The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Crimson Petals upon the Wind - Page 13 Empty Re: Crimson Petals upon the Wind

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 am
"You mean the curse of the moon?" She asked as she eased down beside him, "I learned it when I was a pup during one of my teaching sessions with my father, though he said it was more like a blessing considering it allowed our family to return to the isles and become the guardians of Luna's temple." She said simply as she glanced at him. "I never fully got to learn of the true story considering not long after I had to flee here and ended up in your care. As for fixing it is possible, but we mated for two reasons. Because in a way you love me and I you." She smirked as she saw his look then she continued "and because it gave you and your family rightful claim to the isles and to tie them to the west in a political manner."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:57 am
Sesshoumaru continued making a face at her before sighing and leaning back "Those are my families reasons for our mating yes. But I believe there is more to it then simply love and politics"he said crossing his arms "Lady Luna guided you directly to me, you, the last Ren who happens to be a girl, to the rightful prince of the Taishou clan, all the way from this castle on an island, to the castle in the western lands. I feel something much larger than ourselves are at play here"he said as he looked over at her again
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:39 pm
Sayuri would glance off towards the shadows as she would speak "its a possibility, but I've known about you since I was small....as well as your family" she said simply as she would watch Jaken prepare a fire or at least attempt one. "Though I am not that much younger than you, my father did have 'scouts' in the western territory keeping close watch, he knew that one day Taisho would attempt to claim the isles for his own, so thus my father prepared for it. Granted he never thought about your family claiming it in through a simple mating but he still knew one day the isles would be beneath western control....so needless to say, I've known about you before you knew of me...I also knew what direction to go as well based on star alignment....so thus the whole 'destined' thing does not really sit well with me..."

She looked back at him, "for luna has been silent to at least my clan for so many centuries, we turned to another....Yami."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 pm
Sesshoumaru paused as he looked over down at her as she said that in mild surprise "Oh? Your clan actually worshiped Lord Yami like the North and the East?"he said coming to a sudden realization "That would explain everyone's invested interest in claiming the isles...at least start to explain. Those two youkai...the short one talked about Lord Raizen. And the fox...I know that fox, he is Lord Kurama's younger brother Youko Kurama."he said "Every land except the South is trying to gain access to the isles and they were willing to kill your father to do so. If it takes going to war then I will defend this island from any conflict."he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:50 pm
"Considering that the first Ren, came from the warmth of the love that Lady Luna had for Yami and it was a homage to him as well..we felt it only fitting to give our thanks and praise to him." She stated as she looked over to him once more, "without that, Luna would have had no love to recreate the Rens as they or well...I am now...considering I am the last." she glanced away though, hearing him speak of war and how the others had killed her father. Slowly she stood up and spoke "theres a hot spring channel still located nearby...im going to take a bath"

She would then move from him, as she headed down a ruined hallway and towards where teh bath wing used to be and where the remains of an old hot spring still resided.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 pm
Sesshoumaru watched her retreating form and sighed before turning to Jaken "Take Ah-Un and go report this to my father. The sooner he know about this the sooner we can get help taken care of. Make sure to come straight back here after telling him. Leave now."he commanded as Jaken immediately obeyed running out of the room towards where the dragon was being stabled as he closed his eyes crossing his arms over his chest deep in thought "She is the last Ren. Lady Luna and it seems Lord Yami have allowed her to come to me and have gifted us with an island to rule over in our youth. There is a much larger power than ourselves at work here. I hope she is ready to handle it."he said
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:49 pm
Sayuri would find the hotspring with a sigh as she would slid out of her clothing and gently laid it over what probably was a support beam before easing into the hot waters. She didn't want to overwhelm him with her own unstable thoughts and emotions, that she just leaned back to try and clear her head. "No matter what....I must prevail here...." she said more to herself than anything.

Sayuri wouldn't return to the small 'camp' for a good while and when she did, she would sigh softly before speaking. "Seems rather quiet" she stated softly as she glanced at him. "not sure if i should be on edge or happy because of that."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:28 am
Sesshoumaru opened an eye as she returned before closing it again "No noise is good noise as far as I am concerned. I have already sent Jaken home to tell my father. It is just you and I here to settle things for the time being. We should sleep if we plan on going around to the villages tomorrow."he commented "Nothing good will come from worrying in the dark"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:01 am
Morning came without much of an issue throughout the night, no low level demon dared near the ruins of the palace with the powerful aura that Sesshoumaru had not only 'shown' off but proven when dealing with the medusa. Sayuri had taken up sleeping in the carriage just to provide some bit of privacy and 'protection' and as the sun began to fill the sky she was stepping out twisting her black hair into a braid as she looked over towards Sesshoumaru and spoke, "I doubt I should ask this...but im guessing you've already committed the maps to memory on were we need to go for the villages correct?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:32 am
Sesshoumaru's eyes shifted over to her as she came out of the carriage as he stretched and stood up having staying guard over the night doing much studying and reading as he nodded his head "Correct"he said shortly as he stretched "We should be able to visit at least two before needing to return here for the night"he commented "You should get ready and then we will head out. The carriage will stay here."

"MILORD!!"was the strident tone of Jaken as he burst through the front doors of the castle as he ran inside and straight into Lord Inu no Taishou's office panting heavily as Lord Taishou said sipping his sake as he raised his eyebrow "Jaken? I'm surprised to see you back so soon. Everything okay?" "I'm afraid not milord."Jaken said as he bowed down "Once we reached the isles Prince Sesshoumaru was attacked by two demons. One of them was a minion of Lord Raizen and the other the brother of Lord Kurama. Prince Sesshoumaru told me to tell you that they were responsible for the death of Tao Ren and that you would know the proper action to take with the Emperor."he said as Taishou frowned deeply as he shattered his glass in his hand as his eyes turned red as his aura instantly flared up as the castle began shaking sending the servants into a panic feeling their Lord's aura suddenly turn harsh
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:42 pm
Sayuri would look at him as she would shift a bit from her spot, "sounds fair, we should go more inland than the sea lines if that madusa was any indication of danger than that is what I believe would be the case....or the main village that is hidden in the mountains" she said as she motioned with her hand towards the direction of the small mountain range that the isles possessed. Though she didn't even mind to cover herself up, as she gathered new clothing and he watched her undress and slid into a more suitable bit of clothing. He'd recognize it or...at least the idea behind it, the cloths she first was found in once they had been cleaned the royal colors of the Ren family stood proudly on them and it would seem she had them remade to fit her now as she turned to face him once the clothing was on. "if we make contact with one of the villages let me pass through it first...im not sure how much of a reaction it will have to you...but if it does what my fathers barrier did they may see it as a threat"

Izanami wasted little time to enter her husbands study when she felt the rage in his aura as she would speak, "his death was not natural....at least not at the hands of just some demon wanting him dead..." she could tell in his aura, that Tao Ren died at the hands of one of the lords of the other lands...a direct threat that violated the 'treaty'
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:07 pm
Sesshoumaru watched her intently noticing the colors in her clothing as he looked her in the eyes once she was finished "Fair enough. I shall allow you to take the lead on this."he said as he closed the carriage doors as he rounded the corner "Let's go then while we still have daylight"he said as he began walking ahead towards the dense overgrown path leading to the villages

"I am going to the Emperor with this news"Inu no Taishou said as he stood up "Another Lord has conspired against the Empire and an inu is dead because of it. Lady Luna will have her justice. Tao Ren will have his peace"he said angrily as he went to grab his blades "Begin work on sending our ships and convoys to offer aid in the isles. Send Jaken back with them."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:16 am
Sayuri simply nodded as she moved ahead of him quickly, "I was hoping you'd say that considering you've never been on these lands, maps are nice but outsiders tend to not know where to go." she moved from the ruins of the castle, the crisp air of the isles filling her lungs as she closed her eyes enjoying it. Though she soon let her eyes trail off "the trails are overgrown but still easy to spot, if we are lucky we'll notice signs of an active village the closer we get to the hidden village"

Izanami nodded as she would look to Jaken, "Go back to the isles quickly and report what is happening" she said as she would then move to go and get the generals so they could ready the armies and ships to head to the isles.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 am
"Barrier or not, my nose can definitely smell smoke not to far away from here"Sesshoumaru said as he put his nose into the air for a moment "And outsider or not these isles are now my home just as much as they were yours. I memorized every map and book of notes written by your father while you slept."he said "If I am to lead a people I am going to do it the right way."

"Yes Mi'lady!"Jaken said as he quickly scurried off as he reached the dragon already seeing a large mass of armor, swords and fluff quickly flying off the castle grounds as Jaken watched in awe "I've never seen Lord Inu no Taishou so worked up before."he said

It wasn't long before Inu no Taishou landed outside the gates to the Imperial Palace and demanded an audience with the Dragon Emperor immediately as he was guided to the throne room and told to wait
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:53 pm
Sayuri would just push on as she would listen to him, she knew he did everything he could in the amount of time he was given to prepare. "For now this is neither of our homes...what ever has plagued this land till we can remove it and settle the chaos....these lands are no ones.." she stated, after hearing about the ones responsible for her parents death still leaving her shaken she didn't want to imagine what the people had thought...to hear their protectors defeated and leaving them to fend for themselves. Different thoughts ran through her mind but she would continue to push on, traveling up towards the mountains knowing her mate would be keeping an eye on what ever could attack them...though soon she soon came to a stop after some time walking they were at a 'fork' one leading further up the mountain the other down a jagged pathway. She studied the ground before turning towards the jagged pathway, "this way, there's a hidden tunnel that leads to the belly of the mountain...that's were the village should be."

As Taishou stood waiting a figure seemed to step from the shadows, the scent of 'fox' filling the air as a black haired beauty stepped out. Her eyes calculating as she would soon speak "tis odd to see you out of your lands, and without your mate or even....your charming son" she stated as her tongue ran across her lips as she smirked. "though with the way your glaring at me right now I suspect somethings happened that's ruffled your fur."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:05 am
"The belly of the mountain?"Sesshoumaru questioned looking at her "I have to ask what would drive the villagers to travel not only so far inland, but down into the pits of a mountain as well...."Sesshoumaru said deeply frowning but continued following her "This is growing to be more troubling as time passes."

"Now is not the time Ryoko where is the Emperor?"Taishou demanded as he crossed his arms still fuming before turning on her again "You....no it'd be pointless to ask you, you hate your father as much as the rest of us do. Kurama and Raizen has committed an act of treason and I demand they be brought to justice, if not by the Emperor's hand then by my own. Where is Rei Yuan?"

"I am here old friend."came a voice as in walked Rei Yuan, hair messed up from having just come back from his ride on his sacred dragon Hyorinmaru "I have never seen you look so deeply troubled. Talk to me Inu no Taishou, you have the Emperor's ear."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm
"Considering what has happened I do not blame them." She stated simply as she kept walking moving past the bushes that seemed to have 'over' grown over the pathway but if one looked closely they could see the footprints still rather fresh. "as for troubling...we knew that when we came here Sesshoumaru.." the two of them kept moving till she would soon pause her hand slowly reaching out and she would feel it....a barrier "here....the entrance is here" she said looking back at him.

Ryoko raised a brow at him having not seen him like this, though she would speak "He was out on an inspection like always around this time" she said simply but when he brought up her father she just glared at him before turning to look to Rei when he walked in. "If this is dealing with 'him' I want no part" she said firmly as she turned to leave.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 pm
"Well....go on then."Sesshoumaru said as he crossed his arms "I said that I wouldn't rip through the barrier this time and you are taking the lead. If you need me, you know how to get my attention and I'll be there in a flash."he said as he looked down at her again "try not to cry in front of them. Remember, we are here to restore their lands and govern."

Inu no Taishou's mokomoko quickly fluffed and created a barrier around the door stopping her from leaving as he spoke again "Not so fast. I have no reason to let you off the hook considering your uncle Youko Kurama is involved in this devilish plot. Your family is involved and as Empress you are to held accountable for your family as well considering that is the reason Kurama has so much access to the throne."

Rei Yuan frowned as he walked over to his wife placing a hand on her shoulder as he motioned for Taishou to settled himself as his tail returned back to normal "Ryoko has tried many times to deal with her father believe me Lord Taishou. She will not participate in the trial, but she will be there as spectator and witness to the proceedings as is the right of the Empress in any matter involving Lords of our land. Now then, let us hear the charges being brought against Lord Kurama."

"It is not only Lord Kurama, Lord Raizen is every part as involved in this as Kurama."Taishou said "As my correspondence stated, Sesshoumaru has mated Sayuri Ren and as thus have been sent to the Mist Isles to restore commerce with the West before we allow the other lands to participate as well in order to finally establish the Mist as a Western territory considering it is off of our coast. However upon arrival Sesshoumaru fended off Youko Kurama and Hiei, one of Raizen's underlings who possesses the cursed Darkness Flame and forbidden Jagan eye."he said "If my son would have been killed then I would not have come here because war would have been started immediately. Attacking the Prince is still treason but Sesshoumaru is unharmed." he exclaimed "You need to decide what happens now or I shall take my family's justice into my own hands."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:15 pm
Sayuri almost wanted to hit him for that, "Please don't start acting like your mother now or this whole 'mated' bond between us is going to end a lot faster" she said quickly as she would simply walk through the barrier as if no issue. Though when she did she seemed to 'vanish' from his view the barrier was also casting an illusion to hide the entrance. She looked around and she could then smell them, all the villagers as she smiled warmly they were here....her people. She would turn then ont he barrier and it would open some for him, "you coming?" she asked before turning when he stepped through the barrier would shut tight behind him as she moved down towards the village.

Her heart was racing as they passed through the opening of the cave's mouth, the faint sounds of a thriving moving town reaching their ears. Though as they passed through they were soon meet with guards who quickly held up their weapons "Who are yoU! how did you get throught he barrier!" the one asked, Sayuri eyed him before stepping out of the shadows of the cave. The royal colors of her fathers house showing first then her face as the guards stood in shock "I am Sayuri Ren....and with the help of my mate we've come to reclaim the isles."

Ryoko would growl as her eyes glowed some, she wanted nothing to do with the bastard of a father and her family as she would soon feel Rei's hand on her shoulder. She looked at her husband, then back at Taisho as she calmed down. "He's had his chances to see to reason....I will not interfere nor be anything more than a witness at the trials...."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:59 pm
Sesshoumaru simply stood silently at her side observing the interaction as the other guard looked at her then to the other man "She looks legit....maybe we should go get the Elder....no one's ever actually gotten through the barrier before..."he whispered before looking at them "How did you get past the basilisk? That thing has been patrolling the shores for years and none of us could defeat it." "I killed it."Sesshoumaru said idly cleaning his claws before looking down at Sayuri "Sorry."

"Those are some serious allegations. I am glad to hear Sesshoumaru is safe and unharmed through all of that."Rei Yuan said as Taishou growled "Not an allegation, Kurama and Raizen are guilty."he snapped as Rei Yuan sighed "I understand your frustration Inu no Taishou, but as Emperor as much as it pains me, it is my job to be impartial and hold fair trial. I will do a direct summon for Kurama and Raizen and Lord Sekai as well to be on the panel of spectators with the Empress. Whatever has happened shall come to light."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 pm
Sayuri glanced at him before she would look back at the two men before them, "What he says is true, we came just the other day...if you'd guide us to your elder I'd like to speak to them...as well as anyone else remaining of my fathers guard." she said firmly, she needed to know what happened in thet days after the chaos...her father's guards would know as well as any other servants that still lived. The one would nod "I'll go and get the elder....he'll escort you into town" he stated before turning to leave as the more younger looking one shifted, "Um...well this way...then..." he stated as he looked Sayuri over a faint blush coming to the mans cheeks making her chuckle some. "best keep your eyes forward....my mate here might get mad" she teased the boy as he stiffened and walked forward as Sayuri glanced at Sesshoumaru. "I'm hoping the elder is one of father's old guards....or even the advisor if he escaped harm....any of them could help us learn what really happened."

Ryoko looked at Taisho as he more or less was 'raging' about justice and she would speak "You came to us to seek a fair trial Taisho, to follow within the laws laid out by all four lords and the emperor is what must be done. If they are found 'guilty' of the crimes you are claiming they will be dealt with. But to loss your temper before the trial has started does not do you well...let Rei do his job."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:39 pm
Sesshoumaru nodded his head casually at her as they followed behind the two boys who opened the gates leading them into the village as many of the other villagers stopped to look at them as they passed in awe and surprise as they reached the chiefs hut as the knocked on the door before going inside "Hey, so...we have guests...."

"Let us hope it is done well. Too many times the misdeeds of the North have been swept under the radar. But Raizen is also guilty this time and our alliance with the Oni are already paper thin."Taishou said crossing his arms "I shall await you in the council room."he said as he turned to leave

Rei Yuan let out a sigh after Taishou walked out before scratching the back of his head "It's days like these that I hate being Emperor but he's right and I do have a job to do now. Are you feeling alright? Not too stressed out are you?"he asked
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:52 pm
The elder would look over towards him as the door opened, an older man that had seen battle and shed blood. He raised a brow but would push himself up, "what sort of guests?" he asked firmly as the guard spoke "Well....one's claiming to be Sayuri Ren....sir.." the elder stood still before he would move towards the door pushing it further open as he stepped out just as Sayuri and Sesshoumaru entered the center of the town. "I never thought in these 'dark' years that I would see a Ren again....let alone a member of the Taisho pack as well" he stated looking at them both.

Sayuri turned towards the voice, she knew it but this one was also different as she looked towards the older man. His black hair greyed with time, but a deep scar over his right eye told her who he was "Captain Yomi" she said quickly as the man nodded his head "That is who I was....but here I am no more a captain...just an elder" he stated as Sayuri moved closer "Elder or Captain you are someone that is vital to helping us reclaim these isles....As last of the Ren it is my duty to see our home restored...with the aid of my mate Prince Sesshoumaru we will do jus..." "How do we know that this isn't a ploy? The Taisho's have wanted this land for centuries your father..." "My Father held a grudge against no one....he separated himself from both his father and Inu No taisho and the bickering that was between them....other wise like all of you who are of inu blood....would have turned into wolves...Luna guided me to them...just as she has guided me back here....with or without you I will reclaim our home..I was just hoping to do it with"

Ryoko would look at him as she would nod her head "I'm doing fine Rei, honestly you worry far to much than you should...issues with my 'family' will haunt me for as long as those whole a grudge against my fathers actions...for now we should worry on the trial if what he said is true...we best prepare for a war because weither we settle it here or not....knowing my father he'll have something up his sleeve working within the shadows to get what he wants.."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 am
Sesshoumaru watched on in silence still standing behind his mate. He was curious if she was going to have the strength to overcome any challenges they may face in restoring the mists and this was her first one. He had to admit she was handling herself in a way that was most pleasing to him, to the point he felt he didn't have to speak much since she was speaking for him as well

"T-they said that this guy killed the monster by the castle as well Elder Yomi"the other boy said as well "That sudden powerful aura that we all felt yesterday must have been this guys. We should have known they would easily pass through our barrier."

"Yes the antics of Kurama know no bounds."Rei Yuan said sighing as he shook his head "Do me the service of summoning the other three lords for me while I go and bathe from my travels before presenting myself before them please. I know your father and Sekai are skilled in the magics and can teleport themselves but Raizen cannot so that'll buy me some time to prepare."he chuckled kissing her cheek before walking off
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:01 am
Sayuri would stand there her hands gripped at her side as she stared at Yomi, a once powerful captain in her father's guard as well as a powerful demon but she held her tongue for now listening till hearing the boy speak. "That monster was hardly a threat to us, and as I said...we are here to bring these isles to heal with or without you I will reclaim my homeland..." Yomi stared at her listening then he turned his attention towards Sesshoumaru "you seem fairly confident in your mate Sayuri, but what says the man that stands in silence....powerful yes I can sense his aura even repressed as it is within the barrier....however is he ready to face more creatures and even the ones responsible for your father and your families end?" he asked. Sayuri tensed hearing the last bit, before glancing at Sesshoumaru some...they could handle the monsters but could they take on Kurama and Raizen?

Ryoko smiled at him some as she shook her head "don't soak to long and keep your dragon out of the baths this time....im tired of getting stabbed by his loss scales" she called after him, shaking her head as she turned to head towards the summoning chambers. She stepped through and took a deep breath Sekai was the easiest of the three but the other two, closing her eyes she shook away her hatred and pushed every emotion behind a mask before speaking "Lord Sekai, Lord Raizen and Lord Kurama you are wanted at the Empire's Center respond" she said firmly waiting for each face to appear within a 'mirror' the one she loathed the most making her blood run cold. "We've received some information that requires your presence and this is a direct order from your Emperor."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum