru only to suddenly be entangled with his own light whip as Sesshoumaru jumped back panting slightly as his acid whip sliced through Kurama's plant

Hiei scoffed "He's pretty good. I don't think I have to hold this back anymore."he said as he unwrapped the bandages on his arm revealing his black dragon tattoo which came to life as flame wrapped around his arm as Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes "You are the one with the black flame that sunders land and turns it to ashes."he said as he held out Tokijin sideways as the ground began to crackle and split around him as lightning raced in the sky "Dragon of the Darkness Flame!"Hiei said sending the large black flaming dragon flying at Sesshoumaru who let out a sigh closing his eyes "Soryuha."he said calmly as down from the sky a lightning dragon came down around him before flying towards Hiei's dragon as another explosion rang out as the two dragons collided
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:25 pm
Sayuri would turn when she felt the ground shake, and the rising sensation of demonic auras as they clashed. "He's fighting...." she whispered to herself, she glanced around within the study though thanks to the barrier around it, it was left untouched as if her parents had just stepped out of the room a couple of moments ago. She knew Sesshoumaru could hold his own, however when she saw the flash of lighting striking down against flames she couldn't help but turn and leave.

Her footsteps carried her back towards the gate, choosing to remain hidden for now as best she could as she would soon watch as the smoke began to clear. Three figures would begin to take shape, one she knew well as her mate; Sesshoumaru. The other two she did not know, but judging from their actions they were not here to discuss plans of restoring the isles.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm
The two dragons were entangled as they rose into the sky before exploding once again and separating as Hiei's dragon returned to tattoo form on his arm as Sesshoumaru's dragon dissipated as he pointed his blade towards the two of them his calm, stoic expression still gracing his facial features

Hiei scoffed in surprise looking down at his tattooed arm once again in shock as he went to untie his headband as Youko laid a hand on his other shoulder stopping him "Now isn't the time for that fight. Besides another guest has shown up in the middle of all that smoke and dust from that last clash."he said "Let us return to report our findings."he said as Sesshoumaru quickly sped forward not letting them escape though Youko held out his other hand as a forest of trees suddenly began sprouting from the ground in front of Sesshoumaru as he attempted to slice through the trees but could sense the other youkai's energy suddenly vanished as he sighed sheathing his sword
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 pm
Sayuri would watch as the two figures vanished within the now fully grown trees, her eyes drifting to Sesshoumaru as she moved towards him "I take it they are not here to aid us in reclaiming the isles.." she said watching her mate's eyes, then looking back to were those two had been. "my father's study has been untouched by the fires and destruction thanks to a protective barrier....all books and documents are intact as well"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:43 pm
"Sayuri"Sesshoumaru said stopping her as he placed his hand on her arm a frown etched deeply into his features "I have some news for you and I hope you are ready for it. But those two men, and Lord Raizen, are somehow involved in your father's death. The short one let it slip in our brief encounter and I am going to let my father know. He will know how to proceed in the High Council while we stay here and rebuild your kingdom."he said pausing to let her process what he said "I promise you, I will bring your family vengeance on my claim as your mate"he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:49 pm
She looked at him more when he grabbed hold of her arm, the tone in his voice made her understand what he was going to say was of importance. Though what she heard made her blood run cold, she stared at him then back to were those two had fled, the anger and pain in her eyes showed quickly before she closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. She knew this was a possibility, that they would run into those that caused all this as she would raise her hand to gently lay it over his own "I am honored by such a statement...but vengeance must wait till after we've secured these lands" she stated looking up at him.

"I wish to see them rot or burn for what they did...but my people must come first even if I desire to rip those men apart"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:01 am
Sesshoumaru nodded his head at her words gently stroking her hair with his hand nodding "I promise you that we will do just that."he stated before looking down at her "Now you mentioned that all of your father's belongings in his study are all left intact?"he asked as he followed her back into the castle "That will definitely expedite this process since we will have accurate measures of commerce before the attack happened"he said "You father was a very smart man it seems"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:04 am
"It will take some time to remove the barrier he put up, as of right now only those with the blood of his family can enter it" she stated as she would show him towards the more beat up halls of the palace, "its almost as if time is standing still within, though it will aid us...there are some maps that mark the location of the hidden villages if we go to those first we should be able to bring the people out of hiding."

As they got to the study she would hold her hand out, gently pressing it against hte barrier allowing him to see it 'ripple' "i do not know if you can enter....but if you cannot I can gather what you will need within and bring it to you" she stated looking back at him.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 am
Sesshoumaru took pause for a moment as he looked at the barrier "My entire life I have been able to pass through holy barriers and enchantments that would instantly purify lesser youkai. My mother said it is the curse of my birth name, destruction of the circle of life."he said as he raised his hand as the barrier crackled sharply against his skin though Sesshoumaru held it there as his arm passed through to the other side as he growled out deeply before pushing through as he stumbled through into the study his clothing smoking slightly but overall he was unharmed
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:31 am
Sayuri watched him as she would sigh shaking her head, she would pass through without any resistance as she looked at him, "you are far to stubborn for your own good Sesshoumaru, though it was quiet comical that you 'growled' at a barrier" she stated with a sly smirk as she chuckled, before moving past him further into the study. As she had stated the whole room looked like it had been stopped in time, not even dust appeared to have penetrated the barrier all these years.

She moved over to a table as she would soon roll out one of the maps she had found, "this is the most current map, I remember it barely....my father drew it up himself...each mark here, represents a village" she stated showing him, and just how they were placed. Though hidden and kept a secret they also were placed in hard to reach areas, protected naturlly by the landscape. "the largest one should be this one here, its the one that supplied the port and the castle as well...but if im right most of the people should have fled to this one, maybe even some of my father's guards are there as well."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:43 am
"Then that will be our next destination now that we know the castle is secure"Sesshoumaru said as his eyes poured over the map memorizing every detail of it. "If we can talk to the villagers, then our efforts can begin immediately. We could send clearance for my father to begin sending over his ships as the castle and the large village are rebuilt. Jakken will began doing what he can in making the castle livable for us tonight while there is still a few hours of daylight. I suggest we unload the food and get ready for night. I drove the beasts back to the sea but there still may be those foolish enough to challenge me so this first night may be a long one."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:52 am
She would nod her head as she would then take the map and gently roll it up to place it away, "you've survived days without sleep when training against your mother, I think one night fighting a few low level demons will be easy enough for you" she said as she gently pressed her hand against his cheek, "I'll go and get Jakken to start on the preperations, feel free to look around in here but becareful...im not sure what else is hiding in here" Sayuri would then turn and leave, passing through the barrier and calling out for Jakken.

It didn't take to long for the imp to get a suitable camp set up within what used to be the great hall of the palace, Ah Un moving around some already on guard. Sayuri was off on her own some, exploring the remains of the castle as she soon was in what used to be the north wing. As she moved she paused only to kneel down and beneath a large hunk of stone was a doll, as she picked it up she knew this had been where her room was. As she stood there she could not help but question....what if this all never had happened...would the Ren clan and Taishos....still be against one another?
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 am
Sesshoumaru was still in the study as he had a stack of books on the table and was quickly thumbing through each of them, reading quickly as he took in the text "This island has many spells and enchantments from its birth. They said when the gods first came to earth, this land was the first land they touched and their magic radiated forward across the land giving air, tides and life to the planet"he recited to himself pausing as he came to the next book as he began flipping through it. The book was called a history of Inu, though it wasn't a book he recognized his father having as he read back:

The first of our name was Tenzen, loyal guardian to Lady of the Moon. Tenzen was white, and created to reflected in her luminenscent glory. When it was time to create a mate for Tenzen, Lady Luna channeled her other side, the dark warmth of the god Yami, and created the other half, Ren. Tenzen and Ren had two children, an older male, and a younger female. The two siblings were to mate in order to unify the powers of both Tenzen and Ren and strengthen the bonds however the two children had different ideologies and battles constantly erupted between the two until finally the younger sister defected. Upon her defection, the two factions of the dog clan went to war, both calling on Lady Luna for guidance. To punish both sides, a plague erupted turning those who were unfaithful into savage wolves cast out of the clans. With both clans severely weakened, a truce was called and the Ren faction left the Western lands for a place to call their own in the Mist Isles with the birth of their next leader Tao while the Tenzen continued their lineage with Inu no Taishou after many centuries of war and feuding prior to their births.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:43 am
Sayuri would close her eyes and take a calming breath, she could not dwell on the what ifs as her and Sesshoumaru already had formed a truce between their clans by mating. With his aid she was now able to reclaim her homelands and save her people, "lady Luna, lord yami...please watch over us these coming days....with your strength we hope to bring these lands back from the darkness they have been shrouded in....and returned to the loving embrace of the moons guidence..."

She had rarely if ever attempted to talk to the gods fearing herself unworthy but this night she only could hope they heard and would at least offer support. Taking a breath she turned and would go back to the throne room or what was left of it, "tomorrow will set the pace for it all...."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:47 am
"Set the pace for what all?"Sesshoumaru asked as he returned to the group after leaving the study as he sat down for a moment letting all the information he just read mule over in his head as he looked up at her "Sayuri, do you know our history? Not our individual clans, but us as dogs? A mating of Ren and Tenzen was supposed to continually happen throughout history...but our grandparents broke that pact with the gods and our people were punished. Do you suppose we are supposed to fix that fate?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum