The Forest of Stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Go down
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin
https://twitch.tv/starberrieplays

Sixth Sense - Page 3 Empty Re: Sixth Sense

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 pm
Koharu would nod her head, as she would soon move she knew how to flash step it was almost kinda necessary for someone in the 5th division to be able to do it specially when their captain was apart of the family that perfected it. She would appear down just before Shoka as she would speak "not long, and the Captains family perfected it so with his aid you'll learn it in no time Shoka"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 pm
"Perfect, then that will be your first lesson of the day. We will be training in sword fighting, and spirit communication daily, but the other lesson of the day will rotate between Hoho, Hakuda and Kido. Today will be Hoho then, and with that, the first step of Hoho is learning Shunpo, or the flash step."Yushiro said to Shoka giving a nod to Koharu "She's correct, the Shihouin clan are masters of Shunpo and my older sister is the fastest shinigami to ever use the technique"he said proudly "But I'm a close second. Flash steps are all about moving from point A to point B in the least amount of steps possible, but channeling your energy into your speed. A game we play to learn how to flash step is tag even from a young age. Shoka you'll have to channel some of that immense spiritual pressure and begin learning how to focus it. Mastering shunpo is a helpful defensive strategy and will greatly help your mastery of kido later one by learning to control yourself."he said "Now...."he said as he vanished appearing behind the both of giving them a light push on the back "You're it."he said before vanishing, appearing just a couple feet from them smiling
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 am
Shoka caught herself from leaning too far forward and turned to try and grab him, but he was gone. She looked around the room to try and find him. Once spotted, she tried to focus her energy on moving forward but nothing happened when she ran after him except, simply, running.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:46 pm
Koharu stood there listening and simply would tilt her head when he stated they were going to play tag. It was a game she hadn't even thought of since she was a kid in the rukongi, but as she watched him her eyes moved but not her body, she would even watch shoka seeing how she moved before she would close her eyes, one thing Koharu did rather than rushing into action which often times left her unnoticed cause of her late response was to just stay calm...feel the situation and as he vanished again she would move as she soon as as next to him reaching out to tag his shoulder. Of course she wouldn't get him the first time or the times after as she played it by ear, listening to the faintest of sounds before reacting as she seemed to be just a few seconds to a minute slower.
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm
Yushiro laughed as he twirled around Shoka's attempts to run after and tag him before having to quickly flash step as Koharu appeared next to them as he gauged their level of skill "Shoka your speed is impressive, until you figure you the flash step part, try focusing your reishei into your feet, this will increase your speed and give you flight"he said as he suddenly ran past both of them before jumping up into the air flying upwards before turning around and stopping "Hollows tend to be tens of hundreds of feet tall sometimes to its important to know how to fly and increase your speed."he said before vanishing appearing behind them as well "As well as the flash step. Not all Soul Reapers, even at the Captain level can flash step proficiently, so there is definitely a learning curve involved. I'm actually very impressed that Koharu is keeping up with my current pace by just seconds. Was shunpo one of your strengths at the Academy Koharu?"he asked giving them a small break to catch their breaths after running around after him
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 pm
"How do I focus on something I didn't know I had?" She asked. "It's not like trying to make myself focus when reading or concentrating when working on something." She said and tried to focus again and ran after the captain once more
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:26 pm
Koharu would brush her hair from her face some, as she watched Shoka wondering for a moment as she saw her rushing at the captain but still failing to flash step. Moving up she would soon speak "I know this may sound silly....but how I learned was by playing with Orichi...granted no one else could see him but me...however, as a fox hes naturally fast....hes also a spirit made of energy....energy is different forms around us....imagine it....at your feet...and moving through you like the air you breath." she stated

As she did she would flash step forward once again almost touching the captain as she turned to look at Shoka, "your going to fail thousands of times....I've fallen many times, ripping my cloths over and over again....but i didn't stop....and one day...I caught the fox" she said happily, "now...help me catch this one"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm
"That is an excellent way to put it"Yushiro said with a hearty laugh dodging once more "And you are right Shoka I am sorry, I could have been more descriptive in my explanation but it's like Koharu said, you naturally emit a large amount of spiritual pressure, that is why your sword is usually in its released state when you draw it. So now it is time to take that spiritual pressure and learn how to finely control its ebb and flow around you. Captains usually suppress their large spiritual pressures, otherwise we'd be wielding zanpaktou as large as skyscrapers and our pressure may suffocate some of the weaker shinigami beneath us."he stated "So like Koharu said, try, try and try again, but you will get it, just as she caught her fox"he said before vanishing once again "That was a close one. You almost had me there."he said with a grin
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 am
She caught herself on the wall and sighed. "Try and try again....it's just like a game." She said keeping both pieces of advice as she turned back to them. "Played games with Jeteimaru before...."she mumbled to herself. She tried focusing on her feet rather then catching Yoshiro and then ran forward. She had then suddenly burst forward at a speed she had never been able to reach before and hit the opposite wall .
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:24 am
Koharu would sigh some as she watched Yoshiro dart off again, he was quicker than she could expect but she did turn her head towards Shoka and watched her. When she suddenly darted and hit the wall she moved over to her, as she would hold her hand out helping her up "you did good for your first try, I broke my nose the first time" she said with a small smile, "Orichi still teases me on it to this day...annoying little fox..."

Though she soon stepped from her and glanced back at Yoshiro as she would speak, "perhaps we should do smaller distances for her first Captain, its harder to control at shorter distances so once she gets that down long distances will be easier."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm
"Stopping is indeed always a challenge, but you managed to do accelerate this time!"Yushiro said with a laugh as he teleported over to them helping Shoka up as well "And yes, it is a game, I think a game is the easiest way to view training because it encourages you to want to get better at it, as opposed of thinking of it as some mundane function you have to do over and over again." he said with a chuckle "So, Shoka, that feeling that you just felt in your legs, is the feeling we are going to focus on in building up your speed whenever we do Hoho exercises in Shunpo. Though I am very impressed at the level of skill you both already are showing in your proficiency in shunpo, and that's coming from a Shihoin so be very happy with yourselves."
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 pm
"That was....different." She said as she was helped up and groaned, she knew that by the end of the daythere would be bruises. "Shunpo....Hoho? What are those?" She asked as she rubbed her middle, still soar from her impact.
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 pm
"I can give you the books on those, it helps explain at least mine did....considering I wrote in them.." she said as she would soon press her hand against Shoka's side, "does it hurt when you breath at all or just tender from the hit?" she asked as she looked at her, "your body isn't used to this sort of thing so it be good not to push to hard....im not sure how much a human body is different from a shinigami's..."

She would then glance over to Yushiro as he came back over to them, "it might be easier to teach her first before training on it....without understanding it might be difficult...she didn't grow up in the spirit world...and the other one well....seemed to be a loss cannon from the reports on him."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 pm
"There will be time for both"Yushiro said looking over at the two "Unlike most shinigami, who slowly come into their powers, and imprint their zanpaktou, she's starting off a fair curve. At the current level of raw spiritual pressure in addition to her shikai, she could easily sit at a 5th seat within a division, that is a huge amount of power to learn to master quickly, because I do not know how long Head Captain Yamamoto will tolerate all of this if results are not produced. Kurosaki Ichigo had the help of my sister and Kisuke Urahara, two Captain level Shinigami as well as all of Urahara's inventions, we do not have such luxuries, so we will train by day, and study by night."he said the usual smile never leaving his face "I may say a lot of terms you won't understand but the lovely Koharu here will be there to clarify anything you might have missed. Now, we can give shunpo a rest, let's move into some zanjutsu since we are talking about spiritual pressure and shikai. The way of the sword. I am already so proud that you both know the name of your zanpaktou Orichi and Jeteimaru. That is an honor many shinigami still do not currently possess and it is a true rite of passage into attaining higher levels as a soul reaper."he commented motioning to both of their swords
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:02 am
@thanks....yeah I'm fine. It's weird..since being here I feel a bit different but that might just be because of actually just using the spiritual energy." Shoka said and gave Koharu a small smile. She turned to Yoshiro again, "So just knowing their names is an added curve?" She asked, "what's your Zanpaktous name? And who is Kurosaki Ichigi? You mentioned him before.....is he like a super famous reaper or something?"
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:09 pm
Koharu stood there listening and glanced at Shoka when Yoshiro stated she'd help her out, she didn't mind aiding the girl, but she also wasn't sure how to go about it...she was human after all. Though when she brought up Icchigo, Koharu would speak "He's a human like you are Shoka, that became a reaper but also....with him came a lot of events including the one regarding former captain Aizen...because of that a lot of new rules were put into place...i don't know the full details as I didn't even become an officer till after it all and....I was still apart of the academy when it was happening."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm
"Ah yes Ichigo. I waited a long time to meet him ever since my sister told me that she was coming back to the Soul Society to free him and prevent Rukia from being executed. It was quite the interesting turn of events for all that to transpire here in Soul Society. Though Ichigo's father is from a former Noble family and used to be former Captain of the 10th Division before Captain Hitsugaya."Yushiro told them as he then blinked at her other question "The name of my zanpaktou?"he repeated as he reached behind him pulling out the short bladed katana from behind his haori. The sword's black hilt had an octagon shaped guard with a golden tassel on the end "This is Chishinaru. She's shaped like a nodachi and she's usually used to provide a balance between offense and defense. I am usually a hand to hand fighter, so I hardly use her much in combat, but her special abilities are quite deadly. So most battles don't take long."he said with a dark chuckle
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:08 pm
"Oh. I see. They way you speak of him, you made him sound bad or something." She said softly and briefly cast he gaze down.

"So..."she said to quickly get off the subject, "a zanpaktou has powers....that's cool. Will I automatically know them or is that something Jeteimaru tells me or do I need to learn them on my own?"
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 pm
"You will acquire them through your training. Much the same way Koharu will be mastering her zanpaktou."Yushiro said "As you know already there are two released states of a zanpaktou, shikai and bankai. Both forms have different abilities you will learn as your spiritual pressure increases and your connection with your zanpaktou grows closer. Some zanpaktou have multiple abilities, some just have one. Some are easy to learn and come naturally, some you may have to defeat your zanpaktou's spirit in order to acquire it. It all ready depends on the attitude the spirit of your zanpaktou, which is essentially the attitude of your own soul. Chishinaru is a depressed, moody zanpaktou like I was in my youth. Her abilities are equally depressing, all who hear deathly wail fall victim to her illusions, and with my bankai, there are two stages, the first stage devoids the enemy of all their senses except their hearing, the second stage Chishinaru begins to sing her Siren Song. If you can manage to grab the tassel before the song ends, your soul will not be drawn away. Fail to touch her, and your soul becomes another one in her undead chorus forced to sing your pities for all eternity."he said looking at the two girls "I told you she was a very moody zanpaktou."
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:28 pm
Koharu would raise her hand to push some of her hair from her face, as she did that her bangs fell back into place. Listening to him she nodded her head, as he explained his own zanpaktou. "Orichi isn't that...gloomy but he has his moments were he is rather rude..." she said and would shake her head. "when I first saw him...he wouldn't even acknowledge me...said I was a filthy human...took a year before he even looked at me...and then a few months before he'd even speak."

IT was one of the hardest things she did to try and convince a spirit to even talk to her, but her determination paid off. "it was around that time when I caught him that he even began to like me...I had to catch him for him to ever talk to me...though I will say because of me meeting him winters weren't cold anymore...I suppose because his abilities lie with the ice and cold that was one reason why. "
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:28 am
"Well....though I guess Jeitemaru has been with me so long, I thought no yes like a guardian. I think he knows something but he won't tell me. All he said is that being here is best and that I have to find out everything out my self." She said and ran her thumb over the hilt. "Just wish I knew why."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm
"Hmm you both has such interesting spirits its not wonder they both manifested themselves so dominantly through your blades"Yushiro said stroking his chin for a moment deep in thought "You know what...., today...while I take some things into consideration for this training, we are going to hold off on the sword training, I think working on our flash steps was a good first start. Let's go grab lunch, and we can give Shoka a proper tour of our Division and the inner workings of the Seireitei. I'll put it on my Captain's tab so don't worry about the expenses"he said with his same smile stuck to his face as he tucked his zanpakto behind his back on his sash once again as his began leading them back to the hole in the wall "My job as Captain of the 5th is to harness the raw talent of our squad members. The 5th Division is known to be the most battle-ready and battle-capabale divison in all the Seireitei when it comes to strategies and tactics."he said "And so far out of my division you two have shown the most promise. So until others begin to step up through their training you will be my proteges that will assist me. You will be compensated for your time and services appropriately as well, I have already had your bonus pay delivered to your rooms."he said "What are you in the mood to eat? I loved bbq meats myself"he said rubbing his stomach which growled at that moment
Starberrieplays
Starberrieplays
Admin

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 am
Koharu would move behind him as they left the training grounds, and looked over to Shoka as the captain began to explain what the 5th did within the Seireitei. To hear it herself was almost a bit worry some considering that Koharu had spent most of her time so far being...hidden, she didn't mind being looked over and just being seen as a simple shikigami and nothing special but as he spoke about them she would speak "you....you didn't even know who I was really till the other day Captain...I still didn't really understand why I was even put in your division once I graduated from the academy."

it was true, her marks weren't great but passing other than her skills at the flash step and that she was a hard worker she didn't think she had much of anything else. "Orichi still mocks me and calls me a fox without fangs..." she said with a sigh, as she could hear the little fox mocking her even now laughing as she would glare to the side some "Orichi....i wont bring you out anymore if you keep talking" she stated quickly to the little fox spirit.
Laluna90
Laluna90
Memeber

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:00 pm
"You sure you want me? I dint even have a single clue about this kind of stuff, or how to use a sword....Jeteimaru just showed up, I didn't do anything." She said as she rest her hand in the hilt of the sword, 'you will do fine Shoka. Have faith.' she heard softly and she smiled a tiny bit.

But at the mention of food, her stomach growled loudly, "yeah....I guess, what ever you guys want I'm okay with."
MusicMajorKT
MusicMajorKT
Memeber

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:14 pm
"Excellent, luckily there is a place for grilled meats right in our division, and I'm known for going there a lot"Yushiro said as he took the lead as he guided them there listening to their questions and concerns "It is said that those in the 5th Division do not choose to be there, rather destiny somehow managed to blow them there. The same can be said for someone like Ichigo and Shoka. It isn't open those with spiritual pressure happen to run into members of the Shihouin clan. Of the Noble Families we are definitely the most accmodating to outsiders. Isn't it odd how the universe works."he said before pausing "Oh yes, one thing, whatever you do, avoid Captain Kurotsuchi of the 12th Division at all costs if you value your human sanity"he said darkly as they walked "He likes to conduct all manner of experiments on everyone and everything and no one is safe from his grasp....I would also be mindful of Captain Zaraki and anyone from the 11th Division as well unless your itching for a sword fight. Captain Kuchiki won't like you, but he won't harm you and everywhere else is fine to roam."he pointed out as they walked "Each Division is ran very differently and each as its own mission and strengths it adds to protecting the Seireitei"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum